• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think the best thing to do would be to start with Karting, as the switch probably won’t be getting its own mario kart beyond 8 deluxe, and they have just about every character they would need modeled and ready thanks to Smash Ultimate. Then once that proves to be a success, spread out into party and tennis and the like.
They won't use models from Smash though, they've never done that in the past.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They won't use models from Smash though, they've never done that in the past.
Why not? They're all rigged and animated (partially), they look great, they're all in the same rough art-style, nobody would mind, and it would save them time and money. You don't have to remake the model every single time you make a new game. That's just inefficient.

Also, "they've never done it before" is a bad argument because EVERYTHING has to happen for the first time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the best thing to do would be to start with Karting, as the switch probably won’t be getting its own mario kart beyond 8 deluxe, and they have just about every character they would need modeled and ready thanks to Smash Ultimate. Then once that proves to be a success, spread out into party and tennis and the like.
Kind of loses the appeal of the Mario Party, though. At that point, it's just Wii Party.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wii Party was lowkey a good game, not complaining.
Oh. Sorry. I don't know where that micro-outburst came from.

To be fair, I do still want a Mario Kart/Party/Tennis/Etc. game that covers the entire Mario Spectrum (all the way through spinoffs and the like) before they move on to Smash Kart and the like. I even made a roster for it. Wanna see?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Kind of loses the appeal of the Mario Party, though. At that point, it's just Wii Party.
Mario Party. The franchise that fans have complained about being bad for the last, like, 6 entries. It needs a facelift at this point. And if someone misses the appeal of it being only Mario characters? They have 16 games they can go back to. Everything evolves to survive.

Why not? They're all rigged and animated (partially), they look great, they're all in the same rough art-style, nobody would mind, and it would save them time and money. You don't have to remake the model every single time you make a new game. That's just inefficient.

Also, "they've never done it before" is a bad argument because EVERYTHING has to happen for the first time.
I'm not saying I don't think it's a good idea, but it's just not very Nintendo. I don't know if they've ever reused models, aside from direct sequels like Majora's Mask. I sometimes wonder if Nintendo sees cutting corners by reusing models as below them or something.

Aside from that, Nintendo doesn't actually make Smash Ultimate. Yes, they're the publisher and owner of the IP, but development is done elsewhere. Maybe Nintendo would have to jump through some hoops to even get the files for the models and they don't see it as necessary.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You dare oppose me...
View attachment 269631
Any last words, foolish mortal...

Mario Party. The franchise that fans have complained about being bad for the last, like, 6 entries. It needs a facelift at this point. And if someone misses the appeal of it being only Mario characters? They have 16 games they can go back to. Everything evolves to survive.
ok mr. innovative game genius, pitch it to nintendo and come back to tell me the tale of how you failed :p

mario party is being complained about because of the unnecessary facelifts they've been trying to give to the series

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

ok mr. innovative game genius, pitch it to nintendo and come back to tell me the tale of how you failed :p

mario party is being complained about because of the unnecessary facelifts they've been trying to give to the series
Why do you always feel the need to be antagonistic like that? It's irritating.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I'm not saying I don't think it's a good idea, but it's just not very Nintendo. I don't know if they've ever reused models, aside from direct sequels like Majora's Mask. I sometimes wonder if Nintendo sees cutting corners by reusing models as below them or something.

Aside from that, Nintendo doesn't actually make Smash Ultimate. Yes, they're the publisher and owner of the IP, but development is done elsewhere. Maybe Nintendo would have to jump through some hoops to even get the files for the models and they don't see it as necessary.
Heh, if they wanted to call it Super Smash Kart they might even still try to get Sora LTD to develop it. Then they'd have the models.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Heh, if they wanted to call it Super Smash Kart they might even still try to get Sora LTD to develop it. Then they'd have the models.
Even if they can reuse the models, there's no guarantee that they are suitable for a racing game. I'm not an expert on this stuff but don't those games usually have lower polygon models compared to fighting games?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Even if they can reuse the models, there's no guarantee that they are suitable for a racing game. I'm not an expert on this stuff but don't those games usually have lower polygon models compared to fighting games?
I don't know about that. But I will say two things, one: I'm pretty sure Smash's models are pretty low-poly too considering the gameplay style and how big the maps can be. Two: Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuled literally used the exact same models from the N. Sane and Reignited Trilogies ported over, and it runs fine and is on Switch.
I'll be down for a Nintendo racing game if someone can come up with a better name than Nintendo Kart.
Why not Super Smash Kart? Or Super Nintendo Kart abbreviated as SNK!....... wait.........

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'll be down for a Nintendo racing game if someone can come up with a better name than Nintendo Kart.
Dumb idea time: What if on their next system, they have "(System Name) Kart" as a launch title, and every major first party release adds some new content from that game? For example, if they ported FE:TH, they could add Byleth and the House Leaders as characters and Garreg Mach as a course. It would be free promotion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What would be a sizeable roster for a Nintendo-themed kart racing game?

D

Deleted member

I brought up something like this before but I wanted to talk about it again and I just think it’d be a little exercise to talk about, name 10 Pokémon that you would travel around the world with and do fun stuff without having to worry about battling.
1.Pikachu
2.Meowth
3.Arcanine
4.Totodile
5.PorygonZ
6.Hydreigon
7.Chespin
8.Popplio
9.Blacephalon
10.Sobble

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
About a Smash 4 sized roster. 8 Deluxe has 42 not counting color swaps, so I wouldn't say that hitting around 58 is impossible
the year is 2025

no one can if a CGI trailer from nintendo is a smash trailer or nintendo kart trailer anymore

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
One of the things that I like about Smash is seeing all the unique abilities and moveset potential along with the representation of their series from those moves, so that’s kinda why I’m not really fond of the idea of just sticking all these guys into karts. That’s kinda my take on it.

Oh. Sorry. I don't know where that micro-outburst came from.

To be fair, I do still want a Mario Kart/Party/Tennis/Etc. game that covers the entire Mario Spectrum (all the way through spinoffs and the like) before they move on to Smash Kart and the like. I even made a roster for it. Wanna see?
Sure, I’ll take a look.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
One of the things that I like about Smash is seeing all the unique abilities and moveset potential along with the representation of their series from those moves, so that’s kinda why I’m not really fond of the idea of just sticking all these guys into karts. That’s kinda my take on it.

Sure, I’ll take a look.
I feel like bringing back Double Dash's character-exclusive items would help with this. It wouln't be as much as a Smash moveset, but it'll help.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Mother Nature be like: “So you’re an essential worker and still working during this crisis? That’s great! Except **** you! I get to push you around with my invisible forces and make your job as miserable as possible because you don’t deserve to feel joy today!”

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which Joker is the best Joker
Persona-5-Royal_20200307201143.jpg
persona-5-scramble-news-incoming-gaming-instincts-tv-article_y3gt.jpg
0yqqm78jmta11.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
1200px-Joker_SSBU.png
maxresdefault (1).jpg
and why it is the one from Smash

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Persona 4! (@Bolderousness since you requested it)

The final boss was tough - someone told me about an overpowered Persona (a level 75 Tower fusion whose name starts with Yoshi, but I'm not typing out the full name in case it becomes a case of censor dodging) that gets a really powerful skill at level 83. It took that, accessories that half a character's SP use for both Naoto and Yukiko, and a TON of level grinding, but I eventually beat the final boss.

The only other Persona game that I've played is Persona 5. Compared to that, I felt like Persona 4 was tougher (I was low on SP until Rise got to level 77, and refilling your SP is incredibly expensive for most of the game), though I only won the final battle of Persona 5 due to luck (Futaba got an ability that has a chance of activating if someone is going to die, which saved my party from being killed by the boss's final attack).

However, I felt like the characters (or at least the party members and the Dojimas) were more memorable. I didn't find the supporting cast as interesting, so I was able to focus most of my attention on those characters (and the fox and Margaret, since the Fox has tangible benefits and Margaret's gets me some powerful Personas) and I was able to make a deeper connection with them. By contrast, I sometimes forget about Haru, and she's one of the party members in Persona 5. (whatever social stat is required for her storyline is one that was nowhere near high enough during my playthrough)

I'm looking forward to playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, though I've been told that the game contains major spoilers for Persona 3, so I should probably play that first. I'll wait a bit before jumping in, though - I don't want to feel burned out on the series. (kind of weird that I've been going 5 - 4 - 3 as far as Persona games are concerned; I might look into Persona 2, though 1 is probably going to be too outdated/difficult for me)

osby

Smash Obsessed

The final boss was tough - someone told me about an overpowered Persona (a level 75 Tower fusion whose name starts with Yoshi, but I'm not typing out the full name in case it becomes a case of censor dodging) that gets a really powerful skill at level 83. It took that, accessories that half a character's SP use for both Naoto and Yukiko, and a TON of level grinding, but I eventually beat the final boss.

The only other Persona game that I've played is Persona 5. Compared to that, I felt like Persona 4 was tougher (I was low on SP until Rise got to level 77, and refilling your SP is incredibly expensive for most of the game), though I only won the final battle of Persona 5 due to luck (Futaba got an ability that has a chance of activating if someone is going to die, which saved my party from being killed by the boss's final attack).

However, I felt like the characters (or at least the party members and the Dojimas) were more memorable. I didn't find the supporting cast as interesting, so I was able to focus most of my attention on those characters (and the fox and Margaret, since the Fox has tangible benefits and Margaret's gets me some powerful Personas) and I was able to make a deeper connection with them. By contrast, I sometimes forget about Haru, and she's one of the party members in Persona 5. (whatever social stat is required for her storyline is one that was nowhere near high enough during my playthrough)

I'm looking forward to playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, though I've been told that the game contains major spoilers for Persona 3, so I should probably play that first. I'll wait a bit before jumping in, though - I don't want to feel burned out on the series. (kind of weird that I've been going 5 - 4 - 3 as far as Persona games are concerned; I might look into Persona 2, though 1 is probably going to be too outdated/difficult for me)
P4 has the best party members in the series along with P2 and that's coming from a guy who's favorite is P3.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
osby osby You are so right, AO3 feels like a breath of fresh air. I just hope the story gets as many reads, if not more, than it does on ff.net. I want to give readers a great experience and for the story I wrote with censorship censorship to stand out above the rest.

D

Deleted member

This game is pretty hard. Looking back, I really did rely on a guide to finish it, but it was worth it. (For the record, Persona 3 is harder because you can't control your party members.)

I agree that I like the central cast of characters more here than Persona 5 or even 3. Like you said, I prioritized them and their social links, so my connections with them were strongest out of the whole cast (plus Nanako and Dojima because wholesome family drama is wholesome).

My squad for the rest of the game ended up being Yukiko, Kanji, and Teddie. Yukiko is your dedicated healer, Teddie is your dedicated defensive buffer plus attacker, and Kanji just hurts and takes a beating. It covers all bases and you never really need to use intense boss prep after Shadow Kanji beyond leveling up and getting stronger personas.

What were your thoughts on the finale?

Specifically, starting from Nanako & Namatame to uncovering the murderer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom