• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dude

dude

this is not a ****ing drill, i just got a villager named boone. his goddamn catchphrase

ay.png

HE WON AGAIN

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If she truly is improving then I'm proud of her. But ya can't just go around and say "I don't like x
First of all, yes you can. It's an opinion board filled with friends who all know each other. What the **** else are we supposed to do here?

And second of all, Snake didn't ask for your tough love. You have no justification to force that onto her.

If you wanna talk about "growing up," chew on those words and come back to me later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To be fair, the collection is split into two parts for the digital release, so you could always just pick up the first half and leave X6, X7, and X8 to rot like they deserve (X5 is okay but it's definitely where things started going downhill).
I can't respect the X8 slander. Game gets a bad rap because of the other two. Has too many cool mechanics introduced into the series and some fun levels. Especially with the Armor mixing and matching. It's not perfect though. But I'd put it above X5,X6 and X7.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
First of all, yes you can. It's an opinion board filled with friends who all know each other. What the **** else are we supposed to do here?

And second of all, Snake didn't ask for your tough love. You have no justification to force that onto her.

If you wanna talk about "growing up," chew on those words and come back to me later.
Read the edited post. That's a previous version that got posted when Chrome crashed on me.

Secondly, you don't have to fight her battles for her. She's an adult. Cool off.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's also weird is that half of my villagers' birthdays are within the next seven days. Piper's is today, Pietro's is tomorrow, and I apparently share my birthday with Agnes on Tuesday. That's bonkers.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah, generalizing people as being "overly negative" isn't a very wise thing to do without solid evidence, especially since @SnakeFighter64 has been making an active effort to be a lot less controversial with her opinions and overall content nowadays. It's also totally fine for someone to dislike things that you personally enjoy if they respectfully present their stance on why it doesn't appeal to them.
Never said it wasn't alright, I just wanted more of a reason as to why than just "they all contain swords and magic so they're all the same"

All lattes, cappuccinos, and machiatos contain coffee but they are most definitely not the same thing.

As for why Snake's changed her ways, it was because more people than me called her out on her opinions, which you're now saying she's free to express as long as they aren't her hot takes, but you're getting into me for the same? What kinda bs double standard is that?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, MMX8 has a ****ing Tekken Tag/Marvel health system. And the Super Meter where you can decide to use it to nuke a boss or heal up a KO'd teammate. All that stuff hits differently.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I can't respect the X8 slander. Game gets a bad rap because of the other two. Has too many cool mechanics introduced into the series and some fun levels. Especially with the Armor mixing and matching. It's not perfect though. But I'd put it above X5,X6 and X7.
Like I said in my follow-up post about MX8, maybe I'll find a little more appreciation for it when I revisit the game someday. I just remember becoming extremely frustrated while attempting to complete the gravity level so I might be judging the game harshly because I had a bad day with it.

That, and I was starting to feel burnt out with MMX while finishing up the collection.

D

Deleted member

Read the edited post. That's a previous version that got posted when Chrome crashed on me.

Secondly, you don't have to fight her battles for her. She's an adult. Cool off.
You're an adult too, but for some reason, you harassed someone because they dare give an opinion without arguing it. Excuse me for defending someone against an unsolicited aggressor who got worked up over video games.

As for why Snake's changed her ways, it was because more people than me called her out on her opinions, which you're now saying she's free to express as long as they aren't her hot takes, but you're getting into me for the same? What kinda bs double standard is that?
Everybody's biggest problem with past Snake was that she imposed her opinions like fact and made people feel bad for it. She also just said a lot of creepy and sexual stuff. In this context, she admitted her opinion didn't even matter and she was not personally attacking anybody. She was respectful about it and nobody got offended. It's not a double standard; you missed the boat entirely and that's the issue.

Call **** out when it's bad. Not when it's completely harmless to anybody.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm at the part of Project X Zone 2 which is incredibly memorable to me because at that point it sunk in just how bizzare this entire game is lol

An entire stretch of the game where their hunting down a dude who's searching for a wish granting relic hidden somewhere between the bionis and mechonis, when they find out about this relic it's during a burning rangers tribute episode where the party is putting out fires on a spaceship from the Space Channel 5 series, once they get to the wish granting relic they find that it was stolen and Valkirie is framed for it, to which Phoenix wright steps up to defend her like he does and a goddess then proceeds to summon Miles Edgeworth to fight Phoenix in court while characters like Sigma, Kiryu, Juri and Heihachi are watching.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Like I said in my follow-up post about MX8, maybe I'll find a little more appreciation for it when I revisit the game someday. I just remember becoming extremely frustrated while attempting to complete the gravity level so I might be judging the game harshly because I had a bad day with it.

That, and I was starting to feel burnt out with MMX while finishing up the collection.
That's fair. I had the Gamecube collection and dug MMX1-MMX4 a lot. Some of my favorite games ever. But I didn't find MMX5 that great. I played MMX5 a couple years later and liked it a bit more. Still not my favorite, but its better than I thought.

MMX8 isn't perfect, but it has a lot of good qualities that get looked over. At least if you ask me.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm at the part of Project X Zone 2 which is incredibly memorable to me because at that point it sunk in just how bizzare this entire game is lol

An entire stretch of the game where their hunting down a dude who's searching for a wish granting relic hidden somewhere between the bionis and mechonis, when they find out about this relic it's during a burning rangers tribute episode where the party is putting out fires on a spaceship from the Space Channel 5 series, once they get to the wish granting relic they find that it was stolen and Valkirie is framed for it, to which Phoenix wright steps up to defend her like he does and a goddess then proceeds to summon Miles Edgeworth to fight Phoenix in court while characters like Sigma, Kiryu, Juri and Heihachi are watching.
This makes me want a Subspace sequel with character interaction even more.

D

Deleted member

Also Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming I like how you say Snakefighter is an adult and can defend herself but then posts before that admit to playing some ****ed up mentor role figure by instituting some tough love act like she's some baby. GTFO of here with that.

Edit: In addition, I'd like to see Snake be more positive about stuff. 9 times out of 10 if she's talking, she's being negative about something. I want to see her succeed and sometimes it takes some tough love for that.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You're an adult too, but for some reason, you harassed someone because they dare give an opinion without arguing it. Excuse me for defending someone against an unsolicited aggressor who got worked up over video games

Everybody's biggest problem with past Snake was that she imposed her opinions like fact and made people feel bad for it. She also just said a lot of creepy and sexual stuff. In this context, she admitted her opinion didn't even matter and she was not personally attacking anybody. Nobody got offended. It's not a double standard; you missed the boat entirely and that's the issue.

Call **** out when it's bad. Not when it's completely harmless to anybody.
I don't recall her ever saying anything remotely sexual.

I admitted I could've been nicer and I apologized. This is over.

As for this "****ed up tough love act," It's exactly what my friends did to me to help me grow as a person, so don't you dare insinuate that it wasn't done out of a place of care for Snake.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
oof accidental post (was just a Mother 3 joke regarding one of yall’s Animal Crossing posts I decided against posting), phones suck.

uh...

the baboom behind the slaughter(???)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Because ultra street fighter 2 has Violent Ken.
Because ultra street fighter 2 has Violent Ken.
which one of these posts is the real post?
He-Man or She-Ra
Well they are in the same universe and franchise
Haha, fat crocodile go punch punch!
View attachment 269607
why Sonic...he just wanted to go fast
Breaking News: I have two dogs now
View attachment 269610
what kinda dogs are these

also
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming and @Bolderousness

let's make love without the war for the rest of the day
giphy (4).gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I made a tier list of all my villagers.

ay.png

None of them are bad, they're all literally pretty good, I just have favorites one way or the other. :nifty:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MMX6 is my guilty pleasure game though. I know it has a TON of issues, but I like the weapons and Armor mechanics. I wish I could mod the Blade Armor into MMX4 or something. That badass Mach Dash and Yammark Option really do hit differently. Metal Anchor was pretty cool too.

D

Deleted member

As for this "****ed up tough love act," It's exactly what my friends did to me to help me grow as a person, so don't you dare insinuate that it wasn't done out of a place of care for Snake.
This conversation proved you're not perfect because of it given your excuses and hypocrisy.

To be fair, this thread is over 4000 pages long and I don't read every page.
Again, way to be informed.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
MMX6 is my guilty pleasure game though. I know it has a TON of issues, but I like the weapons and Armor mechanics. I wish I could mod the Blade Armor into MMX4 or something. That badass Mach Dash and Yammark Option really do hit differently. Metal Anchor was pretty cool too.
I'll admit that I experience some semblance of "fun" in X6 when I glitch Zero into being invincible for certain levels. It's also somewhat enjoyable to melt the bosses' health bars with his broken ass buster.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit that I experience some semblance of "fun" in X6 when I glitch Zero into being invincible for certain levels. It's also somewhat enjoyable to melt the bosses' health bars with his broken ass buster.
X6 looks absolutely broken and I kinda like it. It has that "broken car" feel, which can be fun for a masochistic challenge.

I made a bet with someone a while ago to do Armorless X on Hard Mode and they still haven't done it yet. IDK why; it sounded easy on paper.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Liked destroying everything with Yammark Option and Air-Dashing with the Blade Armor.

X6 looks absolutely broken and I kinda like it. It has that "broken car" feel, which can be fun for a masochistic challenge.

I made a bet with someone a while ago to do Armorless X on Hard Mode and they still haven't done it yet. IDK why; it sounded easy on paper.
Oh yeah, the boy Onereasonanddone. Hope he's good.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He's still alive, but not as active online. I mean, it makes sense. He's legally supposed to be dead after the bet.
i don't know what's more ballsy, actually going through with deleting your account or taking the bet in the first place.

D

Deleted member

i don't know what's more ballsy, actually going through with deleting your account or taking the bet in the first place.
He didn't go through it in its entirety so is it really ballsy?

Now granted, I still have to marathon RE 1, 2, and 3 Remakes because of a bet, but have been holding off because I'm a chicken **** for horror. Still!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So my Story Mode team in FighterZ is Yamcha, Piccolo, and Krillin. Probably won't change, no one else is vibing with me at the moment.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh god you’ve activated two evils of this world clowns and rhyme schemes

Just don’t make a pun and we won’t have an ancient evil on our hands
Sounds like talking about this animal has already CROSSED the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom