• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Man just got some sad news from my cousin. I’ll spoil it just to not kill any moods:
This past week we’ve been expecting my grandma to pass away due to her state of health, but he called tonight and let us know that his friend( who my knows quite well and he stays here plenty times with my cousin) lost his mother due to a heart attack. I just made her about 2 weeks ago for the first time and she seemed pretty nice. He was just going into college this year too, I can’t believed this happened. That’s a lot to deal with, I’ve beem there when my older brother passed due to a similar heart issue. It’s really rough on my cousin to because she was like a second mom to him. On top of the fact my grandma probably isn’t going to make it another week. That’s a lot to take in, especially for my cousin who would have suffered two big loses while also about to head into college. He already has gone through a lot in losing my uncle when he was younger.
I just can’t fathom how these things can happen like that to people who don’t deserve it. Life can be pretty rough. I know eventually everyone in my family will get through this(this includes my cousin’s side of the family) but it’s not going to be easy. I’m just speechless at how this all turned out.
Sending you my condolences. That's real rough.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I searched r/Pokemon. More memes than “NaTiOnaL dEx” crap. However, this post caught my eye. Just something to think about.
the left animation is obviously better but I think it is worth noting that battle revolution not only had less pokemon but was also solely focused on battles. There were significantly less pokemon to model and animate than there were in XY and they didn't have to worry about making any story or anything.

I honestly feel like a lot of the complaints about Sw/Sh's animations are really just cherry picking. Don't get me wrong, its got some less than satisfactory animations, but there's also been a lot of good ones too, particularly in regards to the human characters and the gigantamaxed pokemon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwordAndShield/comments/carr8i
also that post is trying to diss sword and shield's animations with an animation from xy lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I flat out don't understand why people are upset about the Tail Whip animation.

It has been very minimal since Stadium.

D

Deleted member

Man just got some sad news from my cousin. I’ll spoil it just to not kill any moods:
This past week we’ve been expecting my grandma to pass away due to her state of health, but he called tonight and let us know that his friend( who my knows quite well and he stays here plenty times with my cousin) lost his mother due to a heart attack. I just made her about 2 weeks ago for the first time and she seemed pretty nice. He was just going into college this year too, I can’t believed this happened. That’s a lot to deal with, I’ve beem there when my older brother passed due to a similar heart issue. It’s really rough on my cousin to because she was like a second mom to him. On top of the fact my grandma probably isn’t going to make it another week. That’s a lot to take in, especially for my cousin who would have suffered two big loses while also about to head into college. He already has gone through a lot in losing my uncle when he was younger.
I just can’t fathom how these things can happen like that to people who don’t deserve it. Life can be pretty rough. I know eventually everyone in my family will get through this(this includes my cousin’s side of the family) but it’s not going to be easy. I’m just speechless at how this all turned out.
I’m so sorry dude. If you wanna talk let me know.

the left animation is obviously better but I think it is worth noting that battle revolution not only had less pokemon but was also solely focused on battles. There were significantly less pokemon to model and animate than there were in XY and they didn't have to worry about making any story or anything.

I honestly feel like a lot of the complaints about Sw/Sh's animations are really just cherry picking. Don't get me wrong, its got some less than satisfactory animations, but there's also been a lot of good ones too, particularly in regards to the human characters and the gigantamaxed pokemon.

also that post is trying to diss sword and shield's animations with an animation from xy lol
Yeah, that’s a fair point. I do some animation myself and I think it’s less a matter of “it’s harder to animate” and more a matter of “We don’t exactly know how t9 make this more full of life, so we’ll just make it more generic.” Yeah, though, some of the animations are great. It’s pretty hit or miss imo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I searched r/Pokemon. More memes than “NaTiOnaL dEx” crap. However, this post caught my eye. Just something to think about.
And this, everyone, is why peoole make fun of Masuda going "Hugh quality animations" because that **** aint high quality at all and its a shame that a gane from 2007 has better animations. Hell, POKEMON STADIUM has better animatiins and that came out in 2000 or by Japans time, the 90s

D

Deleted member

And this, everyone, is why peoole make fun of Masuda going "Hugh quality animations" because that **** aint high quality at all and its a shame that a gane from 2007 has better animations. Hell, POKEMON STADIUM has better animatiins and that came out in 2000
I should say, my intent is not to “make fun of” Masuda.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I’m so sorry dude. If you wanna talk let me know.

Yeah, that’s a fair point. I do some animation myself and I think it’s less a matter of “it’s harder to animate” and more a matter of “We don’t exactly know how t9 make this more full of life, so we’ll just make it more generic.” Yeah, though, some of the animations are great. It’s pretty hit or miss imo.
In the case of XY its more that they were making models and animations for I think upwards of 600 pokemon at that time, so there wouldn't be much time to give them all very detailed animations. I don't know much about battle revolution, but I'm pretty sure it took it's models from the stadium and colisseum games. Kecleon would have been from colisseum, a game which only had to make models for the hoenn pokemon. There would have been a lot more time to make more detailed animations on those pokemon compared to XY. Comparing the two games is really comparing apples to oranges.

D

Deleted member

In the case of XY its more that they were making models and animations for I think upwards of 600 pokemon at that time, so there wouldn't be much time to give them all very detailed animations. I don't know much about battle revolution, but I'm pretty sure it took it's models from the stadium and colisseum games. Kecleon would have been from colisseum, a game which only had to make models for the hoenn pokemon. There would have been a lot more time to make more detailed animations on those pokemon compared to XY. Comparing the two games is really comparing apples to oranges.
Yeah, I getcha. I understand not having the time, but if you ask me, I’d be totally ok if they pushed the game back to add more polish. It’s more a matter of time, not a matter of “how much effort/space” it takes, if you ask me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, I'm not believing Masuda's claim yet. Every animation I've seen doesn't feel new and advanced. Hopefully they change this in the future.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Just wanna tell you guys the main reason why they are cherry picking the animations is because of national dex
(ALso sorry if I wasnt up in the topic I was playing crash bandicoot for the gba)

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I getcha. I understand not having the time, but if you ask me, I’d be totally ok if they pushed the game back to add more polish. It’s more a matter of time, not a matter of “how much effort/space” it takes, if you ask me.
yeah I wouldn't mind either but to give animations of BR quality to the 300-400 pokemon (that's just an estimate) in sword and shield would probably be a really big delay

D

Deleted member

yeah I wouldn't mind either but to give animations of BR quality to the 300-400 pokemon (that's just an estimate) in sword and shield would probably be a really big delay
Yeah, so maybe the best decision would be to simply announce the game later.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey guys! I'm typing up a Kirby fan-fiction called "Beyond Worlds" and here's the synopsis:
"When Kirby, Bandana Dee, Meta Knight and others go to Popopo Islands for a vacation Dedede has all of the castle to himself, unfortunately our favourite chubby king gets. (i'm stopping it there cause i might finish soon)
(UNDER CONSTRUCTION, WILL FINISH SOON)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Tbh I'd love for them to get an outside company to animate and manage a BR-style game from this point forward. It would let them continue to limit regions while still allowing people to use their old pokemon in some way.

It could even straight up just be on smartphones, syncing with the bank app or whatever it's called that they are releasing.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Tbh I'd love for them to get an outside company to animate and manage a BR-style game from this point forward. It would let them continue to limit regions while still allowing people to use their old pokemon in some way.

It could even straight up just be on smartphones, syncing with the bank app or whatever it's called that they are releasing.
No, god! No god please, no. NO! No more mobile games. I'm so sick of these bland, soulless cashgrab mobile games full of microtransactions. If they were to make a new Stadium type game, I would want it on the Switch so it can take full advantage of the console's capabilities and not rely on an energy system. And I want it on my TV screen.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
People love using this game to compare animations, but for whatever reason, they tend to forget that the reviews of this game were anywhere from negative to lukewarm at best. If you didn't own Diamond and Pearl, there really wasn't much to do in this game.

If you're going to compare animations, at least find a game that was well-received.

Speaking of Pokemon and animations, here's something I found today.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If the animation itself looks good, who cares? Seriously, it's not like Pokemon is the only franchise who does this. This is just someone going out of their way to find another reason why people should be upset with SwSh, even if said reason is really insignificant and stupid.

D

Deleted member

Just Gamering
How about you?
Eating at a restaurant while rewatching a Far From Home scene on youtube.

To be more exact, it is the one about Mysterio's mental torture to Spider-Man.

It is kind of chilling to think how shockingly close it resembles many of the nightmares I had before June (such as the MJ at the Tower Eiffel and Iron Man parts resembling those nightmares involving my history teacher and Sabi/Polar Panda).

D

Deleted member

Sword and Shield looks bad, and everybody who's defending it is accepting a sub-standard lazy product from a million dollar company.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No, god! No god please, no. NO! No more mobile games. I'm so sick of these bland, soulless cashgrab mobile games full of microtransactions. If they were to make a new Stadium type game, I would want it on the Switch so it can take full advantage of the console's capabilities and not rely on an energy system. And I want it on my TV screen.
But of an... overreaction here. I'm just talking about a paid-up-front Stadium style game that works from phones, to ease use with the new bank system and to allow for easier mobile pvp. I don't see why it would be a soulless cashgrab or have ridiculous microtransactions.

I'd also love for it to be on switch at the same time, I just prioritize phone for mobile battling.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People love using this game to compare animations, but for whatever reason, they tend to forget that the reviews of this game were anywhere from negative to lukewarm at best. If you didn't own Diamond and Pearl, there really wasn't much to do in this game.

If you're going to compare animations, at least find a game that was well-received.

Speaking of Pokemon and animations, here's something I found today.

If the animation itself looks good, who cares? Seriously, it's not like Pokemon is the only franchise who does this. This is just someone going out of their way to find another reason why people should upset with SwSh, even if said reason is really insignificant and stupid.
If a pre-existing animation suits your character, go ahead and use it. I mean, it'll look a bit cheap, but still. At the same time this isn't very good though. If you have two characters that are so similar that you can just copy and paste animations, it just shows that you need to make your characters more unique.

Ok I have a question
Pretend you are in a resturant and you meet masahiro sakurai
What do you do
Keep eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom