• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got back from work. I had two shifts today with a five hour gap in between, but the shifts went well, and I got two One Piece figurines (Nami and Sanji, both amiibo-sized), bought Bravely Second for $20, and saw Toy Story 4.

With these two One Piece figurines, I now have half of the Straw Hat crew, so I just need Zoro, Usopp, Chopper, and two characters that are MASSIVE spoilers for people getting into the series.
Robin and Jinbei
I might need another one if my theory about Carrot joining after Wano comes to pass, though the Whole Cake Island arc built up to that idea FAR more than Wano has so far.

I know basically nothing about Bravely Second, but from what I've heard, Octopath Traveler is a spiritual successor to that series, so I think I'll enjoy it. Hopefully it works well enough as a standalone game. I don't know why I bought it (between Pokemon Y, Persona Q2, Dragon Quest 8, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, my RPG backlog on the 3DS is big enough as is), but I suppose I didn't want to pass that up only to not be able to find it again once I got caught up on my RPGs.

As for Toy Story 4, I really liked it! The themes, like overcoming a resistance to change or a fear of rejection, really resonated with me, and I like how this series has grown up along with the people who saw the original while still being enjoyable for kids.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw man, had such a good time with my relatives this past week.

How're y'all doing btw?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Aw man, had such a good time with my relatives this past week.

How're y'all doing btw?
Doing fine. Going to a con Friday, and I found a cool Let's Play of the Spider-Man PS4 game being played by someone who doesn't scream at the top of his lungs at any given moment.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If Mario Odyssey 2 isn’t announced for next year I’m gonna lose it

I NEED IT

And give Yoshi a bigger role. He doesn’t need to be literally everywhere, just have him show up in a couple Kingdoms.
What would be some cool ideas for future kingdoms? I’d like to see an alpine mountain kingdom that focuses more on vertical platforming.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
god dammit

my shorts have super jank pockets that are way too low so when you sit or something things can fall out and my phone decided to slingshot at full velocity on the floor on the rugged part where we were fixing **** up

i got a scratch, but one of those annoying scratches where it goes across the whole screen and you always see but you cant unsee

still works perfectly fine and it was gonna happen one day but goddamn

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I NEED IT

And give Yoshi a bigger role. He doesn’t need to be literally everywhere, just have him show up in a couple Kingdoms.
I'd prefer him to be properly playable as in not a capture subject. My boi's been doing acrobatics, enemy deletion and saving the world even before Mario timeline-wise. He needs no help :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
What would be some cool ideas for future kingdoms? I’d like to see an alpine mountain kingdom that focuses more on vertical platforming.
Maybe like, a shadow kingdom with spooky ghosts.

I know cap kingdom had ghosts, but they weren’t spooky. I want a kingdom with spooky scary skeletons that send shivers down your spine.

And a medieval kingdom with dragons and knights and stuff. Like the ruined kingdom but not ruined.

Or a technology kingdom, like the future or something.

And an amusement park
I'd prefer him to be properly playable as in not a capture subject. My boi's been doing acrobatics, enemy deletion and saving the world even before Mario timeline-wise. He needs no help :yoshi:
Just make him rideable again like in Galaxy 2

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I NEED IT

If a sequel gives me this, I'm gonna be ridiculously happy:
DsIfG-vXQAcBNgp.jpg

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
To be fair I could say the same for literally every other powerup.
I would classify him as an "alternate playable character" rather than powerup. Powerups usually grant a single utility and Mario's still the one the player directly controls. Yoshi on the other hand has multiple advantages and wrests the control away from Mario :yoshi:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I would classify him as an "alternate playable character" rather than powerup. Powerups usually grant a single utility and Mario's still the one the player directly controls. Yoshi on the other hand has multiple advantages and wrests the control away from Mario :yoshi:
Yoshi is a sentient being, it's like saying a horse is a power-up for a human. :yoshi:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not sure how I am going to make a moveset for Poochy. He didn't do much in the Yoshi games.
Think of basics first (tail attacks, biting, paw attacks, etc.) and then find aspects of Yoshi games that aren't implemented into Yoshi's arsenal (like the bubbles Baby Mario was usually in, the Pups, etc.) :yoshi:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Think of basics first (tail attacks, biting, paw attacks, etc.) and then find aspects of Yoshi games that aren't implemented into Yoshi's arsenal (like the bubbles Baby Mario was usually in, the Pups, etc.) :yoshi:
For the moves I'm trying to make them straight from the game, or minor variations, so stuff like tail attacks, biting, and paw attacks won't work.
Hm... I'll think of something.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Except this time, Wario makes people fight to the death in it, gladiator style.
wario coliseum:

win 10 million coins by slaughtering 99 other people and coming on top, but in order to really win you have to fight wario once everyone else is defeated but he never tells you that part so you just lose from exhaustion

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the topic of a boss from Pikmin, I've always thought Plasm Wraith would be a very interesting fighter. Since it' made of a gelatinous substance, it can contort itself into any shape and even split itself up, along with having elemental powers.

I couldn't remember who the actual mascot of Hanafuda was, was he just called Master hanafuda?
Plasma wraith is a top pick imo. It would work really well moveset wise. I’m sure there’s other choices too. It’s surprising there has t been one like that added as I feel it makes a lot of sense due to how well it represents pikmin alongside olimar. As for master hanafunda. I don’t think it’s a mascot character but it was in a rumor for 4 that there would be a character named that who used the cards and would represent their history

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
wario coliseum:

win 10 million coins by slaughtering 99 other people and coming on top, but in order to really win you have to fight wario once everyone else is defeated but he never tells you that part so you just lose from exhaustion
When you think about it, coliseum fights were the original battle royale mode.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ooh you’re an animation major?

What’s it like?
Not really sure yet because I’ve only done my first year, but from my experience so far and everything I’ve heard, time-consuming. It’s what I love to do and I wouldn’t have it any other way, but it eats my free time, combined with being on the rowing team and having 5:30AM practices.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not really sure yet because I’ve only done my first year, but from my experience so far and everything I’ve heard, time-consuming. It’s what I love to do and I wouldn’t have it any other way, but it eats my free time, combined with being on the rowing team and having 5:30AM practices.
Hmmm...interesting. Thanks for the answer.

What school ya going to?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Plot twist the next ref character isn’t a character but a stage.

It’s the Nintendo Love Hotel Stage. Yfw?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you gotta bust out the waterproofer for the biathlete animation kayaking olympics

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And you gotta play games to get moons

And all the games are rigged so you gotta keep giving him coins
And after you bear him in his inevitable boss battle he’s forced to give you back every last coin he took from you, or he’s knocked into where he kept your money and it’s given back to you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was bored out of my mind so went to bond with my dad and dogs upstairs. Dad then went to bed and I decided to watch an episode of Stranger Things. On episode 7 currently. Shows getting good?

Anyone else here besides me that watches the show?

Best part about that episode was

Justin giving Steve that *** kicking. Too bad he winded up in jail for it.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm three episodes into S3 of Stranger Things but it's already a million times better than season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom