• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Has all that RelaxAlax drama finally been sorted out? I really want to know if I can expect more Smash History vids.

A lot of companies will announce DLC at EVO. A whole new game is a bit less common. When it comes to smash, a direct was announced at EVO last year.
I see.... I’m not getting my hopes up for anything big at EVO.

D

Deleted member

Any news regarding Metroid, Godzilla or Crash Bandicoot at Comic Con so far?

D

Deleted member

Well.... apparently Disney executives are talking about buying Activision....
And nobody tagged me!?
The hell!?

Ok, regarding the news themselves: I don’t know if I find it good or bad.
For one side, Disney should stop buying stuff.... But maybe Disney could make Activision improve on some regards for once.

But good freaking lord people, these are huge news for the Crash series... And nobody tried to tag me!?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And nobody tagged me!?
The hell!?

Ok, regarding the news themselves: I don’t know if I find it good or bad.
For one side, Disney should stop buying stuff.... But maybe Disney could make Activision improve on some regards for once.

But good freaking lord people, these are huge news for the Crash series... And nobody tried to tag me!?
I don’t like the idea. You know me. I hate the mouse.

Plus.... like, in regards to Crash and Spyro, Activision has been doing really well. I don’t want Disney to ruin that. Plus if they own Activision, they’ll also own Blizzard.... and that just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

And Activision doesn’t exactly have the biggest libraries of IPs. It’s entire original business model was being “the licensed games company”. If anything, you’d think they’d want to go for one of the big dogs like Capcom or Bethesda. They certainly can. I mean, they just bought 20th Century Fox.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You say that my reputation here isn’t messed up... but how is it possible that people only remember to tag me for the F4 and just skip doing that when something as huge for the Crash Bandicoot series such as Disney buying Activision happens?

I don’t know how many times I have to say this: I love Crash, Metroid and Godzilla as much as that Marvel team.

If people just remember to tag me for F4 stuff, that likely happens because they remember my stuff from the past months mostly... and that is a huge problem I need to fix.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That concern aside, I do find it ironic that an Universal character such as Crash could soon be owned by Disney if this moves on.

And hey if that makes Crash return to theme parks while still getting cool games, I may be all in.

It could also make Marvel Entertainment gain the full rights of the first 2 Ultimate Alliance games back.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
You say that my reputation here isn’t messed up... but how is it possible that people only remember to tag me for the F4 and just skip doing that when something as huge for the Crash Bandicoot series such as Disney buying Activision happens?

I don’t know how many times I have to say this: I love Crash, Metroid and Godzilla as much as that Marvel team.

If people just remember to tag me for F4 stuff, that likely happens because they remember my stuff from the past months mostly... and that is a huge problem I need to fix.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That concern aside, I do find it ironic that an Universal character such as Crash could soon be owned by Disney if this moves on.

And hey if that makes Crash return to theme parks while still getting cool games, I may be all in.

It could also make Marvel Entertainment gain the full rights of the first 2 Ultimate Alliance games back.
I'm pretty sure most of the people here didn't know disney was trying to buy activision

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Yeah. I only found out about it on the Crash Facebook group I post in. I don’t think it got talked about here before I told you.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I can’t find anything about Disney buying Activision. All I can find is one investor saying they should do it. Is there something I missed?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then it would be fair game at least.
Dude. You know that if I heard any news for any of those franchises I’d tell you. If anything, I think of you more as the Crash guy than anything else.

I can’t find anything about Disney buying Activision. All I can find is one investor saying they should do it. Is there something I missed?
Nope. That’s it.

Damn. I just did a clickbate.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don’t like the idea. You know me. I hate the mouse.

Plus.... like, in regards to Crash and Spyro, Activision has been doing really well. I don’t want Disney to ruin that. Plus if they own Activision, they’ll also own Blizzard.... and that just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

And Activision doesn’t exactly have the biggest libraries of IPs. It’s entire original business model was being “the licensed games company”. If anything, you’d think they’d want to go for one of the big dogs like Capcom or Bethesda. They certainly can. I mean, they just bought 20th Century Fox.
While I don’t like one company owning everything, Disney doesn’t have a huge history of buying something and ruining it. The only time they arguably did that was with Star Wars, but even then if you don’t like the new movies, saying Disney ruined it implies the prequels were as good as the original trilogy.

They bought Marvel like a year into the MCU and helped turn it into the powerhouse it is today. They definitely didn’t ruin that one.

D

Deleted member

While I don’t like one company owning everything, Disney doesn’t have a huge history of buying something and ruining it. The only time they arguably did that was with Star Wars, but even then if you don’t like the new movies, saying Disney ruined it implies the prequels were as good as the original trilogy.

They bought Marvel like a year into the MCU and helped turn it into the powerhouse it is today. They definitely didn’t ruin that one.
I’d argue they ruined Muppets as well. Their writers clearly know nothing about how they work.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
wait disneys buying what
Nothing. Somebody said they’re going to buy Activision and the thread started to blow up about it, when in actuality it was just one investor three weeks ago saying it’d be a good move to buy it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Have you watched any marvel tv shows since the buyout? Sure, there’s the Netflix stuff, but Agents of SHEILD? Not to mention the terrible Marvel cartoons they’ve been airing.

Not to mention they killed the concept of secret identities and the no-kill code almost completely.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’d argue they ruined Muppets as well. Their writers clearly know nothing about how they work.
To be fair, Muppets was having some stinkers ever since Henson passed. Henson was also the one who wanted to make a deal with Disney to give them the rights, but they got complicated and he died before the deal could finish.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think of it.

Disney can’t buy Activision.

They are owned by freaking Tencent.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still don’t understand why you act like enjoying The Fantastic Four is a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with it. Besides, they may have just thought that it wouldn’t interest you to much. I wouldn’t have thought that. I didn’t know you liked Crash that much.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Disney buying any company involved with video games is essentially dooming that company's future.

I mean, if Disney couldn't even keep their own studios open, why would they think it's a good idea to try again with a studio that's unaffiliated with them?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Have you watched any marvel tv shows since the buyout? Sure, there’s the Netflix stuff, but Agents of SHEILD? Not to mention the terrible Marvel cartoons they’ve been airing.

Not to mention they killed the concept of secret identities and the no-kill code almost completely.
I have not watched the TV show so you got me there.

In terms of secret identities I don’t see an inherent problem. That’s just them taking it in a different direction. Not having to worry about secret identities gives them more time to focus on the main story their trying to tell in this shorter time span as opposed to long-running comics. It just opens up their options, and I like it.
As for the no-kill code, was that really a thing in the comics for every hero?

EDIT; Also, these are supposed to be more grounded takes, and I feel like these heroes being able to run these huge operations for over a decade, talk publicly, and not have anyone realize who they are, is a bit too wacky for this universe. Like everyone in Peter’s school would notice he slips off as soon as Spider-Man comes in, and they point that out in Far From Home.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don’t understand why you act like enjoying The Fantastic Four is a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with it. Besides, they may have just thought that it wouldn’t interest you to much. I wouldn’t have thought that. I didn’t know you liked Crash that much.
Dude, it is on my profile text of all places:

4A5ECE32-7FD9-4686-93B4-0602509FCD69.png
And now I just remembered that I need to change my location back to “an island”.

Anyway, I personally dig how the companies bought by Disney are doing right now.

Marvel is better than ever, Star Wars has some kickass comics at the moment, Muppets is getting cool shows and Fox is currently on its way to improve their stuff.

There’s room for improvement, but I would lie if I said that I don’t enjoy most of the stuff from them at the moment.

There's no way Disney can buy Tencent, Tencent is WAY too large, they're pretty much the Disney of the gaming industry.
This.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, Muppets was having some stinkers ever since Henson passed. Henson was also the one who wanted to make a deal with Disney to give them the rights, but they got complicated and he died before the deal could finish.
I’d reckon it’s a tad of what Disney’s doing (the Muppeteers who actually know the characters have 0 control of how things play out, unlike when Henson was alive) and the fact that Henson isn’t there to help them.

Idk. The Muppets reboot movie was pretty good. Most Wanted didn’t leave the biggest impression on me though. I never watched the new TV show or the Muppet Babies reboot so I can’t speak to them.
I read that as the “Muppets reboot TV show” and I was about to cry. /s

Jokes aside, the movies are ok, but leave a bit to be desired. Everything else is either “meh” or “no.”

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I doubt that Disney will buy Activision just because of the wall that is Tencent.

Cows will grow wings before Disney manages to collect enough money to buy Tencent.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I cant stand Edelgard’s ****** voice. Its the voice of a girl that slaps someone, thinkin they wont hit back and crys when the person retaliates.
It's really not? She's the heir apparent of the continent's largest and oldest governing body along with having the highest strength stat of the three lords, and the military know-how to back it up. In other words, the other party wouldn't even be given the chance to strike back. What a bad take lmao.

You mean Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV's single most successful and longest-running MCU property that fans say only gets better as the show goes on? The first half of the first season was a bit rough since they needed to buy time for The Winter Soldier, but everything after that has been pretty much acclaimed. If you wanted an example of Disney adversely affecting Marvel, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is one of the least effective examples you could've picked.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have not watched the TV show so you got me there.

In terms of secret identities I don’t see an inherent problem. That’s just them taking it in a different direction. Not having to worry about secret identities gives them more time to focus on the main story their trying to tell in this shorter time span as opposed to long-running comics. It just opens up their options, and I like it.
As for the no-kill code, was that really a thing in the comics for every hero?

EDIT; Also, these are supposed to be more grounded takes, and I feel like these heroes being able to run these huge operations for over a decade, talk publicly, and not have anyone realize who they are, is a bit too wacky for this universe. Like everyone in Peter’s school would notice he slips off as soon as Spider-Man comes in, and they point that out in Far From Home.
I guess that’s fine for what they want to do. But I’m not a fan of the whole “grounded take on superheroes” thing to begin with. Especially since you’re starting with characters like Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor.
There's no way Disney can buy Tencent, Tencent is WAY too large, they're pretty much the Disney of the gaming industry.
You think it’s impossible. But Disney can get away with almost anything.

D

Deleted member

I loved Robbie Reyes in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

And sadly I can’t talk about Runaways or Cloak & Dagger since those shows aren’t available in Spain as far as I know.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's really not? She's the heir apparent of the continent's largest and oldest governing body along with having the highest strength stat of the three lords, and the military know-how to back it up. In other words, the other party wouldn't even be given the chance to strike back. What a bad take lmao.

You mean Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV's single most successful and longest-running MCU property that fans say only gets better as the show goes on? The first half of the first season was a bit rough since they needed to buy time for The Winter Soldier, but everything after that has been pretty much acclaimed. If you wanted an example of Disney adversely affecting Marvel, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is one of the least effective examples you could've picked.
Wait what? I hated that show. Sure, the first season held my attention but then Season 3 onwards just lost me and I stopped watching. I thought everyone hated it.

Also, I know this isn’t the show’s fault but I really wanted it to be a superhero police procedural drama. Wanted the same thing from Gotham. Got neither. Still desperately want to see the idea get done.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait what? I hated that show. Sure, the first season held my attention but then Season 3 onwards just lost me and I stopped watching. I thought everyone hated it.

Also, I know this isn’t the show’s fault but I really wanted it to be a superhero police procedural drama. Wanted the same thing from Gotham. Got neither. Still desperately want to see the idea get done.
The first half of season one is the only one that people have really mixed opinions on, mainly because the show wasn't sure what it was supposed to be yet. The show itself is incredibly popular though, especially season four with the Ghost Rider arc. I don't know why you thought people hated it. For a while it seemed like the only thing keeping ABC relevant beyond the news.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
YES!!! EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT MARINA FANS!!! A 3-0 BLOWOUT!!! PEARL WINS AND CALLIE IS AVENGED!!!

Gloating aside, it was a tough fight. Sad to see Splatfests go, but really excited about Splatoon 3's story now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The first half of season one is the only one that people have really mixed opinions on, mainly because the show wasn't sure what it was supposed to be yet. The show itself is incredibly popular though, especially season four with the Ghost Rider arc. I don't know why you thought people hated it. For a while it seemed like the only thing keeping ABC relevant beyond the news.
I agree with the Ghost Rider arc.

I found it awesome.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's a shame the lesser cephalopod won. Can't win 'em all, I guess. :p