• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I’ve been working on writing my series that happens to have a black female protagonist and I’m reading all the posts here like...
View attachment 269719

Heh...yeah...
As long as your not like LOOK AT ME MY BOOK STARS AN BLACK PROTAGONIST LOOOOOK HOW SHE DOES THINGS THAT WHITE GIRLS CAN DO and being black isn't her defining character trait your guchi.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A character's sexuality is the least of my concerns when you're trying to write an entertaining and fascinating character. I get why many others might be drawn into a new work of fiction based on that, but it just isn't a factor for me. There are so many other factors of characterization that I care much more about, plus their role in the work's storyline. Whether they're straight, gay, or whether or not they end up being an item with another character at all, I take an entirely neutral stance on that. I'll like it if I think the character is ultimately just well-written, and I'll like the romance if I think it makes sense, and also, again, if it's simply, well-written. That's all that matters to me.

And as for shipping in fanbases, in general...To be blunt, I hate shipping, now. You can blame the final season of Star vs. the Forces of Evil for that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As long as your not like LOOK AT ME MY BOOK STARS AN BLACK PROTAGONIST LOOOOOK HOW SHE DOES THINGS THAT WHITE GIRLS CAN DO and being black isn't her defining character trait your guchi.
Even I know how dated that kind of story is.

Also her defining trait is her obsession with dogs.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even I know how dated that kind of story is.

Also her defining trait is her obsession with dogs.
everyone that is living is obsessed with dogs tho...even the ones who claim they don’t

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
everyone that is living is obsessed with dogs tho...even the ones who claim they don’t
I mean i tell my dog to die in a hole and walking around stroking my cat talking about how delicate her flesh is. I even have a kitten rap let me pull it off Reddit real quick.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
OK. I admit it's a bit of an exageration what I said. As long as you understand you're not writing for a woman, you're writing for a person, then you're good.
Whenever creating a character, it's usually easier for me to think about their purpose in the story and their personality before deciding those types of traits. It feels like I can create a character that fits in more seamlessly if I think about what role they play instead of what they represent.

Speaking of characters, this is a bit off topic, but my pal drew one of mine and I absolutely adore it. Their art skill will never cease to amaze me.
1587407849398.png

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna take my cat take her down the road shes gonna meow till she cant no more or I want be the youngest cat that there ever was to snuggle her is my real test to hug her is my cause KITTENMON oh the flesh in a word she must defend or The cat cant do this alone even tho her flesh is strong she need something more than flesh something to push her to victory or Kitten flesh kitten flesh kitten all the way o what fun it is to stroke her delicate fur hey. Are my kittie themed covers
" Yo yo the kitties are fleshy yo momma wanti the kitties but i say nah nah yo momma with stiff flesh can't hold a candle to the flesh ohhhhh the flesh is squishy you wishiy that had a kittie but don't you won't as long as that flesh is stiff like that" is the free style rap

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
thinking Levi.png
Does being both a kitsune & a tanuki count as diversity?

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna take my cat take her down the road shes gonna meow till she cant no more or I want be the youngest cat that there ever was to snuggle her is my real test to hug her is my cause KITTENMON oh the flesh in a word she must defend or The cat cant do this alone even tho her flesh is strong she need something more than flesh something to push her to victory or Kitten flesh kitten flesh kitten all the way o what fun it is to stroke her delicate fur hey. Are my kittie themed covers
" Yo yo the kitties are fleshy yo momma wanti the kitties but i say nah nah yo momma with stiff flesh can't hold a candle to the flesh ohhhhh the flesh is squishy you wishiy that had a kittie but don't you won't as long as that flesh is stiff like that" is the free style rap
Hit me up for full version 5 bucks a pop

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Maybe if they had some of the diverse people in the writers room with them. You can't trust a white man to write anyone well except a white man.
As a white man who was raised on Latin American culture and likes some of them Asian cultures since childhood I feel mildly insulted over this comment.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Everyone loves dogs and especially puppies.

Any show can get some much-needed extra wholesomeness from having a cute doggo.

Unless you go for the route that Fairly Odd Parents did.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing overwatch as hanzo
>unleashes the dragon
>sigma eats it
>mccree stuns me
>roadhog hooks me
>sigma stuns me
>lucio bops me
>I throw myself off the nearby cliff into the ocean

I don't want to play this anymore. Someone give me $60 so I can buy Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>unleashes the dragon
>sigma eats it
>mccree stuns me
>roadhog hooks me
>sigma stuns me
>lucio bops me

I don't want to play this anymore. Someone give me $60 so I can buy Animal Crossing.
Now that's what I call a certified Gamer Moment.

Rizen

Smash Legend
And as for shipping in fanbases, in general...To be blunt, I hate shipping, now. You can blame the final season of Star vs. the Forces of Evil for that.
I never really cared for shipping.

Has anyone seen the show 30 Rock? I just started watching but it's funny so far. I like it a lot more than Veep, that's for sure.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Be me playing Civ VI on Prince mode for fun.

-True Start Europe Map ("Gonna conquer all of Europe!") Domination Victory only
-Plays as France
-All most Western Civs of the continent.
-Captures a Dutch city, all goes well.
-Next turn Vesuvius erupted destroying a good part of my city tiles
-2 turns later, major drought hits Paris.
-Emergency is called, France has captured Rotterdam, we must repel this menace.
-All 7 other Civs declare war on me.

Me who has almost no military left:
1587409583113.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
>unleashes the dragon
>sigma eats it
>mccree stuns me
>roadhog hooks me
>sigma stuns me
>lucio bops me

You played Hanzo so...

Don't hurt me I'm not that good at OW I just keep dying to Hanzo as Lucio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom