• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Let's Go DP was a popular enough fan theory that I'm pretty skeptical. Yeah skeptical is my default reaction to most unsourced leaks, but there's a good reason for that.

Besides why is this rumor only popping now? You'd think if that if the post was real someone would have brought it up sooner.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm going to wait until we get a source for that post. If it is true then it's worth giving an ear to, but as said before, the fact that it's popping up now of all times when this information supposedly was around since October comes off as rather convenient. The Pokémon fanbase, like Smash, is one that does spend a good amount of time combing through the different rumors and looking for anything that sounds remotely plausible. Bulbapedia and Serebii for instance had dedicated rumor threads for SwSh and multiple rumors were brought in on at least a weekly basis. I would expect that it would've been mentioned at some point before now considering how much time was spent on rumors, especially with two coveted remakes (though with strings attached) on the line.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the Pokémon anime website messed up and leaked something very interesting:
260DAB72-A6D1-452A-A42B-D8227EF0240E.jpeg

Scorbunny is evolving in a few episodes it looks like. Which is pretty shocking as we never see starters evolve this early.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Beat Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo.

Like, damn. That was phenomenal. They really did this game justice it is hype as hell and you feel super powerful even when your back is against the ropes. Game is insanely fun but my backlog is full so I'll have to wait to pick it up. Still, if you're on the fence about getting it, well, this should convert you.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I have played the FFVII Remake demo and well I'm a bit mixed on it. Played it last night but I fell asleep after. This is going to be pretty long and I'm willing to go into a deep discussion about it.
So far the thoughts:

+My God that intro scene is perfectly done. The music, the camera shots, visuals amazing.
+Combat is weighty and is pretty rewarding.
+*Looks at the team members making it* **** yes Nobuo Uematsu and Masashi Hamauzu is composing. One of the best composers of all time and the latter is pretty underrated for his work on Final Fantasy XIII.

-More personal opinion but while I'm glad Tetsuya Nomura is directing, not as much with the director of the XIII Trilogy involved, which is a bit worrying.
-It's hard to explain but compared to FFXV it feels like the character chemistry and writing feels off to me but again it's the demo.
-While gameplay is fun, maybe my taste has changed where I feel like eh.

To go really critical and this is from someone who loves FF and has FFX and FFIX as two of his favourite games of all time.
I'm getting the same vibe as I did from watching the last Star Wars film as is in a post in SW case Avengers Infinity War/Endgame. It's hard to explain.
It's like a post world where it's not the only JRPG series that can give amazing quality or excel in certain areas. And this was from replaying FFXV again as well.

Tales, The Legend of Heroes, Xenoblade, Persona, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem for examples have sort of caught up in console quality to really challenge the series for critical acclaim and rival or surpass it in certain areas.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My Spanish teacher said "Grindr" today and I have to live the rest of my life with this information.

D

Deleted member

I killed her. Her skin is very comfortable.

Cone on MushShroob. I love wholesome and cute things! I have more depth then you people give me credit for.
Jesus Christ Snake, that's some imagery I didn't need to see at ****ing 6 in the morning

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think today might finally be the direct day.

Please, Nintendo. Give me something to think about other than the inevitable PMD spirit board.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And here I thought people would be interested in a discussion about the FF7 Remake demo.

Also I really gotta stop posting or texting while out on a walk or I walk into a lamp post again.
What happened to me two minutes ago.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And here I thought people would be interested in a discussion about the FF7 Remake demo.

Also I really gotta stop posting or texting while out on a walk or I walk into a lamp post again.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

D

Deleted member

ouch. That's gotta hurt lmao

D

Deleted member

One thing I do want to do eventually is organize my cards into binders, along with having a collection of unopened booster boxes for the STONKS. The problem of course is putting cards into binders takes forever, and my collection is ****ing massive. It would take.. like 2 days and $100 to buy all the binders and crap I need to do so.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think today might finally be the direct day.

Please, Nintendo. Give me something to think about other than the inevitable PMD spirit board.
But what if they give us mystery dungeon music with it?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So since it's the third anniversary of the switch, I have some questions for you guys.
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

I'll answer these questions:
Mario Odyssey, with DQ11 being really close behind
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Fortnite, but I used to play it on other consoles, so... Sonic Forces
Blue and Red
Regular Switch

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
So since it's the third anniversary of the switch, I have some questions for you guys.
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
You'll need to bear with me because I'm hardly a Nintendo fan, and my Switch has a very small number of games but:
Favorite; Three Houses.
Least Favorite; Either My Hero One's Justice or Onigiri, leaning towards Onigiri because of the horrible optimization
Most Played; Three Houses
Least Played; of the games I actually like, probably BotW
Joycon Colors; Smash Edition baybee
Switch Edition; Classic

D

Deleted member

Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
1) BOTW, easy
2) Unpopular, but Splatoon 2. PKM Sword and Shield is a close runner up
3) I can't check atm, but it should be a toss-up between BOTW and Smash Ulti
4) Pretty sure it's Pokemon Home uh...I'm actually not too sure.
5) Generic black, my favorite!
6) Originally used my family's Switch, but I now have a Switch Lite just for me.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
Favorite: Smash Ultimate
Least favorite: n/a. I've only played a couple games on here so it's unfair to pick.
Most played: Ultimate, at 200-250 hours atm.
Least played: Overwatch, 2 hours so far (lawl pc gang).
Color of joycons: :006: and :009:
Switch or switch lite: Regular switch

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Name one Mii fighter costume or spirit event that would be cool to have in Smash, but simultaneously disappointing because you really wanted a playable character from it in Smash. For me it would be Crash Bandicoot

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Name one Mii fighter costume or spirit event that would be cool to have in Smash, but simultaneously disappointing because you really wanted a playable character from it in Smash. For me it would be Crash Bandicoot
After the Lotus event recently, I'd probably say Excalibur or Rhino from Warframe. If either had a chance at being playable it would be Excalibur, but I really like Rhino

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Already happened.:nessecho: or Frisk were the only one of my most wanted characters I thought had a chance. Guess not...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?
Favorite game on the Switch: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Least favorite game: Fate/Extella
Most played game: I have to double check, but I know it's either Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Smash Ultimate.
Least played game: Arms
Color of Joycons: Red/Blue, though I also have a pair of black Joycons; I originally bought the Switch with the black Joycons since that was what was available at launch for me.
Switch or Switch Lite: Definitely normal Switch. I play the Switch at home most of the time these days.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Blue and Red