• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

are you

are you serious

they've been going on for like 6 months now

they've been talking about him taking over for the past week
I’m aware of the AMAs, I thought he was joking about running them.

I can never tell when he’s serious lol

D

Deleted member

I know right?

Just yesterday is was ****ting my pants, and now I’m ****ting other people’s pants.
Coming back from my relatively long silence to say you gotta **** in the toilet, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Stop ****ting your pants lads. Instead just reverse your muscular movement to launch the **** out of your mouth, it's far more effective for intimidation purposes.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I know right?

Just yesterday is was ****ting my pants, and now I’m ****ting other people’s pants.
I could swear I've seen literally this joke animated before, but memory is just drawing a blank.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys...

I think we should just stop talking about **** period...

D

Deleted member

OR, does Noipoi possess the ability to poop, and before the poop makes contact
with his pants, transport it to other people’s pants?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think your underselling it. I don’t think people bought arms just to fill time. There was mario kart, zelda(which is huge and takes a lot of time), plenty of great indies, odyssey. There was plenty of time to kill without people needing to play arms to fill it before splatoon came out. Arms worked because it was unique and caught interest, not because it was just time filler to most people
At the time that ARMS came out, you had Zelda, Mario Kart, and indies. Here are the games of note that had released since Switch's launch: 1-2 Switch, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Bomberman R, Lego City Undercover, Disgaea 5 Complete, and Cars 3... And there weren't even that many Indies available by June 2017 either with Blaster Master Zero, The Binding of Isaac, and Shovel Knight being the notable ones. There just wasn't much of anything to play on Switch when ARMS came out. Most people had bought a Switch and Zelda, so Zelda was mostly beaten by people at that point. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was great, but it wasn't really new. And the next big release was Splatoon 2 which was still over a month out. It was the perfect window for something like ARMS to release since there was so little else to play on the system. And anecdotally, I saw a TON of people drop the game shortly after release and also several people admit that they stuck with it longer than they should have. I remember very vividly that time and how excited people were for any Switch release because there was so little available. And ARMS was the first genuinely new experience on the console since 1-2 Switch from Nintendo proper.

I'm not saying it didn't have any dedicated community or genuine support as a game, but I do think its success was largely inflated due to the circumstances of its release and it would not perform as well if it was released in today's Switch climate as it did then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom