• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Both :ultpiranha: & :ultjoker: released on Wednesdays; the former on January 10th, the latter on April 17th. If my current "Wednesday theory" is correct (formerly Thursday Theory), then we'll possibly see :ulthero: drop on the 17th of this month, and :ultbanjokazooie: on another Wednesday in September.

In other news, running scripts through Google Translate is one of the best ways to kill your time. If you're bored, copy and paste away, I ain't gonna stop you from having a good laugh.
Scripts? Are you studying film too?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Both :ultpiranha: & :ultjoker: released on Wednesdays; the former on January 10th, the latter on April 17th. If my current "Wednesday theory" is correct (formerly Thursday Theory), then we'll possibly see :ulthero: drop on the 17th of this month, and :ultbanjokazooie: on another Wednesday in September.
how the **** do you turn a thursday theory into wednesday theory

its either coincidence or it isnt, pick one

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
****, I forgot to include the Growlithe line and Pinsir as Gen 1 Pokemon I like... maybe I do like more Gen 1 Pokemon than I thought... but I'm also just fatigued by them. I've had a similar situation with music: I love Black Sabbath, and I love Iron Man, but I'm less keen on listening to it these days because it's always the one song of theirs that gets played everywhere. I also just want to never randomly encounter Zubats and Ratata's in my life (Even though Crobat is legitimately one of my favorite Pokemon, definitely top 5... for no real good reason I can explain haha).

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Scripts? Are you studying film too?
Not really, I just enjoy how much of a trainwreck it becomes when you run something through Google Translate a few times, which can be seen here.
If that's your passion, though, keep at it. It'll take you places someday.

how the **** do you turn a thursday theory into wednesday theory

its either coincidence or it isnt, pick one
Meh, I called it Thursday theory when I conceived it because I thought Plant and Joker came out on Thursdays, not Wednesdays. Simply an act of forgetfulness.

Noipoi

Howdy!
****, I forgot to include the Growlithe line and Pinsir as Gen 1 Pokemon I like... maybe I do like more Gen 1 Pokemon than I thought... but I'm also just fatigued by them. I've had a similar situation with music: I love Black Sabbath, and I love Iron Man, but I'm less keen on listening to it these days because it's always the one song of theirs that gets played everywhere. I also just want to never randomly encounter Zubats and Ratata's in my life (Even though Crobat is legitimately one of my favorite Pokemon, definitely top 5... for no real good reason I can explain haha).
As a Sinnoh/Unova boy I gotta say that I didn’t pay much mind to gen 1 before all the pandering started. Though when Let’s Go was coming out and I had to come up with a team I found out I really liked Lapras and Dodrio.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Clouds are just water.

You’re getting nothing out of this Yoshi, go chase something else.
but it says cloud n candy

this can only mean willy warionka is polluting the air of the mario universe using his gigantic candy monopoly factory

Noipoi

Howdy!
but it says cloud n candy

this can only mean willy warionka is polluting the air of the mario universe using his gigantic candy monopoly factory
Willy Wonka is a maniac who let children be murdered in his factory and he didn’t blink an eye

He must be stopped

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Willy Wonka is a maniac who let children be murdered in his factory and he didn’t blink an eye

He must be stopped
there's a kid who was processed into chocolate and no one cared

do you wanna know what happened to the kid who got everything he wished for?

he got to live.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
there's a kid who was processed into chocolate and no one cared

do you wanna know what happened to the kid who got everything he wished for?

he got to live.
There’s someone in that world who ate chocolate made of a kid, maybe several people.

This is like a creepy pasta.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There’s someone in that world who ate chocolate made of a kid, maybe several people.

This is like a creepy pasta.
willy wonka stared at me with his hyper realistic eyes and threw me in the chocolate river

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because cereal mascots are the best Smash fighters.
I unironically agree.

It’s probably because I’m a dirty, western cartoon loving American but I love the wackier characters. The stupider the expressions the better.

And Crash is nothing but wacky.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because cereal mascots are the best Smash fighters.
does that make JRPGs raisin bran since everyone hates them apparently

i mean fire emblem is technically a TRPG but it can get a J in there, it counts

osby

Smash Obsessed
I grew up with Western cartoons, but I don't remember having any particular affection for wacky cartoon designs.

Maybe I watched too many anime-styled French animations.

StormC

Smash Hero
For a cartoony fighter like Smash, I like that there are characters of so many different species, body types, art styles, etc. The cartoony types just pop out more in this kind of video game. More "serious" characters can be fun for certain money shots or funny mashups but generally speaking I'm more drawn to the inhuman and silly characters. There's still plenty of humanoid characters I love, but they're not my overall preferred flavor. They're a good sprinkle on the cereal mascot ice cream scoop that is the Smash roster, but when I look at Ultimate's roster so far, I like how it's this bizarre mash up of character designs. The fact that Banjo and Joker are newcomers in the same game, hell, the same Fighters Pass, is god damn insane. Smash 4's newcomers overall felt too much on the normal humanoid side of things, even if I really liked some of those characters.

Crash is the only plausible character that fits that description at this point. If the last two DLC characters are normal humanoids then I'll be fine with it because so far Ultimate has already done a great job with roster variety, but I won't say no to another cereal mascot at this point.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only non-humanoid character I want in Smash is practically dead, both in speculation and in her own franchise, at this point.

Amaterasu, the sun will rise again someday...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only non-humanoid character I want in Smash is practically dead, both in speculation and in her own franchise, at this point.

Amaterasu, the sun will rise again someday...
Better than being abused and then killed off innocently by your owner.

You'll make the janitor genre of video games popular one day, Chibi-Robo...

1562912045948.png

D

Deleted member

When you guys do a Pokemon playthrough do you plan your teams or make it up as you go?

Half of the fun for me is starting a game knowing exactly what Pokemon I want and what moves I'll give them. I really enjoy teambuilding, planning and organizing. I don't like catching a Pokemon knowing I might dump it two gyms later, wasting all that time and EXP on it. Sometimes though if it seems unfeasible I'll change plans midway; in White 2 I originally was gonna raise a Vespiquen but I got fed up trying to catch a female Combee and settled for Pinsir instead, which worked out fine cuz he was strong as hell.
I just like to make my teams from Pokemon of the new regions. Particularly ones that I like the designs.
What do you guys think of my process of elimination theory for the last 2 DLC fighters?

-If any game franchise currently has an upcoming title but is *not* revealed for Smash to cross-promote it, chances are they ain’t in.

Ex: :ulthero: was revealed before promoting EoaEA for Switch.

New franchises that currently don’t have a new upcoming game are exceptions. (:ultjoker:/:ultbanjokazooie:)

You don’t have to agree with me, I just think it’s possible thus making speculation a bit easier.
So let me get this clear, would this eliminate Doomguy since Eternal? Frankly, while I don't think Doomguy is coming, if a character is selected to cross-promote a game then I think its probably going to be revealed closer to the release of its title wouldn't it?

I would think that characters are chosen based on different factors, so we might see characters that catch us on a blindside as well as characters that seem logical.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm both happy and scared that Toxipex will be back. Happy because it's a pretty neat Pokémon, scared because Dynamax Toxipex will be the thing of nightmares.
Nah I'll bet stall teams will hate Dynamax as a mechanic. It only lasts for three turns, and Pokemon like Toxapex specialize it whittling their opponent's health over several.

Meanwhile offensive pokemon and teams will get a lot of mileage out of it, most likely. One or two turns is more then enough time for them to score a critical KO or break a defensive core they couldn't have otherwise.

I think defensive teams are more likely to use dynamaxing as a way to stall out their opponent's own dynamax turns.

D

Deleted member

I had a dream about me forming a band with Weird Al Yankovic and Audrey II.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can’t wait to get home to play Dragon Quest Builders 2!
Wish I had DQB2.

All I have is the Demo.
-------------------------------
So far, I've sent Activision/Beenox two feedback forms regarding CTR.

...Yes, two.

Here's what I talked about
Form 1
  • More Cup Options in Offline Multiplayer (e.g. being able to play the Adventure Areas as Cups, and the Gem Cups, in Multiplayer),
  • Wumpa Coin rewards for completing Cups (you are locking yourself into four races at a time, after all)
  • The ability to create your own Custom Cups (some of the tracks, like Oxide Station, Turbo Track and Clockwork Wumpa, aren't part of the Cups and can only be played in Single Races and the Time Trials)
  • Being able to play Cups in Online Lobbies
  • Reintroducing the unique items from CNK
  • Giving the player the ability to share Time Trial ghosts Online
  • Allowing the player to playback Time Trial ghosts,
Had a lot to say about the Cup System...
Form 2
  • A Reverse Mode for racing (i.e. racing on the tracks backwards, not just Mirror Mode, you'd be surprised how much this can change a track)
  • Having the tracks from Crash Tag Team Racing be Section-based rather than Lap-based (like N64 Rainbow Road, Mount Wario and Big Blue in Mario Kart 8), with 5 tracks based on the 5 Hub Worlds, where each lap is based on one of each of the Hubs' three tracks.
  • Including the unabridged version of Hyper Spaceway (the Nitro-Fueled version is about half the length of the original).
  • A Kart Decal design contest, and other, similar contests.
This is by far the most feedback I've ever given a game. Not that there's much competition, the only other "feedback" I've ever given was when I voted for Isaac on the Smash Ballot.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Mine ran out of battery and now it can't save anymore...
The positive side is that I can start over each time without having to delete a pipe.
The negative is that recently, a dead pixel line appeared on the screen of my Gameboy Pocket (that by the way still work perfectly aside of that).

EDIT: to be more precise, it's not dead pixel, it's black pixels, so they turn on but aren't controlled anymore.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is all the DLC we get for Ultimate. How do you react?

Bonus Character: Piranha Plant

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot
Bonus Character: Geno

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Leon S. Kennedy/Jill Valentine (alt skins ala Robin)
  • Chell
  • Kratos
Bonus Character: Chorus Kids (Only Bonus Character with Stage)

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is all the DLC we get for Ultimate. How do you react?

Bonus Character: Piranha Plant

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot
Bonus Character: Geno

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Leon S. Kennedy/Jill Valentine (alt skins ala Robin)
  • Chell
  • Kratos
Bonus Character: Chorus Kids (Only Bonus Character with Stage)

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku
I'd be fine with it (WIth the exception of Goku) but it's too good to be true honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom