• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm letting myself be spoiled on some of the new Pokémon, but not all of them. Plus I'm avoiding story spoilers completely. But with the little amount of news we have, I need at least some spoilers to keep myself going.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Its not like anyone here has ever used spoiler tags while talking about Smash leaks before, and as much as I like tearing apart the bad ones that's still always really bothered me.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
To be honest though, I think some of you need to cut @Bolderousness some slack. I doubt he posted (possible) spoilers on Noi's profile just to be a douche. Noi said he wouldn't fall for any tricks, and he probably took that as a challenge. He clearly wasn't thinking of other users who didn't want to be spoiled at the time when he posted that. Besides, Bolderous promised Noi that he'd buy and play SwSh if Noi could survive without spoilers, despite having very strong negative feelings about the game. Clearly he's doing this partly for Noi too.

I dunno. I just feel like this thread overreacted and might've been a bit harsh. I don't even think Noipoi himself would've reacted so aggressively, even if he fell for it.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That's not the point. We also have many lurkers and guests who may also not wish to be spoiled. Maybe not the crowd you might care about, but I think we can do this for them, too.
Emphasis on “that we knew.” Personally I don’t post untagged spoilers since I never know who’s watching, but I’m more so referring to the thread in general.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Random thought:

Pikachu libre and Notched ear Pichu are different characters so Pokemon technically has 12 playable characters in smash.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hey Gyrom8 Gyrom8 ! I’m not sure if you saw this earlier, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on this for obvious reasons:
Hey - sorry for the late re_ly, was a bit distracted

I like the idea - would be great to see du_lighosts used against, es_ecially as a _artner

As for accessories, if she's a massive fan of Flurrie, a necklace would be the go-to accessory

Maybe some kind of Greek-style theatre mask (like the comedy/tragedy ones)?

It could be cute if she also tried to emulate flurry by having li_stick smeared on her 'sheet'

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey - sorry for the late re_ly, was a bit distracted

I like the idea - would be great to see du_lighosts used against, es_ecially as a _artner

As for accessories, if she's a massive fan of Flurrie, a necklace would be the go-to accessory

Maybe some kind of Greek-style theatre mask (like the comedy/tragedy ones)?

It could be cute if she also tried to emulate flurry by having li_stick smeared on her 'sheet'
Still haven't found that P key, eh? :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
"Man, yesterday sucked, surely tomorrow will be better."

*Get a phone call at 9am from my mother that a pipe bomb exploded in my Sister's high school*

All I can really say is thank god no one was hurt

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

*Get a phone call at 9am from my mother that a pipe bomb exploded in my Sister's high school*

Wait, what?! Your sister's school had a pipe bomb explosion?! What the heck?!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

That’s horrible! I’m glad everyone is okay.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My sense of humor is pretty ****** up so I personally got a kick out of what @Bolderousness posted earlier.

Might not have been the right thing to do, sure, but it still falls on Noipoi Noipoi or whoever else if they actually look at the thing. Some of you guys are acting like he committed some irredeemable sin like making Noi walk barefoot on LEGOs or some ****.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Random thought:

Pikachu libre and Notched ear Pichu are different characters so Pokemon technically has 12 playable characters in smash.
That actually makes 13 since since there’s also the other separate female Pikachu in addition to Libre.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's funny seeing everyone suddenly show a concern for SwSh spoilers because of the bet.

If it were anyone but Noi, I don't think the thread would be even remotely cautious.
I mean, when we first started talking about it here basically everyone put it in spoiler tags long before the Noipoi bet, but go off I guess.

D

Deleted member

My sense of humor is pretty ****** up so I personally got a kick out of what @Bolderousness posted earlier.

Might not have been the right thing to do, sure, but it still falls on Noipoi Noipoi or whoever else if they actually look at the thing.
Yeah no, sorry. There's no good reason to keep spamming the leak on the front page other than to be a ****. It's very easy to accidentally read at least part of it before you realize what's going on as there's zero warning, it dumps it right on to you. Latest profile posts do show on the front page, after all, so at the very least add a warning, or better yet, keep it to PMs. It's even worse because it seems to be turning into a copy+paste seeing as some other people have started copying it. While I don't mind being leaked, it's stuff like this that makes me wish you could report profile posts.

It's just all around dickish doing it in the open like that an show a total disregard for others. And it's not the fault of whoever is getting spoiled, not when it gets shoved into your face like this with no warning.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah no, sorry. There's no good reason to keep spamming the leak on the front page other than to be a ****. It's very easy to accidentally read at least part of it before you realize what's going on as there's zero warning, it dumps it right on to you. Latest profile posts do show on the front page, after all, so at the very least add a warning, or better yet, keep it to PMs. It's even worse because it seems to be turning into a copy+paste seeing as some other people have started copying it. While I don't mind being leaked, it's stuff like this that makes me wish you could report profile posts.

It's just all around -snip- doing it in the open like that an show a total disregard for others. And it's not the fault of whoever is getting spoiled, not when it gets shoved into your face like this with no warning.
To each their own, I suppose, although I still don't think it's worth rioting over.

I also recommend editing a certain word in your post if you don't want to risk being reported.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
To each their own, I suppose, although I still don't think it's worth rioting over.

I also recommend editing a certain word in your post if you don't want to risk being reported.
Auto-censor failing to catch a word isn't the fault of the poster.

D

Deleted member

Feel I should clarify my thoughts on the matter now that I've calmed down and got some things done:
  1. Sorry for posting the spoilers on the thread. It was a one time trick and I wont do it again.
  2. Some of y'all are acting like I'm not thinking about Noi's feelings over this when he clearly played along with the tricks. If Noipoi wants to stop because I'm crossing the boundary, he can walk up and call off the bet. I can't force him to just go along with the bet so this is all voluntary on both parties. We're both adults and can sort our problems out on our own. Instead, he not only comes into the thread and mentions how he acknowledges this, but he invites it even. We're playing a game and this is part of the competition. We're having fun with this game of cat and mouse, and I would know since this is my fourth time trying to trick him and he's always gave the same mocking and playful tone. If it's "cheating" and insensitive toward him, take it up with Noipoi.
    1. Keep tryna trick me, ****ers. It ain’t gon’ work.

I’m winning this.
  3. Again, sorry for posting spoilers in the thread. Clearly, I pushed the boundary over this. I wont do it again.
Yeah. I want Noi to go unspoiled but I want people to spoil the heck out of me! I wanna be a spoiled brat!

But spoiler tag it because a lot of people aren’t like me.
The leak I'm using is the one people believe is the correct one. I wouldn't use an obvious fake leak to make Noi lose. Safe to say, if he sees it, he's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom