• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With Pokemon, I care more that it’s fun than pretty much anything else. Every Pokémon game i’ve played has been fun.

Once the game is out, nobody is going to care about Tail Whip looking the way it always has, as a move nobody uses once they can unlearn it. Animations are a complete and utter nitpick.

Does anybody really want Game Freak to spend countless hours reanimating Pokémon to do more poses and have unique idle animations? It’s never bothered me in the slightest because the gameplay of the series is what has always drawn me in.

Unless of course, you want more Pokémon scrapped just for more animations.

I never played Battle Revolution, but it’s not a full Pokémon game like X/Y, or Sword and Shield will be. Right now it’s the cool thing to do for people on Twitter and Social Media to nitpick the game, at least that’s the way i’m taking it, or at least cherry picking.

By no means does Sword and Shield look like a “perfect” Pokémon game.

Reusing animations like the ones they’re using is working smarter, not harder, something that I myself have been taught to do since I was a teenager. You don’t do things just to do them when you’re understaffed and already have a massive workload, with plenty of deadlines to meet.

I don’t know, maybe the complaining has just kinda gotten old to me. It would be different if the complaints were important to the success of the game or would change things drastically, but pretty much everything except for the National Dex is a nitpick.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
But of an... overreaction here. I'm just talking about a paid-up-front Stadium style game that works from phones, to ease use with the new bank system and to allow for easier mobile pvp. I don't see why it would be a soulless cashgrab or have ridiculous microtransactions.

I'd also love for it to be on switch at the same time, I just prioritize phone for mobile battling.
I would have said the same thing about Dr. Mario on phones, but instead you pay $5 for an hour of play.

The Switch is perfectly portable enough, we don't need phones for games. Pokemon Home is the perfect use for mobile, it should be an extension of the experience, not a full game by itself.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sword and Shield looks bad, and everybody who's defending it is accepting a sub-standard lazy product from a million dollar company.
Your argument doesn't hold any value if you don't explain why.

Just stating the facts. Y'all need to get woke, this game is a scam
It's not a scam. People are paying for what Pokemon said they would get.

D

Deleted member

I dont know man Are you blaming the graphics or the national poke dex?
A number of things, including the graphics and national dex (also, I know the game isn't actually a scam, its a joke. I know I shouldn't have to say that, but I have to say that)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I would have said the same thing about Dr. Mario on phones, but instead you pay $5 for an hour of play.

The Switch is perfectly portable enough, we don't need phones for games. Pokemon Home is the perfect use for mobile, it should be an extension of the experience, not a full game by itself.
Yeah the Dr Mario thing is pretty messed up, but I'm not sure how they'd reasonably make a Stadium style game into that.

And sure the Switch is portable, but I don't carry my Switch into work. I don't take it with me in my bag everywhere I go. It doesn't fit into pockets well either. If I run into a friend and they bring up pokemon, I'd rather say "yo let's battle now" instead of "we should meet up somewhere with our switches sometime."

Just stating the facts. Y'all need to get woke, this game is a scam
That's cool fam, but you're kinda being an ass with it. Chill. This is a verbal heads-up before more happens.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just sitting here more excited for Crawl this week then The Lion King (Which next week I'll just be watching the 1994 film instead at home on the 19th).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo , Gyrom8 Gyrom8 , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , KMDP KMDP , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos & @Taylor F

There ya go, new level uploaded

The Haunted Golden Hammer

ID: 02Q-73H-MKF

I honestly think it might be my weakest level yet, but hey, feel free to prove me wrong.

It's a puzzle level that use the Super Hammer in different way, well, in the few way I could use it anyway. Good lord Jesus, this style need more option.

Still, hope you enjoy. ~

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Hold hold on speaking of low quality animations did you see boom boom's animation in new super mario bros mario maker 2?

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Delfino and Pokemon Wuhu

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

People love using this game to compare animations, but for whatever reason, they tend to forget that the reviews of this game were anywhere from negative to lukewarm at best. If you didn't own Diamond and Pearl, there really wasn't much to do in this game.

If you're going to compare animations, at least find a game that was well-received.

Speaking of Pokemon and animations, here's something I found today.

If the animation itself looks good, who cares? Seriously, it's not like Pokemon is the only franchise who does this. This is just someone going out of their way to find another reason why people should be upset with SwSh, even if said reason is really insignificant and stupid.
It’s time.

1. Yeah, the game wasn’t the most well reveived, but we’re reffering to the animations specificly, not the actual overall quality of the game, so I feel that, in this case, the reception is irrelevant unless a good amount of those reviewers disliked the animations.

2. Yeah, as for the re-used animation deal I’m kinda neutral on that. On one hand, it saves times. On another hand, it makes the character feel even more like “Just another Hau.” Literally the same mannerisms. A new animation would be ideal, because you can personalize the character more, but it’s not that big a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If y'all really wanna complain about animations, take your anger out on this, not SwSh.

The animation looks good, but they really sucked the life out of the characters.
The Lion King remake animators were singing Hakuna Matata while animating that crap.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm just sitting here more excited for Crawl this week then The Lion King (Which next week I'll just be watching the 1994 film instead at home on the 19th).
I'm vividly angry at Crawl. This is not a joke.

I live in the Florida Panhandle, which was absolutely devastated by the category 5 hurricane that came last year, one of the strongest to hit the US mainland ever. Everyone here knows at least one person who lost everything that they had. The entire area is still recovering, even the more inland areas. I stayed with my parents right above the Georgia line, and the wind was still so bad that it literally peeled shingles off the roof, and we lost power for over a week. Many neighbors had trees fall through their homes or worse; we got lucky. And that was in ****ing Georgia.

This is not to mention the farms who had their crops completely wiped out, or the loggers who had literal decades of sustainable tree farming destroyed. Plus businesses and a military base. We're talking current estimates of 25 BILLION dollars of damage.

So the fact that a Cat 5 hurricane in Florida is the backdrop for a monster film a year later makes me very, very angry. People just don't give a **** about the storm, outside of the area.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If y'all really wanna complain about animations, take your anger out on this, not SwSh.

The animation looks good, but they really sucked the life out of the characters.
I’m not complaining. Apologies if it came off that way. It was just something I wanted to discuss.

Also, I totally agree with that last statement. The animations are (99% of the time,) good, but they’re less unique and feel less special.

D

Deleted member

The Lion King remake animators were singing Hakuna Matata while animating that crap.
I only have interest on Mulan regarding Disney Live Action remakes.

Mostly since that one seems to at least try a new take on the tale by making it a more realistic and action-focused production.

Everything else is a complete skip.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm vividly angry at Crawl. This is not a joke.

I live in the Florida Panhandle, which was absolutely devastated by the category 5 hurricane that came last year, one of the strongest to hit the US mainland ever. Everyone here knows at least one person who lost everything that they had. The entire area is still recovering, even the more inland areas. I stayed with my parents right above the Georgia line, and the wind was still so bad that it literally peeled shingles off the roof, and we lost power for over a week. Many neighbors had trees fall through their homes or worse; we got lucky. And that was in ****ing Georgia.

This is not to mention the farms who had their crops completely wiped out, or the loggers who had literal decades of sustainable tree farming destroyed. Plus businesses and a military base. We're talking current estimates of 25 BILLION dollars of damage.

So the fact that a Cat 5 hurricane in Florida is the backdrop for a monster film a year later makes me very, very angry. People just don't give a **** about the storm, outside of the area.
I'm really sorry for your friends loss and what you and your friend went through. I hope I'm not being bad or offensive I'm still anticipated for this movie...I'm a huge sucker for killer creature flicks. :(

Given your feelings and now that you mention it I'm honestly surprised there's no controversy over this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, if I’m being honest, Sword and Sheild does not look bad. There’s a difference between bad and not meeting standards. The game, on my old rating chart, from what we’ve seen, is totally fine, but I just feel it lacks passion and creativity in certain areS.

D

Deleted member

I only have interest on Mulan regarding Disney Live Action remakes.

Mostly since that one seems to at least try a new take on the tale by making it a more realistic and action-focused production.

Everything else is a complete skip.
I never understood what was of interest in these for my generation. I've watched the classic Disney films, so I don't understand what I could takeaway from these remakes. Remaking them for a new generation makes sense, but it's not something I'll do unless my cousins are interested.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm really sorry for your friends loss and what you and your friend went through. I hope I'm not being bad or offensive I'm still anticipated for this movie...I'm a huge sucker for killer creature flicks. :(
Thanks. You aren't being offensive or anything; this is just the first time I've had someone mention Crawl around me, outside of my immediate friends and family.

Monster movies are fun! I love them. I just am angry at the production company for, at minimum, not delaying the release.

D

Deleted member

I would compare Sword & Shield to the Ultimate Alliance games so far.

They seem to be promising, just without trying to be groundbreaking or attempting a huge change for the Pokémon series.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Man, I'm excited for Stuber. Although, I'm going to see Annabelle Comes Home later today.
Yeah the Dr Mario thing is pretty messed up, but I'm not sure how they'd reasonably make a Stadium style game into that.

And sure the Switch is portable, but I don't carry my Switch into work. I don't take it with me in my bag everywhere I go. It doesn't fit into pockets well either. If I run into a friend and they bring up pokemon, I'd rather say "yo let's battle now" instead of "we should meet up somewhere with our switches sometime."
I assume it would something like a limited number of battles you can do, unless you pay for more plays.

Or even paying to use a move tutor or only allowing rental Pokemon unless you pay for a "battle pass" or something. There are so many ways that a mobile game could go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom