• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All I can just say is that despite being only already half the year being done. Its so far has been one of the best.

Last year was great when we got both:ultkrool:and:ultridley:but this year tops it all with not only my most anticipated film I've been waiting for five years for which was worth the wait and what I wanted in a film Godzilla 2 but just Banjo being in Smash completing it all.

I couldn't ask for anything more at this point. :grin:
It's been a killer year for movies (as a nerd)

Avengers finale
Spiderman
Star Wars finale
Godzilla
Dark Phoenix
Detective Pikachu
Sonic
Men in Black
Secret Life of Pets 2
Toy Story 4
Frozen 2

Sure they arent all executed at point, but the list alone is mindblowing. If you told me this would be a thing as a kid I'd have spent two decades frozen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, time to cool down on the memes, getting problems with the mods, plus I think I went too far with some of my jokes, and I don't want that, so I'm going to take a break.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm considering these characters the frontrunners from now on, in no particular order:

Ryu Hayabusa
Doomslayer
Resident Evil character
Tales character
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Crash Bandicoot
Dark Souls character
SNK character

Let's see how wrong I am.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'm considering these characters the frontrunners from now on, in no particular order:

Ryu Hayabusa
Doomslayer
Resident Evil character
Tales character
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Crash Bandicoot

Finally a list with Professor Layton! It might just be the side effect of the reveal hype, but I actually feel optimistic about Layton, I could see him getting revealed sometime in September in a regular Nintendo direct.

My friend: DAMN boi, this is the most ****ing ultimate fanservice game ever. We get a big fat K Rool, a Ridley, and even now some Banjo & Kazooie! Sakurai's literally giving us every "impossible" request!

Me, a Geno fan: Y...yeah.... it's... amazing.....

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Ryu Hayabusa
Doomslayer
Resident Evil character
Tales character
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Crash Bandicoot

I just don't see Layton getting in.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Finally a list with Professor Layton! It might just be the side effect of the reveal hype, but I actually feel optimistic about Layton, I could see him getting revealed sometime in September in a regular Nintendo direct.
as a fellow Layton fan, do you really think he has a shot still?
I just don't see Layton getting in.
It would be nice and cool and fun but my pessimism is telling me it wont happen. Id love to be wrong tho

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Shhhh we don't speak of that movie.

Also still think Toy Story 4 is unnecessary and Star Wars didn't need anymore movies but those are just my opinions.
Toy Story has never disappointed.
If this one is good- then I have no qualms

Yes, Dark Phoenix hurts my body. My body was not ready.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Kanto isn't just about nostalgia.
It's in more than half of all generations.
People who argue this hold Pokemon to a different standard than every other series.

There's absolutely no reason that Pokemon should be considered differently.

#TeamEevee #TeamMeowth, Nintendo All Stars immortalized by evolution recency and anime relevancy.
I don't see your point.

The reason they keep getting love is 100% nostalgia, but because they got that love, they are now "relevant" again

That doesn't take away from the fact that Kanto is **** only kept afloat by nostalgia and a handfull of good Pokémon

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here's to more fighting game characters!

Nightmare
Scorpion
Heihachi

Let's go!!

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I don't really have much to support this, but my gut feeling is telling me the next two characters are Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy. They just sorta make sense to me.
Also I want that sweet, sweet shotgun in smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So who are your final two predictions guys? Personally I'm thinking

Tales character (Lloyd Irving)
Resident Evil character (Leon or Jill)

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Banjo was one of the last characters that held some childhood nostolgia for me. I'm not sure who else I'd pull for.

I guess Crash, Spyro, Gex are some of the 90's stars that I remember and would enjoy seeing

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyways, I don't really have much to support this, but my gut feeling is telling me the next two characters are Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy. They just sorta make sense to me.
Sakurai: "For Joker neutral special, he use a gun!"
Doomguy: "Hold my demon beer"

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So who are your final two predictions guys? Personally I'm thinking

Tales character (Lloyd Irving)
Resident Evil character (Leon or Jill)
I'm going Phoenix at TGS and Doomslayer at VGA.Yeah I am biased with the first one, but lemme dream a bit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Artorias sits in the corner and cries

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
as a fellow Layton fan, do you really think he has a shot still?

It would be nice and cool and fun but my pessimism is telling me it wont happen. Id love to be wrong tho
Gotta keep the hope strong Pumpkaboo. Seeing many Layton fans coming out of the woodworks and rooting for Layton today was such a wonderful thing to see for me.
I think the problem is that Layton fans are just too silent for the Prof. I think we should really try and get them to become more vocal for his support. Like fans of other characters.

The support is there, the fans are just too pessimistic. But I guess that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom