• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
You know I should stop reading masuda's and pokemon's posts on twitter I keep expecting the same thing
And guess what is the same thing.....

Give your self a pat in the back if your correct answere is
#BringBackNationalDex
And I even noticed the toxic side always finds a way to deflect stuff

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
three houses suddenly like

1563389866330.png

we were this close to greatness, intsys
we were this close

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not surprising that it’s not starting
I don't think Nintendo wants Spla2n to have competition on the same console. Spla1n getting a sequel was understandable because the console it was wrapping up.

If there's a Spla3n, it won't be a while.

StormC

Smash Hero
Not surprising that it’s not starting yet but worth sharing:
It's gonna be like Mario Kart and Smash, they'll want one core game per generation since it's multiplayer and they don't want competition among titles.

I could see the Super Switch launching in 2023 with Mario Kart 9 and Splatoon 3.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
three houses suddenly like

we were this close to greatness, intsys
we were this close
So what you're saying is they dont care about having m/m romances and just wanna fuel peoples lesbian fetishism, got it

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So I heard that Trails of Cold Steel III got delayed until October 22. On one hand, it kinda sucks having to wait longer; on the other hand, it means more time for **** to get polished (like translations) and October doesn't have too much stuff coming out (meanwhile, September is absolutely packed with CS3's September 24th release date sandwiched between Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI)

D

Deleted member

Intelligent Systems be like:

You want more lesbian? Aw yeah, this is happenin!

You want more gay? No way Jose.
Stardew Valley once again asserts it's authority by letting you marry whoever the **** you want

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If it isnt real, thank god

if itnis real, ****ing shame on IS
This is the first place I've seen it mentioned. It looks like its just some random 4chan thread. There are some pretty progressive reviewers out there that would definitely be upset if this was true, but its possible nobody pursued those options. Either way, it doesn't seem like something IS would do.

D

Deleted member

Whatever happens with the “bird leak,” I know I’m going to be so frustrated when the community goes , “Oh, of course it was that” and keeps entertaining the notions of people who are unnecessarily cryptic.
My issue is that even if legit, its useless. It also makes me think that Sabi having info from Nintendo could be pretty much bs at this point in time but not like she could do anytjing to prove it or disprove it right now.
Nintendo was very, very smart to show Banjo early. Imagine if it was only Hero and we were left waiting over a month over him? This place would be a bloodbath of people arguing with each other instead of just impatient and bored waiting.
I would imagine it would be the same after the shock of another anime swordsman subsided.
Stardew Valley once again asserts it's authority by letting you marry whoever the **** you want
Now if the romance options were actually interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Had a feeling the Lupin leak was BS. "Oh yeah the update is going to randomly deconfirm two highly speculated characters."

The gauntlet has limits. This is very clearly shown. Hulk even mentions he tries to bring Nat back but couldn't. Erasing the whole thing from history from a narrative standpoint also severely undercuts the stakes and consequences. I know you think it's too dark, but clearly the overwhelming majority of people don't. Stories need these sort of things to have an impact.

I didn't say 4 was bad. But I would consider it the worst of the Smash sequels pretty handily, thanks to the game being compromised between the two console versions, lack of meaningful single player content, and pretty severe amount of cuts. I just don't really see an argument that it's better than Ultimate...which is what my original post was about.
Really? Worse than Brawl?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This is the first place I've seen it mentioned. It looks like its just some random 4chan thread. There are some pretty progressive reviewers out there that would definitely be upset if this was true, but its possible nobody pursued those options. Either way, it doesn't seem like something IS would do.
Considering we just had Soleil a game ago, who was infamously mishandled in a number of ways, it's definitely something that they could do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
True, it could be a bunch of BS

But lets hope this doesnt mean I have to play as a version of Byleth that I dont like
Considering we just had Soleil a game ago, who was infamously mishandled in a number of ways, it's definitely something that they could do.
but Soleil was a bad character
and also her support was seen wrong by people
and also her support sucks

all in all
she sucks

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm more thinking about how they handle S supports, they've always been romantic in nature even if they don't end in marriage, and you can only ever do one of them. I highly doubt IS would break that formula for the purpose of queerbaiting, they aren't that dumb.

Anyways, this leak comes from the depths of the void and not from any reviewers or thanibomb, so there's no reason to believe it or post it out of context to smashboards as if it's confirmed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh ****. Hope not.

Well uh, yeah, I wish you the best of luck...
It’s only week 5 out of 8 too. I can’t get fired! I won’t even be able to put this on my resume. And I'll be back To square one trying to find new jobs. I already knew I wasn’t gonna reapply next summer but.... i’ve got to make it through this one!

StormC

Smash Hero
Really? Worse than Brawl?
Kinda? I think contextualized with all five Smash games, the jump from Brawl to 4 is the smallest and least impressive. Flawed as it was, Brawl at least attempted an ambitious single player story campaign, and I don't think the gameplay changes are a dealbreaker for casual play (I mean, until Ultimate came out, Brawl was the best selling fighting game of all time, so clearly others didn't feel too bothered by it either). While the gameplay tweaks and improved online in Smash 4 were appreciated, it just feels too much like "more Smash" instead of "the next Smash" with nothing really impressive to show for itself. Of all games that I would say lack a focal identity, it's definitely 4. The game was heavily compromised by being stretched across two consoles. Ultimate feels more like a proper sequel than Smash 4 did, although I acknowledge Smash 4 added some important things and became a necessary stepping stone to Ultimate.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all just went to go see Stuber.

Overrall a decent flick. A fun timewaster with a few flaws but overall I had fun with it. :)

Guess I take it too the Lupin leak is dead?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wish me luck. Tomorrow morning I have to go to my bosses office instead of work. I might be getting fired.
why would you think you're getting fired if you have no reason to get fired

you cant even automatically get fired unless you did something really cray cray

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
At least we've got the timeframe narrowed down to two weeks. IIRC we had up to 40 days to wait for Joker after he got his release time narrowed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom