• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is all the DLC we get for Ultimate. How do you react?

Bonus Character: Piranha Plant

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot
Bonus Character: Geno

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Leon S. Kennedy/Jill Valentine (alt skins ala Robin)
  • Chell
  • Kratos
Bonus Character: Chorus Kids (Only Bonus Character with Stage)

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku
I would have loved to see Layton, Classic Doomguy, Phoenix Wright or Master Chief too... But at least I got Guv and Crash in on this scenario.

I seriously doubt Goku, but ok for the ones who kind of wanted him I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Random game, name 3 characters you do NOT want for Smash. The rules are...

1. Video game character.
2. No silly picks like Putt Putt or Pajama Sam.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Chell
  • Kratos

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku
I'd stop purchasing the passes after the first one, but it's neat having more newcomers than Brawl and Melee combined.

Joker, Steve and Leon/Jill are the only fighters I'm particularly interested in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd stop purchasing the passes after the first one, but it's neat having more newcomers than Brawl and Melee combined.
Same thoughts.

The first pass would feature the only ones left of my most wanted, and outside of Jill Valentine and maybe Steve I don't really care about the characters from the next passes.

I would also find it as a bit of a downer to get Goku before Layton.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Chell
  • Kratos

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku
Not interested in most the picks but it's got Rayman in so it'd still be worth it to me - I'd probably just buy him and a few other characters individually rather than getting the passes

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same thoughts.

The first pass would feature the only ones left of my most wanted, and outside of Jill Valentine and maybe Steve I don't really care about the characters from the next passes.

I would also find it as a bit of a downer to get Goku before Layton.
I think Goku before any character is nonsense. Also putting him into a season pass after two seasons of only video game characters comes as tricking people into purchasing him.

D

Deleted member

Maybe this’ll come as a surprise, but I actually do not want any sort of FNAF representation in Smash. It really wouldn’t make sense imo. What’s funny is that’s becoming more realistic as FNAF becomes less and less of an indie game. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would have loved to see Layton, Classic Doomguy, Phoenix Wright or Master Chief too... But at least I got Guv and Crash in on this scenario.

I seriously doubt Goku, but ok for the ones who kind of wanted him I suppose.
I think Goku before any character is nonsense. Also putting him into a season pass after two seasons of only video game characters comes as tricking people into purchasing him.
So based on these comments, I re-worked Season 3

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Professor Layton
Bonus with Stage: Son Goku

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe.

I think it’s just because I can’t generally see horror and Smash mixing well, but spirits could work if you really tried.
I actually wouldn't mind horror characters in Smash. There are a lot of untapped potential there.

Resident Evil, for example, wouldn't have trouble fitting in, considering how campy its games can be. Fatal Frame also would be cool, but admittedly isn't as easy to implement characters from.

D

Deleted member

I actually wouldn't mind horror characters in Smash. There are a lot of untapped potential there.

Resident Evil, for example, wouldn't have trouble fitting in, considering how campy its games can be. Fatal Frame also would be cool, but admittedly isn't as easy to implement characters from.
Your actually right. That being said, I don’t know why I can’t see FNAF in Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm about to talk about some Spider-man: Far From Home spoilers so. Here we go:
First off that midcredits scene is just... wow. So many revelations so fast with almost no time to stop and think about the implications. J. K. Simmons? Peter is Spider-man revealed? Awesome.

Here's my thing. Mysterio better not be dead. Marvel has done an exceptional job of setting up something that Sony has wanted to do for, like, ever now. They already have, potentially 5 of The Sinister Six. Shocker, Vulture, Scorpion, and Donald Glover's Aaron Davis/Prowler could all very well be members of The Sinister Six meaning that 4 of them would have been introduced in Homecoming. Number 5 could be Mysterio if they play their cards right and get Gyllenhaal back, they can easily come up with a story for how The Master of Illusions survived. After all Peter asked "is this real" to which EDITH responded with "No illusions detected". So, everyone knows that Peter is Spider-man, 5 of the 6 possible Sinister Six are already present in the MCU, Venom or Morbius could be a possible 6 since they have their own movies, and there's a possibility Spider-man 3 WON'T be a Sinister Six movie? Really?

The only way they could make up for 3 not being a S6 movie is if they pulled a Multiverse and somehow some way by some miracle got Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield back to REALLY break open the Spider-man Fandom. Other than that? Maybe a Venom crossover? They gotta go BIG for this 3rd movie. Especially if it ends up being Tom Holland's last stand alone one.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
First off that midcredits scene is just... wow. So many revelations so fast with almost no time to stop and think about the implications. J. K. Simmons? Peter is Spider-man revealed? Awesome.

Here's my thing. Mysterio better not be dead. Marvel has done an exceptional job of setting up something that Sony has wanted to do for, like, ever now. They already have, potentially 5 of The Sinister Six. Shocker, Vulture, Scorpion, and Donald Glover's Aaron Davis/Prowler could all very well be members of The Sinister Six meaning that 4 of them would have been introduced in Homecoming. Number 5 could be Mysterio if they play their cards right and get Gyllenhaal back, they can easily come up with a story for how The Master of Illusions survived. After all Peter asked "is this real" to which EDITH responded with "No illusions detected". So, everyone knows that Peter is Spider-man, 5 of the 6 possible Sinister Six are already present in the MCU, Venom or Morbius could be a possible 6 since they have their own movies, and there's a possibility Spider-man 3 WON'T be a Sinister Six movie? Really?

The only way they could make up for 3 not being a S6 movie is if they pulled a Multiverse and somehow some way by some miracle got Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield back to REALLY break open the Spider-man Fandom. Other than that? Maybe a Venom crossover? They gotta go BIG for this 3rd movie. Especially if it ends up being Tom Holland's last stand alone one.
J.K. Simmons coming back as JJJ is one of the best surprises the MCU has thrown at me.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So based on these comments, I re-worked Season 3

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Professor Layton
Bonus with Stage: Son Goku
Rayman AND Layton? Yes please - though the wait for a third season pass would be painful

D

Deleted member

How would you feel if I told you that Far From Home deals themes related with my experience during the months before June in a good way?

Peter's development through the movie almost mimicks how my mind and heart behaved back then, with the fears and worries regarding the people close to me after the three deaths I had to deal with in such short periods.

Mysterio does kind of represent the nightmares, fears and betrayals I got during that period in a chillingly close way. With the mental torture he did to Peter almost resembling the nightmares I got from those cases and many other stuff. The sentences of "Maybe if you were better he would still be alive" and "I don't think you know what's real" even resembled the state of my mind back then, worried about me not doing enough to prevent what happened or not having the right mental health or fears about possible deaths that could happen but never did.

Happy Hogan and the way Spidey beated Mysterio at London also resemble pretty close the stuff I had to get out of all that hellhole: Happy Hogan represented people such as Grey, Noipoi, Nate Fernandez, my friends or my parents who supported me by telling stories and experiences about them or close relatives dealing with the same stuff I had going on in my life. And in the same way that Spidey beated Mysterio by closing his eyes and letting his heart and Spider-Sense direct him without getting shot... I also closed my mind from thinking too much about what could and just move through all of it letting my hopes for a return to joy and my heart guide me up until June.

Far From Home is not my favourite MCU movie just because of Mysterio and the special effects... I also love it because Tom Holland does an outstanding job at portraying someone who has gone through as much stuff as I did, while managing to bring some important lessons to the viewer regarding how to deal with all of it.

It is a movie with heart.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I haven’t seen the movie yet. Maybe my opinion will change when I actually do but....

i do not like the JJJ twist. Sure, bringing back JK is great but, I really liked Spider-Man having his secret identity. The only Marvel character to maintain one. And I’m not interested in seeing a movie where those consequences are explored. A whole movie of Spidey being hunted by SHEILD, he ends up going to jail to protect someone then he gets out just in time to stop the bad guy and the cops, judge, and lawyers you’ve grown to hate through this process get no punishment. If you’re lucky the framer gets consequences but it doesn’t always happen. I’ve seen it all before and I’ve hated it every time I’ve seen it.

I really want Marvel to give me a reason to keep watching now that DC is getting good. I’m really realizing how much I was watching Marvel because it was the only option above anything else.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I haven’t seen the movie yet. Maybe my opinion will change when I actually do but....

i do not like the JJJ twist. Sure, bringing back JK is great but, I really liked Spider-Man having his secret identity. The only Marvel character to maintain one. And I’m not interested in seeing a movie where those consequences are explored. A whole movie of Spidey being hunted by SHEILD, he ends up going to jail to protect someone then he gets out just in time to stop the bad guy and the cops, judge, and lawyers you’ve grown to hate through this process get no punishment. If you’re lucky the framer gets consequences but it doesn’t always happen. I’ve seen it all before and I’ve hated it every time I’ve seen it.
You're making a lot of assumptions. There's nothing says that the next movie will be completely about that reveal. For all we know, it'll just be a side plot.

I really want Marvel to give me a reason to keep watching now that DC is getting good. I’m really realizing how much I was watching Marvel because it was the only option above anything else
Why not both?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dare to say that Tom Holland has done an interpretation of Peter Parker at the level of Tobey Maguire or even better with Far From Home.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I heard that Operation Meatier will be making gameplay videos...
Untitled design (10).png
Are you happy, @Taylor F?
I dare to say that Tom Holland has done an interpretation of Peter Parker at the level of Tobey Maguire or even better with Far From Home.
Honestly I always preferred Tom Holland's performance.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really want Marvel to give me a reason to keep watching now that DC is getting good. I’m really realizing how much I was watching Marvel because it was the only option above anything else.
Having competition in the superhero movie market definitely seems like a good thing; it seems like it will encourage both companies to improve and try different things instead of resting on their laurels and sticking to a formula.

It's why Captain America: Civil War was given the green light after Batman v. Superman was announced, and it's why I'm one of the three or four people on the Internet that actually liked Suicide Squad - because DC wasn't just copying Marvel's formula, but trying something different, giving us this pre-established world where aliens, wizards, speedsters, crocodile-men, gods, soul-stealing swords, and all sorts of comic book ridiculousness can exist without needing to explain every single detail. (by contrast, it took Marvel fourteen movies to get full-blown, unambiguous magic - Loki might count, but the Thor movies treated its magic as being incredibly advanced science)

Now if only we could get another Superman movie with Henry Cavill - they finally did the character justice in Justice League, but they seem bizarrely uncommitted to making another movie about him in spite of that. Just continue with his characterization from Justice League and put him against Brainiac or something.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Chell
  • Kratos

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku
I’m naturally down for as much Smash content as we can get. I love the franchise and I trust Sakurai, but his would be officially a bit too heavy on third parties and specifically third parties I don’t care a ton about (though again, I’m sure Sakurai would make them more interesting to the point where I’d be in to them all).

I’d only really be excited for Crash Bandicoot, Leon/Jill, Ryu Hayabusa, and the added Layton. I like the idea of Vault Boy and Chell... but neither are my favorite ideas from their respective companies (Doom Slayer and ****ing Gordon Freeman himself are much preferred).

Most of the rest are just fine with Terry Bogard being the big disappointment I guess since I care the least for him. Feels a bit like going down the checklist of major third parties honestly...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I need a :ulthero:
I'm holding out for a :ulthero: 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Chell
  • Kratos

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku
I'm already content, but Crash is the only other character I think fits perfectly with Smash that would be great to have in. So I'd be set with Pass 1. Getting Spyro would be a great added bonus. Not a fan of any of the other characters personally, though Rayman fits with Smash well and would be a nice addition. The only character not on this list that I would like, outside of deconfirmed characters, would be Sora.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here’s mine.

Fighter Pass 1:
  • Joker
  • Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Terry Bogard
Fighter Pass 2:
  • Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy
  • Nightmare
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Crash Bandicoot

Dunno if I’ll work on a third one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fighter Pass 1:
-Joker
-Guv/Hero
-Banjo
-Layton
-Crash Bandicoot

Fighter Pass 2:
-Eternal Doomguy
-Agumon
-Dante
-Jill Valentine
-Spyro

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

Joker, Steve and Leon/Jill are the only fighters I'm particularly interested in.
I honestly still want Steve.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Here’s mine.

Fighter Pass 1:
  • Joker
  • Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Terry Bogard
Fighter Pass 2:
  • Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy
  • Nightmare
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Crash Bandicoot

Dunno if I’ll work on a third one.
It has Shantae so that's a 10/10 from me.

It was fine. You could've went with propeller tail for Up Special like the pups do in Crafted World :yoshi:
There is probably loads of other things I missed. Thing is I don't know much about Poochy and I didn't see any propeller tails in the videos I saw. Probably missed more,

eyo gamers heres a little fun support thread for a character nate voices

https://smashboards.com/threads/sticky-for-smash.486295/

Just a fun thingy, not meant to be taken seriously.
Wow! Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom