• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In terms of fast food restaurants that are near me, I'm mainly limited to A&W, Tim Hortons, Subway, Burger King, and McDonalds, and I'm not even sure how many people outside of Canada have heard of the first two. There's a bunch of pizza places, but they're all local restaurants as opposed to being part of a larger chain. We used to have a KFC nearby, but that closed down.

For what it's worth, I feel like Burger King has the best burgers, but McDonalds fries are hard to beat. A&W has fantastic onion rings, though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In terms of fast food restaurants that are near me, I'm mainly limited to A&W, Tim Hortons, Subway, Burger King, and McDonalds, and I'm not even sure how many people outside of Canada have heard of the first two. We used to have a KFC restaurant, but that closed down.

For what it's worth, I feel like Burger King has the best burgers, but McDonalds fries are hard to beat. A&W has fantastic onion rings, though.
My ideal fast food meal would be McDonald’s fries, a chik Gil a sandwich and some Mac and cheese bites from sheetz (again, look it up). Followed up by a whole day of eating nothing but green beans to offset the nutritional bomb.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If you could only pick one, which would you pick?

Terry Bogard in Smash

Or

Sol Badguy in Smash.
Terry Bogard, though admittedly, I haven't played a Guilty Gear game yet. (I have Xrd on Steam, but I have a LOT of other fighting games to get through, between Mortal Kombat X, the BlazBlue games, and a few Tekken games)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gindaco all the way. A step above fast food but a step under an actual restaurant.

https://www.gindaco.com/
Yoooo I wanna make my own Takoyaki now

As for fast foods uhhhh

THE BEST ONES DON’T @ ME: Panda Express, Panera, Five Guys, Papa Johns, Sushi Maki
Pretty good: Checkers/Rally’s, Wendy’s, DQ, Chick-fil-a, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Sushi Sake (it’s currently exclusive to my state tho)
Meh: McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Domino’s, Subway, Arby’s
NOPE: Little Caesar’s
Haven’t had in forever: KFC, Long John Silver’s
Never had: In N Out, Chipotle, Whataburger, Jack In The Box, Wing Street, Sonic, Carl’s Jr., Popeyes

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got 17 Pizza related restaurants (Among those being Little Caesar's, Boston Pizza and Pizza Hut), 14 Tim Horton's, 9 Robin's Donuts (Exclusive to my country and also founded in my city), 8 Subways, 5 MacDonalds, 4 A&W's, 4 Pita Pit's, 3 Taco Times, 3 Mr. Sub's, 2 Dairy Queens, 1 Arby's and 1 Burger King.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So lets take things up to the next level.

Actual restaurants?

Kelsey's, AppleBees and Montana's are notably ones I really like. Also love Wacky's. For any non-Canadians many of you probably don't know what the latter is.
Chain restaurant favorite overall? Outback Steakhouse. Great steak, great burgers, great ribs...I LOOOOVE their food so much. They have all my favorite foods and I can't get enough of them. I love the crap out of Outback. And they're not that pricey compared to other sit down places I've been to. I've always received friendly service and they're quite fast, typically. The atmosphere is top notch as well, and their bread is perfection. I love everything about Outback.

Now...my favorite restaurant of ALL TIME, including private establishments?

A tie between two at the moment: Gino's East Pizza in Chicago, Illinois...and El Serrano of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Food, atmosphere, service...it's all been heavenly and pretty much perfection. Please go there. They're really good.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Actual restaurants?

Kelsey's, AppleBees and Montana's are notably ones I really like. Also love Wacky's. For any non-Canadians many of you probably don't know what the latter is.
Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, and TGIFridays are my favorites. But you can never go wrong with a good diner. Every town has one (in America at least), none of them are affiliated at all, and they all serve basically the same food.

D

Deleted member

Actual restaurants?

In terms of chains I like it's just Buffalo Wild Wings, and even then I only go there every so often. I'm lucky enough to have a wide variety of incredibly good locally-owned places close by to eat at instead.
If you're ever in Arizona and passing through the Verde Valley area, check out The Hudson in Sedona and Bocce Pizzeria in Cottonwood, they've both got some goddamn incredible food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>TFW Crawl (2019) currently sits at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.
>Laughing at the fact Lion King (2019) sits at 58%.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some more Sword and shield footage:

Lapras is back, another point most likely towards the leak. Not that it needs it though. Nice to get a few more confirms though. Mawile is pretty cool to have too.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Looks like people almost unanimously prefer Terry. So, let’s posit another debate.

If you could pick only one, which one do you pick?

Quote in Smash

Or

Chell in Smash
Quote would probably be more feasible, but if they figure out a way to get Chell’s portals to work in Smash, then she would be a very interesting and trippy fighter.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What did you go see?
An anime movie called Sound! Euphonium The Movie: our promise

My friend had no idea what the anime was all about and she only wanted to see the movie because it was an anime movie. She didn't do any research seeing how the movie stems off of the two seasons of the anime. Virginia Beach gets anime movies ever so rarely, when we do get them we go see him

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Lapras is back, another point most likely towards the leak. Not that it needs it though. Nice to get a few more confirms though. Mawile is pretty cool to have too.
Ferroseed, and Toxapex lines confirmed.

I really can’t wait to play this, I think it looks great.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Looks like people almost unanimously prefer Terry. So, let’s posit another debate.

If you could pick only one, which one do you pick?

Quote in Smash

Or

Chell in Smash
Chell, but she needs Wheatly/Potato GLaDOS to speak during her victory screens and taunts.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
styles released another montage

to my surprise i realize that joker wasn't in the 14 minutes of compilations at all

not a single one

are people really that tired of joker? :drshrug: hero and banjo is gonna be worse.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, anticipation for a Hero drop this week was a nothingburger.

You know what that means.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
styles released another montage

to my surprise i realize that joker wasn't in the 14 minutes of compilations at all

not a single one

are people really that tired of joker? :drshrug: hero and banjo is gonna be worse.
Maybe, I think Banjo could see a lot of long term play though because he's been wanted for so long. I don't see people dropping playing him for at least a year imo. Even longer if he can do good competitively.

As for Hero, I could see the same thing, because he had more likes then banjo trailer wise and I believe is the highest viewed smash trailer iirc. Which seems to indicate a lot of hype that I could only see disappear if his magic mechanic isn't handled well and turns people away. We'll just have to wait this out I suppose.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if you keep saying hero will come tomorrow after it doesnt happen the last time you said he would come tomorrow eventually you'll get it right

whether it be the the 1st time or the 26th time, it'll happen

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think the amiibo release pattern(not the three part) actually holds true for the DLC characters. The next waves are this month, September and November. Plausible months for Hero, Banjo, and DLC character #4. After all they have to update Smash to add compatibility to the newly released Amiibo(unless it's already updated for all of them)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Glalie line confirmed back? Neat, it looks like all of the Pokemon I like quite a bit are back (except for my top 3, they're good as dead)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, I still think we will get Hero next week. I even wrote an article about it based on the Japanese summer vacation starting next week. We saw Joker released before the Golden Week holidays so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hero get the same treatment.

I think next Monday (Sunday evening in the States) will be the day for a reveal as it’s a national holiday in Japan. It’s Ocean Day and kids have the day off. Seeing as how Hero is a popular Japanese character and well loved by student-age players, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is revealed on that day as a way to maximize visibility for their target audience.

Obviously this.

Its probably 100% because doggie lives in the end! :grin:
Great. I love both Monster and Disaster movies. Looks like my cup of teaZ

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*snip*

Hot Take: Those visuals actually look really dang good.

I was on the fence about the graphics after the first trailer we got but they've really polished the look a ton in these past several months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom