• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, it's almost certain that the SMB2 Mush is their way of saying "No, SMB2 isn't gonna be a Style but here's some compensation for it." Though unless there's DLC with this being the "Final Update" it makes one think if the "Extra Game Styles" really was a mistake.
Phanto being a part of this update as well makes me wonder if they canceled plans for an SMB2 style.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wish they had made more character skins like Link. It was really cool how they merged the two series' gameplay, and seeing it done with something like Kirby, Splatoon, or Megaman would've been cool.

Shroob

Sup?
The update is mighty neat. Wish they had brought a couple more enemies back to mess around with, but seeing Phanto in the modern era is cool as hell(Granted, seeing SMB2 referenced at all outside of Shy Guys, Pidgits and Birdo is cool to begin with).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I thought MN2 was a little disappointing at launch. It was a good game, just not enough of an improvement over the original.

But that Course World feature seems like such an awesome update. Building my own world is something I'll definitely dip my toes in and probably give up halfway through when I realize how difficult making a variety of difficult levels is.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It really sucks, that we couldn't at least get an SMB2 Style. The mushroom adds the mechanics of the game and we even got an enemy from it (hoping Shy Guys are in the next minor update), but it feels very bittersweet without that game's art style able to be shown. Hell, a SMB2 Style that just plays like SMB3 but you need the Mushroom for 2's mechanics would've been fine by me. Subcon is the Dream Land and it would fit SMM2's little night lullaby music well.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, April's nearing its end, and then May...

And finally, FINALLY in June, some good ****ing food.

Granted, that Animal Crossing datamine seemed hype as hell, wish I could get it lol.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not surprised that Super Mario Bros. 2 didn't get a style. That game is way too different from SMB1/SMB3/SMW as it's missing nearly all assets from said games.

Super Mario Land 1 & 2, and Super Paper Mario would've have made much more sense.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have SMM2 and I only played it for 10 hours.

Not sure if it's the right game for me, honestly. Though the Goomba mask would be good for a MGS-themed stage...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man, April's nearing its end, and then May...

And finally, FINALLY in June, some good ****ing food.

Granted, that Animal Crossing datamine seemed hype as hell, wish I could get it lol.
June. Digital E3. And the debut of Dr. Coyle.

Seriously, she brings the most to the table compared to every other Arms character. She’s the game’s main villain and she’s got way more unique gameplay attributes than anyone else in the roster. It’s got to be her.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The only reason I never bothered with Mario maker 2 is that there was no Megaman costume.

That's the only thing I ever used in the first game lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Can't wait for someone to make a Mega Man styled Boss Rush with the Koopalings + one extra.

Or go the MM1 route and they have to fight in a specific order with the final boss at the end.

Shroob

Sup?
June. Digital E3. And the debut of Dr. Coyle.

Seriously, she brings the most to the table compared to every other Arms character. She’s the game’s main villain and she’s got way more unique gameplay attributes than anyone else in the roster. It’s got to be her.
Putting a villain before a protagonist is an interesting thought.

I still dunno who it is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Putting a villain before a protagonist is an interesting thought.

I still dunno who it is.
Hey. The protagonist is already an assist trophy. Plus, it’s not like, a rule that protag-kun always has to come first. Usually it makes sense, but in the case of Arms, it doesn’t really matter that much.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Just when I thought I stopped caring, they bring me back in
There’s a lot of great elements here but how did it take so long? Most of these were big feedback requests from the first game. It’s also really late in the games cycle now but I hope it helps bring life back.

What was the point of extra styles being a thing though?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Even though they're all slated as "remasters", I still hope the 3D Mario remasters if/when they happen add some extra things. For 64 I hope they at least keep playable Luigi and Wario from DS. I can understand not adding Yoshi as he was the 100% reward in the OG and they want that nostalgic factor to be there.

For Sunshine, I'd like an actual proper Shadow Mario boss and maybe some more cutscenes or context regarding exactly how he spread entire lakes of goop around. Maybe we get like a flashback from Piantas who witnessed him doing things, becauae throughout Sunshine it's only ever scarcely implied he caused a ton of **** but we never see it happen, and when we actually face off with him he's practically a joke who flees the entire time. Shadow Mario is cool and he clearly has the ability to fly and teleport among other things, so just more of an expansion on that form would be cool.

For Galaxy... Oh boy. With the graphical updates maybe make it clearer that these are galaxies and planets and such. Take inspiration from Kirby's beautiful cosmic backdrops so that way we can actually believe we're traversing through a galaxy. Maybe if these are all tied together we can find a way to spice up BJ's boss fights via adding more projectiles to dodge in his airship fight via him spitting flames as well as pulling out the brush and flinging some graffiti at you. Maybe "Cosmic Mario" is shown to be a form BJ can become akin to Shadow Mario and that explains why losing to Cosmic Mario results in a death? Because Bowser Jr. is hindering your ability to progress and save the universe by nabbing a Power Star? Maybe more clarification on exactly who Rosalina is (this one is probably the most pipe dream-iest of all which is actually sad). Maybe since Captain Toad debuted here we could have like side-modes or missions involving a Galaxy-themed Captain Toad adventure.

As for 3D World... More clarification on why the Sprixie's are kidnapped instead of Peach or something because they're supposed to be relevant characters to the story but they don't even have dialogue to even give then character like the more forgettable 8-Bit character back in the day did. We don't even HAVE a story in thus game at all beyond "we gotta save them" when even the instruction booklets for the older games at least tried giving us a narrative. Beyond this, I half-expect Toadette to be shoehorned in somehow, even though chronologically she's helping Captain Toad during this game. Oh, yeah, they'll probably make her a selectable character for the Captain Toad stuff. As for the base game, If they did add a character, I could see Nabbit, Wario, Yoshi, or Daisy (most unlikely) being the sixth character.

And that's all I can think of rn

Shroob

Sup?
Hey. The protagonist is already an assist trophy. Plus, it’s not like, a rule that protag-kun always has to come first. Usually it makes sense, but in the case of Arms, it doesn’t really matter that much.
.....-kun?

Snake, I'm arresting you for crimes against humanity.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not surprised that Super Mario Bros. 2 didn't get a style. That game is way too different from SMB1/SMB3/SMW as it's missing nearly all assets from said games.

Super Mario Land 1 & 2, and Super Paper Mario would've have made much more sense.
Kind of fair but if you programmed the biggest changed in Mario 2 which was gameplay, you might as well go the rest of the way

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhhh got a streamer in denial i told him diing up out of Pk fire was not a good idea and he said i was wrong...... 7 Pk fire to Pk thunder 2s later im still wrong....... At least i got like 10 clips for my montage after 1 and a half of playing. 24 overall today pretty nice haul i think.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, before the twentieth ends in my time zone, I wanted to do one last thing to celebrate Fire Emblem's 30th anniversary.

So I'll give a shout out to my top twelve favorite Fire Emblem characters.

1. Chrom
2. Merric
3. Edelgard
4. Virion
5. Celica
6. Marth
7. Caeda
8. Silque
9. Ferdinand von Aegir
10. Tiki
11. Tobin
12. Dorothea

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
SMM2: new update.

Me: super mario bros. 2, baby.

game of the year, every year, baby.

edit: also, the Koopalings do get their own Super Mario World sprites; they have them in the Japanese video for the update.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Huh, apparently oil is now less than a dollar a barrel. Wonder what's going on with that.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I preordered the FFVII Remake. But the Gamestop I ordered it from closed due to the coronavirus so I'm up a certain creek without a paddle. :glare:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do hate the way the Mario Maker 2 updates were handled though. Unlike Smash, it's not like they tell us when to tune in for info or when the new update drops in, and unlike Splatoon, the stream of updates wasn't constant, so idk what they were thinking by putting it's new announcements in between both of those worlds and doing none of it right.

I thought the game was legit dead multiple because of how much in the dark we were.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Reminder that Nintendo said that the 3DS wasn't getting replaced by the Switch anytime soon, and then shortly after, Pokemon announced that they've jumped the 3DS ship.

Too bad Alphadream didn't get the memo.
In retrospect it seemed like they wanted to use the 3DS as a safety cushion just in case the Switch didn't take off. They did the same thing with the GBA/DS when the latter first came out, and the 3DS got a good number of games for a system that should've been on its way out such as Metroid Samus Returns, FE: Echoes SoV, and Pokemon USUM. However, once the Switch actually made its mark you can see them starting to pull away with all of their major IPs moving to the Switch, and by the middle of next year the only thing it was really getting were remakes and smaller projects. Games like M&L BIS could've been stuck on their course and weren't able to pull out in time, so it ended up being an unintentional victim of the situation.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
People are pointing out that a few details were hidden in the trailer, like On/Off Blocks in 3D World not being mentioned.

Yet during the Mushroom House segment, they show the power-ups Mario can get and the flower is blue. Even in tbe orginal Mario Bros and 3, the Fire Flower was like a blinking white and red, never blue.

So we may have the Ice Flower and other things they didn't bring up in the video in this new update.

Edit: Well the Fire Flower was actually blue on the roulette wheel but I still wanna have hope

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom