• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
nopon: hey i need to make a gift can you grab some materials

me: aight

nopon: aight so im gonna need some glow sticks, a wet rat, and some chicken pot pie

me: oh god oh ****

I spent 2 hours grinding to find wet rats, I am not making this up.

That doesn't prove Mario steers him and makes him jump. It's been established when you meet him that they have mutual goals and that they work together to meet it. He has the same autonomy as the Mario Bros. mount or no mount, and I have made it clear that Yoshi doesn't qualify as a "power-up" as everyone was arguing...
He isn't a power-up but he isn't what you're saying he is either. :nifty: He's a mount.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
From a game mechanics standpoint Yoshi is a power-up, lore wise he's a companion.

Can we agree on that?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So.... it seems that I'm going to get a Switch very soon.
The wait was worth, they finally announced it.
350 € for Swithc was too much for me, 200€ is a much more fair price; also, no joycon (I hate wireless stuff), I don't care of the 3D rumble and infrared thing, and I'm definitely more of a handheld player, I played WiiU on the tablet 99% of the time.

Switch Lite is definitely the version of Swithc for me, and I'm going to get it day one. I only hope that they won't make too many games that are not compatible with handheld mode.

I'm planning to get Link's Awakening and Kirby, both Hollow Knight games, and who knows... I'm still on the fence about Smash, and I'll definitely consider Mario Maker and Kuigi's Mansion too, but I'm not sure to get them... maybe later.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yoshi’s a mount that gives the player more abilities and an extra hit like a power up, but also has his own power ups and abilities. He’s a helper character.

There, god damn.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
of course you do

it wouldnt be able to do its job if it wasnt able to
F.L.U.D.D. has handles that lets Mario use it's abilities.

And even if it was the case that it was acting on its own without Mario's input, that would be an example of a teamwork mechanic a la Banjo-Kazooie. They're "both" playable without one dominating the other...

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
So?
Still waiting for nintendo to fix its eshop I cant buy ctr nitro fueled it keeps on refusing and giving me an error.

D

Deleted member

The marks from those past exams just released.

I passed.

When summer is over I’ll be at university.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The marks from those past exams just released.

I passed.

When summer is over I’ll be at university.
Congrats.

Enjoy your holiday. Not to intimidate you, but university is a whole different beast compared to highschool.

D

Deleted member

Congrats.

Enjoy your holiday. Not to intimidate you, but university is a whole different beast compared to highschool.
I’ll try to bring all of my best when I enter.

But yes, now I just have to enjoy these holidays.

I really need them after the past months, and so far they have done wonders for myself.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I think I'll see Far From Home on Sunday. After that, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I'll finally be caught up on the MCU :yoshi:
You really should.

Far From Home has actually become my favourite MCU movie.

It deals with themes I had to also deal with during the past months in a neat way, has an outstanding version of my favourite Spidey character and the visual presentation is just breathtaking.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You really should.

Far From Home has actually become my favourite MCU movie.

It deals with themes I had to also deal with during the past months in a neat way, has an outstanding version of my favourite Spidey character and the visual presentation is just breathtaking.
I just might have a ranking of the MCU films when this is all done

Also, since I also watched the TV shows, it's quite clear to me just how ****ed the continuity is :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

The word nintendo
Does that mean crash confirmed smash!
(Ok I am joking but please crash for smash)
I wish the same.

But since I already got everything and everyone I wanted inside Ultimate outside of Crash, I can live if he doesn’t get in.

But I won’t give up until the end.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I wish the same.

But since I already got everything and everyone I wanted inside Ultimate outside of Crash, I can live if he doesn’t get in.

But I won’t give up until the end.
Same
I want him in smash and I will try my hardest to get him in.
He was my childhood.

D

Deleted member

Same
I want him in smash and I will try my hardest to get him in.
He was my childhood.
As someone who had Eight/Guv as one of their childhood videogame characters and also pretty wanted for Smash... yeah, it feels great when they get in.

Time will tell Crash’s fate in Smash, but at the moment I’ll deeply enjoy Guv while the Fighter Pass keeps going.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
As someone who had Eight/Guv as one of their childhood videogame characters and also pretty wanted for Smash... yeah, it feels great when they get in.

Time will tell Crash’s fate in Smash, but at the moment I’ll deeply enjoy Guv while the Fighter Pass keeps going.
Yeah good luck we will have to wait till the next e3 to get our fighter pass.

D

Deleted member

Yeah good luck we will have to wait till the next e3 to get our fighter pass.
Not a problem honestly.

With all the stuff already in + Guv the wait will be easier.

That without mentioning other games that aren’t Smash such as UA3, DQXIS, DQB2, Medievil, Pokémon Shield, Doom Eternal or P5R.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not only is he not a power-up in SMW, he gets his own power-ups not afforded to Mario...
What I mean when I say from a game "mechanics perspective" is when you think of the game solely from a mechanical standpoint, thinking of Mario/Yoshi as the mere sprites on a screen they are. It may be a more pragmatic view but it's a valid one.

Your default ability is to jump.
With Yoshi you can jump higher, flutter jump, and eat enemies. You also have an extra buffer against damage. There's no real downside to it either, aside from not being able to use Fireballs and other moves. You're "powered up" in the truest sense of the term.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What I mean when I say from a game "mechanics perspective" is when you think of the game solely from a mechanical standpoint, thinking of Mario/Yoshi as the mere sprites on a screen they are. It may be a more pragmatic view but it's a valid one.

Your default ability is to jump.
With Yoshi you can jump higher, flutter jump, and eat enemies. You also have an extra buffer against damage. There's no real downside to it either, aside from not being able to use Fireballs and other moves. You're "powered up" in the truest sense of the term.
Then in that case, I consider it a "powered-up character" and not a power-up...

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Not a problem honestly.

With all the stuff already in + Guv the wait will be easier.

That without mentioning other games that aren’t Smash such as UA3, DQXIS, DQB2, Medievil, Pokémon Shield, Doom Eternal or P5R.
I am hyped for dqXIS,Pokemon sword and shield,p5r,And doom eternal.
Also age of empires remake
I forgot to mention watch dogs 3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, not quite. You don't directly control F.L.U.D.D. and as far as Super Mario Sunshine is concerned, they make up the entirety of the power-ups...
Also, power ups don't typically get their own long running spin off series of games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom