• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp found out Fast & Furious (2009) was chronologically the third in the series. Should had watched that yesterday then Tokyo Drift tomorrow. Oh well, what's done is done now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got back to playing Red. Made it through to Lavender Town after a very dicey journey through Rock Tunnel. Two of my Pokemon were poisoned and another two were taken down by critical hits.

Before taking a break, I went and did a mirror match of my team in Stadium. The cpu rekt me because Nidoqueen tanked half the team including itself.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've finally been getting back into BotW lately, after being lazy and forgetting to play it for so long.

I tried to go to Death Mountain and I tumbled upon a fully-functional Guardian for the first time. That was fun.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I know basically nothing about Bravely Second, but from what I've heard, Octopath Traveler is a spiritual successor to that series, so I think I'll enjoy it
for what it's worth, as the resident bravely stan octopath was a huge disappointment for me

class/cheese experimentation is non-existent due to how rigid its design is, the story is passable at best, and every chapter is structured the exact same way so it becomes very grating very fast once you recognize the pattern

only thing it did for me was make me want bravely third to come out even sooner

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finally completed Encore mode in Sonic Mania Plus for the first time ever...

and I LOVED it! I love the team based mechanic, and how you don't get extra lives even if you collect 100+ rings is a good challenge. I had a ton of fun with the mode, and it pulled off the team-based gameplay very nicely. It felt like Knuckles Chaotix or Sonic Advance 3, but the team mechanic was done completely correctly.

Here are the final results of my first playthrough, as shown through a GIMP graphic I made:

1562818170312.png

Eventually I'd like to work up to a deathless run...we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Stranger Things is one of the many TV shows I've been meaning to catch up on. (I think I've only seen one or two episodes) Along with Justice League, Breaking Bad, The Flash, Doctor Who, all of Marvel's Netflix series, Fullmetal Alchemist, Brooklyn 99, Parks and Recreation... I have no idea where I'm going to find the time, honestly.
The thing about Stranger Things is I find it odd how fans and critics alike emphasize the nostalgia, sometimes as if it's the primary hook of the show. I'm more of a 90s kid, so if it was purely nostalgia, I wouldn't have been interested in it. To me, Stranger Things is a smart sci-fi monster horror series with great, fast-paced writing and cliffhangers, character driven with amazing actors, great cinematography and special effects. Nostalgia is low on the list of things that make me enjoy the show.

Which is why I found it quite odd getting into an argument with a friend of mine over this season--I didn't like it as much as the first two, and his argument boiled down to "If you're not from the 80s, you just won't get it." Which makes no sense for the reasons I stated above--I find it a disservice, particularly from a fan, to unnecessarily restrict Stranger Thing's appeal to only nostalgia, especially when the first two seasons has been some of the best television I've seen in quite a while.

I haven't watched much of Doctor Who this season, unfortunately. I watched two episodes, and was surprisingly bored. I keep telling myself I should keep watching, since I was such a big fan throughout 11 and 12's run, but I've lacked the motivation to do so. While I was able to transition between Doctors just fine, it seems to be much more difficult transitioning between showrunners. I think 13 is great, just the writing/pacing/hooks just aren't there for me this season.

But that has left a void of television watching that I'm looking to fill, especially since my other series are either on hiatus or ending.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I may make a recommendation. You should definitely give Hilda a watch. I recall you have a daughter according to one of your posts? I think she would really like it. :)
I’ll check it out. We have Netflix and prime but I’m not sure if Japanese versions carry it. She loves Molang though.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Nice little read.

Also good to know his next column will be on Hero and BK gameplay details.
I'm not sure if it will include gameplay details of the newest DLC fighters, since this seems like an extension of this new article, it may just be about how they make the gameplay parts in general. Though, it would be coming after Hero's release (most likely, I guess there's a small possibility it'll be more than two weeks from now), so I could see him talking about Hero's gameplay--it just depends on when Hero is released, since I believe he submits these articles a week beforehand. I don't expect any Banjo & Kazooie gameplay details until the fall trailer, though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There's hope. There was an image of the daughter and father what looks like are outside with the father carrying the doggie. Plus given the trailer and how The Meg had it seems like there is a tease. I get a feeling they're gonna make it look like the doggie gets killed only to turn out fine in the end.

Hope I'm right.
Im pretty sure that dog is a gonner considering, well, ****s ****ed in that movie

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That’s really cool!

The guys doing these trailers do amazing work, and I’d kill to see the storyboards for these things.
You and me both, Lil buddy. Yo any insiders want to know the next fighter? Get in good with someone who works there! Would love to be a fly on the wall and observe.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You and me both, Lil buddy. Yo any insiders want to know the next fighter? Get in good with someone who works there! Would love to be a fly on the wall and observe.
I'm surprised more leaks don't come out when the Smash team work with other companies for advertising materials. It's what made the Grinch fiasco that much more believable. :lol:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm surprised more leaks don't come out when the Smash team work with other companies for advertising materials. It's what made the Grinch fiasco that much more believable. :lol:
Agreed! Though I don't think we knew much about who was doing what for Smash as far as advertising goes. However, I feel we will be seeing some stuff now that the CGI folk has been named. (More than likely, 4chan clutter)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh great, now we're gonna have fake storyboard leaks

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There’s gonna be a blurry image of a stick figure fighting another stick figure and we’re gonna have incredibly heated debates about who they are
Mites are finally becoming playable.

StormC

Smash Hero
How is it that you can have autoplay levels in Mario Maker 2 where you touch nothing and you will reach the end goal, and they never have a clear rate higher than 50%?

D

Deleted member

How is it that you can have autoplay levels in Mario Maker 2 where you touch nothing and you will reach the end goal, and they never have a clear rate higher than 50%?
Dunno, its probably a similar situation to some achievements/trophies that are pretty start the game and have lower than 100%.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Aren't you able to move and screw it up?

Cause that's all it takes to fail.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man just got some sad news from my cousin. I’ll spoil it just to not kill any moods:
This past week we’ve been expecting my grandma to pass away due to her state of health, but he called tonight and let us know that his friend( who my knows quite well and he stays here plenty times with my cousin) lost his mother due to a heart attack. I just made her about 2 weeks ago for the first time and she seemed pretty nice. He was just going into college this year too, I can’t believed this happened. That’s a lot to deal with, I’ve beem there when my older brother passed due to a similar heart issue. It’s really rough on my cousin to because she was like a second mom to him. On top of the fact my grandma probably isn’t going to make it another week. That’s a lot to take in, especially for my cousin who would have suffered two big loses while also about to head into college. He already has gone through a lot in losing my uncle when he was younger.
I just can’t fathom how these things can happen like that to people who don’t deserve it. Life can be pretty rough. I know eventually everyone in my family will get through this(this includes my cousin’s side of the family) but it’s not going to be easy. I’m just speechless at how this all turned out.

StormC

Smash Hero
...Aren't you able to move and screw it up?

Cause that's all it takes to fail.
It's a rhetorical question, lol.

Anyway if you guys want a level with chill vibes and some solid platforming difficulty, check this level out: J2B-MYN-WDG

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man just got some sad news from my cousin. I’ll spoil it just to not kill any moods:
This past week we’ve been expecting my grandma to pass away due to her state of health, but he called tonight and let us know that his friend( who my knows quite well and he stays here plenty times with my cousin) lost his mother due to a heart attack. I just made her about 2 weeks ago for the first time and she seemed pretty nice. He was just going into college this year too, I can’t believed this happened. That’s a lot to deal with, I’ve beem there when my older brother passed due to a similar heart issue. It’s really rough on my cousin to because she was like a second mom to him. On top of the fact my grandma probably isn’t going to make it another week. That’s a lot to take in, especially for my cousin who would have suffered two big loses while also about to head into college. He already has gone through a lot in losing my uncle when he was younger.
I just can’t fathom how these things can happen like that to people who don’t deserve it. Life can be pretty rough. I know eventually everyone in my family will get through this(this includes my cousin’s side of the family) but it’s not going to be easy. I’m just speechless at how this all turned out.
Sorry man, that’s really rough

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I
Im sorry man that sounds really difficult. this life truly loves to hurt sometimes

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Finally saw Avengers: Endgame which explains my absence for over 4 hours

But seriously, no one was on my side for that "Yoshi is an alternate playable character as opposed to power-up in SMW" debate? Even Mariowiki agrees with me, though it does classify Baby Yoshis as "items" which I 100% agree with...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But seriously, no one was on my side for that "Yoshi is an alternate playable character as opposed to power-up in SMW" debate?
he's a mount, but a playable mount. because that's what mounts are. doesnt take a rocket scientist

you just try to word it like he's your player 2

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
yeah

cause he's a mount

you cant have a mount that's not playable
You can absolutely have a mount that's non-playable because the rider has the majority control. Almost every horse in video games operates on spurring and steering. In all but one action (getting off), Yoshi has full control.

Yoshi is also a mount in Yoshi's Island, but you can hardly argue he isn't the main playable character there...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You can absolutely have a mount that's non-playable because the rider has the majority control. Almost every horse in video games operates on spurring and steering. In all but one action (getting off), Yoshi has full control.

Yoshi is also a mount in Yoshi's Island, but you can hardly argue he isn't the main playable character there...
the rider is who you control, and they are controlling the horse, therefore you control both the horse and character. of course there's no sputtering or any of that nonsense, its a damn platformer. if yoshi was doing that, there would be no point in having him in the game if he has this RNG that can get you killed.

marios controlling yoshi considered its confirmed he bops his head to make him eat

you control the yosh, but mario is controlling the yosh too

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
the rider is who you control, and they are controlling the horse, therefore you control both the horse and character. of course there's no sputtering or any of that nonsense, its a damn platformer. if yoshi was doing that, there would be no point in having him in the game if he has this RNG that can get you killed.

marios controlling yoshi considered its confirmed he bops his head to make him eat

you control the yosh, but mario is controlling the yosh too
It's actually confirmed that Mario DOESN'T bop Yoshi on the head. The designer only said that the action was PLANNED and didn't happen in the final product...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's actually confirmed that Mario DOESN'T bop Yoshi on the head. The designer only said that the action was PLANNED and didn't happen in the final product...
okay but he's still controlling yoshi either way, and you're not proving that wrong :nifty:

saying "eat them" and he eats them is compliance, therefore he is in control and steers the mount.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
okay but he's still controlling yoshi either way, and you're not proving that wrong :nifty:

saying "eat them" and he eats them is compliance, therefore he is in control and steers the mount.
That doesn't prove Mario steers him and makes him jump. It's been established when you meet him that they have mutual goals and that they work together to meet it. He has the same autonomy as the Mario Bros. mount or no mount, and I have made it clear that Yoshi doesn't qualify as a "power-up" as everyone was arguing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom