• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Favorite SwSh human characters?

Well, out of all the ones we got this week, I'd say Oleana is my favorite. I'm sure even more people will warm up to her if she becomes an antagonist.

Speaking of which...

Look at this image and try telling me Rose isn't evil.
He looks like Tony Stark

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Call me an idiot but does that mean it will update without buying a new switch?
You can't really update a CPU, so it's just likely to be a change in all standard Switch models moving forward. Sadly it won't help existing Switch users.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So I converted to Hat Kidism but the Hat Kid suort thread is dead. It isn’t even on page 2. I wish I could make my own. ;-;

Potato_

Smash Lord
Hmm...

A Deku Scrub.
Waited since brawl for a new character from my favorite series, since melee for a non clone

and I get a random mook

Honestly a Deku Scrub could be cool, there's definitely moveset potential there if you take some of Deku Link's abilities on top of the regular enemy actions.

Wait, Yuri Lowenthal not only voices Marth and Alucard, but Spider-Man (In Spider-Man for the PS4 and Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3) too? That's awesome!
Yuri as Spider-Man is honestly one of my favorite voice acting performances in a while.

but I can't help but hear Sasuke in everything he does

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
why would they create a new animation when the old one works just fine? Its not like its something super complex or anything.
Because an animation conveys a character and reusing it for a major character like that implies that their personalities are the same as another character?

Some asset reuse makes sense, but another character's entire idle animation is... insane. It's legitimately an awful decision if you want your characters to stand out in any way.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because an animation conveys a character and reusing it for a major character like that implies that their personalities are the same as another character?

Some asset reuse makes sense, but another character's entire idle animation is... insane. It's legitimately an awful decision if you want your characters to stand out in any way.
Exactly

This is like, one of the few things I don’t like about this game.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I mean tbh hop could very easily just be another hau I wouldn't be surprised

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finished editing 23 pages worth of fanfic material. Took a couple hours with dinner in the middle, and other distractions were involved haha
Now I fetch ice cream.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don’t mind him personally, though who do you think would make a better Magneto?

If you can’t think of the actor’s name, listing any characters with the voice would be fine.
Assuming I can't say Ian McKellan and Michael Fassbender? :yoshi:

I dunno, it's just that Tom Kane is one of those VAs that I can never hear a character. I just hear Tom Kane. It's especially noticeable with pre-established characters like Magneto...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finished editing 23 pages worth of fanfic material. Took a couple hours with dinner in the middle, and other distractions were involved haha
Now I fetch ice cream.
Celebrating. Not like a coward. Not like a fool. No. He is celebrating like a man.

Exactly

This is like, one of the few things I don’t like about this game.
I actually saw this awesome video talking about the animations in modern Pokemon games and how they feel less lifelike than they should. They actually deliberately compared them to animations from Pokemon Stadium, and it’s an amazing video.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Celebrating. Not like a coward. Not like a fool. No. He is celebrating like a man.

I actually saw this awesome video talking about the animations in modern Pokemon games and how they feel less lifelike than they should. They actually deliberately compared them to animations from Pokemon Stadium, and it’s an amazing video.
Amen to that. I worked hard on it. Work hard; play hard. And in order to play hard, you gotta work hard first.

It's kinda how I go through life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You ever make a meal so delicious that you start praising it and shouting “wow”?

I found a recipe for homemade Krabby patties (we don’t know the actual recipe. You just put old bay in the patty meat and it’s really good) and they’re some of the best burgers I’ve ever had. But I made homemade burger buns for the first time tonight and had them on that, with all the fixins (ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, lettuce, and tomato) and OH MY GOD! Maybe it’s just cause i’ve Been on the whole 30 for a month but they were absolutely AMAZING!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well folks...

This is about the third week in a row of this...

241DB8AA-3DC4-4611-9D6A-4FD89D44D062.jpeg

Seriously Japan. Can we have at least one day of sunshine? Maybe even a few hours? Rainy season was over back in June but we haven’t seen the sun or even blue skies for like 3-4 weeks. Usually, by July, things are sunny and warm. But yes been rainy, cloudy, and humid and cold for a month and a half at least. And I can tell people are kind of getting like cabin fever over this. Not to mention flooding, mudslides, and a serious case of mold. My house smells like a wet basement despite it not being a basement. Everywhere smells like a wet, mildewy basement.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well folks...

View attachment 230767

Seriously Japan. Can we have at least one day of sunshine? Maybe even a few hours? Rainy season was over back in June so we haven’t seen the sun or even blue skies for like 3-4 weeks. I can tell people are kind of getting like cabin fever over this. Not to mention flooding, mudslides, and a serious case of mold. My house smells like a wet basement despite it not being a basement. Everywhere smells like a wet, mildewy basement.
That's... quite a big image there.
You should probably spoiler tag it next time.

Edit: Nevermind ya fixed it.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well folks...

View attachment 230767

Seriously Japan. Can we have at least one day of sunshine? Maybe even a few hours? Rainy season was over back in June so we haven’t seen the sun or even blue skies for like 3-4 weeks. I can tell people are kind of getting like cabin fever over this. Not to mention flooding, mudslides, and a serious case of mold. My house smells like a wet basement despite it not being a basement. Everywhere smells like a wet, mildewy basement.
Welcome to my home state of Washington. It's like that all year long :yoshi:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's... quite a big image there.
You should probably spoiler tag it next time.
Thanks for letting me know. Is the thumbnail version better?

Welcome to my home state of Washington. It's like that all year long :yoshi:
Yeah, there are rainier places in the world for sure. It just sucks being cooped up for a month and half. Especially when you have an hyperactive child who wants to go outside and play. But we can’t. And there isn’t any sort of inside kids play area within driving distance since they decided to close it down for reasons unknown to us.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well folks...

View attachment 230767

Seriously Japan. Can we have at least one day of sunshine? Maybe even a few hours? Rainy season was over back in June but we haven’t seen the sun or even blue skies for like 3-4 weeks. Usually, by July, thinks are sunny and warm. But yes been rainy, cloudy, and humid and cold for a month and a half at least. And I can tell people are kind of getting like cabin fever over this. Not to mention flooding, mudslides, and a serious case of mold. My house smells like a wet basement despite it not being a basement. Everywhere smells like a wet, mildewy basement.
I.... didn’t know you lived in Japan.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom