• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, for that Ninjala open beta, my times are April 28 at 3 pm and 11 pm and then April 29 at 7 pm.

Not the best for the last two but I can handle it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
playing DMCV right now...and V is just not my kind of character out of the two I've been allowed to use

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still catching up on stuff.

Mario Kart lends itself to being a big crossover title far more than Mario Party I feel. The cars, the items and the tracks are all elements that can be enhanced by taking bits and pieces of some of Nintendo's other series and putting them into a racing context. I don't think other spin-offs could use the locals and characters in any meaningful way like Mario Kart could.

Nor does every Mario Spin-off have to change into Smash but a different genre. I think that's the part that kind of bothers me. Does Mario need that many spin-offs? Nah, probably not. I do like the Soccer games cause they have a unique visual style and tone. But I could live without another Mario Baseball game myself. But turning them all into Smash-like games feels like a band-aid on a slightly larger issue. But I get the idea, I guess.

It's just I'm not gonna lose any sleep cause Captain Falcon and Link aren't in Mario Tennis, ya feel me?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
playing DMCV right now...and V is just not my kind of character out of the two I've been allowed to use
I wasn't a fan of his playstyle either. He felt very hands-off, which is weird in an action game. Still, it's neat to see the developers experimenting with what can be done with the genre, and Dante more than makes up for it when you can play as him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He takes some time getting used to, but you're able to be aggressive in a way that's not normally done with Dante and Nero. Effectively, V can use his "Gun" and "Sword" at the same time. This really let's you put on the pressure or wear down enemies. Granted, I still enjoyed playing him the least.

I ended up liking Dante the most gameplay wise, even with my Lizard Brain, once things were into place, All was well.

Though if you want an easier time with Dante, just take 2 Guns and 2 Swords like Vanilla DMC3.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Still catching up on stuff.

Mario Kart lends itself to being a big crossover title far more than Mario Party I feel. The cars, the items and the tracks are all elements that can be enhanced by taking bits and pieces of some of Nintendo's other series and putting them into a racing context. I don't think other spin-offs could use the locals and characters in any meaningful way like Mario Kart could.

Nor does every Mario Spin-off have to change into Smash but a different genre. I think that's the part that kind of bothers me. Does Mario need that many spin-offs? Nah, probably not. I do like the Soccer games cause they have a unique visual style and tone. But I could live without another Mario Baseball game myself. But turning them all into Smash-like games feels like a band-aid on a slightly larger issue. But I get the idea, I guess.

It's just I'm not gonna lose any sleep cause Captain Falcon and Link aren't in Mario Tennis, ya feel me?

Take that back! Super Mario Sluggers for the Nintendo Wii is a masterpiece!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm having way too much fun in the Wild Area.

But I feel like I'm forgetting something. Like training to beat the champion or something.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Also to everyone in general speaking of.
What's the first thing you guys hope to do once it's fully over? For me it's spend a quiet morning in a library reading with a vanilla latte to drink.
Honestly I don't think much will change for me after the quarantine. I won't really have anything to do outside my house.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, for that Ninjala open beta, my times are April 28 at 3 pm and 11 pm and then April 29 at 7 pm.

Not the best for the last two but I can handle it.
I basically have really early morning in one day and really late at night the next with the middle section falling while I’m asleep. I’m still gonna try cause I’m a Gum Ninja Girl!

D

Deleted member

But it‘s been years since I’ve been playing these games, and I feel like I haven’t improved at all.
One thing I do is watch online videos, notice things that they're doing, and try to emulate it. Figuring out how good players do their techniques helps you in turn learn how to do those moves. That's why posted that video. I practically mained Ganon and Falcon in Smash 4 just to learn how to emulate that stuff.

It helps if you have a training partner because then you can practice on each other and its better than a cpu. Like I had my brother when Smash 4 was a thing. If you wanna play anytime soon so you can try new ****, hit me up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I liked that he defeats his enemies in a way that feels like he’s absorbing his enemies souls. I love games like that, where you drain your foes and take their power as your own. I long for an action game where you play as a Shang Tsung/Kevin 11 type character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wasn't a fan of his playstyle either. He felt very hands-off, which is weird in an action game. Still, it's neat to see the developers experimenting with what can be done with the genre, and Dante more than makes up for it when you can play as him.
only makes me wanna be given Dante even more
He takes some time getting used to, but you're able to be aggressive in a way that's not normally done with Dante and Nero. Effectively, V can use his "Gun" and "Sword" at the same time. This really let's you put on the pressure or wear down enemies. Granted, I still enjoyed playing him the least.

I ended up liking Dante the most gameplay wise, even with my Lizard Brain, once things were into place, All was well.

Though if you want an easier time with Dante, just take 2 Guns and 2 Swords like Vanilla DMC3.
I'll try to remember that for whenever Dante is available
I liked that he defeats his enemies in a way that feels like he’s absorbing his enemies souls. I love games like that, where you drain your foes and take their power as your own. I long for an action game where you play as a Shang Tsung/Kevin 11 type character.
aren't there Ben 10 games that satisfy that kind of need? That's not even a joke question
My strategy with V was to bank on Nightmare and blow everything the **** up.
bombing as an emo...ok

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Again, I would only recommend trying it out DMC3 style if Dante having like 8 weapons at one time is a little overwhelming. But the game does a decent job easing you into it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Again, I would only recommend trying it out DMC3 style if Dante having like 8 weapons at one time is a little overwhelming. But the game does a decent job easing you into it.
well damn Dante, he's just gonna have 8 weapons? I’m definitely gonna stick with a limited set of weapons likes he’s Bayonetta if that’s the case. Thanks for adding in that part, cause I was not gonna expect that at all

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

aren't there Ben 10 games that satisfy that kind of need? That's not even a joke question

bombing as an emo...ok
Not really. You only even play as Kevin in one of them and he doesn’t exactly have the play style I described. And I don’t necessarily want it to be based on that IP. Just about a character with powers like that. A comparison that’s just as apt is Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
well damn Dante, he's just gonna have 8 weapons? I’m definitely gonna stick with a limited set of weapons likes he’s Bayonetta if that’s the case. Thanks for adding in that part, cause I was not gonna expect that at all
Yeah, he has 4 "Swords" and 4 1/2 "Guns". Some of the weapons have stances too, don't be afraid to try them out, its worth it. But it'll take time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t even know what to say about this lol:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not really. You only even play as Kevin in one of them and he doesn’t exactly have the play style I described. And I don’t necessarily want it to be based on that IP. Just about a character with powers like that. A comparison that’s just as apt is Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat.
ah. Well I'm sure you'll get your type of game
Yeah, he has 4 "Swords" and 4 1/2 "Guns". Some of the weapons have stances too, don't be afraid to try them out, its worth it. But it'll take time.
wow...he sure likes to be prepared for any sort of fight

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Season 1 of Hell's Kitchen was a ****ing action anime. Too many plot twists, powerups, and I'm convinced that Mike is just Aizen from Bleach. Even the music is kind of anime.

ah. Well I'm sure you'll get your type of game

wow...he sure likes to be prepared for any sort of fight
Yeah, it's called Kirby. And to a lesser extent the Mega Man franchise and Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom