• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Got it. There are actually more than a few characters with unstable and dangerous Personas, but I don't recall any of them separating from its owner. That might be an interesting take on what P4 did.

Though... if characters lost both parts of their psyches, they won't have a consciousness to face themselves. I guess in that case protag would try and make Shadow and Persona accept each other.
They’re more like representations then the actual physical thing. Think like Teen Titans when they enter Raven’s mind. Interacting with the people there and the environment, as well as the shadow and persona themselves, can effect a person’s self. Which is why they end up making a rule to not go into someone’s mindscape without them. Personas and Shadows usually take on forms that have some sort of rivalry with each other. A superhero and a supervillain, a sheriff and an outlaw, etc etc.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Today's a very good day, the thirtieth anniversary of Fire Emblem. I had a big post prepared but it got corrupted and I lost it so I'll probably just make a smaller post later.

But either way, happy birthday Fire Emblem.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think we might be pass this point, but I think the only thing worse than shoehorning a relationship between two people with no chemistry (regardless of LGBTQ+ representation or not) is trying to paint a relationship that’s terrible, problematic, toxic, abusive, etc. in a positive light within the context of the story. The first part annoys me from a standpoint of a writer but the second has the potential to hurt people in real life and I do not respect any writers who pull that ****.
I honestly wish that the media didn't glorify relationships that are actually abusive. Like, you're telling me this girl has been verbally abusing the guy because she likes him? And they have to get together because that's love?

Or the guy is a borderline mass murderer but it's cute that he gets with the shy nerdy girl? What?

It doesn't help that those kinds of relationships are popular in fandoms, I mean, just look at how many ships Bakugo has, or look at Reylo shippings. That's not cute, it's abusive, destructive, and shouldn't be a thing.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Finally decided to give The World According to Jeff Goldblum a watch with the first two episodes, I have to its a very impressive and interesting show to watch on Disney+.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
got YGO: Legacy of the Duelist because peer pressure

it's a super cheap game but it's pretty much the best YGO simulator right now. what sucks is that the Duel Links interface is better with smaller details like toggling your game's sensitivity to quick-play spell or trap card activations

like holy **** i have to spend a whole minute spamming :GCB: just to tell the game no, i don't want to use MST on my own backrow stop asking

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I honestly wish that the media didn't glorify relationships that are actually abusive. Like, you're telling me this girl has been verbally abusing the guy because she likes him? And they have to get together because that's love?

Or the guy is a borderline mass murderer but it's cute that he gets with the shy nerdy girl? What?

It doesn't help that those kinds of relationships are popular in fandoms, I mean, just look at how many ships Bakugo has, or look at Reylo shippings. That's not cute, it's abusive, destructive, and shouldn't be a thing.
I don’t think I’ll ever understand people who actually think that it’s a good idea to put this stuff in a story. “Opposites attract” doesn’t mean that illogical character interactions just work like that. On top of that, there’s the obvious issues stated in your post. I just don’t like it chief.

Last edited:

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
It's bad that some of these topes are so obviously used that i could watch the first episode and tell you whos surprise gay and whos going to be "surprise" shipped. I wish they would try harder or like not use those 2 tropes every show. Im pretty sure Abc requires at least 1 Lbgq supporting character in every show now because it feels forced like it actually HAD to be there even if it has nothing to do with the story. Now that i think about it it would make a lot of sense if it is forced on the writers to shove it in somewhere for no reason outside of filling corporate agenda.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's bad that some of these topes are so obviously used that i could watch the first episode and tell you whos surprise gay and whos going to be "surprise" shipped. I wish they would try harder or like not use those 2 tropes every show. Im pretty sure Abc requires at least 1 Lbgq supporting character in every show now because it feels forced like it actually HAD to be there even if it has nothing to do with the story. Now that i think about it it would make a lot of sense if it is forced on the writers to shove it in somewhere for no reason outside of filling corporate agenda.
I think it's more likely that people realized having a more diverse cast on-screen attracts a wider audience.

Also, I don't think minorities have to justify their existence in the media by having a plot point related to their identities. Nobody asks what story relevance straight characters have.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
This reminds me of the RWBY fandom and certain fans shipping Blake and Adam together... even though it's very clear that they have an abusive relationship as shown in the series.

Boy, did that fandom get chaotic after a particular episode in Vol. 6...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Had a funny start this morning. Playing Overwatch and got four headshot kills with Hanzo.

Haven't even had my meds yet and I'm already popping.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was considering grabbing the Mystery Dungeon remake, I really enjoyed the OG Mystery Dungeon and saw it was pretty much the same + a slightly expanded roster.

Then I saw it was 60$ for a remake and kinda noped out.
If you like exploration it’s worth it, especially if you didn’t fully finish the original. I haven’t beaten it yet and I’ve got like 80 hours logged into it so far.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
some of these packs rigged in LoTD

i've been on kaiba for over 20,000 points and goddamn i've gotten 5 a-to-z busters but not a single abc

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally got a five star island in Animal Crossing. I’ve still got a lot to do to deck out the island more.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I think it's more likely that people realized having a more diverse cast on-screen attracts a wider audience.

Also, I don't think minorities have to justify their existence in the media by having a plot point related to their identities. Nobody asks what story relevance straight characters have.
But with straight characters it doesn't feel like GUESS WHAT I LIKE GIRLS now let's make every attempt to point it out from now on. If anything you'd think it would make Lbgq activests angry because it's highlighting that they are different which is the one thing they are trying to prevent. This is what happened during the 90s when femanism took off and it was like A GIRL DOING A MANS JOB? WOOOOOW and they took problem with it because by highlighting it they make it sound uncommon or weird.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
But with straight characters it doesn't feel like GUESS WHAT I LIKE GIRLS now let's make every attempt to point it out from now on. If anything you'd think it would make Lbgq activests angry because it's highlighting that they are different which is the one thing they are trying to prevent. This is what happened during the 90s when femanism took off and it was like A GIRL DOING A MANS JOB? WOOOOOW and they took problem with it because by highlighting it they make it sound uncommon or weird.
My favorite joke from the Simpson's makes fun of this exact thing:

Point is modern writers don't know how to handle diversity lol

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who saw the Gamexplain Gideon in the animal crossing dataminers? Looks like a lot is coming. Such as:
bushes, Red with a shop on a secret beach, paintings, gyroids( which are displayed at the museum now with the paintings, the museum cafe, gift shop, diving, crafting clothes, seaweed, vegetables, seafood recipes, and other food recipes and another nook shop with unknown requirements for unlocking if it’s available right now.

overall it sounds pretty good if this all happens.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Anyone interested in seeing a Ness combo montage? Im bored and it sounds fun because i got a ton of clips from streams over the months

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Funny you mention that, because you reminded me that this movie exists

I mean, the name should give it away on how bad it is, but God was the trailer so cringy. Can the ladies in the audience tell me if you guys actually speak like this, let me know.

The entire staff and production team were all males.
Yeah. Makes sense. No woman talks like this. Heck, no PERSON talks like this.
Meanwhile I’m over here writing my animated series and y’all are putting a lot of pressure on me with this.
OK. I admit it's a bit of an exageration what I said. As long as you understand you're not writing for a woman, you're writing for a person, then you're good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom