• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Love and Thunder ends phase 4 huh? Okay.
noipoi you realize that's literally just the schedule for 2020 - 2021 right

you are literally saying that only 4 movies make up phase 4

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I see what you're trying to say, but again, a lot of Villager's moves are already in Isabelle's moveset. Then when we look at what's left, there's not really much that couldn't that wouldn't work because of the different body type. Timber should work fine, Lloyd Rocket should work fine, Up-Smash should work fine, Down-Smash should work fine, Side-Smash should work fine. Maybe Villager's nair and MAYBE the jab could be a problem, but that's about it.

Unlike Pichu, Villager and Isabelle share a similar height and speed. So all that really leaves is, "Isabelle looks different from Villager because her body is slimmer with longer limbs". Given how lenient Sakurai was with Ken, I think she could've worked as an Echo.
He wasn't lenient with Ken in the same way you're thinking of. What he did was given Ken the same mechanic as Ryu, which led to different Input Command moves, accurate to what only Ken can do. Again, he's not a typical Echo. A typical Echo that is more unique would be more like Chrom, which is already more than most have. Even Dark Samus has more than most have. Ken's an outlier. Nobody is remotely similar, and the closest character to him otherwise is Dr. Mario, a regular clone(who could easily be turned into an Echo at this point and it'd still fit the official criteria, which is same Body Type).

Characters can have similar body types and share the same moves too. An Echo needs to have the same Body Type to be one. Ken has the same Body Type. Isabelle doesn't. Ken still has a ton of Ryu's moves, though is clearly unique in many ways.

Isabelle can have the same speed and height, but that wouldn't make her an Echo anyway. Pichu's core difference from Pikachu is Body Type to begin with. That's why it can't be an Echo. That's the same reason Isabelle cannot be an Echo. And yes, being slimmer with longer limbs(especially since the difference is a fairly big one in how the animations work overall) is a key enough factor to separate an Echo from any kind of Clone. I mean, if you want to disagree with that idea, that's fair. But that's still no less a key difference for how it actually works. Daisy, like Lucina, has practically a pixel of a difference among their bodies. Isabelle is far more than that in comparison. Every animation has to be redone to begin with to make it flow correctly. The actual games shouldn't look like half-assed hacks, which is what she looks like with simply Villager's moves. That's how bad it was. None of them looked like that in the final game either. Another way to put it is she's like Wolf overall(in fact, he's a pretty good comparison, as they only somewhat resemble the original character). Very different Body Types, but absolutely take from the main character of their series. Another great example of this is Young Link and Toon Link. Young Link was used to remake Toon Link too, but they had overall different Body Types. Coincidentally, just like Isabelle, they play very differently to fit their personalities better.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All that Marvel news and the only thing I'm excited about is Blade. FF could be sick if handled well, but for now, I'm still leering from a distance on that one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me when i realize we will probably never see Daredevil show up in the MCU ever again

1563675160718.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y'all want to see something mildly cursed?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's pretty dead right now, so I thought I'd give us a question as a conversation starter.

Because Smash games typically come out early on a console's life, the content in a Smash game usually focuses on the games from the previous console. So let's say the next batch of characters Sakurai is considering are as follows:

BotW Champion (Breath of the Wild)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Octoling (Splatoon 2)
Pauline (Super Mario Odyssey)
Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Labo Man (Labo)
Byleth or one of the three heirs (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
E. Gadd (Luigi's Mansion 3)
Gen 8 Pokémon (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)

Ignoring future releases and how realistic any of these choices are, who are the three you would want most and why? Your reason doesn't have to be based on anything realistic. You could just say, "I like this character".

Here's mine:

BotW Champion - I want another Zelda rep and I think these guys are criminally underrated.
Pauline - I like her as a character, and I'd love to see her get in Smash, even if I don't know what her moveset would be.
Gen 8 Pokemon - Pokemon tend to be unique, and I like the franchise.
Edelgard - Great design, great character from what we know from the marketing and leaks, and can bring in an awesome Batallion gimmick while using an axe.

Daruk - Best Champion. Super-Heavyweight pretty-much-a-club user.

E. Gadd - Uses different gadgets, Gooigi, and Polterpup. Can maybe even use FLUDD if Mario gets a new down special.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, I think we got a leak of Spider-Man's super secret Level 5 in Marvel vs Capcom 4.

1563677573004.png

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Well, with recent Marvel movie news I'm glad Endgame and Far From Home were the last MCU films I ever seen. The only thing remotely interesting for me was Blade.
Also, I think we got a leak of Spider-Man's super secret Level 5 in Marvel vs Capcom 4.
Marevl vs Capcom 4? What?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just won a x100 Battle for Team Order a few minutes ago. We lost a x10 afterward but idgaf.

TEAM ORDER BABY!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah, everything is fine, now. Just got into an arguement with my mother regarding a prior issue that I won't get into.

All that matters is that its cleaned up and I'm back home, safe, sound and sane.
Glad to hear that you're ok now. We were worried about you, my dude.
YES!!!! ENDGAME JUST TOPPED AVATAR!!!!!

James Cameron: "I am...inevitable...."
*Suddenly loses first place*
Stan Lee: "And we... are... ... MARVEL."
*SNAP*
This might be the happiest day of the year, for sure.
So here's the whole schedule...

I'm quite interested in phase 4. I'm excited to see what the next sequence of movies has in store and what the new meta narrative will be for the next few sets of films.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyone here ever played Fortune Street?
God these games can last as long as a game of actual Monopoly! I’ve been playing for hours and i’ve Only done two boards and unlocked NO characters. Hopefully i’ll Be able to play a few more games before I play with my family.... wait.... can you do Tour Mode in multiplayer?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
-I found myself relating to Michael and Dwight is many, many ways. We have several similarities. I simultaneously love and hate this.
-One of the worst characters in the show has my name, and that sucks.
-Even though she was incredibly annoying and generally a sucky person I have a weird fan crush on Kelly. This concerns me.
-Mose
-I want to hang with Jim and Dwight, I feel like it’d be hilarious.
-Jim kinda looks like Dipper. He also kinda looks like Hiccup.
-Mose
-Andy was cool and then they ruined him and then he was cool again
-I don’t really think I’m the type to end up in an office job, but you never know where life’ll take you. But I can say that if that does happen, I will be eternally disappointed that it’ll be nothing like dunder mifflin.
-Mose

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On a movie related note. There maybe just hope after all for the MonsterVerse!

https://mobile.twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status/1152437361655070721?s=20
Glad to hear it, the Monsterverse's handling of the monsters has been great and I'm glad Toho is similarly happy with the movies and how they've used them. I'm hoping that will mean they'll let Legendary get their hands on Destroyah or Gigan after Godzilla vs. King Kong, I'd love to see them after how they handled King Ghidorah in the villain role.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so in continuation of my original spider-man respect thread post i decided to look what issues stan lee wrote that weren't just for spider-man exclusively.

in this avengers issue, issue 11, a robot clone of spider-man (very original) soloes all of the avengers, including THOR, gets stopped by the real spider-man, and then what you're about to see in this spoiler happens.

1563678689173.png

what the **** am i reading

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got home from work; I'm still trying to catch up on all of the MCU announcements, but I'm interested to learn more about Shang Chi and the Eternals, and I'm interested to see where they go with Doctor Strange 2, Black Widow, and Thor 4. It's a bit late, though, so I'll have to take a more in-depth look at the announcements tomorrow. (I heard that Captain Marvel 2 and the Fantastic Four were announced, but I'm not sure if there was any information beyond "they're happening")

The Disney streaming series sound interesting, but I still need to watch the Netflix shows, and I can't see myself subscribing to a streaming service just for a few shows.

Also, I picked up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for the Switch (I was hoping to get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well, but the one store that I had time to check was sold out), so I'm looking forward to playing it. Not sure if I'll wait a bit, though - I have a decent-sized Switch backlog, and I've heard that the game isn't optimized well on the Switch. (not sure if it's issues with the graphics, or load times, or what) I figure that I can wait until whatever issues the Switch version has are fixed.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Zinith Zinith I can only imagine if Stan Lee was with the Endgame cast now...

Tom Holland/Peter Parker: "Mr. Lee, can you hear me? We did it Mr. Lee.... we won, Mr. Lee...and you did it sir. You did it."

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, someone managed to upload some Avengers by Square Enix footage at Comic Con:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
So, I jsut viewwd the trailer of the Cats movie....

What is this?! Why is this?!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah, someone managed to upload some Avengers by Square Enix footage at Comic Con:
oh no

i dont know if i like that

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just got home from work; I'm still trying to catch up on all of the MCU announcements, but I'm interested to learn more about Shang Chi and the Eternals, and I'm interested to see where they go with Doctor Strange 2, Black Widow, and Thor 4. It's a bit late, though, so I'll have to take a more in-depth look at the announcements tomorrow. (I heard that Captain Marvel 2 and the Fantastic Four were announced, but I'm not sure if there was any information beyond "they're happening")

The Disney streaming series sound interesting, but I still need to watch the Netflix shows, and I can't see myself subscribing to a streaming service just for a few shows.

Also, I picked up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for the Switch (I was hoping to get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well, but the one store that I had time to check was sold out), so I'm looking forward to playing it. Not sure if I'll wait a bit, though - I have a decent-sized Switch backlog, and I've heard that the game isn't optimized well on the Switch. (not sure if it's issues with the graphics, or load times, or what) I figure that I can wait until whatever issues the Switch version has are fixed.
IDK. Phase 4 feels very.... predictable. I don’t know. We either already knew about these projects or it was very easy to see them coming. I’m disappointed that they’re emphasizing the Disney Plus shows so much. I’ll probably find some other way to watch them.

Honestly, at this point, I’m more excited for Phase 5 than anything here. Except Eternals. That’s probably going to rock. Just like the Inhumans movie we were supposed to get but never did.

D

Deleted member

Taskmaster is gonna be the villain in Black Widow and honestly that's all I really needed.
Except for Dormammu with his comic book design but beggars can't be choosers

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I haven't even seen K. Rool, Ridley or Banjo supporters this passionate. I don't even think Graizen called Nintendo to beg for Agumon. It's unhealthy if that's one of your main reasons for living.

Tails is Sonic's Luigi. I obviously can't speak for Sakurai but I feel like Tails or Eggman would be the 2nd rep despite Shadow being more popular by a huge margin. The only scenario I can think of is if they made him an easy echo fighter.
I dont even want Agumon this much lol
If he is not in , thats ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom