• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe it's cause I really love the series so I'm willing to defend on it.
Meant more as the two leads and if you have seen what is beyond the anime, you'll know. Subaru is willing to die hundreds of times to save her and is the one of the big driving points of the series. And if you think about Subaru from Emilia's perspective later when the anime ends.
Seen as the devil, frozen in ice and all that, a sketchy as **** clown looking dude backs her and all of a sudden this guy with these strange clothes sees doesn't see her as it.

Although really, for the love of all hell, can someone please in that story figure out everything about Subaru and his background. Been betting Beako to whole anime but that didn't happen.

If we are talking about friendships and couples I'd also have Okabe and Kurisu from Steins Gate and Riko and Reg from Made in Abyss in that.
Maybe it's because it's almost 4 am here

But that made about as much sense as my hands right now

I don't know where they are, send help, last seen shoving goldfish crackers in my mouth

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Season 1 of Hell's Kitchen was a ****ing action anime. Too many plot twists, powerups, and I'm convinced that Mike is just Aizen from Bleach. Even the music is kind of anime.
Mike is one of my favorite characters from that season <3 He's devious yet likable somehow, and an absolutely talented chef.
But my favorite overall is Elsie. Lovable and talented who just keeps her head down and doesn't get her head get too big. I respect that.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, when people talk about shoehorning LGBT characters, I usually think about what companies like Disney, and how they treat their gay characters like it's a huge spectacle and the LGBT community must support them because they love gays, and then like, the character gets 2 lines in a scene that doesn't do anything for the movie. It's really jarring, and you can tell they only did it because of money and money alone. Like, look at what Paranorman did compared to what Disney does.

I mean, it's annoying when a movie has like one black character in an all white cast, but then he speaks in the most stereotypical way like the writers never seen a black person in their entire life.

But I am straight, so maybe I shouldn't speak on this?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You can't talk about good couples in anime and not mention Fullmetal Alchemist.

Ed and Winry's subplot was childhood friends into lovers done so right.
Ed and Winry are so cute together <3
The writing in that series hits on every right note which is why it's my favorite show/series of all time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay, so Smashboards just gave me this notification.
98E9DD5A-36A8-4A4F-B7D9-F4C5C3C55DA7.jpeg

TheMightyP TheMightyP What type of time travel bull**** are you pulling? And can I partake in said bull****?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It doesnt take being gay/bi/ trans/ ect to understand how a game centered around that could get boring and repetitive. Especially if thats all the game would be about. Id rather personas story be about teens killing god and even that isnt the main point of persona games

Sincerely, a bi chick

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Building a game only around one part of the main characters' identity is not a great idea. It'll likely get too repetitive too quickly.
Ok. A: the protagonist would be a reflection of the player, and their for their orientation would be customizable and therefor could not be a part of the narrative, it would be more about your party members. B: there are a kajillion different letters in that acronym to focus on with almost another kajillion potential narrative variations and character types within that acronym. C: The story is about finding yourself and standing up for yourself, and learning to unabashedly be who you are. And not every story for every party member will use the fact that they’re gay to explore it directly. For some of them, that’s just a part of who they are and their true selves are being suppressed by something other then being in the closet.

I have this whole idea to put a twist on the typical Persona formula where a “Persona” is the mask you put on to get through the day, suppressing your full true self, for whatever reason. Your shadow is therefor all the stuff your suppressing and keeping hidden. Both obviously magnified in the persona would to dangerous levels. And you can only awaken your true self (called Personas for the sake of gameplay and familiarity).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It doesnt take being gay/bi/ trans/ ect to understand how a game centered around that could get boring and repetitive. Especially if thats all the game would be about. Id rather personas story be about teens killing god and even that isnt the main point of persona games

Sincerely, a bi chick
I can see that argument. So I elaborated on my original idea a little more in a slightly earlier post The idea is more complex than just that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man from feeling like crap to feeling unusually restless that only playing an early gen game for some reason is curing. One of those days.

Oh man, looks like I missed a fun conversation..

EDIT: never mind, it’s still going.
What is your pfp? I don't know what I am looking at.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ok. A: the protagonist would be a reflection of the player, and their for their orientation would be customizable and therefor could not be a part of the narrative, it would be more about your party members. B: there are a kajillion different letters in that acronym to focus on with almost another kajillion potential narrative variations and character types within that acronym. C: The story is about finding yourself and standing up for yourself, and learning to unabashedly be who you are. And not every story for every party member will use the fact that they’re gay to explore it directly. For some of them, that’s just a part of who they are and their true selves are being suppressed by something other then being in the closet.

I have this whole idea to put a twist on the typical Persona formula where a “Persona” is the mask you put on to get through the day, suppressing your full true self, for whatever reason. Your shadow is therefor all the stuff your suppressing and keeping hidden. Both obviously magnified in the persona would to dangerous levels. And you can only awaken your true self (called Personas for the sake of gameplay and familiarity).
Persona 4 literaly had shadows of the Main charcters inner feelings. The big one being Kanji finally understanding its ok to like feminine and cute things and not be ashamed. but that was only one part of the game

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
C: The story is about finding yourself and standing up for yourself, and learning to unabashedly be who you are. And not every story for every party member will use the fact that they’re gay to explore it directly. For some of them, that’s just a part of who they are and their true selves are being suppressed by something other then being in the closet.
This is actually a good subject to build a narrative around but isn't it something you see in all Persona games (without queer themes, that is)?

This sounds like what already happens in all Persona games.

Not saying it's bad, I just didn't get what's the twist.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is actually a good subject to build a narrative around but isn't it something you see in all Persona games (without queer themes, that is)?

This sounds like what already happens in all Persona games.

Not saying it's bad, I just didn't get what's the twist.
I think that’s why I was drawn to adding a big heaping helping of queer sauce to the typical persona narrative pasta. I think it fits really well. And lgbtq themes and stories just don’t get explored enough in gaming.

The fact that a persona is already a separate entity in the meta world and is just as dangerous as a shadow. And the only way to awaken your true self is for the two to fuse.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think we might be pass this point, but I think the only thing worse than shoehorning a relationship between two people with no chemistry (regardless of LGBTQ+ representation or not) is trying to paint a relationship that’s terrible, problematic, toxic, abusive, etc. in a positive light within the context of the story. The first part annoys me from a standpoint of a writer but the second has the potential to hurt people in real life and I do not respect any writers who pull that ****.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I think we might be pass this point, but I think the only thing worse than shoehorning a relationship between two people with no chemistry
you mean like what twitter is doing to Flick and Chip from new horizons? They were confimed to be legit business partners and room mates and twitters like "How can you be roomates and NOT gay?" Like roomates is foreign to them

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
...Speaking of Persona, I finally picked up P4G.

I'm getting close to finishing Royal so I might start it up shortly after.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
you mean like what twitter is doing to Flick and Chip from new horizons? They were confimed to be legit business partners and room mates and twitters like "How can you be roomates and NOT gay?" Like roomates is foreign to them
Honestly. Not everything needs to be gay
Gay characters are perfectly fine but not when it's forced. Or when "gay" is their entire personality.
Just gets on my nerves.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The fact that a persona is already a separate entity in the meta world and is just as dangerous as a shadow. And the only way to awaken your true self is for the two to fuse.
Got it. There are actually more than a few characters with unstable and dangerous Personas, but I don't recall any of them separating from its owner. That might be an interesting take on what P4 did.

Though... if characters lost both parts of their psyches, they won't have a consciousness to face themselves. I guess in that case protag would try and make Shadow and Persona accept each other.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well I meant within the actual media, but I guess I counts too? Those guys probably ship characters who’s screen time consists of just standing three feet apart of each other.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rivers in the Desert is still one of, if not, the best song in all of Persona 5
I was about to question the logic of a spinoff of something that is already a spinoff, then I realized that is what the dancing game and P5S are, then I realized even further that considering how Atlus handles each new cast of Persona characters, there would be spinoff games of your cast, meaning those are spinoffs of a spinoff of a spinoff of SMT.
at this point SMT isn’t even a real thing. There is only Persona 3-5...soon to be more...never to be less

smh too many anime gun users
Fox is actually ****ing dead now...thanks Joker
It has its downs
most of Book 2
It must be the work of Thanos who's mucking around with the Time Stone...
Thanos is dead, so it must’ve been Cap
Here’s the full picture:
View attachment 269707
Hipster Sonic
Hipster
Hipster Sonic

and also

Hip...ster Blaze
Hip...ster Blaze

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I care more about how well written and compelling characters are rather than their sexual orientation. The only time you'd ever see me make a fuss about it is if they tried to shove it down my throat.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I should probably decide soon and begin early on adding LGBTQ+ representation to any of my characters so I can work it naturally into the writing and what kind of impact it has on them and the overall story. Though first I have to make sure I have a solid idea of who my characters are and where I want to take them/have them end up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
...Speaking of Persona, I finally picked up P4G.

I'm getting close to finishing Royal so I might start it up shortly after.
*kicks your door down*
Did I hear P4G?
Honestly, I don't really have a preference. They're both pretty good in my opinion.
I think the opening and advantage song of p5r are the only songs in the game I just dont like. Everything else is fine

Last edited:

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Bro Sonic music is insane random top 5
5 Knight of the wind idk whats going on here but it's dang edgey
4 Live and Learn I don't like this song as much as some people do it's really good but not insanely good
3 Fist bump I don't like the og song this much but the Nate wants to battle version is a bop
2 City escape This was my favorite song in general for a long time the the Sonic Generations remix is somehow even better than the Sonic adventure 2 one and playing the stage while listening to the song is even better.
1 Reach for the stars This song is amazing like it's Sonic being wholesome the og song is insane and the line "Im gonna reach for the stars! Although they look pretty far" is the single best line in a video game song.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know the guy who first said "that's a photoshopped Little Mac" is probably never going to live this down.

I think we might be pass this point, but I think the only thing worse than shoehorning a relationship between two people with no chemistry (regardless of LGBTQ+ representation or not) is trying to paint a relationship that’s terrible, problematic, toxic, abusive, etc. in a positive light within the context of the story. The first part annoys me from a standpoint of a writer but the second has the potential to hurt people in real life and I do not respect any writers who pull that ****.
You are describing the Star wars sequel trilogy and reylo.

Last edited:

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
The raylo kiss wasn't romantic it was Ben Solo giving his ray his life energy and it's much more complex than them liking each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom