• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We should be getting an Kombat Pack 3 anyways. Datamining from last year that leaked Ash Williams, Fujin, Joker, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Spawn and Terminator that counting them there's a total of 19 DLC characters (Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung included).
Whatever happened to the leak mentioning the Creeper? Whichever one of the three it could possibly be.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They're not on Rare Replay because they come with the first two seasons of KI if you bought the full edition.

Honestly, I don't want Microsoft to port EVERYTHING over. Certainly not anything new they're developing. Just their old games that have done their job selling systems in the past. Like Rare Replay, the Master Chief Collection, and KI'13. They would kind of function as demos for their franchises, especially in Japan. Try out a few of our games on a system you already have, then come over to ours if you're interested for all our big new sequels.
I kind of get where Phil is coming from too. They need to have exclusives. Demos don't help that much, cause people might not even bother with a new system. It could go either way on those.

The more ports, the more that people will just play those even if they're not the full game. Cause they're spending a ton of money on a new system. Demos are free and ports are cheaper. Business-wise, exclusives are a must to keep in the game. I don't think it's a new or old thing in that regard.

Not saying your idea is bad at all. I'd love it too. But I doubt it unfortunately.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whatever happened to the leak mentioning the Creeper? Whichever one of the three it could possibly be.
Its likely fake because Stryker and Takeda have good chances to being DLC with their names being found in coding for the game. Plus why would they use another character already that uses chains (Lady Pinhead) since we already have Spawn or have two pink-clad female ninjas (Mileena and Tasia)?

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
FighterZ team is staying as Cooler, Krillin, Yamcha.

SSGSS Goku is also pretty cool, I like him better than other Gokus, maybe cause his command grabs kwazy.
My team is Cell, Goku Black and Frieza. I do dabble with many other characters like the two Broly's, Blue Goku, Cooler, Gogeta, Zamasu, Hit, Blue Vegeta, Beerus & Jiren.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There’s been some more new sets of merch for the Pokémon anime. This time focused on Tyranitar.

If Ash gets Tyranitar that be amazing. Especially if it wound up being the Larvitar he took care of.

And it be a great counter to Raihan’s duraladon if he became a rival to Ash because they both are aiming to take down Leon

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I kind of get where Phil is coming from too. They need to have exclusives. Demos don't help that much, cause people might not even bother with a new system. It could go either way on those.

The more ports, the more that people will just play those even if they're not the full game. Cause they're spending a ton of money on a new system. Demos are free and ports are cheaper. Business-wise, exclusives are a must to keep in the game. I don't think it's a new or old thing in that regard.

Not saying your idea is bad at all. I'd love it too. But I doubt it unfortunately.
I'd agree with you if not for Ori. Unlike Cuphead and Lucky, that's an IP they own, even if it was made by an indie studio. I feel like that has to mean something. Even if I'm not sure what.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd agree with you if not for Ori. Unlike Cuphead and Lucky, that's an IP they own, even if it was made by an indie studio. I feel like that has to mean something. Even if I'm not sure what.
I think that's part of why. Ori was an Indie game first, just like Minecraft and Cuphead. Cuphead they don't own, to clarify. Just some publishing rights, which is a different thing.

Exactly what is the Ori situation? Did it have games outside of Microsoft systems, or just PC first? Which would make it similar to Cuphead(minus who owns it overall). Cause I don't understand what you mean by bringing up Ori as I don't know the situation.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think that's part of why. The indie situation makes it so it's not really their IP entirely from the start(but moreso that it was on other systems, was it not?? Cause Halo has never been on another console in itself, which is a major difference from stuff like Minecraft and Cuphead, who weren't tied to Microsoft systems by default. Also, Cuphead they only have a publishing agreement with. They don't own the IP itself). Also, Minecraft is like Ori too. They didn't start off with MS in general, but are an Indie studio from what I'm understanding here?

It seems they're just doing that mainly for Indie first games, which would make sense. That said, it might not really be consistent and just a pure coincidence what they allow on other systems instead.
I have no idea how they came to own Ori. And the only systems it's on are PC, Xbox, and Switch. All I know is that when you check the copyrights in the game itself, even on Switch, it tributes sole ownership of the copyright and software to Microsoft. Which differentiates it from Cuphead (who they just had timed exclusivity of) and Minecraft (which is still copyrighted to Mojang, which is a Microsoft subsidiary). I'm not certain that we will get any of their bigger properties on Switch, but I think it is pretty likely, especially as it would increase their prominence in Japan.

I actually think Microsoft should treat the Switch like Nintendo used to treat the 3DS and such. Ports of older games and smaller original titles (compared to the consoles).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have no idea how they came to own Ori. And the only systems it's on are PC, Xbox, and Switch. All I know is that when you check the copyrights in the game itself, even on Switch, it tributes sole ownership of the copyright and software to Microsoft. Which differentiates it from Cuphead (who they just had timed exclusivity of) and Minecraft (which is still copyrighted to Mojang, which is a Microsoft subsidiary). I'm not certain that we will get any of their bigger properties on Switch, but I think it is pretty likely, especially as it would increase their prominence in Japan.

I actually think Microsoft should treat the Switch like Nintendo used to treat the 3DS and such. Ports of older games and smaller original titles (compared to the consoles).
You missed my edit, but yeah, my question is where it came from first. Ori was owned by Microsoft and they had an Indie studio make it, or? Until we know that detail, it's not exactly clear what they would do. Lacking of details. I can't make a prediction with vague info, basically.

Especially since the only thing similar, as I noted, is that the ones coming to other systems were all Indie developed games. That might be why they're not exclusive. Or it's just a coincidence.

That said, I really don't know what points to make in my favor, since the details aren't available to make it clear what conclusion I could come to. I could see them porting over games they own, but I doubt it outside of Indie at this time. It also relates to what Phil said, where he seems to really not be interested in porting other games over in general.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i dont like how we can get a look up on the paintings

you tellin me we gotta find actual ways to tell if it's a fake? i gotta find a goddamn artist signature?
there was always actual way to find they are fake, you just couldnt zoom in before. Like the one of mount fuji, I think either Fuji was shifted or the wave was smaller

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You missed my edit, but yeah, my question is where it came from first. Ori was owned by Microsoft and they had an Indie studio make it, or? Until we know that detail, it's not exactly clear what they would do. Lacking of details. I can't make a prediction with vague info, basically.

Especially since the only thing similar, as I noted, is that the ones coming to other systems were all Indie developed games. That might be why they're not exclusive. Or it's just a coincidence.

That said, I really don't know what points to make in my favor, since the details aren't available to make it clear what conclusion I could come to. I could see them porting over games they own, but I doubt it outside of Indie at this time. It also relates to what Phil said, where he seems to really not be interested in porting other games over in general.
All I'll say about that is that Phill isn't being very smart from a business perspective if that's his choice.

And this is what I've been able to find about Ori and MS
Ori and the Blind Forest was developed by Moon Studios, a worldwide collaboration of designers and programmers who have been working on the game four years before it was released, with Microsoft acquiring the game about a year after development started.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All I'll say about that is that Phill isn't being very smart from a business perspective if that's his choice.

And this is what I've been able to find about Ori and MS
Not disagreeing. I think porting stuff like KI is good. Halo I can understand keeping exclusive. It was never on another system. Making KI PC/Nintendo/Microsoft only isn't a bad idea, imo. Though by that point, there's little justification to not allow PS ports, I guess?

And interesting. So yeah, it was technically a MS exclusive at that point. Maybe it's some Indie studio thing, but it's not related to some exclusivity factor(as in, them being on a previous system doesn't seem to matter at all). Can't really tell what the reasons are for at this point. It'd be neat if he explained his reasonings, though~

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
New announcement that's interesting
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Love how Daffy's his old self, the gag with Porky was godlike.

New announcement that's concerning

Those cartoons look SOOOOOOOOO good! I am definitely getting HBO Max.

One Punch Man Movie? Interesting. I'll probably check it out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
everyone is gonna have to watch the Elmo not so late night show

it shall be our new religion, replacing Waluigi in the process

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just found out that the Animal crossing amino cards can actually be used for new horizons, guess I'm glad I never got rid of these cards, i can actually use my stack of them in something now. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New announcement that's interesting
Love how Daffy's his old self, the gag with Porky was godlike.

Doesn’t look too bad but nothing will top The Loony Tunes Show. A shame it ended so early

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Doesn’t look too bad but nothing will top The Loony Tunes Show. A shame it ended so early
I ****ing love the Looney tunes show, that's my favorite version of these characters. I still quote some of the episodes to this day.

My team is Cell, Goku Black and Frieza. I do dabble with many other characters like the two Broly's, Blue Goku, Cooler, Gogeta, Zamasu, Hit, Blue Vegeta, Beerus & Jiren.
My fighter Z team is Goku Black, Bardock and Android 21.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

On one hand, if Dragon Ball Evolution (and what little I've seen of the Death Note Netflix movie) is any indication, this is going to be absolutely terrible.

On the other hand, it's not like One Punch Man has a particularly deep story, and if they could translate Murata's art into live action, that would be a visual treat if nothing else.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** Animal Crossing has decimated everything!

Tom Nook in Smash when?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Thought you might find this interesting. Funko ****ed up and accidentally leaked details for the new FNAF game.
1587496884909.png

We knew about Glamrock Freddy and Montgomery from the teasers posted on Scottgames, but we didn't know about Glamrock Chica or Roxanne. We've only seen their silhouettes, not their names. Vannie was also teased to return as an antagonist, and it seems that she is. The title of the game was also leaked too, or it could be an abbreviation. Likely the latter, but it's cool nonetheless.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Thought you might find this interesting. Funko ****ed up and accidentally leaked details for the new FNAF game.
View attachment 269812
We knew about Glamrock Freddy and Montgomery from the teasers posted on Scottgames, but we didn't know about Glamrock Chica or Roxanne. We've only seen their silhouettes, not their names. Vannie was also teased to return as an antagonist, and it seems that she is. The title of the game was also leaked too, or it could be an abbreviation. Likely the latter, but it's cool nonetheless.
I love it when Scott creates brand new animatronics. I was honestly disappointed when the sequels rolled around with their endless duplicates of the core 4.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I just got around to seeing the new Twilight Wings episode. I’m always a sucker for underwater scenes in animation but HOLY COW was the animation in this episode breathtaking! And Nessa’s stunning as always, these two dorks are precious.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Played more Okami. Gotten pass the ruins and defeated the Spider Queen boss. Loving every moment of this game especially its artstyle, creativity and how it plays.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok, so Ash's team is ridiculous this gen. Gengar, Dragonite, Lucario, and maybe Rillaboom and Tyranitar. There's one exception to this - :122:. It's wildly out of place: it doesn't evolve, and it's not too strong. Correction: It doesn't evolve yet. My theory is that t will eventually evolve into a brand new evolution, be it a Kantonian Mr. Rime or something else.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How many more Animal Crossing items are there to give him? They could give him Tanooki powers..... that's probably what they would have done in the Melee Era, but that's not really what Sakurai does now.
Give him a actual hammer as he does construction,

Let him store projectiles in bell bags that can then be thrown out at enemies or dropped on them for soil damage.

Down B he throws down a leaf that transforms into a random item from the game out of a select few. Give each different properties. Maybe even allow him to wield some as AC has swords and other items like wands.

For his recovery he can craft stairs or use the resetti rescue services.

You could even incorporate more crafting or the nook phone into his moveset too.

He’s got plenty of potential for a kit still. Final smash could be building residential services or the final shop upgrade.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I love it when Scott creates brand new animatronics. I was honestly disappointed when the sequels rolled around with their endless duplicates of the core 4.
I can see why that decision was made. It parallels different eras of other pizza chains like that, such as Chuck-E-Cheese. That doesn't mean I don't think that some of them were unneeded and that new characters are nice changes of pace, though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok, so Ash's team is ridiculous this gen. Gengar, Dragonite, Lucario, and maybe Rillaboom and Tyranitar. There's one exception to this - :122:. It's wildly out of place: it doesn't evolve, and it's not too strong. Correction: It doesn't evolve yet. My theory is that t will eventually evolve into a brand new evolution, be it a Kantonian Mr. Rime or something else.
According to a Coro coro( or one of the images used for publishing anime info) Mr. Mime was a one time thing or he could maybe swap it out. But it was not listed with his team of Pikachu Gengar and Dragonite, so it doesn’t count according to the writers.

There’s absolutely going to be a Mr Mime meets Mr Rime episode though

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I've literally been sleeping all day. My time of the month where I'm clingy as hell.
Also been having a run of bad luck here the past few days so I'm a little irritated.

Also to you guys it might not mean much but I found something interesting Nintendo wise if you are in corporate investment.

Reuters - Company eyes investment of 1.1 billion into Nintendo.
"Exclusive: ValueAct eyes Nintendo with stake of over $1.1 billion"

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
According to a Coro coro( or one of the images used for publishing anime info) Mr. Mime was a one time thing or he could maybe swap it out. But it was not listed with his team of Pikachu Gengar and Dragonite, so it doesn’t count according to the writers.

There’s absolutely going to be a Mr Mime meets Mr Rime episode though
1587498686231.png

there goes my hope for Kantonian Mr. Rime...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can see why that decision was made. It parallels different eras of other pizza chains like that, such as Chuck-E-Cheese. That doesn't mean I don't think that some of them were unneeded and that new characters are nice changes of pace, though.
I still think it wouldn't have hurt to have a few alternate characters.... like, Foxy! How about in each restaurant Pirates Cove is swapped for something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom