• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Please quote me next time.

Although saying. I could share this debate with you.
Mind deleting your comment. I feel bad for having brought this subject up. Sometimes we myself included says things we don't mean as a mean to vent out especially rough times like what were going through now.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've seen very little of the other Persona games so I've always assumed that the dungeon/palace owners were typically evil after playing P5. The whole "irredeemable bad guy must be stopped" formula is fine and all, but damn if the pyramid palace ain't a breath of fresh air.
The Piramid dungeon is actually how most dungeons play out in P4 if I remember right.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just ordered Mega Man Legacy Collection :yoshi:
Nice.

I've been meaning to pick up the Zero/ZX Legacy Collection myself, but I'll probably wait until I clear up a bit more of my backlog. You already familiar with the series or is this going to be your first experience with it?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Mind deleting your comment. I feel bad for having brought this subject up. Sometimes we myself included says things we don't mean as a mean to vent out especially rough times like what were going through now.
Edited to get rid of your comment.

Still was always looking for a debate of that caliber.
Part of my interests these days. Politics and the paths the world could walk next. All that philosophy.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nice.

I've been meaning to pick up the Zero/ZX Legacy Collection myself, but I'll probably wait until I clear up a bit more of my backlog. You already familiar with the series or is this going to be your first experience with it?
It's been like 4 or 5 years since I played Classic and X. I don't remember being particularly.... good at it, but I'm slightly older now. Honestly, I think I preferred X due to the upgrade mechanics :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Edited to get rid of your comment.

Still was always looking for a debate of that caliber.
Part of my interests these days. Politics and the paths the world could walk next. All that philosophy.
These kind of talks are usually most suited to PM. Before you joined, these kind of debates were often, sucked for everybody, and it wont get better. There's a reason why the OP in this thread asks you not to discuss politics here.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's been like 4 or 5 years since I played Classic and X. I don't remember being particularly.... good at it, but I'm slightly older now. Honestly, I think I preferred X due to the upgrade mechanics :yoshi:
Oh, I absolutely think the X series is a lot more interesting both mechanically and aesthetically than Classic Mega Man...but then every game after X4 feels like a sharp decline in quality and kinda sucks. If every game in the X series was of a similar quality to the first four games, it would easily be my preferred style.

Still can't go wrong with old school Mega, though. Hopefully you see better success with the games now than you did a few years ago.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh, I absolutely think the X series is a lot more interesting both mechanically and aesthetically than Classic Mega Man...but then every game after X4 feels like a sharp decline in quality and kinda sucks. If every game in the X series was of a similar quality to the first four games, it would easily be my preferred style.

Still can't go wrong with old school Mega, though. Hopefully you see better success with the games now than you did a few years ago.
That's the entire reason I never bothered picking up the X collection, seems kinda silly to buy a collection for only 4 of the games.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
That's the entire reason I never bothered picking up the X collection, seems kinda silly to buy a collection for only 4 of the games.
To be fair, the collection is split into two parts for the digital release, so you could always just pick up the first half and leave X6, X7, and X8 to rot like they deserve (X5 is okay but it's definitely where things started going downhill).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This legitimately makes me sad, Pokemon is one of my favorite franchises of all time.
But seeing all these other series trying to outdo themselves and constantly improve really gives off the impression that Gamefreak doesn't care anymore.

And why should they? They still get money from the cards and the anime so there's no point in making fantastic games if the other 2 sections of the series are doing well
This could also be the Pokemon Company. Afterall, they do things like set the budgets and give GameFreak resources. They really should have increased the studio's size and resources a long time ago.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
These kind of talks are usually most suited to PM. Before you joined, these kind of debates were often, sucked for everybody, and it wont get better. There's a reason why the OP in this thread asks you not to discuss politics here.
.......................Oh.

Was more about philosophy and stuff. Where you think the worlds direction in a 1,000 years and so.

I'll refrain from the future.

Might go back to bed. Really need to catch up on coursework, haven't done anything the past few weeks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That new dungeon screams Kingdom hearts, from the music to the general asthetic.
as a non-Kingdom Heart person, I'll have to assume that's a compliment...but everything is so calming in the new palace of love
I only watched a let's play but it reminded of some of the best dungeons in Persona 4. Persona 5 really needed more flawed good people and less irredeemable scumbags. That's what makes Persona characters and their dungeons interesting.
I think P5, especially with the nice hard R, only having one good person as a boss made it more personal and emotional. Having most of the rest be such bad ****sockers (and then depression) only helped even more
I mean, they're not wrong.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
...Palutena dammit

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, if fighting against me is going to make you upset, I'd just suggest taking a break.
Maybe I’m getting a little overheated, I’m more mad at myself than you. definitely didn’t help that I wasted four rematches on the Super Sonic spirit and I still haven’t gotten it. I hate this game sometimes

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Honestly, I feel X8 gets a bad rep more for the games that came before it then the actual quality of the game itself. When I played the X series back to back I was not expecting much out of it but playing through it and looking back it had some great gameplay to it with three characters that are different and fun to use, the great gameplay that the subseries is known for, and overall good level design. I personally had a lot of fun playing through it and I don't agree that it's a drop from the first four, in fact I'd go as far as to say that it's better then X3. Same with X5, though I understand that one is more personal since I can see how some of the flaws are more bothersome to others then it was to me.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I mean, without Mega Man X7, we wouldn't have gotten BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN WOOO BURN BURN WOOO BURN TO THE GROUND

Idk on any redeeming factors of X6.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, they're not wrong.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I know this doesn’t matter.... but I still can’t believe we got THREE JRPG characters. Especially when two of those JRPGs have very similar themes and aesthetics. They may play completely differently, but it still felt a little samey. I hope the next pass has a little more variety.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Can we talk about how Tiger King got beat after 25 days in the #1 spot on Netflix-
By Despicable Me?? How did that happen?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly, I feel X8 gets a bad rep more for the games that came before it then the actual quality of the game itself. When I played the X series back to back I was not expecting much out of it but playing through it and looking back it had some great gameplay to it with three characters that are different and fun to use, the great gameplay that the subseries is known for, and overall good level design. I personally had a lot of fun playing through it and I don't agree that it's a drop from the first four, in fact I'd go as far as to say that it's better then X3. Same with X5, though I understand that one is more personal since I can see how some of the flaws are more bothersome to others then it was to me.
Eh, I remember the controls and physics of X8 feeling a bit "off" compared to the games before it...barring X7 which is a whole different beast of feeling like ass. The level design was also all over the place for me, with Gravity Antonion's spike block rooms being a real ***** to deal with and the gimmick stages like Gigabolt and Avalanche Yeti not being much fun to play. Musically speaking, I also think the soundtrack is one of the weakest in the series with only a couple of tracks I'd consider noteworthy (VS Sigma is pretty badass, NGL).

Maybe I'll return to MX8 someday to give it another shake but I definitely didn't enjoy my first experience with it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
as a non-Kingdom Heart person, I'll have to assume that's a compliment...but everything is so calming in the new palace of love

t
It is, it reminds me of places like the world that never was and End of the world, final boss areas in those games

For some reason Persona and KH seem to click in my mind as series that can work in a team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom