• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
provided Sony actually gets a good roster?

I'd be pumped
How about this roster?
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. King K. Rool
  10. Link
  11. Princess Peach
  12. Ganondorf
  13. Samus Aran
  14. Ridley
  15. Kirby
  16. Meta-Knight
  17. King Dedede
  18. Fox McCloud
  19. Pikachu
  20. Mewtwo
  21. Pokemon Trainer
  22. Captain Falcon
  23. Ness
  24. Ice Climbers
  25. Marth
  26. Ike
  27. Mr. Game & Watch
  28. Pit
  29. Palutena
  30. R.O.N.
  31. Isabelle
  32. Wii Fit Trainer
  33. Inkling
  34. Chorus Kids
  35. Sonic the Hedgehog
  36. Bayonetta
  37. Mega Man
  38. Ryu
  39. Simon Belmont
  40. Solid Snake
  41. Pac-Man
  42. Terra Branford
  43. The Hero
  44. Banjo-Kazooie
  45. DLC
    1. Captain Olimar
    2. Duck Hunt
    3. Shulk
    4. Spring Man
    5. Euden
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Kratos
  4. Atreus
  5. Zeus
  6. Parappa the Rapper
  7. Ratchet and Clank
  8. Captain Qwark
  9. Dr. Nefarious
  10. Jak and Daxter
  11. Keira Hagai
  12. Baron Praxis
  13. Sweet Tooth
  14. Calypso
  15. Fat Princess
  16. Nathan Drake
  17. Cole MacGrath
  18. Sackboy
  19. Sir Daniel Fortesque
  20. Zarok
  21. Spike
  22. Spectre
  23. Sly Cooper
  24. Colonel Radec
  25. Toro Inoue
  26. Aloy
  27. Lady Maria
  28. Sofia de la Rente
  29. Joel and Ellie
  30. Q*Bert
  31. Robbit
  32. Dart Feld
  33. Deacon St. John
  34. Big Daddy
  35. Isaac Clarke
  36. Joker
  37. Abe
  38. Dante
  39. Jill Valentine
  40. Alucard
  41. Raiden
  42. Heihachi Mishima
  43. Cloud Strife
  44. Lara Croft
  45. Master Chief
  46. DLC
    1. Wander
    2. Knack
    3. Rudy Roughknight
    4. Kat and Dusty
    5. Nariko

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
How about this roster?
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. King K. Rool
  10. Link
  11. Princess Peach
  12. Ganondorf
  13. Samus Aran
  14. Ridley
  15. Kirby
  16. Meta-Knight
  17. King Dedede
  18. Fox McCloud
  19. Pikachu
  20. Mewtwo
  21. Pokemon Trainer
  22. Captain Falcon
  23. Ness
  24. Ice Climbers
  25. Marth
  26. Ike
  27. Mr. Game & Watch
  28. Pit
  29. Palutena
  30. R.O.N.
  31. Isabelle
  32. Wii Fit Trainer
  33. Inkling
  34. Chorus Kids
  35. Sonic the Hedgehog
  36. Bayonetta
  37. Mega Man
  38. Ryu
  39. Simon Belmont
  40. Solid Snake
  41. Pac-Man
  42. Terra Branford
  43. The Hero
  44. Banjo-Kazooie
  45. DLC
    1. Captain Olimar
    2. Duck Hunt
    3. Shulk
    4. Spring Man
    5. Euden
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Kratos
  4. Atreus
  5. Zeus
  6. Parappa the Rapper
  7. Ratchet and Clank
  8. Captain Qwark
  9. Dr. Nefarious
  10. Jak and Daxter
  11. Keira Hagai
  12. Baron Praxis
  13. Sweet Tooth
  14. Calypso
  15. Fat Princess
  16. Nathan Drake
  17. Cole MacGrath
  18. Sackboy
  19. Sir Daniel Fortesque
  20. Zarok
  21. Spike
  22. Spectre
  23. Sly Cooper
  24. Colonel Radec
  25. Toro Inoue
  26. Aloy
  27. Lady Maria
  28. Sofia de la Rente
  29. Joel and Ellie
  30. Q*Bert
  31. Robbit
  32. Dart Feld
  33. Deacon St. John
  34. Big Daddy
  35. Isaac Clarke
  36. Joker
  37. Abe
  38. Dante
  39. Jill Valentine
  40. Alucard
  41. Raiden
  42. Heihachi Mishima
  43. Cloud Strife
  44. Lara Croft
  45. Master Chief
  46. DLC
    1. Wander
    2. Knack
    3. Rudy Roughknight
    4. Kat and Dusty
    5. Nariko
Eh, there are some legacy PSASBR characters that really have no reason to even exist in the game like Fat Princess, Radec, and Nariko because they were just flash in the pan additions. Chief being here is also weird seeing as he's a Microsoft character, and there are far too few Infamous characters for my liking.

Also, and this is all personal preference, but New Kratos, Atreus, and Aloy should be forgotten to time

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eh, there are some legacy PSASBR characters that really have no reason to even exist in the game like Fat Princess, Radec, and Nariko because they were just flash in the pan additions. Chief being here is also weird seeing as he's a Microsoft character, and there are far too few Infamous characters for my liking.

Also, and this is all personal preference, but New Kratos, Atreus, and Aloy should be forgotten to time
This was not the response I was expecting.

Chief is there because Banjo’s on the Nintendo side.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
This was not the response I was expecting.

Chief is there because Banjo’s on the Nintendo side.
Sorry, I'm an opinionated curmudgeon on matters of Sony representation because I've been playing on PlayStation for most of my life :laugh:

I think for the most part you hit the nail on the head, there are just characters that I really think have no place anymore because of how their series just fizzled out, and unfortunately that would be Killzone, whatever game Nariko is from again, and Horizon

Infamous probably counts as that too, but it's also the best superhero game ever made and the fact that we haven't gotten anything after First Light is disappointing

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Snake a question. If Mortal Kombat vs. Injustice were to happen and you had it your way what would your roster be DLC included.
Super Smash Bros x PlayStation All-Stars.

Reguardless of the dauntless odds against such a thing existing, how would you react if it was announced?
Really hyped. Kratos and King K. Rool (If not him nor Ridley weren't in then Bowser) would be my mains.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So since it's the third anniversary of the switch, I have some questions for you guys.
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

I'll answer these questions:
Mario Odyssey, with DQ11 being really close behind
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Fortnite, but I used to play it on other consoles, so... Sonic Forces
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
Favourite? Smash Bros. Ultimate. Admittedly, I'm a casual Smash player, but aside from some of the extra modes feeling a little shoehorned in (mostly the stuff added through updates like VR and Home Run Contest - there's not much motivating me to play them), this is pretty much the perfect Smash game in my eyes, with only a few minor issues (I miss the descriptions and game lists that came with trophies)

Least Favourite? Sonic Forces. The game had its moments, though Classic Sonic felt shoehorned in, the first two-thirds of the game had extremely simple/straightforward level design, and the music was mostly forgettable, which seems like a crime in a Sonic game. Also, Classic Sonic's music was terrible - no idea how that happened - and the final boss wasn't as great as the final bosses of games like Sonic Colours or Sonic Lost World.

Most Played? Smash Bros. Ultimate. Not sure how many hours I've put into it, but it's more than 114 (which is the time for my second-most-played game, Dragon Quest XI).

Least Played? It's a four-way tie between River City Girls (I just bought it, and I want to beat some of the games in the River City Ransom/Double Dragon collection first), Doom 3 (I just bought it, and I want to beat Doom 2 first), Final Fantasy X and X-2 (I want to beat Final Fantasy IX first), and Bloodroots (I just bought it).

Colour of Joycons? Red and Blue, though my left joycon drifts so I just stick with the pro controller

Switch or Switch Lite? Switch - got it on launch day, though I wasn't expecting that I'd be able to get one. (I had been planning to get Breath of the Wild for the Wii U, since I assumed that all of the Switches would either be reserved or bought immediately - thankfully, that wasn't the case)

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Is it worth getting a PS4 in 2020, and what price should I probably get for it? I'm thinking about getting one because I dusted off my PS3 and played with it yesterday. There's still a ton of titles coming out for the PS4, and it's apparently going to be crossplat with PS5. Question is if I should get one now and trade it in towards PS5 when it comes out, or just wait for the PS5.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was gonna reply to something last night, but I lost my train of thought because I ran into a shiny Gmax Hatterene after just joining random raids.

So since it's the third anniversary of the switch, I have some questions for you guys.
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?
Fav: Splatoon 2, honorary shoutout to Pokken Tournament DX and obviously Smash
Least fav: Tetris 99
Most played: Smash Ultimate just edging out Splatoon 2, though I think at the rate it's going, Pokemon Sword will overtake it by the time the expansion drops.
Least played: Not counting various demos, testwhatevers/beta or alphas, Cuphead. Meaning to fix that once the update drops.
Color of Joycons: Neon pink and green
Switch model: Vanilla, though I'm being gifted a Switch Lite soon. Gonna share it with my sister so that we can play Animal Crossing/have our own islands.

Some disclaimers:

-Have BotW on Wii U as I didn't buy my Switch until just before Splatoon 2 came out. Similarly anything I have on other systems (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokken DX, Hyrule Warriors Definitive edition, and OW) I have very obviously had more combined playtime on Wii U (plus Xbox One for OW, and counting 3DS for HWL)
-My Switch came with neon red/blue joy cons that I more or less retired, and I got an extra red (L) joy con that I keep undocked for taking quick screenshots.
-Tetris 99 gives me the big salt/anxiety, and it's saying a lot by being the least favorite on technicality due to not wanting to pay for offline solo stuff.
-All of these categories are formalities as Super Metroid on the SNES Online games is the actual best game, up until Metroid Prime comes out next decade. :samus:

Name one Mii fighter costume or spirit event that would be cool to have in Smash, but simultaneously disappointing because you really wanted a playable character from it in Smash.
Dark Samus.

I love her current inclusion, but having Mii Gunner's forward smash + potentially coming with a song (her theme being the most unforgiveable exclusion in the game) would at least leave me less sad that they didn't make her as different as other echo fighters (even using the Smash 4 assist trophy moves would suffice).

If that for whatever reason doesn't count or isn't satisfying as an answer, keep an eye out for a front page article coming soon(tm) for my true choice.

For me it would be Crash Bandicoot
I feel like as much as Crash needs to be playable if he's gonna be included at all, it's gotta be a package deal.

They absolutely have to have the Mii outfit and reference this in the reveal trailer:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, I'm an opinionated curmudgeon on matters of Sony representation because I've been playing on PlayStation for most of my life :laugh:

I think for the most part you hit the nail on the head, there are just characters that I really think have no place anymore because of how their series just fizzled out, and unfortunately that would be Killzone, whatever game Nariko is from again, and Horizon

Infamous probably counts as that too, but it's also the best superhero game ever made and the fact that we haven't gotten anything after First Light is disappointing
To be fair, PlayStation still uses Horizon in their marketing and there will probably be a new installment on PS5. It was a pretty late cycle release. I’m pretty sure Killzone is still putting out new installments too.

Mainly though, I brought them back because I played all-stars to death and love every one of its characters a lot. Radec is a really memorable villain to me now. Fat princess is so adorkable. And Nariko is a badass (and my main). Andd dc I think of Nintendo is allowed to have weird one offs and extinct characters like Wii-Fit Trainer and Captain Falcon, then I think PlayStation can indulge in a handful of stranger picks.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Is it worth getting a PS4 in 2020, and what price should I probably get for it? I'm thinking about getting one because I dusted off my PS3 and played with it yesterday. There's still a ton of titles coming out for the PS4, and it's apparently going to be crossplat with PS5. Question is if I should get one now and trade it in towards PS5 when it comes out, or just wait for the PS5.
As it stands right now, the PS5 has like 1 exclusive coming to it that nothing else (except EGS, of course) has: Godfall

If you can miss Godfall and get a ~$100-200 refurbished PS4, I would highly recommend it because the exclusives on that system are pretty great. Bloodborne and Persona 5 are both being sold at like $20 all the time and are the only games I would honestly say are must haves if you own a PlayStation

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was gonna reply to something last night, but I lost my train of thought because I ran into a shiny Gmax Hatterene after just joining random raids.

Fav: Splatoon 2, honorary shoutout to Pokken Tournament DX and obviously Smash
Least fav: Tetris 99
Most played: Smash Ultimate just edging out Splatoon 2, though I think at the rate it's going, Pokemon Sword will overtake it by the time the expansion drops.
Least played: Not counting various demos, testwhatevers/beta or alphas, Cuphead. Meaning to fix that once the update drops.
Color of Joycons: Neon pink and green
Switch model: Vanilla, though I'm being gifted a Switch Lite soon. Gonna share it with my sister so that we can play Animal Crossing/have our own islands.

Some disclaimers:

-Have BotW on Wii U as I didn't buy my Switch until just before Splatoon 2 came out. Similarly anything I have on other systems (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokken DX, Hyrule Warriors Definitive edition, and OW) I have very obviously had more combined playtime on Wii U (plus Xbox One for OW, and counting 3DS for HWL)
-My Switch came with neon red/blue joy cons that I more or less retired, and I got an extra red (L) joy con that I keep undocked for taking quick screenshots.
-Tetris 99 gives me the big salt/anxiety, and it's saying a lot by being the least favorite on technicality due to not wanting to pay for offline solo stuff.
-All of these categories are formalities as Super Metroid on the SNES Online games is the actual best game, up until Metroid Prime comes out next decade. :samus:

Dark Samus.

I love her current inclusion, but having Mii Gunner's forward smash + potentially coming with a song (her theme being the most unforgiveable exclusion in the game) would at least leave me less sad that they didn't make her as different as other echo fighters (even using the Smash 4 assist trophy moves would suffice).

If that for whatever reason doesn't count or isn't satisfying as an answer, keep an eye out for a front page article coming soon(tm) for my true choice.

I feel like as much as Crash needs to be playable if he's gonna be included at all, it's gotta be a package deal.

They absolutely have to have the Mii outfit and reference this in the reveal trailer:

I would love it is Sakurai references that commercial (and the Smash 64 commercial simultaneous). But it would require him to know about both and like the idea enough to think it’s worth it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If you can, I'd wait for the PS5. It's backwards compatible, so you won't be missing out on anything, and you can also play the new PS5 games. That's my plan, anyways.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As it stands right now, the PS5 has like 1 exclusive coming to it that nothing else (except EGS, of course) has: Godfall

If you can miss Godfall and get a ~$100-200 refurbished PS4, I would highly recommend it because the exclusives on that system are pretty great. Bloodborne and Persona 5 are both being sold at like $20 all the time and are the only games I would honestly say are must haves if you own a PlayStation
I’m not upgrading to next gen until there are at least three games on one of them that I want to buy and play. If nothing on the launch lineup grabs me, then it will just go on my Christmas list.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>catching Pokemon with repeat balls for Living PokeDex
>Wishiwashi appears
>throws ball
>miss
>weakens Wishiwashi
>miss
>False Swipes and puts to sleep Wishiwashi
>29 misses later, I finally catch it

Thank god I have over 900 repeat balls.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lukewarm take, but the best part of Pokemon isn't battling nor catching.

It's the team building aspect. It is really fun building a team that clicks with you, and being able to customize their moves to your preference, which, given the scope of how much there is in bith mons and moves, makes you a one in a kind trainer. Like, it's unlikely someone has the exact same mons with the exact same moves that you have.

In a way, I guess that relates to catching, but I don't really go on crazy catching sprees until after I beat the game.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I’m not upgrading to next gen until there are at least three games on one of them that I want to buy and play. If nothing on the launch lineup grabs me, then it will just go on my Christmas list.
Godfall is a looty shooty (looty slashy!) and I really like those so I'm a little inclined

Y'all I got shot down can I get an f in the chat lol
here's an F bro, rise up

Lukewarm take, but the best part of Pokemon isn't battling nor catching.

It's the team building aspect. It is really fun building a team that clicks with you, and being able to customize their moves to your preference, which, given the scope of how much there is in bith mons and moves, makes you a one in a kind trainer. Like, it's unlikely someone has the exact same mons with the exact same moves that you have.

In a way, I guess that relates to catching, but I don't really go on crazy catching sprees until after I beat the game.
Exactly! Somebody else who agrees!

EDIT: Doublepost, apologies

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?

I'll answer these questions:
Mario Odyssey, with DQ11 being really close behind
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Fortnite, but I used to play it on other consoles, so... Sonic Forces
Blue and Red
Regular Switch
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Sonic Forces
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Freedom Planet (not because I dislike it but other games keep grabbing my attention instead)
- Left Joycon is the Hori Zelda D-pad and the right one is gray
- Regular Switch

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?
Scribblenauts Unlimited
I like all the ones I have, but I think Pokemon Shield would be my least favorite.
Not sure. Maybe SMITE.
Kirby Star Allies. I got it for Christmas and haven't played it all yet.
Gray
Switch

D

Deleted member

Buying a booster box for $10 nani des ca
Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 10.19.33 AM.png

I mean, I know why that's the case, but damn that's a steal! Booster box collection here I come :dazwa:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?
Impossible to answer since Animal Crossing isn’t out yet.

I do not buy crap games.

Breath of the Wild or possibly Stardew..... Animal Crossing will likely change that.

Cave Story.

Blue and Red/Grey

Classic Day One Switch

D

Deleted member

Broke: do actual research for my mock trial project

Woke: BINGE WATCH ALL THE ACE ATTORNEY CASES because surely that will help, right? (spoiler, it does not help)

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Do you guys want to make mock rosters for a reboot of Playstation all stars? Maybe 25 plus 5 dlc characters

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys want to make mock rosters for a reboot of Playstation all stars? Maybe 25 plus 5 dlc characters
I mean, sure. My only trouble is thta a lot of the characters from PSASBR are no longer relevant to PlayStation now except with, go figure, PlayStation Now

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Agh I don't want to push it too much, maybe brawl levels with 36 plus some dlc

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Favorite Game on Switch?
Least Favorite Game?
Most played game?
Least Played Game?
Color of Joycons?
Switch or Switch Lite?
Favourite Game......probably Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Least Favourite, probably Rime

Most played is definitely Civilization VI. About 400 hours.
Least played is Valkyria Chronicles 1. Beat it on PS4 and wanted to play it on the go. Never did.
Joycon colours are green and red.
Switch. Have a custom back sticker made for it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While on the subject, are there any series or crossovers of series you would like to see get a new fighting game or fighting game in general? And what style of fighter would you want it?

Since I’m not good with coming up with crossovers that don’t already exist, I’m gonna bring up my existing ideas of a Smash-style Pokémon platform fighting game and a Capcom Vs. style Sonic fighting game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Smash took years to build up its roster though, I feel like pumping that many characters in at the same time isn't a thing that they would do
Is it a thing that they WOULD do? Maybe, maybe not. Is it the thing they SHOULD do? Absolutely yes. A new PSASBR needs to do everything it possibly can to avoid being called “worse Smash”. Meaning matching and/or beating everything ultimate does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom