• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So we're FINALLY getting the REAL King Boo in a Mario Spinoff game.

Yeah, King Boo with his Luigi's Mansion design is joining Mario Kart Tour, which means that, thankfully, he isn't a generic Boo with a crown.
Both King Boos will be joining.

Kinda wish they would just stick with one version to make things less confusing, but I guess this is good for people who like them both.

D

Deleted member

Geno might be possible as playable. I didn't consider Trophies to be an immediate chance kill, and Spirits, their upgrade, doesn't change that for me. Possibly not the first Fighter's Pass, since that seems like it was decided when the first set of Spirits was, but later on, it wouldn't even matter. They're not really the equivalent of Assist Trophies either. Nowhere on their levels. But I never really believed Spirits automatically stop a possible character from being playable. The knowledge of when they were chosen does coincide with when the Spirits were possibly finished, but we can't even say that for sure. So while I don't expect them to be playable, it's a faulty reasoning since you can't actually prove with any strong evidence the DLC was mainly decided via the Spirits timing-wise. That's just a maybe.

Regardless, I keep my expectations tempered. Anything beyond the Fighter's Pass is a completely different timing and Spirits are rather irrelevant to that so there's little reason to take them into account. AT's are far more key to gameplay than a PNG with a bonus effect. Besides that, they wouldn't even need to rename a Spirit since there's no real reason to. The actual Fighter Spirit would already have a different file name, and they don't really need to give either a unique name either. It's not a necessity. If they want to, cool. If not, not an issue anyway. You can't equip non-Fighter Spirits so it wouldn't make a difference categorizing them.
Same while I’m not expecting it I’m still believe the possiblity of it happening and I still don’t believe they deconfirm until sakurai says they do I still show my support for them.

But I’m not showing my support on spirits don’t deconfirm videos if all HE is gonna do is force people to accept they deconfirm and move on.

BZocky

Smash Ace
If we get DLC costumes for fighters I hope at least some reference characters from other series. Smash is the ultimate celebration of games and having existing fighters referencing other universes within the game or beyond would make the game feel even bigger.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, yesterday I did mention some abandoned Brawl mods of mine, but the image uploader didn't work at that time. So here they are DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu
Do note that none of those are finished, that includes both models and textures.
Not much to say here, it's missing a lot of smaller details.
My plan was to give it a space-like appearance. Also missing a lot of details, as well as the "water". Those domes and bubbles were supposed to get a glass-like material.
Because it's a crime that R.O.B. still doesn't have a home stage even now. On one hand, it's very early, on the other hand, it's also not as detailed as others, given its NES based nature. Ignore Mario there, I always have Mario there for scale when I'm starting.

This last one isn't a custom made model, but actually an unused stage found in the files of Woolly World. Thought it would make a nice, simple Battlefield-like stage.

D

Deleted member

Also another reason I still think spirits could possibly happen is sabis source geno rumor and the mii costume leak before it said crash but I remain skeptical of of them who knows where it would all end up?

D

Deleted member

so... is nobody going to say anything? hello!?
200.gif

I guess I'll just sit here and wait then!

edit: **** I posted way too late lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In the mood to watching two favorites of mine this week that came out this year.

Gonna watch Godzilla: King of the Monsters tonight, then Crawl on Thursday. Just in the mood to do so.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Come to think of it, yesterday I did mention some abandoned Brawl mods of mine, but the image uploader didn't work at that time. So here they are DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu
Do note that none of those are finished, that includes both models and textures.
Not much to say here, it's missing a lot of smaller details.
My plan was to give it a space-like appearance. Also missing a lot of details, as well as the "water". Those domes and bubbles were supposed to get a glass-like material.
Because it's a crime that R.O.B. still doesn't have a home stage even now. On one hand, it's very early, on the other hand, it's also not as detailed as others, given its NES based nature. Ignore Mario there, I always have Mario there for scale when I'm starting.

This last one isn't a custom made model, but actually an unused stage found in the files of Woolly World. Thought it would make a nice, simple Battlefield-like stage.
Pretty cool. I like the Gangplank Galleon one, that would be a great stage to have in smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m touching on the Spirit upgrade stuff in my next piece, but I don’t think a new pass will have any effect on the outlook of the DLC.

Just my humble opinion.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Has Nintendo ever outright purchased another development studio or company?
Nintendo purchased Monolithsoft from Namco a while back. And they bought Retro Studios REAL early. It's usually their philosophy to NOT buy studios and let them flourish on their own so that they can go to as many systems as they need to keep them growing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo purchased Monolithsoft from Namco a while back. And they bought Retro Studios REAL early. It's usually their philosophy to NOT buy studios and let them flourish on their own so that they can go to as many systems as they need to keep them growing.
That worked really well for Alpha Dream and a Rareware.

Can anyone explain to me how they bought Monolithsoft and the ability to use “Xeno” I’m the games they make, but not Xenogears or Xenosaga?

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

Can anyone explain to me how they bought Monolithsoft and the ability to use “Xeno” I’m the games they make, but not Xenogears or Xenosaga?
Namco probably owns those two IPs, but not a copyright on the "Xeno" prefix

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Xeno isn't copyrighted. Xenoblade, Xenogears, and Xenosaga is...

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman

Xeno isn’t a regular franchise. It’s multiple series of unrelated games made by Tetsuya Takahashi. The Xeno-prefix can’t be trademarked, so they can get away with naming multiples unrelated series that to indicate they’re apart of a wider meta-franchise.

On that note, I find it a bit of a shame we’ve yet to see all three Xeno series crossover. Saga and Chronicles have done so, but Gears remains out of the picture. Square still uses the Gears ip too, see Fei Fong Wong appearing in Brave Exvius.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Xeno isn’t a regular franchise. It’s multiple series of unrelated games made by Tetsuya Takahashi. The Xeno-prefix can’t be trademarked, so they can get away with naming multiples unrelated series that to indicate they’re apart of a wider meta-franchise.

On that note, I find it a bit of a shame we’ve yet to see all three Xeno series crossover. Saga and Chronicles have done so, but Gears remains out of the picture. Square still uses the Gears ip too, see Fei Fong Wong appearing in Brave Exvius.
Still think it would be great if all 3 worked with Koi Tecmo to make a massive crossover called XenoWarriors. The name is RIGHT THERE!

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Since there are no leaks and november is fast approaching, Im going to avoid this site and Smash tubers from now on so I can be surprised for FP5

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hello I'm back. What I miss?

On another note. It seems my dog will be fine after all. Seems she either got a cold or was under the weather. I was apparently worried for nothing as usual.

D

Deleted member

Dose anyone remember people thinking Cristina’s big game tweet was smash but it was fortnite all along?
Because she dose lol
Good times indeed

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dose anyone remember people thinking Cristina’s big game tweet was smash but it was fortnite all along?
Because she dose lol
Good times indeed
I knew it wasn't related to Smash but my heart still aches regardless.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hello I'm back. What I miss?

On another note. It seems my dog will be fine after all. Seems she either got a cold or was under the weather. I was apparently worried for nothing as usual.
Nothing much. Character speculation debates going on atm. I also re-ranked all modern Doctor Who stories just now, and I'm about to continue the packing project in my room.

And sounds good.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
How's everyone doing? Just came back from School a few minutes ago.
Not too bad.

I have work again tonight so it's probably best that I take a short nap to alleviate some of my drowsiness from having to work earlier this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom