• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I have a bad feeling about this - it's only eight minutes long as has no M-rated games. (meaning that none of the games that I was looking forward to - Persona 5 Scramble, Doom Eternal, No More Heroes 3, or Bayonetta 3 - are likely going to be included in any form)

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
SMT V I KNEW LETS FRICKING GOOOOOO

Edit: wait just watched the whole thing
not a sequel, a remake
either way i’m still excited

Edit 2: IF I HAD STAYED FOR A LITTLE LONGER I WOULDVE KNOWN SMT V IS IN WTF NINTENDO

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, I liked the Shin Megami Tensei stuff.

Looking forward to both the 3 remake and the fifth game.

Already a good start for these mini presentations.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, that was a good start towards more presentations down the line.

Plus, SMT fans must be real happy right now with what they got.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm gonna be real with ya.

Why do you all defend him so much? Ignoring my own thoughts and feelings about him for a second... He's a grown-ass man, and if people are attacking him, he has the ability to report them just as much as you guys do. You all don't need to flock to his defense like an ant colony protecting their Queen, report, and move on. You are not Fatman's personal defense force, you are his equals, all members of the Geno thread, and while it's commendable to look out for one another, constantly posting about how he's such a good guy and to not be mean to him when someone comes in to start trouble isn't the proper way to handle that situation.

I understand you all may like him, but instead of DOG-PILING to defend him... report and move on. I counted no less than like, 10 posts all sticking up for him, and while it's cute, sweet even, all it does is pile on more work for the site's staff because you're just feeding into a supposed troll. This doesn't help the situation, and in the supposed troll's case, you were simply playing right into their hand, making things even worse for yourselves without even realizing it.

And then a certain user popped off WAY hard and started saying super offensive **** to defend him and... whew lawdy. That was a super, mucho grande spicy meatball right there. Stuff like THAT is why the community unfairly judges the thread tbh. The apparent lack of maturity and flinging out edgy insults faster than a 4channer, yeah, not a good look. Yes, it was only one person, but it's always the loudest person that stands out among the crowd. If someone goes in and sees 99 nice people, but 1 abhorrent person, that 1 bad guy is going to stick into their mind more than the 99 nice people. It's the old adage of "One bad egg spoils the dozen". Even if it doesn't actually and it's silly to toss out 11 good eggs when only 1 is bad, people are going to do so anyway.

The Geno thread is the community's whipping boy, no one can deny that, but if you want to improve your image, you have to actually want to improve. Report trolls when they emerge instead of going on the offensive, simply report posts attacking users instead of becoming their personal vanguard, and hype responsibly. I understand that, as a close-knit community, when you see one of your own being attacked, your first instinct is to attack back, but that doesn't do ANY good.

A little maturity and tact in situations like this would go such a long way in helping build that thread's image up. Conversely, if people in that thread continue doing things like what happened tonight, attacking trolls instead of ignoring them and reporting them, and getting REALLY ANGRY and saying really bad, dumb ****, it's only normal people are going to look at it in disdain, it's not fair, but it's just human nature.

Act the way you want others to act around you.

I 100% agree with the staff member that handled the situation. The Geno fan-base is, a lot of the time, unfairly biased against in the community, but sometimes, like the aforementioned incident, y'all ain't innocent either, and if you want to start changing that stereotype the community at large has put you under, you need to take incidents like this to heart and try to make sure they stop happening in the future, because heaven knows, this isn't the first, nor is it the last time this'll happen with the thread currently as it is.
I agree.

You’re right; while for me it has been frustrating seeing an innocent dude accused of lying, harassed, ridiculed and mocked for no good reason (as well as the thread in general with the generalizations), me and others really should just report the ones doing this tbh. I guess we just really respect him for what he’s done, but of course I and I’m sure others would feel the same way if the same was done to another user.

Yeah, I guess we can get carried away with hype sometimes, I know the thread definitely had an issue with users getting disappointed about the starling, though it seems better now but still not quite right. I think most people handled today’s disappointment well, just complainin’ about Nintendo’s lack of communication and first-party announcements or not even that, but there were at least a few real angry dudes.

There’s also an issue of some users being too hostile, even over people who are being genuine about stuff. Feels like only a few, but still. I guess I should say something, as should others - I guess I just don’t like getting involved and risk causing more crap, but I really should I suppose; or just report without any risk, I guess, I just kinda think saying something would help with change, but I dunno, should probably just stick to the report button. Idk how others feel.

All in all, yes, I agree. I still think the thread and most of the users are nice to be around, with most of the speculation and stuff being good and fun, but there’s no denying we have issues in there tbh.

I’m gonna include my thoughts on the Direct here too:
I was pretty meh about everything EXCEPT CADENCE OF HYRULE BECAUSE IT HAS SKULL KID AND NOW I WANNA PLAY IT YESSS LOVE FOR FOR THE MASK CHILD

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just managed to tune in to the mini-direct and all I have to say is after waiting so long.......:

Anyways, I wasn't really expecting much from the Direct even though the pandemic affected a lot of plans, the only highlight of the Direct is probably the SMT V game which looked quite interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm very Happy.

Was expecting some Bakugan level stuff but got SMTV and 3 instead.

Quite the upgrade.

The hilarious thing is that before the presentation I bought the Atlus Smash Mii costumes.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Afterthoughts:
Cadence of Hyrule (if that’s what it’s called) actually seems pretty cool, and I’ll definitely be picking it up during the wait for SMT3R and SMTV
There was also some wrestling stuff and something else in there that I can’t remember
Overall, it was pretty decent. It absolutely sucks that we now have no news about Botw2, Bayo3, etc.
So what’s up with all the leakers right about now? Do you think they were all just trolling? Or do you think maybe we just assumed things too quickly?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Has Shadow Zelda actually appeared since the dark clone variant in the TV show over 20 years ago? If not, that's actually pretty cool to see her first true game appearance. Also, having Skull Kid use various masks is nice, since it actually emphasizes the guy behind the mask, not just the Majora's Mask. They're actual different entities and all.

I like the artstyle of the latest WWE game. A bit more cartoony and similar to chibi style. SMT is sweet. Overall, I liked it. Rogue Project looked neat too, but admittedly it's the only one that didn't catch my attention.

D

Deleted member

The Cadence of Hyrule stuff looked great, and I'm really happy we finally got some SMT V news. I wasn't expecting Nocturne as well. :O
Glad you enjoyed the SMT stuff!

I am here hoping I will be able to at least buy the Nocturne remake whenever It comes out.

Wondering how osby osby will react to the news doh.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I didn't find that especially interesting. After literal months of silence, we got a presentation with a whopping total of four games and one set of DLC. They say it's the first in a series, but given how their marketing has been, I'm expecting that we won't get another one until November or December, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

The only game that I might look into is the Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne remaster, and that's only if that's the game that features Dante from the Devil May Cry series. (I've heard those games are difficult, so I'm hesitant about trying them - the inclusion of a character that I'm familiar with tends to help)

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
To talk more about SMT, I've actually been wanting to try out the series for myself. Anyone know which of the 3DS games I should get first?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Yet Japan got this snuck into theirs. What?

Would have been nice to place this in the worldwide one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To talk more about SMT, I've actually been wanting to try out the series for myself. Anyone know which of the 3DS games I should get first.
People around Discord seem to reccomend me the 4th Game the most as apparently It has a lot of polished elements.

Outside 3DS, everyone seems to consider SMT3 Nocturne the best one. That one's for PS2.

D

Deleted member

Well, at least SMT 3 and 5 were there and the simultaneous release for 5 is good news. Other than that it was really barebones. Some DLC, a generic Hi-Rez shooter and a wrestling game most people won't even remember next week.

Biggest blow was certainly not even a new Direct announcement, like they did with Pokemon. Back to the news drought it is.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Feeling strangely good about this mini direct, SMT made it worth it in my opinion and something tells me we might get a real direct next month or something.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Its very interesting that the Japanese Direct was over 12 mins which is 4 minutes longer than the Western versions:

Showcasing the Fairy Tail and FF Crystal Chronicles would have been nice too along with Ryza. The first two are getting worldwide releases as well.

Still what can you do?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
jeez...Nintendo fans are the worst with how mad these hoes are getting

now we shall get more directs due to the stupidity and greed of fools who have trashed this small mini Direct
Ouch, I hope the wrestler is ok.
don’t worry...for once this was a fake eyeball removal (a first time nonetheless). Usually an eyeball would actually fall out
That like to dislike ratio though
these fools

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
So I was right. Nothing good. Sighs. You could have just uploaded these trailers online with no fanfare. Nintendo directs are for more important stuff then this.
Unless
-You like Cadence of Hyrule
-You like SMT
-You like third person shooters
-You like wrestling games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom