• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
ARMS was fun for about a week until I realized that every match boiled down to equipping heavy arms or using ones that inflicted conditions like shock.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I wonder how much Nintendo expected it to do, selling over 2 million is nothing to sneeze at, especially since it’s a new IP.
I think ARMS sold better than it probably would have normally just because it was the first big new Nintendo game on Switch and everyone who owned one was looking for something new to play after Zelda (Mario Kart aside since it was a port, an extremely well selling port, but not necessarily new). It's easy to forget just how anemic the launch period was for the Switch in terms of releases, and that's why I think we see stuff like 1-2 Switch and ARMS both managing to break 2 million when I doubt they'd perform as well released at a later point in the Switch's life.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I think ARMS sold better than it probably would have normally just because it was the first big new Nintendo game on Switch and everyone who owned one was looking for something new to play after Zelda (Mario Kart aside since it was a port, an extremely well selling port, but not necessarily new). It's easy to forget just how anemic the launch period was for the Switch in terms of releases, and that's why I think we see stuff like 1-2 Switch and ARMS both managing to break 2 million when I doubt they'd perform as well released at a later point in the Switch's life.
Ok I see your point, it sold well on the release of the console but lacked staying power. I noticed ARMS never is talked about as an “evergreen title” in Nintendo’s investor relations, sales and user activity must have dropped off once other more popular games came out on the switch.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So one of the bonus features of Detective Pikachu's home release is an alternate opening.

That I want to see.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he caught the Cubone in this alternate opening, but then something happened to it and he was left without a Pokémon again. Maybe some Fearow or something scooped it up, I don’t know.
Remember children, if you ever think you’ll win something

Don’t
You okay? This coupled with another post you made is making me think your not. Do you need to talk, or...?

D

Deleted member

I wouldn’t be surprised if he caught the Cubone in this alternate opening, but then something happened to it and he was left without a Pokémon again. Maybe some Fearow or something scooped it up, I don’t know.

You okay? This coupled with another post you made is making me think your not. Do you need to talk, or...?
It’s just a comment about a Splatfest.

Don’t worry.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
From the Porky thread.

C6F9ADA1-0C70-4B5F-A59E-1FDF1D93D97E.jpeg

Porky’s shading appears to be different compared to Mario’s. Not to mention, he just looks like a PNG pasted on to a screen. And let’s not forget the iconic shaky camera. There is also a lack of detail. Almost forgot that.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That's possible.

I'm also looking forward to "Detective Mode" and Mr. Mime's audio commentary.

From the Porky thread.

Ah yes, the classic potato camera "leak"

I don't buy it at all.

D

Deleted member

If it is fake, it probably is one of the best done from this speculation cycle.

D

Deleted member

The shading on his machine is garbage, No way that’s official. If it is, it’s very early in development.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It’s just a comment about a Splatfest.

Don’t worry.
Even then, my paranoia is still gonna bug me.
I'm also looking forward to "Detective Mode" and Mr. Mime's audio commentary.
I actually don’t know what the full release will have. This is my first time hearing about these extras, believe it or not. Can you link me to what is included?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

#ReleaseTheDannyDeVitoCut

Hopefully I can pick the Blu Ray for Detective Pikachu.

I feel that the movie is worth to pick for home, more so with any extra features alongside it.

Y’all just hatin

Porky’s in, believe it.
The exact opposite.

Porky is epic for me just for being a villain.

And I love playable villains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
ARMS didn't do nearly as good as Nintendo wanted it to. I don't think we'll ever Spring Man or any other arms character in smash as anything more than an assist trophy.
Where did you hear that? Was there a quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom