• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My idea isn’t about a school. It’s just a straight superhero team up show ala Justice League. I would never trust school tropes. It’s kids show poison. Kids wanna escape the tedium of the classroom. Seeing their favorite characters going through the exact same thing they do would be so depressing. My concept plays with the worlds a they exist, and all aspects of each original show. Not transposing them into a new setting to fit generic anime archetypes and storylines.
I was moreso intending this for an older audience, for the people who grew up alongside CN (though i understand that it’s a bit more niche than I would like) and the college based aspects would have more freedom than high school and would have an Animal House feel. I have all aspects of the original shows and their respective worlds just aged up more, and they’re not stuck at the university either, and the show would be fueled more on the characters and their interactions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*reads what I missed in the thread*

200.gif

Nope, not getting involved in this today. I mean I don't really get what Snake's going on about, but i'm a bit afraid to ask

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was moreso intending this for an older audience, for the people who grew up alongside CN (though i understand that it’s a bit more niche than I would like) and the college based aspects would have more freedom than high school and would have an Animal House feel. I have all aspects of the original shows and their respective worlds just aged up more, and they’re not stuck at the university either, and the show would be fueled more on the characters and their interactions.
Honestly, that just kind of makes it worse imo. I grew up with those characters, and seeing them go through the hell that is college like I am right now would probably make me depressed.

D

Deleted member

I have finally saved up enough money to buy both PMDDX and AC:NH.:grin:

Once I buy those two games, I’l be all set for the year!
.....Unless the rumours of a new Paper Mario in the old style are true.
....and/or if the second Fighters Pass has characters I care about.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Btw, if anyone has a Melmetal I could borrow for its dex entry that would be much appreciated. It's literally the last one I'm missing.
You really hit the night on the head Taigiry. Kino is the main character but she's more of a neutral party to everything unless needed. She's got a good personality and really great design.
For me Kino sums two sayings to me:
1. "Go where the wind takes you."
2. "The world is not beautiful therefore it is."

For me Kino's Journey sums up that nomadic way of life that I would to love to have. There are some basic things in this world I'll never understand and I wish I could have that passive observer to things instead being tagged as this or this or that if you know what I mean.
Come to think of it, was it ever revealed what Kino's real name is? I know it wasn't in the first anime.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, that just kind of makes it worse imo. I grew up with those characters, and seeing them go through the hell that is college like I am right now would probably make me depressed.
If you look at it another way, someone could see their heroes going through and working through and exceeding at the same things they go through, whether straight up or metaphorically could be motivational to them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I apologize. I'm a little too hyped up due to being one Pokemon close to having the entire Living Dex of the Galar region. If I'm coming off as a jerk, it's not intentional.

D

Deleted member

Yeah uh, I see butt ghosts, I leave. See ya'll in a bit, I got organizing to do anyway in preparation to start collecting booster boxes(eventually)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All of you are saying "Butt Ghost", while me, the true intellectual, know what his true name is.

Ahem, ahem....

D6QnZzqWsAELrYo.jpg

GHOST. ASS.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
If you look at it another way, someone could see their heroes going through and working through and exceeding at the same things they go through, whether straight up or metaphorically could be motivational to them.
Or if you look at it another another way, some people really enjoyed the college experience. One of my favorite stretches in life so far.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I know that CNU idea is goofy, i just thought it’d be fun to think about. I think I’m gonna stop talking about it. Especially since I have my own original projects I should be working on.
I thought it was a neat idea

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Or if you look at it another another way, some people really enjoyed the college experience. One of my favorite stretches in life so far.
I think that entire idea is me trying to compensate for the university experiences I missed out on going to art school instead. As well as an excuse to work on different artstyles

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

. Especially since I have my own original projects I should be working on.
It's not exactly "Original" but I have stuff I want to do that isn't my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon weird-ass crossover fanfiction

In particular, I have a particular idea for making a Smash Reveal but actually no(you'll see what I mean if I ever get Blender to ****ing work)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I never got that. That kind of feels like “even my heroes aren’t safe from this hell hole” type thing. I don’t know where motivation comes from, but at least in my experience, it’s never come from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom