• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
People are pointing out that a few details were hidden in the trailer, like On/Off Blocks in 3D World not being mentioned.

Yet during the Mushroom House segment, they show the power-ups Mario can get and the flower is blue. Even in tbe orginal Mario Bros and 3, the Fire Flower was like a blinking white and red, never blue.

So we may have the Ice Flower and other things they didn't bring up in the video in this new update.

Edit: Well the Fire Flower was actually blue on the roulette wheel but I still wanna have hope
Imagine. After the patch releases, they say "oh, we forgot to mention the new Super Paper Mario theme!". It'd be so hype!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, I have a question.

One of the biggest controversies and issues people take with the new GG is the UI. It's bland yet large, distracting, and overall unintuitive.

So I ask, what do you guys think makes good UI? It being interesting and memorable, or it being smooth and seemless enough that you don't even notice it?
A UI needs to be readable more than anything imo, GGStrive fails this by moving your portrait with your health, so that your Risk Gauge and Burst gauge become harder to read than they have to be despite the simpler aesthetics. That being said, some of the most famous UIs in recent memory manage to combine simplicity with visibility, Xrd did this because BURST was flashly looking and more readable due to not constantly moving midmatch

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
dogs sure love to be extremely loud when it comes to cleaning themselves...makes it kinda hard to relax

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Imagine. After the patch releases, they say "oh, we forgot to mention the new Super Paper Mario theme!". It'd be so hype!
That'd be amazing, but I can't imagine the bosses with no Pixls or Bowser. Especially if they add the RPG mechanic so that it takes multiple hits to whittle down health bars? They'd have to somehow find a balance there. But yeah, it would be neat. At the moment, however, the only Style I can see even being added would be Super Mario Land, and that's a big if. We're likely to not even get the unique power-ups of that game.

What I'm most excited about are the Koopalings. They apparently all have new (maybe some have new moves) and different abilities so I'm interested to see what they are. We see Roy can apparently pull a Knuckles and dig under the ground and pop up in other parts of the ground ans Morton can Ground Pound into a tremor that stuns plus shoots two fireballs/magic blasts when he does so that travel and ricochet from what I see (the stun plus the lateral magic blasts alone is sure to catch quite a lot of deaths). Ludwig looks to retain his Flutter Jump and casting the most projectiles of his siblings, and Lemmy and Wendy were already unique. So basically I wanna see what Iggy and Larry's special abilities are and how they differ. It looks like Iggy is the fastest and able to cast multiple times in quick succession and will run after you, but I'm unsure if being slightly fast is enough to warrant being a unique ability.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anywho, before the twentieth ends in my time zone, I wanted to do one last thing to celebrate Fire Emblem's 30th anniversary.

So I'll give a shout out to my top twelve favorite Fire Emblem characters.

1. Chrom
2. Merric
3. Edelgard
4. Virion
5. Celica
6. Marth
7. Caeda
8. Silque
9. Ferdinand von Aegir
10. Tiki
11. Tobin
12. Dorothea
Tobin is a pretty neat choice, usually goes under looked by Gray.

Also what do you think of the new heroes Lars since you like those characters.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just woke up at 2 in the morning to boot up Overwatch, pick Genji, and help my brother Hanzo t bag a health pack.

This makes me uncomfortably happy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh hey guys, how it's going? Just wake up on my side-
Just when I thought I stopped caring, they bring me back in
FOR THOUSAND OF YEARS, I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS AWAKEN ME???! SMM2 UPDATE?!?! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, THAT'S THE GOOOOOD ****!!!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, Link Evolution doesn't even give Vrains the time of day with story cutscenes, just the fights. Story must've been so ass they didn't wanna bother.

or maybe making an update with a new story mode is too hard for konami's budget of 2 dollars with this game

Shroob

Sup?
Looking at New Horizons and...

Hot take but, I'm one of those people who gladly time traveled and felt no remorse for it, simply because I loved how the world felt on certain holidays like Halloween, Turkey Day and Christmas, and kinda enjoyed just leaving my town in New Leaf on those days for as long as I could because I loved the atmosphere, music and ****.

Hearing Nintendo killed that in New Horizons got me like "Ehhhh...." I don't really like the furniture sets, but not having the Halloween music with the autumn setting just ain't the same.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Looking at New Horizons and...

Hot take but, I'm one of those people who gladly time traveled and felt no remorse for it, simply because I loved how the world felt on certain holidays like Halloween, Turkey Day and Christmas, and kinda enjoyed just leaving my town in New Leaf on those days for as long as I could because I loved the atmosphere, music and ****.

Hearing Nintendo killed that in New Horizons got me like "Ehhhh...." I don't really like the furniture sets, but not having the Halloween music with the autumn setting just ain't the same.
I only really time traveled to holidays for Bell-making profit. Furniture sets used to get you into the last debt milestone within the first two days of doing the event, at least in City Folk. I only didn't do City Folk persistently because destroying the grass was such an ugly thing to me that it made me feel like I was doing my best to take care of the town, but in the end it's jack **** that I couldn't stop.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Piper, Flurry, and Pietro did my birthday celebration on New Horizons. Throw in Coco at #1 and that's my Top 4 Villagers, so good job this year RNGesus.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Getting the birthday set is cool and all but I will literally never be able to complete it if another villager shares the same birthday as me. :drflip:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I've done proper research on my 3DS issues(which Nintendo's own website can't even answer...). My New 3DS XL broke. So I need to transfer its data to another one. I can't transfer it back to my old 3DS(had to find that information on Reddit) without calling their hotline to have it done manually. Which, well, is possibly not doable nor is it worth it. So, gotta buy another one. I don't think there's any benefit to a New 2DS XL, as I do have some 3D games. But I don't think any require 3D to work right? That's what matters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
you can still play 3D games in 2D im pretty sure
It's more if any require the 3D ability to be playable. I don't think that's the case, so it wouldn't matter.

...I don't know if I can transfer New 3DS XL memory to New 2DS XL though. That's the other thing to figure out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's more if any require the 3D ability to be playable. I don't think that's the case, so it wouldn't matter.
Eh, only instance where only having 2D was noticeable for me was Dark Moon where the bonus puzzle minigames were optical illusions that you could figure out by turning your 3D on.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, I've done proper research on my 3DS issues(which Nintendo's own website can't even answer...). My New 3DS XL broke. So I need to transfer its data to another one. I can't transfer it back to my old 3DS(had to find that information on Reddit) without calling their hotline to have it done manually. Which, well, is possibly not doable nor is it worth it. So, gotta buy another one. I don't think there's any benefit to a New 2DS XL, as I do have some 3D games. But I don't think any require 3D to work right? That's what matters.
My 3DS broke a while ago and Nintendo won’t fix it because it’s an original model and they’ve stopped repairing them. So I’d have to buy a brand new one. But I just.... can’t justify the price. I have a handful of games for the thing that I absolutely love, but I have no interest in buying a $100* item to keep playing them. If pre owned 3DSs were like, $60 then maybe but.... it’s not worth $100.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My 3DS broke a while ago and Nintendo won’t fix it because it’s an original model and they’ve stopped repairing them. So I’d have to buy a brand new one. But I just.... can’t justify the price. I have a handful of games for the thing that I absolutely love, but I have no interest in buying a $100* item to keep playing them. If pre owned 3DSs were like, $60 then maybe but.... it’s not worth $100.
...Honestly, 200 is my limit for a new copy. 100 is... kind of fair for how powerful the system is. It's not a weaksauce VCR. It still does a lot. You're rarely going to find it under 100 used or otherwise, and reading up on the 75 dollar "new" model(not to be confused with New Nintendo 3DS, but used vs new vs refurbished), it breaks down easily.

Just go for 150 or lower(if it's lower than 100, you're probably getting a bad model) if you want a legitimately good used/refurbished version. That's the best price you can get, without it breaking easily.

Eh, only instance where only having 2D was noticeable for me was Dark Moon where the bonus puzzle minigames were optical illusions that you could figure out by turning your 3D on.
...One of the games I have. Well, I think it's better I stick with the 3DS version, then. I want all the options. The prices aren't much different either way.

I'm more worried about the transferring issues, but you already gave me a good solution~ Thank you.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Platinumed the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Had a lot of fun playing it. Interesting to see how future parts will go.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
FighterZ team is staying as Cooler, Krillin, Yamcha.

SSGSS Goku is also pretty cool, I like him better than other Gokus, maybe cause his command grabs kwazy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Two days to see if Kombat Pack 2 gets potentially announced.

Why two days? Because it'll be one year since Mortal Kombat 11 released.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Two days to see if Kombat Pack 2 gets potentially announced.

Why two days? Because it'll be one year since Mortal Kombat 11 released.
Perfect time for an announcement. Especially if they want to do 3 seasons total. Or even 2.

We need a new Killer Instinct on Series X. And the 2013 title should be ported to Switch.
It should be, yes. ...Sadly I have a feeling Microsoft wants to keep that for themselves, as it's a pretty big series for them. It's weird that Killer Instinct 1 and 2 are not on Rare Replay either, which suggests they're putting more stock into it than some other series.

I also want Rare Replay on Switch too(I'm aware Phil already talked about that other games are unlikely to be ported over, since that's not something they planned, but one can want something even if it won't happen, heh).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Perfect time for an announcement. Especially if they want to do 3 seasons total. Or even 2.

It should be, yes. ...Sadly I have a feeling Microsoft wants to keep that for themselves, as it's a pretty big series for them. It's weird that Killer Instinct 1 and 2 are not on Rare Replay either, which suggests they're putting more stock into it than some other series.

I also want Rare Replay on Switch too(I'm aware Phil already talked about that other games are unlikely to be ported over, since that's not something they planned, but one can want something even if it won't happen, heh).
They're not on Rare Replay because they come with the first two seasons of KI if you bought the full edition.

Honestly, I don't want Microsoft to port EVERYTHING over. Certainly not anything new they're developing. Just their old games that have done their job selling systems in the past. Like Rare Replay, the Master Chief Collection, and KI'13. They would kind of function as demos for their franchises, especially in Japan. Try out a few of our games on a system you already have, then come over to ours if you're interested for all our big new sequels.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We should be getting an Kombat Pack 3 anyways. Datamining from last year that leaked Ash Williams, Fujin, Joker, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Spawn and Terminator that counting them there's a total of 19 DLC characters (Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom