• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh ****

They won’t just have to deal with the government, they’ll have to get past the Nintendo Ninjas
The Nintendo Ninjas will use the Kyles to make sure the cartridge is destroyed.

"Who the **** wants to play a stupid game about moms?" - Kyle no. 69420 who is totally not Reggie wearing a Monster cap

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I absolutely LOATHE when my allergies are making me sneeze nonstop. Idk what's causing it or why, but part of me feel it's dust, pollen, or something else I'm allergic to. I never had it for almost a month out of state and since I've been back home, I've been sneezing like a ************

Any advise other than taking medicine?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I absolutely LOATHE when my allergies are making me sneeze nonstop. Idk what's causing it or why, but part of me feel it's dust, pollen, or something else I'm allergic to. I never had it for almost a month out of state and since I've been back home, I've been sneezing like a ************

Are you just sneezing, or is your nose leaky too?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Medicine is really the best way to treat allergies. The next steps would be trying to stay indoors, washing your hands frequently so you can get rid of any allergens you collected on your hands, and wearing a mask over your nose and mouth.

Not much else I can recommend. Again, medicine is the quickest and most effective way to deal with allergies. You can't fight the outside air, and it's unreasonable to expect anyone to isolate themselves indoors all day.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, the Splatocalypse finally got me to play Splatoon 2 some more after an extended break. I was never that into it to begin with, but I do enjoy the game quite a bit despite being a kind of at times objectively user unfriendly experience. Went Team Order because I much prefer Marina and order in general and played several matches. I'm either not very good at the game or I'm getting matched poorly because I don't win too often, but I have really enjoyed coming back to the game. I'll echo a comment by Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and say the Splatfest specific stage is ****ing great and I wish it was sticking around for longer in the main rotation (I hate the rotation system the game relies on for stages perhaps more than anything else other than not being able to play Salmon Run whenever I want for... reasons...).

I should have really played more of this Splatfest since it was the last one... but I also get they're mostly just for fun anyway, so Splatoon 2 will be around for a while to keep coming back to.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Are you just sneezing, or is your nose leaky too?
Both, but mostly sneezing. I don't leak that much but noticing more and more leaking around midnight or so for some reason

Medicine is really the best way to treat allergies. The next steps would be trying to stay indoors, washing your hands frequently so you can get rid of any allergens you collected on your hands, and wearing a mask over your nose and mouth.

Not much else I can recommend. Again, medicine is the quickest and most effective way to deal with allergies. You can't fight the outside air, and it's unreasonable to expect anyone to isolate themselves indoors all day.
How ironic that you mentioned indoors, because that's where I sneeze more than outside. So idk what's the issue for me and might have to talk to my doctor about what I'm allergic to.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, just read the Marvel news and I'm really excited by some of the stuff they announced. Some various thoughts on the announcements:

-Scarlett Witch is one of my favorite Marvel characters, so the fact that she's also going to be paired with Doctor Strange (another personal favorite) in his sequel in addition to having her own show is great, super curious to see how they have a WandaVision show.
-Taika Watiti did a great job with Ragnarok, so his return is great and I was not prepared for them to have Natalie Portman not only come back, but take over the mantle of Thor apparently. I always felt like Portman was held back by the first couple of Thor movies, so I'm really excited to see what she can do in an expanded presence with Watiti at the helm.
-Mahersala Ali as Blade seems like a great choice and I'm glad we're getting Blade in the MCU finally.
-Fantastic Four news is great, mostly because I want to finally see a good Fantastic Four movie, so I hope they take their time with it.
-We knew about Black Widow, but this film is super overdue and Taskmaster as the villain is something I down for.
-I know nothing about Shang Chi or The Eternals, so I want to see how Marvel can sell me on them.

I honestly expected them to announce more long-term stuff though. Part of the fun of like Phase 3 was seeing everything laid out so early on and seeing it come to fruition. Not announcing stuff like Captain Marvel 2 or Black Panther 2 means those movies are further out than most people though, and I imagine it's going to be even longer before we see more stuff like Fantastic Four or the X-Men get properly added into the MCU. I know it was never going to happen, but I wish they'd re-examined Inhumans and maybe even discussed how they could work The Defenders back in later on...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm pretty sure F4 and X-Men are like Phase 5 from some stuff I read last week or two

God damn.

The controller I bought, like, a month or two ago is already having analog issues. -_-
In case you haven't already tried/didn't know, there's an option to recalibrate a joystick.

It's in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Calibrate Control Sticks

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is a huge improvement from the first game

Love how more cinematic it is and the addition of a berserk meter to kill all enemies on screen was nice.
Will play Saga tomorrow

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Got a another cool twitter thread to share with ya all.
Hope you and like it, and hello there.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
aight ladies and gentlemen, it's time to take this super early time of the morning to do the super duper special all-coveted world-famous AMA drawings

please clap

anyway let's just reach into this here magical hat and uhhhhhhhh

1563691553315.png

our first AMA this forthcoming week is Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku !

1563691595669.png

and our second AMA is Zinith Zinith !

as long as both Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and Zinith Zinith are up for doing AMAs later today and on thursday respectively, expect the first AMA to go up this afternoon

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
aight ladies and gentlemen, it's time to take this super early time of the morning to do the super duper special all-coveted world-famous AMA drawings

please clap

View attachment 232026

View attachment 232027

as long as both Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and Zinith Zinith are up for doing AMAs later today and on thursday respectively, expect the first AMA to go up this afternoon
I'm a little tied up for a few hours on Thursday, but I'm up for it :yoshi:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The AMA threads hang around for like a week so it shouldnt be an issue if you're out some on that day =P

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'll only accept Agumon if he turns into WarGreymon or Omnimon/Omegamon at some point.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh come on, you know what's really in Area 51.
Ah, you cheeky little ****...
I think you're missing the issue with Isabelle being a clone/semi-clone. She is only doing that because she could not be an Echo, so going the extra mile makes sense too. If she had the right body type, she could still be an Echo and get personality changes. The only questionable move would be the Fishing Rod at that point, and we know one different move(or two, technically) does not stop someone from being an Echo. Body types, however, do. And those who could easily be an Echo(Dr. Mario) but were officially a clone seem to be unable to take a new label, probably due to Grandfather Clause.

Ken actually is closer to an what you wouldn't expect from Echoes. His mechanic is literally the same as Ryu, input commands. He just has differences due to having unique abilities via those in his home game. The one that shows what you can do and still make them feel very unique yet correct to their personality is Dark Samus. That's basically what one can do to make Shadow. Take a note from Chrom with an Up B and it works really well. Dark Samus does have a lot of different animations, including the phazon aesthetic changes. Did you know a regular clone with Roy, for example, played nearly the same as Marth bar two key differences(besides a small amount of damage/knockback stuff, of course), he had an aesthetic change to add Fire, but more importantly, he could take damage with Flare Blade. The other is his damage ability comes from the middle of the sword instead of the tip.

The issue here is your premise of him being impossible as an Echo doesn't work. Now, I won't disagree that he'd be better as unique at all. That's how I imagined his moveset from the start, but then I realized Echoes don't need to be 100% replicas in animations either anyway, so you can keep the personality yet not be a clone/semi-clone. Not being able to have new animations and such is something that Alts suffer from. Echoes do not suffer from this. They're supposed to have things like different hitboxes(though admittedly some barely change anything even then, but they still have some remote gameplay difference).
I think the reason Isabelle wouldn't have worked with Villager's proportions specifically is due to the rig. They seem to use the original fighter's animations as a base, and Isabelle's model would have messed up near the wrists and feet.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

please clap

View attachment 232026

View attachment 232027

*insert 3000 years meme here*

Yes, I'll be all for it.

Sorry for the late reply, was busy sleeping

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I just realized that Marvel is giving us a Deaf superhero with Lauren Ridloff

**** YES!!!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know the answer is probably no. But I still have to ask.

Was there ANYTHING about Marvel vs. Capcom at Marvel’s panel?
Not as far as I've heard, but EVO's a little over a week away; we could get an announcement there.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Does anything ever actually get announced at EVO? I always see people talking about it but I can’t remember a single time it’s happened.
A lot of companies will announce DLC at EVO. A whole new game is a bit less common. When it comes to smash, a direct was announced at EVO last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom