• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to feel welcome in a public Battle Arena. I’ll join and get made fun of for playing random, then when I get a character like Wario or Ness, they’ll get mad at me and immediately assume I’ll spam before the match even starts. They’ll talk **** about me when I’m obviously in the voice chat, and call me names like snowb**ch. Either that or I’ll just get kicked to make room for someone else before they even ask me to leave the arena. It’s so annoying. Why are people like this?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I need help. I've been having issues playing Ultimate battle arenas online all day and I'm not sure what else to do for troubleshooting. I've tried rebooting my switch, checking for corrupt data in ultimate, allowing my friend to host instead of myself, etc.

However, no matter what I do, a minute after we start each match, a connection error ALWAYS happens. And, I didn't have this issue until today. Not sure if it has anything to do with getting the Switch 10.0 system update this morning, but I'm at my wit's end and I'm not sure what else to do in order to make this technology work. Anyone have any troubleshooting advice?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*Pretends to be shocked:

This kinda of backs up the Mario remasters too as 3D world has been expected for awhile but hasn’t shown up. But now it’s showing up when a stronger sourced rumor was backing it, so it may work as evidence to support that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If anyone wants to get Cuphead on the Switch, now’s a good time. It‘s 25% off. On top of that, Studio MDHR is doing a giveaway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I need help. I've been having issues playing Ultimate battle arenas online all day and I'm not sure what else to do for troubleshooting. I've tried rebooting my switch, checking for corrupt data in ultimate, allowing my friend to host instead of myself, etc.

However, no matter what I do, a minute after we start each match, a connection error ALWAYS happens. And, I didn't have this issue until today. Not sure if it has anything to do with getting the Switch 10.0 system update this morning, but I'm at my wit's end and I'm not sure what else to do in order to make this technology work. Anyone have any troubleshooting advice?
Might be just a typical WiFi problem. How’s your service on other devices been?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Might be just a typical WiFi problem. How’s your service on other devices been?
No issues with my phone, very few issues with my laptop.

And the thing is, my Switch can connect to the internet fine, and I can set up arenas fine. But a minute into the match... it always disconnects. Been happening all day, and I've NEVER had this problem before.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No issues with my phone, very few issues with my laptop.

And the thing is, my Switch can connect to the internet fine, and I can set up arenas fine. But a minute into the match... it always disconnects. Been happening all day, and I've NEVER had this problem before.
Hm I haven’t heard of it acting like that. You might be have to contact support for that then. It doesn’t sound like it’s a normal switch problem. Maybe it’s an issue with your copy but I can’t see that being a problem but maybe

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
*Pretends to be shocked:

This kinda of backs up the Mario remasters too as 3D world has been expected for awhile but hasn’t shown up. But now it’s showing up when a stronger sourced rumor was backing it, so it may work as evidence to support that.
Um, what did those rumors say? Did they say anything about Smash DLC characters as well?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hm I haven’t heard of it acting like that. You might be have to contact support for that then. It doesn’t sound like it’s a normal switch problem. Maybe it’s an issue with your copy but I can’t see that being a problem but maybe
I pray that it's not the case. I checked for "corrupt data" and there was none found on the system. It's gotta be with the 10.0 system update or something, because I had no issues with connection until today, and earlier today I updated to the 10.0 patch for the system.

This can't happen. I'll NEVER improve in this game if I'm not even allowed to play.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So good news for me in Ontario. Its said the COVID-19 here has reached its peak but never the less can't let our guard down so were still taking things as it is just to be sure

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Um, what did those rumors say? Did they say anything about Smash DLC characters as well?
#MarioRPGRemake. #GenoISRelevant #GenoForSmash

I know that Nintendo would probably insist on a remake having the exact same gameplay as the original, but I would love it to be done in the vein of the FFVII Remake. Full 3D world, action-RPG gameplay, live character switching, etc.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
*Pretends to be shocked:

Still waiting on Prime Trilogy since they've also listed that game a few times in the past only for it to amount to nothing.

I'll believe it when I see it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Iirc, isn't Mario RPG the one game that isn't coming to the Switch if the rumors are true? I think Square still owns the rights, so it might be a hassle.
The rumours are about the 3D Mario platformers and a new Paper Mario. Nothing about any other Mario RPGs.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m confused, I’m trying to complete WoL before starting New Game + but it says I’m at 99.83% and I apparently haven’t unlocked all the facilities or won all the battles, and yes I fought Galeem and Dharkon separately as well as together the first time. I’ve been looking all over the maps and I can’t see any spirits I missed and I have all the sub worlds starred.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
#MarioRPGRemake. #GenoISRelevant #GenoForSmash

I know that Nintendo would probably insist on a remake having the exact same gameplay as the original, but I would love it to be done in the vein of the FFVII Remake. Full 3D world, action-RPG gameplay, live character switching, etc.
This sounds incredible, but it's Nintendo so it won't happen.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m confused, I’m trying to complete WoL before starting New Game + but it says I’m at 99.83% and I apparently haven’t unlocked all the facilities or won all the battles, and yes I fought Galeem and Dharkon separately as well as together the first time. I’ve been looking all over the maps and I can’t see any spirits I missed and I have all the sub worlds starred.
Found it.
it was Gravity Man’s dojo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still waiting on Prime Trilogy since they've also listed that game a few times in the past only for it to amount to nothing.

I'll believe it when I see it.
I still believe that it was 100 percent real but they are just holding onto it till it’s closer to Prime 4’s release so they can hype people and remind them of the story for it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
woof
OK. Decided to binge watch some VeggieTales and relive a bit of my childhood during this pandemic, and.... I just can't believe that the person who wrote this
Also said this stuff
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/08...-television-shows-including-lgbtq-characters/
...the bunny did it
I mean i tell my dog to die in a hole and walking around stroking my cat talking about how delicate her flesh is. I even have a kitten rap let me pull it off Reddit real quick.
I treat my dogs and cat equally...they get equal love and equal disses
do you get anything for hitting 5 stars?

well, I didnt say Id dieView attachment 269727
I’ll save it for 2023 then. Better stay alive until then
*Pretends to be shocked:

finally...some epic Peach gameplay in a main game again...via port
View attachment 269767
Pour one out for 3D Land: The only one not making the jump.
...I want Uprising on the Switch

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that Nintendo said that the 3DS wasn't getting replaced by the Switch anytime soon, and then shortly after, Pokemon announced that they've jumped the 3DS ship.

Too bad Alphadream didn't get the memo.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Wademan94 Wademan94 You cannot escape the Yosh

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Did Super Mario Maker 2 sell worse than the prequel or something? Nintendo went all out on SMM1 since its launch and barely had breaks while the sequel Nintendo was like "Oh, yeah, we make a Mario Maker 2... We should add something."

And that only Super Mario 3D World was the only style in the "Extra StyleS" section makes no sense whatsoever.

Did something happen in the background?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Wademan94 Wademan94 You cannot escape the Yosh

I thought adding the Koopalings would be too much effort. Seven unique bosses that need to be put into four styles? Never happening.

Very glad to be wrong. If only they had the Ice Flower and the Blue Shell, it'd be perfect. Alas, I must live with a mere 99.75/100 from Mario Maker 2.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Did Super Mario Maker 2 sell worse than the prequel or something? Nintendo went all out on SMM1 since its launch and barely had breaks while the sequel Nintendo was like "Oh, yeah, we make a Mario Maker 2... We should add something."

And that only Super Mario 3D World was the only style in the "Extra StyleS" section makes no sense whatsoever.

4-player co-op means they had to kill Costume Mario to prevent confusion. No costumes means no more official levels starring new costumes.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The Koopalings alone make me happy. The fact you can have all seven at once in the Bros. U style is also gonna be ****ing chaos. Bullet Hell Mario, anyone?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

To be fair, the two updates Mario Maker 2 got were way bigger than any individual Mario Maker 1 got. This new one might be bigger than all of them combined.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, it's almost certain that the SMB2 Mush is their way of saying "No, SMB2 isn't gonna be a Style but here's some compensation for it." Though unless there's DLC with this being the "Final Update" it makes one think if the "Extra Game Styles" really was a mistake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom