• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Is it a thing that they WOULD do? Maybe, maybe not. Is it the thing they SHOULD do? Absolutely yes. A new PSASBR needs to do everything it possibly can to avoid being called “worse Smash”. Meaning matching and/or beating everything ultimate does.
That’s a pretty tall order and high expectations.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
While on the subject, are there any series or crossovers of series you would like to see get a new fighting game or fighting game in general? And what style of fighter would you want it?

Since I’m not good with coming up with crossovers that don’t already exist, I’m gonna bring up my existing ideas of a Smash-style Pokémon platform fighting game and a Capcom Vs. style Sonic fighting game.
A few I would want would be......

Nintendo vs Capcom
Something like Blazblue Cross Tag Battle in which about 4/5 series are in a small crossover.
Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, Hyperdimension Neptunia and God Eater for example.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Come on Crash and come on Geno!
While on the subject, are there any series or crossovers of series you would like to see get a new fighting game or fighting game in general? And what style of fighter would you want it?

Since I’m not good with coming up with crossovers that don’t already exist, I’m gonna bring up my existing ideas of a Smash-style Pokémon platform fighting game and a Capcom Vs. style Sonic fighting game.
I want a Capcom vs style Nicktoons fighting game and a Killer Instinct style Cartoon Network fighter. I want an Xbox themed smash clone, the much coveted Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter, and a DC vs Shonen Jump fighter.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

I can think of plenty of ideas for this. One idea I shared a while ago was a game developed by NetherRealm Studios, which would use several Warner Bros. series. I'd also like to see Shonen Jump vs Nintendo that plays like Smash, or Shonen Jump vs Capcom that plays like a Capcom Vs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s a pretty tall order and high expectations.
I don’t expect the game to happen at all. And honestly, if a new PSASBR happens I don’t expect it to meet the order. But I still maintain that that’s what it needs to do in order to get people to actually like it in a world where Ultimate exists and the original got the response that it did.

D

Deleted member

*puts on nerd glasses*

I can honestly see a Buddyfight/Vanguard Fighting game in the same vein as Jump Force working well. Like, you have literal gods(more so in Buddyfight than Vanguard, but they do exist. See Messiah) and not having them fight head to head rather than through card games is a lot of potential wasted, IMO.

I can already see some movesets now, like Ranma and Vanity Husk Destroyer with his
S-BT02-0032EN.png

Or say Shinemon and Valkyrion with his

And that's just scratching the surface!

Yuga and Garga with
S-BT01-0077EN_%28Sample%29.png

as an ultimate move

Chrono Shindou with his gimmick being changing form the same way the anime does it(by riding) with Chronojet Dragon as the ace
V-TD10-002EN_(Sample).png

The list goes on and on and on and on and on...
Hell, it works better for Buddyfight because the cards there are shown to be able to pop out of nowhere from their cards, leading to easy movesets in the same vein as :ultpokemontrainer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

3 off the top of my head ahhhh Project X Zone but made into an actual fighting game. Essentially Capcom Vs Sega Vs Namco plus some Nintendo throw ins.
A steam related crossover series has so much potential, plus with Valve polish and allowing anyone who is close enough into it. The potential is limitless.
Last one? Gimme a kart racing crossover, but make it a little less random based than Mario Kart and I'm good

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So since it's the third anniversary of the switch, I have some questions for you guys.
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

I'll answer these questions:
Mario Odyssey, with DQ11 being really close behind
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Fortnite, but I used to play it on other consoles, so... Sonic Forces
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Tales of Vesperia (This is the only way I've played it, so it counts)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Standard Grey
- OG Switch

This is a fun game tbh.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I still want that Persona 5 Arena.

Also, a SEGA fighting game would be interesting but it might be hard to juggle Sonic, new franchises, old characters people know from All-Star games and any potential third parties.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So since it's the third anniversary of the switch, I have some questions for you guys.
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
Breath of the Wild
1-2-Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (I really need to play more of it)
Blue and Red
Regular

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I'd absolutely love a Disney fighter.

Ain't gonna happen in a million years, but I can dream.

Still not sure if I'd prefer it as a Smash-like or a MvC style fighter, either would be great

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I'd absolutely love a Disney fighter.

Ain't gonna happen in a million years, but I can dream.

Still not sure if I'd prefer it as a Smash-like or a MvC style fighter, either would be great
In the meanwhile, at least you can duel people in Disney Infinity... although, that game has some really dumb infinite combos, such as Zero Point Energy projectile spam in 2.0 and 3.0 (seriously, one hit and you’re doomed to be 0-deathed, there’s no escape,) and the aerial 1- aerial2 - delay until the weapon flashes - aerial 3 - repeat combo that any non-Cars character can use while holding an equipped melee weapon in 3.0 (which you can also use without the opponent even being there to rise infinitely straight up into the air, ahaha...)

Dutch Raikuna

Of all posts cause I'm really willing to show this as today March 3rd marks a very important anniversary for me. It shows my trust with a few people here.
So for DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu I hope this wholesome photo and a short story will make you smile.
A few others will hopefully like this too.
I'll tag SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and one of my favourite guys on here @JDCabrera as well because I think both of you will like this story and put a small smile on your face considering the roughness you guys have been feeling.
March3.jpg

So today six years ago something important happened to me. I was granted sort of freedom for the first time in my life. Being 17 I lived in a small town and only really allowed between home and college without an adult or to a few shops on my own.
A class was cancelled and for the first sort of time I wasn't really told what to do, even more to kill three hours. So it really was "What do I want to do?!" for the first time.
So I walked about 30-40 minutes to this cafe. I was also pretty quiet as I completed something the night before. And I ordered a hot chocolate with some shortbread.
So while listening to Final Fantasy XIII, X and Bravely Default's soundtracks, for two hours I did writing of what I really believed in as a person and my own thoughts on the world. Also wrote parts of story scenarios that in a very long period became a sort of basis of my main story years later.

Those three hours were pretty life changing to the point where I sort of celebrate that every year by going to this cafe on the same day rain or shine no matter how I far I live now.
This year as by the picture above I went there and read the novelisation of Your Name once again with a Coke and a Sausage Sandwich over an hour.
It's a mundane story but it's important to me.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
damn they really are putting vol 2's release date as march 23

the **** does it mean

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
Favourite: Breath of the Wild
Least favourite: Xenoblade 2
Most played: Fire Emblem Warriors
Least Played: Mario Maker 2
Colour: Grey
Launch Switch

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?
Smash Bros.
Xenoblade 2
Smash Bros. (150-ish hours)
Mario Odyssey (30 hours)
Grey
I'd be ****ing insane to get the Switch Lite

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still want that Persona 5 Arena.

Also, a SEGA fighting game would be interesting but it might be hard to juggle Sonic, new franchises, old characters people know from All-Star games and any potential third parties.
That’s why I’m only working on a dedicated Sonic fighting game with a few guest characters like NiGHTS, Segata, Joker and Mega Man.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I'd probably buy PSABR2, even if it didn't have as big a roster as Ultimate. I've had a Playstation as my co-console for 2 generations now, so there's enough memories of games to get attached to a PS roster.

They just need to fix up the gameplay a bit. Killing with only specials is a touch stale. Also, as much as I like the mashup idea for stages, having just pure stages would allow the individual series to shine a bit more.

Honestly, the only thing a sequel needs to be successful is for Sony to put some faith in it and actually give the developers full support and a good budget. Make it a real flagship title, not just a curio.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman

A Persona fighting game that features characters from all games would be dope as hell. Hopefully made by ArcSystemworks

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I'd probably buy PSABR2, even if it didn't have as big a roster as Ultimate. I've had a Playstation as my co-console for 2 generations now, so there's enough memories of games to get attached to a PS roster.

They just need to fix up the gameplay a bit. Killing with only specials is a touch stale. Also, as much as I like the mashup idea for stages, having just pure stages would allow the individual series to shine a bit more.

Honestly, the only thing a sequel needs to be successful is for Sony to put some faith in it and actually give the developers full support and a good budget. Make it a real flagship title, not just a curio.
except the advertising though, sony really killed it with the advertising for that game

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my god! I'm almost done with the Living Dex! Someone help a brother out! I need a Slurpuff. I got the Swirlix with the item. Can one of yall please do a tradeback trade with me really quick?

Edit: Actually, instead of wasting the item, I'm gonna just farm the den Slurpuff is in. It's not too rare.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Of all posts cause I'm really willing to show this as today March 3rd marks a very important anniversary for me. It shows my trust with a few people here.
So for DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu I hope this wholesome photo and a short story will make you smile.
A few others will hopefully like this too.
I'll tag SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and one of my favourite guys on here @JDCabrera as well because I think both of you will like this story and put a small smile on your face considering the roughness you guys have been feeling.
View attachment 264583
So today six years ago something important happened to me. I was granted sort of freedom for the first time in my life. Being 17 I lived in a small town and only really allowed between home and college without an adult or to a few shops on my own.
A class was cancelled and for the first sort of time I wasn't really told what to do, even more to kill three hours. So it really was "What do I want to do?!" for the first time.
So I walked about 30-40 minutes to this cafe. I was also pretty quiet as I completed something the night before. And I ordered a Hot Chocolate with some shortbread.
So while listening to Final Fantasy XIII, X and Bravely Default's soundtracks, for two hours I did writing of what I really believed in as a person and my own thoughts on the world. Also wrote parts of story scenarios that in a very long period became a sort of basis of my main story years later.

Those three hours were pretty life changing to the point where I sort of celebrate that every year by going to this cafe on the same day rain or shine no matter how I far I live now.
This year as by the picture above I went there and read the novelisation of Your Name once again with a Coke and a Sausage Sandwich over an hour.
It's a mundane story but it's important to me.
Pretty wholesome story you got there, kinda wish I had a moment like that in my life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are quite a few actually:
Shonen Jump deserves better than being stuck with those cheap, generic Spike/Bamco arena brawlers. Bring back the Superstars/Ultimate Stars series from the DS. And while at it, bring back Black Cat, that series had nothing in J-Stars nor Jump Force, even Pyu to Fuku Jaguar had an assist in J-Stars.

Staying with anime for the second crossover I'd like to see, a new Dengeki Bunko fighting game, but this time either ditch Sega or make it a full blown DBxSega crossover, not this weird mix Fighting Climax had with Dengeki characters and Sega stages. Even weirder when they added two Sega characters as playable in the console release with Selveria and Akira. It just felt like a weird and unfocused mix. Also make Kino playable and don't have her stuck as support.

Thinking about it, something like Dengeki vs Shonen Jump also sounds quite interesting.

Besides that, there's the usual: Capcom vs Nintendo, Capcom vs Kellogg's, Nintendo vs Sega, anything SNK, etc.

Dutch Raikuna

Saying about PSABR, I would place that in the same category as others like Death Stranding, Crazy Taxi and Resonance of Fate.

Great experiments but just OK games.
It had stuff going for it like half the roster, an opening movie that rivaled Smash, custom intros and stuff, the rivals system but felt really barebones. A good base to build upon.

If there was a sequel, really should be made with a bigger budget and more risk taking in a sense.
Rework the special meter, make the gameplay faster and tighter, expand the rivals system as that was one of it's strongest points etc.
Add Team Ico reps too.

There are quite a few actually:
Staying with anime for the second crossover I'd like to see, a new Dengeki Bunko fighting game, but this time either ditch Sega or make it a full blown DBxSega crossover, not this weird mix Fighting Climax had with Dengeki characters and Sega stages. Even weirder when they added two Sega characters as playable in the console release with Selveria and Akira. It just felt like a weird and unfocused mix. Also make Kino playable and don't have her stuck as support.
*See's Kino*
You have my respect friend. Fighting Climax was an underrated fighting game for the Vita and like PSABR had a really good base to work on.
Also it needed Devil is a Part Timer characters playable, if it was made today and somehow make more Slice of Life anime thrown in the game, make someone from Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai a fighter. Why? Cause I loved the anime.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

I'd like to see another attempt at a Cartoon Network fighting game that isn't ripping off of Smash. I did a game concept on this once that's based around 3D arena gameplay with mechanics inspired by certain other games.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'd like to see another attempt at a Cartoon Network fighting game that isn't ripping off of Smash. I did a game concept on this once that's based around 3D arena gameplay with mechanics inspired by certain other games.
I'd like that too, maybe this time they mix in a few modern cartoons along with the old ones. Also fix some of the voices, Chowder and Mac in that game hurt my ears lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As long as we get the possibility of seeing Samurai Jack dueling with Pearl, I’m all for it.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Man if they made a new cn fighting game with steven universe i'd buy that in a heartbeat lol.
Or better yet, a steven universe fighting game. Heck now I wanna design that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom