• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not yet, not sure how he’d play yet, at the least he’d be a costume but I’m not against the possibility of him playable.

Concerned German Shepards are concerned and here for you.
View attachment 264587View attachment 264588
Considering Sonic replaced him and he comes from the same source material as friggin DragonBall, I’m sure there’s plenty to do with him.
As long as we get the possibility of seeing Samurai Jack dueling with Pearl, I’m all for it.
See. One of the reasons I fear CN crossovers now is the fact that Jack kind of needs to be there, but he’s been since using the Adult Swim branding over the CN branding. And while the two are the same company (adult swim shows are trademarked by CN for Christ’s sake) I worry that the execs wouldn’t want an “adult franchise” in a “kids game” and Jack would be excluded, pretty much dooming the game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Man if they made a new cn fighting game with steven universe i'd buy that in a heartbeat lol.
Or better yet, a steven universe fighting game. Heck now I wanna design that.
As a fan of the show, I don’t see the roster being too impressive on its own than it would be with CN as a whole.

D

Deleted member

*See's Kino*
You have my respect friend. Fighting Climax was an underrated fighting game for the Vita and like PSABR had a really good base to work on.
Also it needed Devil is a Part Timer characters playable, if it was made today and somehow make more Slice of Life anime thrown in the game, make someone from Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai a fighter. Why? Cause I loved the anime.
I admit I'm still bitter even after all those years that Kino is just a support yet Kirino and basketball loli are playable. Even worse because she was playable in the Dengeki Gakuen RPG...thing where she was part of my team.

As for Bunny Girl, I've heard of it, but I'm admittedly very much out of the loop when it comes to modern franchises. I mean, I've been meaning to watch Durarara for years and still haven't done it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
See. One of the reasons I fear CN crossovers now is the fact that Jack kind of needs to be there, but he’s been since using the Adult Swim branding over the CN branding. And while the two are the same company (adult swim shows are trademarked by CN for Christ’s sake) I worry that the execs wouldn’t want an “adult franchise” in a “kids game” and Jack would be excluded, pretty much dooming the game.
Samurai Jack is popular but I don't see a CN game bombing just because it doesn't have him.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think if they kept to his Season 1-4 iteration, he should be fine.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They won't. PMD, great as it is, is destined to get nothing more than four spirits at most.
I know and it feels so bad. The soundtrack is amazing, a hidden highlands, rainbow step, temporal tower scrolling stage would be amazing too.

It baffles me how it’s the only Pokémon spinoff to survive and sell well and we can even get music from it. It’s considered a big enough series that’s it’s getting remakes now that. That’s crazy, I wish we had content from it in smash

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I admit I'm still bitter even after all those years that Kino is just a support yet Kirino and basketball loli are playable. Even worse because she was playable in the Dengeki Gakuen RPG...thing where she was part of my team.
In an ideal world I would love a Kino's Journey AAA game. About 30 small towns, about 30 major quests, all divided up and there own story. And Kino moves on to the next one. Vague opening and ending of a traveler.

In case I didn't mention before, I absolutely love the character and the anime. A lifestyle I would love to have.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering Sonic replaced him and he comes from the same source material as friggin DragonBall, I’m sure there’s plenty to do with him.

if Nintendo can handle M Rated characters in Smash, and if Disney can handle Marvel specially, I don't see Samurai Jack being in another CN crossover being a problem

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Today would have been the perfect day to announce a direct for the anniversary of switch

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
You have my respect friend. Fighting Climax was an underrated fighting game for the Vita and like PSABR had a really good base to work on.
Also it needed Devil is a Part Timer characters playable, if it was made today and somehow make more Slice of Life anime thrown in the game, make someone from Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai a fighter. Why? Cause I loved the anime.
The Bunny Girl Senpai character would most likely be Mai, though I'd hope it could get two characters, so Futaba could be added too.

Taiga from Toradora would certainly come back, and she'd probably be my main too. The other series from Dengeki Bunko with an anime I've seen is Heavy Object, but I didn't like it, so I wouldn't care for it getting representation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Be a shame to lack a playable Ashi, but I suppose that would work.
if Nintendo can handle M Rated characters in Smash, and if Disney can handle Marvel specially, I don't see Samurai Jack being in another CN crossover being a problem
You just worry sometimes. Stupider reasons have been given for corporate actions.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh that reminds me, I still wanna see if I can work on designs of college age CN characters for my idea of a CN University show. (The place would be called Crossroad Nexus University in universe)

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 i know you were iffy on the show, but I wanted to say that I had an idea for a program called C.U.F.F.S.S. (Crossroad University Fighting Force of Superhuman Students) that would train and utilize the students signed up for it (not just the ones with powers but also ones with weapon, fighting and other useful skills like Finn, Connie, Dexter, Nigel, etc.) as well as fight against any villainous forces. I think it’d be safe to say half the show would be focused on the program and its students.

D

Deleted member

In an ideal world I would love a Kino's Journey AAA game. About 30 small towns, about 30 major quests, all divided up and there own story. And Kino moves on to the next one. Vague opening and ending of a traveler.

In case I didn't mention before, I absolutely love the character and the anime. A lifestyle I would love to have.
I really like Kino, too, As much as I like action and comedy (and explosions), sometimes you just prefer something more subdued. It also helps that, despite Kino being the main character, she's actually more of a passive observer (unless there's no other choice) and the focus lies mostly on whatever town she's in and its customs. I really wish the series would be more popular.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh that reminds me, I still wanna see if I can work on designs of college age CN characters for my idea of a CN University show. (The place would be called Crossroad Nexus University in universe)

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 i know you were iffy on the show, but I wanted to say that I had an idea for a program called C.U.F.F.S.S. (Crossroad University Fighting Force of Superhuman Students) that would train and utilize the students signed up for it (not just the ones with powers but also ones with weapon, fighting and other useful skills like Finn, Connie, Dexter, Nigel, etc.) as well as fight against any villainous forces. I think it’d be safe to say half the show would be focused on the program and its students.
It feels like a pitch for like.... a successful fan made web comic. Not anything that would ever work on tv. It just feels too fanfic-ey.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Transferred all of the Living Dex, except Zacian, Silvally and Eternatus, into Home.

Zamazenta and Type: Null are the last two Pokemon I need for a perfect, Living PokeDex.

Hard work pays off.
46f90b02ba29dd8a9badd4bda835fe5b.png

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And your idea for a straight up superhero school for the CN cast is any less fanfic sounding?
My idea isn’t about a school. It’s just a straight superhero team up show ala Justice League. I would never trust school tropes. It’s kids show poison. Kids wanna escape the tedium of the classroom. Seeing their favorite characters going through the exact same thing they do would be so depressing. My concept plays with the worlds a they exist, and all aspects of each original show. Not transposing them into a new setting to fit generic anime archetypes and storylines.

Shroob

Sup?
My idea isn’t about a school. It’s just a straight superhero team up show ala Justice League. I would never trust school tropes. It’s kids show poison. Kids wanna escape the tedium of the classroom. Seeing their favorite characters going through the exact same thing they do would be so depressing. My concept plays with the worlds a they exist, and all aspects of each original show. Not transposing them into a new setting to fit generic anime archetypes and storylines.
So we gonna just ignore Recess was a mega popular show or...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I really like Kino, too, As much as I like action and comedy (and explosions), sometimes you just prefer something more subdued. It also helps that, despite Kino being the main character, she's actually more of a passive observer (unless there's no other choice) and the focus lies mostly on whatever town she's in and its customs. I really wish the series would be more popular.
You really hit the night on the head Taigiry. Kino is the main character but she's more of a neutral party to everything unless needed. She's got a good personality and really great design.
For me Kino sums two sayings to me:
1. "Go where the wind takes you."
2. "The world is not beautiful therefore it is."

For me Kino's Journey sums up that nomadic way of life that I would to love to have. There are some basic things in this world I'll never understand and I wish I could have that passive observer to things instead being tagged as this or this or that if you know what I mean.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You’re right. It also bombed because of the graphics not being perfect because everyone knows it’s okay to judge a book buy its cover.
A game's graphics aren't its cover. You're talking about a ****ty font and page design.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So we gonna just ignore Recess was a mega popular show or...
Never watched it growing up and never heard any other kids talk about it despite it still being on when I was small. Honestly looking back I understand it was a quality show, but I know as a kid it’s a show I would have flipped past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom