• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I brought up something like this before but I wanted to talk about it again and I just think it’d be a little exercise to talk about, name 10 Pokémon that you would travel around the world with and do fun stuff without having to worry about battling.
1. Flygon
2. Sylveon
3. Primarina
4. Torchic
5. Alolan Rattata
6. Smeargle
7. Yamper
8. Ribombee
9. Arcanine
10. Granbull
1. Azumarill
2. Emolga
3. Minccino
4. Dewott
5. Audino
6. Scorbunny
7. Midday Lycanroc
8. Mimikyu
9. Pachirisu
10. Flareon

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
PeridotGX PeridotGX Do you have an AO3 account by any chance? I know you have a fanfiction.net one since you subbed to the story, but do you have an AO3 account? Just curious. If so, I'd recommend getting one so you can leave a review on AO3, if you like haha

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I brought up something like this before but I wanted to talk about it again and I just think it’d be a little exercise to talk about, name 10 Pokémon that you would travel around the world with and do fun stuff without having to worry about battling.
1. Flygon
2. Sylveon
3. Primarina
4. Torchic
5. Alolan Rattata
6. Smeargle
7. Yamper
8. Ribombee
9. Arcanine
10. Granbull
Ooh, this'll be fun!
1. Ampharos
2. Zorua
3. Snivy
4. Vulpix
5. Eevee
6. Litten
7. Rockruff
8. Rhydon
9. Dragonite
10. Keldeo

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:3 He's adorable and props to the artist for the wonderful job! I really like the color scheme!
Indeed, tho to make sure we're on the same line. I did all the coloring, in fact, beside the hair & most of the miko, all the colors were thought on the spot. Which was hard at first, but it paid off in the end. :) That, and it took me a couple of days to do it, if not atleast a week. It was all woth it tho because he is one adorable trickster.
I've actually never seen this fella before! Looks great dude!
Really? Weird, I thought I tagged you last time, but hey, glad you saw it!
Good work mate. I like how clean this looks and nothing looks off at a glance.
Awww, thanks! < 3 Color balancing is still something i'm learning, but on this piece, I feel like I did a great job on that part, all while also making sure it fit Levi character. All thanks to the power of LAYERS, Ctrl+Z & looking up other artists online.

And CSP.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Indeed, tho to make sure we're on the same line. I did all the coloring, in fact, beside the hair & most of the miko, all the colors were thought on the spot. Which was hard at first, but it paid off in the end. :) That, and it took me a couple of days to do it, if not atleast a week. It was all woth it tho because he is one adorable trickster.
xD Yes, I know you did the coloring. And I agree, the wait was worth it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This game is pretty hard. Looking back, I really did rely on a guide to finish it, but it was worth it. (For the record, Persona 3 is harder because you can't control your party members.)

I agree that I like the central cast of characters more here than Persona 5 or even 3. Like you said, I prioritized them and their social links, so my connections with them were strongest out of the whole cast (plus Nanako and Dojima because wholesome family drama is wholesome).

My squad for the rest of the game ended up being Yukiko, Kanji, and Teddie. Yukiko is your dedicated healer, Teddie is your dedicated defensive buffer plus attacker, and Kanji just hurts and takes a beating. It covers all bases and you never really need to use intense boss prep after Shadow Kanji beyond leveling up and getting stronger personas.

What were your thoughts on the finale?

Specifically, starting from Nanako & Namatame to uncovering the murderer.
I'm glad that I had a guide for those, because I definitely would have gotten the bad ending at various points.

Major Persona 4 spoilers here, though it's largely my unorganized ramblings about the endgame. (also, I mention Persona 5 spoilers in here, though I try to be vague about those)

If I hadn't known that you needed to avoid going full-on vigilante justice in order to get the good ending, I would have said "screw it" and chucked Namatame in the TV, seeing as it looked like he had killed (or at least was directly responsible for the death of) a little girl.

It's understandable why they didn't leave Namatame to die (that would be entering villain territory, or at least morally ambiguous), but I don't know how people would have found the true ending originally. I get that I needed to talk to everybody whose social link got to rank 10, but I wouldn't have known to check the Junes elevator 2-3 times afterwards if I hadn't used a guide.

I knew about the twist with Adachi beforehand, thanks to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, though I didn't expect him to be such a sleaze. I didn't see all of the choices for who the murderer could be, but I could potentially see it being frustrating if they give you a list of every character in the game and give you three chances to pick the correct option.

The options that I saw were the main party members, Dojima, Nanako, Adachi, and Namatame - out of those, Adachi's the only possible option (there's no way that Nanako would be the mastermind behind the murders), but if I didn't know that Adachi was the killer in advance, I probably would have kept going through the list and not picked him. There weren't any clues that I picked up on like what Persona 5 had for its traitor commenting on delicious pancakes.

I kind of figured that the story of Izanami would be involved somehow, since otherwise an extended lecture on the mythology of Izanami and Izanagi would have been completely pointless. However, I'm not familiar with Japanese mythology, so I wasn't sure about just how significant those two were until I looked it up. The twist didn't catch me off-guard like it did with Persona 5, since in that case, I was unfamiliar with the series and had no idea how recurring characters had previously been portrayed.

All in all, I liked the endgame. I wasn't sure about how the Adachi twist was handled at first (I felt like the characters were jumping to conclusions, like "he could have destroyed all of the evidence" or "he could be much more intelligent/competent/evil than he appears to be"), but they did well with justifying it afterwards, and he's such a troll in his new characterization that it grew on me. The transition from a human villain to a god pulling the strings felt smoother than it did in Persona 5, though maybe that's because I wasn't as familiar with the series when I played Persona 5.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1. Flygon
2. Sylveon
3. Primarina
4. Torchic
5. Alolan Rattata
6. Smeargle
7. Yamper
8. Ribombee
9. Arcanine
10. Granbull
Utility Pokemon:
1 - Hoopa. I can go anywhere!
2- Celebi. I can go to any time!
3 - Meowth. Infinite Money!
4 - Audino. If I or any of the Pokemon get sick, Audino can take care of that.
5- Ditto. I can't think of what specific situations it would help with, but I know it will.

Sentimental Pokemon:
Typhlosion
Decidueye
Lapras
Sirfech'd
Manectric
PeridotGX PeridotGX Do you have an AO3 account by any chance? I know you have a fanfiction.net one since you subbed to the story, but do you have an AO3 account? Just curious. If so, I'd recommend getting one so you can leave a review on AO3, if you like haha
I dropped a kudos (basically a favorite). I guess I could leave a more in-depth comment.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
1. Flygon
2. Sylveon
3. Primarina
4. Torchic
5. Alolan Rattata
6. Smeargle
7. Yamper
8. Ribombee
9. Arcanine
10. Granbull
1. Pikachu
2. Gengar
3. Charizard
4. Unown :201c:
5. Celebi
6. Gardevoir
7. Jigglypuff
8. Meowth
9. Ditto
10. Growlithe

(man this is tough; I like too many Pokémon)

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that I had a guide for those, because I definitely would have gotten the bad ending at various points.

Major Persona 4 spoilers here, though it's largely my unorganized ramblings about the endgame. (also, I mention Persona 5 spoilers in here, though I try to be vague about those)

If I hadn't known that you needed to avoid going full-on vigilante justice in order to get the good ending, I would have said "screw it" and chucked Namatame in the TV, seeing as it looked like he had killed (or at least was directly responsible for the death of) a little girl.

It's understandable why they didn't leave Namatame to die (that would be entering villain territory, or at least morally ambiguous), but I don't know how people would have found the true ending originally. I get that I needed to talk to everybody whose social link got to rank 10, but I wouldn't have known to check the Junes elevator 2-3 times afterwards if I hadn't used a guide.

I knew about the twist with Adachi beforehand, thanks to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, though I didn't expect him to be such a sleaze. I didn't see all of the choices for who the murderer could be, but I could potentially see it being frustrating if they give you a list of every character in the game and give you three chances to pick the correct option.

The options that I saw were the main party members, Dojima, Nanako, Adachi, and Namatame - out of those, Adachi's the only possible option (there's no way that Nanako would be the mastermind behind the murders), but if I didn't know that Adachi was the killer in advance, I probably would have kept going through the list and not picked him. There weren't any clues that I picked up on like what Persona 5 had for its traitor commenting on delicious pancakes.

I kind of figured that the story of Izanami would be involved somehow, since otherwise an extended lecture on the mythology of Izanami and Izanagi would have been completely pointless. However, I'm not familiar with Japanese mythology, so I wasn't sure about just how significant those two were until I looked it up. The twist didn't catch me off-guard like it did with Persona 5, since in that case, I was unfamiliar with the series and had no idea how recurring characters had previously been portrayed.

All in all, I liked the endgame. I wasn't sure about how the Adachi twist was handled at first (I felt like the characters were jumping to conclusions, like "he could have destroyed all of the evidence" or "he could be much more intelligent/competent/evil than he appears to be"), but they did well with justifying it afterwards, and he's such a troll in his new characterization that it grew on me. The transition from a human villain to a god pulling the strings felt smoother than it did in Persona 5, though maybe that's because I wasn't as familiar with the series when I played Persona 5.
Yeah you have to ****ing work for this good ending, especially on your first try. One, you gotta go against every emotion you're feeling and not push this crazy idiot into the TV.

Two, even if you think something's off, you gotta answer to Yosuke arguing with you six times before you get to progress with the good ending. Like you really gotta believe in yourself for this ****.

Three, you really gotta intuitively suspect who the murderer is. Like you said, the game doesn't just lay it out for you. I guess you could just reload your save and go through the list for each suspect, but who are we kidding. The real murderer was obviously Nanako.

Four, the entire plot was about the serial killing so expecting the player to go and God Hunt is pretty ballsy. Like damn. You really gotta think if you don't wanna use a guide.

But yeah, it's a pretty good finale even if you knew who dun it. Plus Nanako "dying" and Dojima being sad beforehand was the saddest thing ever and that's when it clicked with me that I love the cast.

I also like how Adachi is just a bumbling idiot. Like Goro is a mastermind chess player with extreme athleticism and the will power of adult politicians. Meanwhile, Adachi's just some bored and lazy asshole who got lucky and has no apparent talents nor drive to improve his situation. It surprisingly realistic for a murder motivation. You know, compare to ******* child conspiracy plot developed by a teenager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I’m gonna post a follow up question, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon and also what activities would you like to do that your Pokémon would allow you to do? Some of my examples:

-I’d take pretty much all the dog Pokémon bicycling with me
-I’d love to go soaring though the air riding on Flygon.
-Primarina and Totodile would make great swimming companions
-Alolan Rattata & Ribombee would be my cooking buddies (also Torchic who would light fires for me)
-Smeargle would be my painting buddy
-and Sylveon would be my emotional support companion

D

Deleted member

So I’m gonna post a follow up question, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon and also what activities would you like to do that your Pokémon would allow you to do? Some of my examples:

-Alolan Rattata & Ribombee would be my cooking buddies (also Torchic who would light fires for me)
Do a nuzlocke run.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man I really need to catch up on a few weeks of course work in two days.

1. Flygon
2. Sylveon
3. Primarina
4. Torchic
5. Alolan Rattata
6. Smeargle
7. Yamper
8. Ribombee
9. Arcanine
10. Granbull
Honestly I don't know.

In an ideal world, what I wouldn't do for a Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid style scenario with Pokemon though.

I be an office worker who comes home to two or three Pokemon. Can't think of whom at the moment.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Utility Pokemon:
1 - Hoopa. I can go anywhere!
2- Celebi. I can go to any time!
3 - Meowth. Infinite Money!
4 - Audino. If I or any of the Pokemon get sick, Audino can take care of that.
5- Ditto. I can't think of what specific situations it would help with, but I know it will.

Sentimental Pokemon:
Typhlosion
Decidueye
Lapras
Sirfech'd
Manectric

I dropped a kudos (basically a favorite). I guess I could leave a more in-depth comment.
Aw, thanks <3 I appreciate it :)
I'm hoping it keeps going up in stats and people like it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Teach Emolga various gliding tricks.
Have Minccino help me get rid of all the messes I leave around the house.
Ensure I don't get cold so easily with Flareon and also maybe cook things.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Let me hug Mimikyu. That is all I ask for.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Swampert & I would take to the seas and explore the world for some adventures, I'd volunteer Gardevoir to join me in my meditation sessions, Heracross would be in charge with various outside duties around the house like mowing the lawn, Swalot would be in charge to cleaning out trash, I would watch my favorite cartoons with Driftblim, and Glaceon would be in charge cooling me down during a hot day.

Also, I allow my team to sleep with me in my bedroom because I love them and they're the best.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Have you been so unmotivated that anything you tried to do before the coronavirus you're like "that is old world stuff. Doesn't feel right to work on it."

Been getting myself to do coursework but just lost care.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Have you been so unmotivated that anything you tried to do before the coronavirus you're like "that is old world stuff. Doesn't feel right to work on it."

i used to write a lot before the quarantine but now despite having more "time" i just can't find the inspiration lately

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I do have a hard time working on stuff despite having more time to do so, but as shown on the top of this page. I can still kick my butt a bit to work here and there.

That, and thinking too much about everything can hurt your motivation, so sometime, you just gotta say "**** it", and do whatever you want.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wanted to post this again because I really like this roster idea for Mario Kart 9.

Characters
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Princess Daisy
  • Yoshi
  • Birdo
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Pauline
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Princess Rosalina
  • Koopalings (Each Koopaling is an Alt Costume of the same base-character).
  • Babies (Same as the Koopalings. Contains Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Baby Wario, Baby Waluigi, and Baby Marth).
  • Cappy
  • Kamek
  • King Wart
  • Tatanga
  • Geno
  • Mallow
  • Fawful
  • Cackletta
  • Paper Mario
  • Vivian
  • Gombella
  • Kooper
  • Bombette
  • General Guy
  • King Boo
  • Petey Piranha
  • Don Pianta
  • Lakilester
  • Nabbit
  • The Broodals
  • Jimmy T
  • Ashley
  • Kat and Ana
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong
  • Funky Kong
  • Cranky Kong
  • Candy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Krunch (Diddy Kong Racing)
  • Timber the Tiger (Diddy Kong Racing)
  • Poochy
  • Alex (Mario Tennis GBC)
  • Rabbid Mario
  • Pac-Man
  • Don-chan
  • Matmetchi
  • Link
  • Samus Aran
  • Fox McCloud
  • Captain Falcon
  • Excitebiker
  • Isabelle
  • Inkling
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Miis
  • DLC
    • Wiggler
    • Hellen Gravely
    • Dorrie
    • Maw-Ray
    • Foreman Spike
    • Piranha Plant
    • Kirby
    • Mach Rider
    • Mega Man
    • Crash Bandicoot
    • POW Block (Free Bonus Character)
Tracks
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Peach's Castle
  • Captain Toad's Museam
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Bowser's Castle (Mario Odyssey inspired)
  • Wario's Gold Mine
  • Waluigi Stadium
  • New Donk City
  • Comet Observatory
  • Cascade Kingdom
  • Subcon
  • Sarasaland Circuit
  • Forrest Maze
  • Rainbow Road
  • Beanbean Airport
  • Rogueport
  • Mushroom Gorge
  • Thwomp Ruins
  • Moo Moo Meadows
  • Shy Guy Beach
  • Ghost Valley
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Dark Side of the Moon
  • WarioWare Inc.
  • Kongo Jungle
  • 75m
  • Kremkroc Industries
  • Crescent Island
  • Spaceport Alpha
  • Yoshi's Crafted Raceway
  • Ancient Garden
  • PAC-Labyrinth
  • Mame City
  • Bon Dance Street
  • Hyrule Circuit
  • Norfair Rush
  • Orbital Gate Assault
  • Big Blue
  • Excitebike Arena
  • Animal Crossing
  • Urchin Underpass
  • Pinball Highway
  • Egg Hanger
  • Sanctuary Falls
  • Gruntilda's Lair
  • Wuhu Island Loop
  • Nintendo Console History (Takes you across and "inside" the various Nintendo consoles across history from NES to Switch)
  • DLC
    • Maple Treeway (Wiggler Pack)
    • Last Resort (Hellen Gravely Pack)
    • Bubblaine (Dorrie Pack)
    • Jolly Roger Bay (Maw-Ray Pack)
    • Coconut Mall (Foreman Spike Pack)
    • Piranha Plant Pipeways (New Track based partly on Mario's Underground which takes you through the pipes Piranha Plants take to go from place to place)
    • Fantasy Meadows (Kirby Pack)
    • Fighting Course (Mach Rider Pack)
    • City Course (Mega Man Pack)
    • Wily Fortress (Mega Man Pack)
    • Crash Cove (Crash Bandicoot Pack)
    • Oxide Station (Crash Bandicoot Pack)
Notes
  • Alternate Costumes that change who the character is are treated like Legendary Skins from CTR Nitro Fuled (Same base stats and kart selection but with some unique animations at the victory podium).
  • Rather then use Generic Enemies, Paper Mario partners and antagonists were selected to give the racers more personality. Each characters normal "enemy" skin is selectable as an alternate costume.
  • The Broodals are able to share the same stats as they are each enclosed in a peice of the RoboBrood as their kart, with their head sticking out of the top in a glass bubble.
  • Baby DK and Baby Bowser are alternate costumes for Bowser Jr. and Donkey Kong Jr, rather then the "babies" character.
  • Rabbid Luigi, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Yoshi, Rabbid Cranky, and Spawney are alternate costumes for Rabbid Mario. Rabbid Kong is an alternate costume for Donkey Kong.
  • Dry Bones and Dry Bowser appear as alternate costumes for Kooper and Bowser respectively.
  • Almost every character has a "Doctor", "Metal", "Cat", and "Tanooki" costume, which comes standard with every character when you unlock them. Extra costumes like Mr. L and Shadow Queen must be bought from the Toad Brigade's Pit Crew Shop.
  • All characters that originate from the Paper Mario series are rendered in full 3D for the first time, except for Paper Mario himself, who is depicted in 2D, similar to his appearance in Mario & Luigi Paper Jam.
  • While all guest characters bring their own tracks and karts, Sonic and Timber (and later Mega Man and Crash Bandicoot) are treated as crossovers with "Sonic and All-Stars Racing", "Diddy Kong Racing", "Mega Man: Battle & Chase", and "Crash Team Racing" respectivley. With additional tracks, karts, and even power-ups compared to the other guests.
  • Pac-Man, Don-Chan, and Matmetchi make their main series debut after previously having appeared in the Arcade series "Mario Kart Arcade GP".
  • While Mii's can be customized to create as many alternate costumes as you want, the "base" costumes that come when you start the game include Satoru Iwata, Reggie Fils-Aimé, Shigeru Miyamoto, Masahiro Sakurai, Doug Bowser, and Yoshiaki Koizumi.
  • As a thank you to Square Enix for allowing the use of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars content, Link is given a costume where he wears the Erdrick Armor from Dragon Quest and Mario has an alternate skin where he wears Cloud's costume from the original Final Fantasy VII (in it's original Purple color scheme).
  • If one is able to get a good look at the concourse in Waluigi Stadium, either through photo mode, camera angle tricks, or hacking; one can see that one of the food dispensaries is labled "Waluigi's Taco Stand".
  • All courses are redesigned, even if they have appeared in a previous title, to be given a fresh new appearance and to help the title sand out.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Things have got quiet in Japan. I'm afraid that certain publications, such as Famitsu and Nintendo Deam, may be disrupted in the coming weeks. It's interesting to note that discussion of ARMS has been pushed aside in favor of Bravely Default II discussion, and, of course, Final Fantasy VII Remake. However, I believe it's more likely to see a Bravely Default II newcomer than a Final Fantasy VII newcomer, particularly as the next fighter may not be revealed until long after Final Fantasy VII remake hype dies down, whereas Bravely Default II hasn't even been rated by the ESRB yet. This may ostensibly be cause for a bigger problem in Japan, particularly with CERO temporarily suspending operations and ratings for upcoming games.

Wanted to post this again because I really like this roster idea for Mario Kart 9.

Characters
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Princess Daisy
  • Yoshi
  • Birdo
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Pauline
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Princess Rosalina
  • Babies (Same as the Koopalings. Contains Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Baby Wario, Baby Waluigi, and Baby Marth).
  • Cappy
  • Kamek
  • King Wart
  • Tatanga
  • Geno
  • Mallow
  • Fawful
  • Cackletta
  • Paper Mario
  • Vivian
  • Gombella
  • Kooper
  • Bombette
  • General Guy
  • King Boo
  • Petey Piranha
  • Don Pianta
  • Lakilester
  • Nabbit
  • The Broodals
  • Jimmy T
  • Ashley
  • Kat and Ana
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong
  • Funky Kong
  • Cranky Kong
  • Candy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Poochy
  • Rabbid Mario
  • Pac-Man
  • Don-chan
  • Matmetchi
  • Link
  • Samus Aran
  • Fox McCloud
  • Captain Falcon
  • Excitebiker
  • Isabelle
  • Inkling
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Miis
  • DLC
    • Wiggler
    • Hellen Gravely
    • Dorrie
    • Maw-Ray
    • Foreman Spike
    • Piranha Plant
    • Kirby
    • Mach Rider
    • Mega Man
    • Crash Bandicoot
Tracks
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Peach's Castle
  • Captain Toad's Museam
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Wario's Gold Mine
  • Waluigi Stadium
  • New Donk City
  • Comet Observatory
  • Cascade Kingdom
  • Subcon
  • Sarasaland Circuit
  • Forrest Maze
  • Rainbow Road
  • Beanbean Airport
  • Rogueport
  • Mushroom Gorge
  • Thwomp Ruins
  • Moo Moo Meadows
  • Shy Guy Beach
  • Ghost Valley
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Dark Side of the Moon
  • WarioWare Inc.
  • Kongo Jungle
  • 75m
  • Kremkroc Industries
  • Crescent Island
  • Spaceport Alpha
  • Ancient Garden
  • PAC-Labyrinth
  • Mame City
  • Bon Dance Street
  • Hyrule Circuit
  • Norfair Rush
  • Orbital Gate Assault
  • Big Blue
  • Excitebike Arena
  • Animal Crossing
  • Urchin Underpass
  • Pinball Highway
  • Egg Hanger
  • Sanctuary Falls
  • Gruntilda's Lair
  • Wuhu Island Loop
  • Nintendo Console History (Takes you across and "inside" the various Nintendo consoles across history from NES to Switch)
  • DLC
    • Piranha Plant Pipeways (New Track based partly on Mario's Underground which takes you through the pipes Piranha Plants take to go from place to place)
Notes
  • Alternate Costumes that change who the character is are treated like Legendary Skins from CTR Nitro Fuled (Same base stats and kart selection but with some unique animations at the victory podium).
  • Rather then use Generic Enemies, Paper Mario partners and antagonists were selected to give the racers more personality. Each characters normal "enemy" skin is selectable as an alternate costume.
  • The Broodals are able to share the same stats as they are each enclosed in a peice of the RoboBrood as their kart, with their head sticking out of the top in a glass bubble.
  • Baby DK and Baby Bowser are alternate costumes for Bowser Jr. and Donkey Kong Jr, rather then the "babies" character.
  • Rabbid Luigi, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Yoshi, Rabbid Cranky, and Spawney are alternate costumes for Rabbid Mario. Rabbid Kong is an alternate costume for Donkey Kong.
  • Dry Bones and Dry Bowser appear as alternate costumes for Kooper and Bowser respectively.
  • Almost every character has a "Doctor", "Metal", "Cat", and "Tanooki" costume, which comes standard with every character when you unlock them. Extra costumes like Mr. L and Shadow Queen must be bought from the Toad Brigade's Pit Crew Shop.
  • All characters that originate from the Paper Mario series are rendered in full 3D for the first time, except for Paper Mario himself, who is depicted in 2D, similar to his appearance in Mario & Luigi Paper Jam.
  • While all guest characters bring their own tracks and karts, Sonic and Timber (and later Mega Man and Crash Bandicoot) are treated as crossovers with "Sonic and All-Stars Racing", "Diddy Kong Racing", "Mega Man: Battle & Chase", and "Crash Team Racing" respectivley. With additional tracks, karts, and even power-ups compared to the other guests.
  • Pac-Man, Don-Chan, and Matmetchi make their main series debut after previously having appeared in the Arcade series "Mario Kart Arcade GP".
  • While Mii's can be customized to create as many alternate costumes as you want, the "base" costumes that come when you start the game include Satoru Iwata, Reggie Fils-Aimé, Shigeru Miyamoto, Masahiro Sakurai, Doug Bowser, and Yoshiaki Koizumi.
  • As a thank you to Square Enix for allowing the use of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars content, Link is given a costume where he wears the Erdrick Armor from Dragon Quest and Mario has an alternate skin where he wears Cloud's costume from the original Final Fantasy VII (in it's original Purple color scheme).
  • If one is able to get a good look at the concourse in Waluigi Stadium, either through photo mode, camera angle tricks, or hacking; one can see that one of the food dispensaries is labled "Waluigi's Taco Stand".
  • All courses are redesigned, even if they have appeared in a previous title, to be given a fresh new appearance and to help the title sand out.
As it happens, Bandai Namco is currently hiring a Mario Kart Tour Planner and Game Designer.

・ Designing Mario Kart Tour courses, as well as creating and adjusting relevant data.
・ Designing Mario Kart Tour mini-game levels, accompanied by data analysis
・ Detailing specifications and adjustments of various courses, mechanics and strategies for mini-games.
・ Negotiating with related companies and departments.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I want to hug an Arcanine.

It's so fluffy. :059:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Things have got quiet in Japan. I'm afraid that certain publications, such as Famitsu and Nintendo Deam, may be disrupted in the coming weeks. It's interesting to note that discussion of ARMS has been pushed aside in favor of Bravely Default II discussion, and, of course, Final Fantasy VII Remake. However, I believe it's more likely to see a Bravely Default II newcomer than a Final Fantasy VII newcomer, particularly as the next fighter may not be revealed until long after Final Fantasy VII remake hype dies down, whereas Bravely Default II hasn't even been rated by the ESRB yet. This may ostensibly be cause for a bigger problem in Japan, particularly with CERO temporarily suspending operations and ratings for upcoming games.

As it happens, Bandai Namco is currently hiring a Mario Kart Tour Planner and Game Designer.

・ Designing Mario Kart Tour courses, as well as creating and adjusting relevant data.
・ Designing Mario Kart Tour mini-game levels, accompanied by data analysis
・ Detailing specifications and adjustments of various courses, mechanics and strategies for mini-games.
・ Negotiating with related companies and departments.
I don't know about a Bravely Default II character. I mean, how many characters in the last pass were actually used to promote a new or upcoming game? Hero, and MAYBE Byleth even though Three Houses had already been out for months and the window for promotion was long past.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
I don't know about a Bravely Default II character. I mean, how many characters in the last pass were actually used to promote a new or upcoming game? Hero, and MAYBE Byleth even though Three Houses had already been out for months and the window for promotion was long past.
I would argue it's less about promoting Bravely Default II and more about having a relevant character release coincide with the launch of the new title, particularly if a Bravely Default character was pitched beforehand. Of course, if such a character were to be announced, it would no doubt be painted in the light you described. Beyond this, I'm neither advocating nor supporting the idea that we will have such a fighter, only that it would be more likely than another Final Fantasy character.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Characters
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Princess Daisy
  • Yoshi
  • Birdo
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Pauline
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Princess Rosalina
  • Cappy
  • Kamek
  • King Wart
  • Tatanga
  • Geno
  • Mallow
  • Fawful
  • Cackletta
  • Paper Mario
  • Vivian
  • Gombella
  • Kooper
  • Bombette
  • General Guy
  • King Boo
  • Petey Piranha
  • Don Pianta
  • Lakilester
  • Nabbit
  • The Broodals
  • Jimmy T
  • Ashley
  • Kat and Ana
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong
  • Funky Kong
  • Cranky Kong
  • Candy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Poochy
  • Rabbid Mario
  • Pac-Man
  • Don-chan
  • Matmetchi
  • Link
  • Samus Aran
  • Fox McCloud
  • Captain Falcon
  • Excitebiker
  • Isabelle
  • Inkling
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Miis
  • DLC
    • Wiggler
    • Hellen Gravely
    • Dorrie
    • Maw-Ray
    • Foreman Spike
    • Piranha Plant
    • Kirby
    • Mach Rider
    • Mega Man
    • Crash Bandicoot
Tracks
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Peach's Castle
  • Captain Toad's Museam
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Wario's Gold Mine
  • Waluigi Stadium
  • New Donk City
  • Comet Observatory
  • Cascade Kingdom
  • Subcon
  • Sarasaland Circuit
  • Forrest Maze
  • Rainbow Road
  • Beanbean Airport
  • Rogueport
  • Mushroom Gorge
  • Thwomp Ruins
  • Moo Moo Meadows
  • Shy Guy Beach
  • Ghost Valley
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Dark Side of the Moon
  • WarioWare Inc.
  • Kongo Jungle
  • 75m
  • Kremkroc Industries
  • Crescent Island
  • Spaceport Alpha
  • Ancient Garden
  • PAC-Labyrinth
  • Mame City
  • Bon Dance Street
  • Hyrule Circuit
  • Norfair Rush
  • Orbital Gate Assault
  • Big Blue
  • Excitebike Arena
  • Animal Crossing
  • Urchin Underpass
  • Pinball Highway
  • Egg Hanger
  • Sanctuary Falls
  • Gruntilda's Lair
  • Wuhu Island Loop
  • DLC
Notes
So what would be the weight class for each of these characters?

Also, I allow my team to sleep with me in my bedroom because I love them and they're the best.
I want to hug an Arcanine.

It's so fluffy. :059:
Same on both fronts.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would argue it's less about promoting Bravely Default II and more about having a relevant character release coincide with the launch of the new title, particularly if a Bravely Default character was pitched beforehand. Of course, if such a character were to be announced, it would no doubt be painted in the light you described. Beyond this, I'm neither advocating nor supporting the idea that we will have such a fighter, only that it would be more likely than another Final Fantasy character.
Okay, Fair Point. I still think if Square is going to allow anyone in the next pass it would/should be Geno as this passes equivalent to Banjo.

D

Deleted member

-Pikachu would be like a mini electric generator for when the power goes out, but only for small things like the microwave and charging the mobile phone and portable gaming devices.
-Meowth would accompany me in going out to run errands and be on the lookout for shiny things on the ground like loose change.
-Arcanine would keep the smaller Pokemon warm in colder nights.
-Totodile and Popplio would help me bathe my Pokemon.
-Sobble would join me in being anxious and depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom