• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
pauline isnt even a princess

she's a showgirl gone mayor, i dont see how that equates to royalty
pauline is a champion of the people

she worked her way up from nothing instead of being born into royalty

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay let's change the subject.

After the FinalFest, I really need to know.

What are yall's top 3 video game moments? Not favorite games, but favorite moments. They don't even need to be in your favorite games.
Dang it all of my serious questions are the last posts on the page *grumble grumble*

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
pauline is a champion of the people

she worked her way up from nothing instead of being born into royalty
and then you just have rosalina

how is she even a princess, shes a ****ing space baby. does she rule all of space? some of space? is space up for real estate?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dang it all of my serious questions are the last posts on the page *grumble grumble*
When LEGO Yoda went “aaaaagh”

That hit me right in the feels
and then you just have rosalina

how is she even a princess, shes a ****ing space baby. does she rule all of space? some of space? is space up for real estate?
Maybe she was a princess on earth and when she dipped to help the pudgy star babies she kept the title because it sounded fancy

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

What are yall's top 3 video game moments? Not favorite games, but favorite moments. They don't even need to be in your favorite games.
1) Portal 2’s Ending
2) World of Light’s Opening Cutscene
3) The New Donk City Festival

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

1- The final moments of MGS 4
2- Ending E of Nier Automata
3- Red Dead Redemption's ending

Yeah my favorite moments are at the very end of the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At the time that ARMS came out, you had Zelda, Mario Kart, and indies. Here are the games of note that had released since Switch's launch: 1-2 Switch, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Bomberman R, Lego City Undercover, Disgaea 5 Complete, and Cars 3... And there weren't even that many Indies available by June 2017 either with Blaster Master Zero, The Binding of Isaac, and Shovel Knight being the notable ones. There just wasn't much of anything to play on Switch when ARMS came out. Most people had bought a Switch and Zelda, so Zelda was mostly beaten by people at that point. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was great, but it wasn't really new. And the next big release was Splatoon 2 which was still over a month out. It was the perfect window for something like ARMS to release since there was so little else to play on the system. And anecdotally, I saw a TON of people drop the game shortly after release and also several people admit that they stuck with it longer than they should have. I remember very vividly that time and how excited people were for any Switch release because there was so little available. And ARMS was the first genuinely new experience on the console since 1-2 Switch from Nintendo proper.

I'm not saying it didn't have any dedicated community or genuine support as a game, but I do think its success was largely inflated due to the circumstances of its release and it would not perform as well if it was released in today's Switch climate as it did then.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, outsold the original. Thats a huge gain for the switch. Your underselling Mario Kart deluxe. That was a massive game as the wii u sales were trash. Barely anyone had it then, comnpared to now. That game is still huge and massively played. Its one of the top switch games currently. I really don''t think people dropped it for ARMs. Arms had enough on its own to earn the sales it got. Its release window was good, but if it released as the only big game of a month, right now, I wouldn't be shocked if it sold just as well. Of course there really isn't anyway to definitively prove or disprove this notion.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

1) Collect all Jiggies in a world in Banjo-Kazooie (while not transformed) and they do both of their dances
2) When the screen shows Skull Kid's drawing on a stump at the end of Majora's Mask, and Saria's Song plays
3) hard to choose from this point on, I'll just go with catching Pikachu in Pokémon

so many great moments, like times in Minecraft, some Bowser moments, Pikmin, EarthBound, Kirby, the champion battle with Cynthia.......

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Okay for realsies

1-The ending of Pokémon Black and White
2-The ending of Portal 2
3-The ending of Mario Odyssey

RandomAce

Smash Champion
ladies and gentlemen, it's the moment you've all been waiting for

@Smashing Ramen's AMA is now up

go pester him or something idk
Alright, quick question.

So what is with these AMA’s? Are they picked randomly, is there a specific thread that all AMA’s take place?

I’ve been trying to see some of them, since they’ve been going for some time now, but I can’t find them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Uh...
  1. Paying off my mortgage in Animal crossing: Population Growing
  2. Paying off my mortgage in Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Getting a dog in DQB2

Im a simple person

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I thought I had an answer for this but...honestly I gotta think about it.

I've catalogued a few I guess.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Know what would had made MUA:3 better?

If Yondu was among the roster. I would had loved to play as him. Hopefully he'll be DLC.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

1. Meeting a random player on TF2 with the name Alexander Hamiliton, changing my name to Aaron Burr, then challenging him to in game duel where we only used Spies and fought each other with revolvers. Most of the server stopped fighting so we could have our duel.

2. Fighting and beating The End in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater at like 3 in the morning. I was so tired and slightly delirious, but that's probably what made me so immersed in the experience. Still my favorite boss fight in any game to this day.

3. Going to a local Smash tournament, having some great matches, and being satisfied with my results even if I didn't win fist place or anything.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Oh man, those are sum questions...

3. The moment in Portal 2 where Wheatly puts Glados in a potato and goes insane. It turns a victory moment into a dangerous situation and shifts alignments around instantly, in An expert narative with great Voice acting.

2. Wakeup at The Fallen Arm, in Xenoblade Chronicles 1. After you defeat Metal Face at Galahad Fortress and rescue Fiora, Shulks original goal has been achieved. Fiora, while saved, is maimed for life, Metal Face is defeated, but the rest of the Mechon army stands ready to exterminate mankind. The Dark secrets of the monado keep getting darker and the situation behind Egil is getting more and more complicated. As the team is split up, washed ashore on the island, they all try to assess what to do next as they try to find each other and with the most beautifull melancholic theme playing, Shulk has to come to a conclusion. His journey is longer about getting revenge for the death of his girlfriend. It's about something much, much bigger.

1. The "Goodbye" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. The protagonist finally reveals to his partner that he figured out changing the timeline would wipe him from existence, leaving the Pokémon who he became the best friend in the world with over a lengthy story to fend for himself. The emotion, the music, the bitter Sweet ending to a wild journey, the whole montage aterwards of the partner going on with daily routine on his own. All topped off by the fact this scene is the only one in the game where the protag has dialogue. This scene is perfection.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

This was difficult to figure out, I gotta say.

-The opening cutscene of Ch. 10 in Xenoblade 2
-The beginning of Half-Life 2
-Beating the champion on my first Pokemon pearl playthrough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom