• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Banjo got in before Steve. There's definitely precedence that the big popular franchise could be looked over in favor of the fan favorites

I'd argue Phoenix Wright in particular still has a pretty decent shot. Especially with his consistent placements on polls
Honestly, I’ll be surprised if both don’t make it in.

"Too Samus", "Samus alternate", "Is he from Pacific Rim", "We already have Snake", "HALO-ish character", "Looks like a character added Samus and Snake then divided by 2", "Yeah lol. From FPS lol"....."Samus"...

Huh.
Huh. So Japanese gamers aren’t all high and mighty “happy the Americans got what they wanted” hunky dorey. They’re just as bad as us.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

"Too Samus", "Samus alternate", "Is he from Pacific Rim", "We already have Snake", "HALO-ish character", "Looks like a character added Samus and Snake then divided by 2", "Yeah lol. From FPS lol"....."Samus"...

Huh.
1571775155864.png

BRUH

At least Master Chief has some notoriety in Japan

also, reading some of the other comments, you can very much tell that the Japanese aren't keen on the violence/gore like we westerners are.

Definitely an interesting culture clash that I don't think bodes well for more brutal characters like Doomguy or an MK rep

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 243121
BRUH

also, reading some of the other comments, you can very much tell that the Japanese aren't keen on the gore as much as we westerners are.

Definitely a weird sort of culture clash
Squids exploding in pools of colorful ink is the farthest you can go with Japan without turning away a notable number of consumers.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey Gyrom8 Gyrom8 ! I’m not sure if you saw this earlier, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on this for obvious reasons:
Yay! Images are back! Now i can finally ask for help on this:View attachment 243014
Progress on the Duplighost partner for my Paper Mario game ideas and I need some help with her design, name and just about anything else. She’ll be a theatre performer who wants to become a top-class actress like her idol Madame Flurrie. She can nail a likeness and even copying what is having trouble finding her own groove as well as acting in the voice outside of exact phrases so she’s such as everyone’s understudy. Peach comes across her while on the run from the main antagonist and agrees to help Peach with stuff like stealth and disguises as she hopes to grow and become better in this experience.

Tagging Noipoi Noipoi here.
I was trying to get the Duplighost design down first, but yeah I need some help figuring out what to add onto her in terms of accessories.
“Help me Mario-Wan Kenobi! You’re my only hope!”

View attachment 243035

Noipoi Noipoi someyhing like this you had on mind?

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
View attachment 243121
BRUH

At least Master Chief has some notoriety in Japan

also, reading some of the other comments, you can very much tell that the Japanese aren't keen on the violence/gore like we westerners are.

Definitely an interesting culture clash that I don't think bodes well for more brutal characters like Doomguy or an MK rep
Makes me wonder what changed between now and the days where there was a borderline fetish for fluid gore in anime.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
*looks at Attack on Titan*
:thinkingemoji:
There is an exception to every rule. Even still I've heard the anime is actually much less brutal than the manga... which says something because if there is one thing I remember from watching the first episodes of that anime it's seeing Eren's mom get chomped in half.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Huh.
I feel like adding that Japan doesnt like metriod would be good context

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just looked up Ring Fit Adventure.

Not only do I want the game now, but now I want Ring Fit Trainer in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I thought that under the rules of the bet that is ILLEGAL
Doesn't seem like it. Noipoi has repeatedly said that my "tricks" wont work on him, implying it's fair game. Whether he reads a leak on SwSh seems to be the only rule.

Screenshot_20191022-162401_Opera.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And I'm not telling jokes. Noipoi is fine with it, so it's fair.

Cheating implies it's a not agreed upon rule. Noipoi and I have agreed its legal.
Say what you want but I've lost like, 90% of the respect I had for you cause there's tricking and there're just shoving it in his face. This is like bringing a gun to a knife fight because you could bring multiple knives

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If things pan out like I hope they do, I actually have a trick of my own for Noi. The best part is that it's fair, not underhanded, and can't be considered cheating in the slightest.

But I'll reveal more later. I'm not losing this bet either.

D

Deleted member

Say what you want but I've lost like, 90% of the respect I had for you cause there's tricking and there're just shoving it in his face. This is like bringing a gun to a knife fight because you could bring multiple knives
Sorry to hear you feel that way about me. But if it's allowed, I'll take any means to make sure my opponent loses.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
And I'm not telling jokes. Noipoi is fine with it, so it's fair.

Cheating implies it's a not agreed upon rule. Noipoi and I have agreed its legal.
Regardless of whether you're cheating or not it's still a big **** move at anyone who doesn't want to see the leaks. You and Noipoi aren't the only people on this website.

D

Deleted member

Regardless of whether you're cheating or not it's still a big **** move at anyone who doesn't want to see the leaks. You and Noipoi aren't the only people on this website.
That I understand. I'll delete that since Noi didn't fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom