• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I only have interest on Mulan regarding Disney Live Action remakes.

Mostly since that one seems to at least try a new take on the tale by making it a more realistic and action-focused production.

Everything else is a complete skip.
I feel like Mulan is taking it way too far though. I don't mind a few new additions to the story, but it's supposed to be a live-action remake, not a reinterpretation of the story.

Personally, I prefer what they did with Beauty and the Beast. Stick to the original script as much as you can and let the fact that the movie is live-action be the selling point, not new scenes, plot points, and characters.

D

Deleted member

What I think Pokemon S/S needed was more time. In my opinion, they should have spent more time working on it behind the scenes, THEN announced it when they were a good while in and fixed some of the issues people have.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Disney making remakes of its classical movies is like activision making remakes for crash games but they are bad at it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks. You aren't being offensive or anything; this is just the first time I've had someone mention Crawl around me, outside of my immediate friends and family.

Monster movies are fun! I love them. I just am angry at the production company for, at minimum, not delaying the release.
Good to know then. I was kinda worried I was. Now that you mention it though I have to admit it would had been better to delay the film by next year or so in respect to the people including you, your family, friends and his families losses.

D

Deleted member

I never understood what was of interest in these for my generation. I've watched the classic Disney films, so I don't understand what I could takeaway from these remakes. Remaking them for a new generation makes sense, but it's not something I'll do unless my cousins are interested.
Honestly, Mulan should be referred as a "reimagining" by Disney instead of a remake.

It just does more justice to the production they are trying to make.

I should warn you songs like I'll Make a Man Out of You is removed.

And so is Mushu, Shang and Shan-Yu. IIRC Shan-Yu's been replaced by this sorceress.
Elements that are probably being taken out for this reimagining to give that supposed action-focused and more realistic approach.

I just want them to succeed at that new take on the tale since an action-based Mulan movie has potential.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I assume it would something like a limited number of battles you can do, unless you pay for more plays.

Or even paying to use a move tutor or only allowing rental Pokemon unless you pay for a "battle pass" or something. There are so many ways that a mobile game could go south.
Eh, I don't really see them doing that without a huge uproar. Dr Mario's model is at least expected at this point, which is crappy and something I'm against. Pokemon, on the other hand, has a pretty longstanding tradition of unlimited battles for pvp that I doubt they'd go back on.

I should also be clear and say that I'm fine with rentals as a battle pass only thing, or a subscription. I only want the ability to use the pokemon I've raised in the main games, and they would have to monetize this game somehow if it's f2p and not a paid-for title.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Good to know then. I was kinda worried I was. Now that you mention it though I have to admit it would had been better to delay the film by next year or so in respect to the people including you, your family, friends and his families losses.
Not sure why your bringing up a specific friend to me since I don't think I said a single friend lost everything, but thanks regardless.

Yeah it's just really insensitive timing. My SO works in the Department of Emergency Management, and they're still swarmed with people trying to get any help that they can. People outside the area just kinda heard about the storm then moved on.

Heck, I've heard from some people down at Mexico Beach (which was more or less flattened, look up the pics if you want to feel down) that tourists have started coming in, annoyed that things aren't back to normal yet. It's insane.

D

Deleted member

I don't think they could delay SwSh due to Pokemon being not only a game, but also a cartoon and card game, amd they all need to come our close to each other. This game should've never looked so cheeks in the first place

D

Deleted member

Honestly, Mulan should be referred as a "reimagining" by Disney instead of a remake.

It just does more justice to the production they are trying to make.
Reimagining? Oh that can be dangerous. It'll probably still be well received enough.

Personally, I've never been a fan of reimagings. Ever watch Maleficent? It's like the most hamfisted attempt of trying to get people to empathize over a villain who's name is literally the word for "doing harm and evil." It was essentially fanfiction.

D

Deleted member

Reimagining? Oh that can be dangerous. It'll probably still be well received enough.

Personally, I've never been a fan of reimagings. Ever watch Maleficent? It's like the most hamfisted attempt of trying to get people to empathize over a villain who's name is literally the word for "doing harm and evil." It was essentially fanfiction.
I skipped that one, ngl.

The only one of these I really enjoyed was Jungle Book.

But the best thing we got regarding live-action Disney stuff was the Tron duology.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I'm here to meet with people who I really enjoy talking with, kill some time, jump between support threads and speculate on general videogame stuff.
Dq is great
You should play dq 3 its amazing
I got a boat and stuff I have to get 6 orbs now
Also have this blast of a music

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm bummed out that you have to actually pay extra for the Fantastic Four in UA3. Like, come on, really?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Stuber looks interesting. I like buddy-action comedies and Dave Bautista is starring. I've liked the guy since his role of Drax and how good of a friend he truly is (Threatening to leave the role of Drax if Disney didn't hire Gunn).

I also can't picture this being a movie where they'd kill a dog.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm bummed out that you have to actually pay extra for the Fantastic Four in UA3. Like, come on, really?
They had to do so because of Fox.

But even paying for them has benefits: it would help Marvel check the interest towards the First Family from the videogame market.

And from that they could consider a full F4 game in the future.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whose with me here?

Dave Bautista for the role of Kratos in a live-action God of War film. I think nobody is perfect for the role other then him.

D

Deleted member

They had to do so because of Fox.

But even paying for them has benefits: it would help Marvel check the interest towards the First Family from the videogame market.

And from that they could consider a full F4 game in the future.
But the X-Men arent DLC and Disney owns FOX

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I feel like Mulan is taking it way too far though. I don't mind a few new additions to the story, but it's supposed to be a live-action remake, not a reinterpretation of the story.

Personally, I prefer what they did with Beauty and the Beast. Stick to the original script as much as you can and let the fact that the movie is live-action be the selling point, not new scenes, plot points, and characters.
I just feel like that would make it even more pointless as there’s no reason to watch it when it treads the same beats as the animated version just in different visuals and less charm.

I just feel like these live action remakes are a no win no matter how they’re sliced.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They got brought back way before the F4.

This year's January was the first time in 4 years or so when Marvel added the First Family into any kind of game.
X Men and F4 weren't brought back at seperate times

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That too. But given I don't speak that much to others, eh.
No worries, we have tons and tons of lurkers and people who don't post. It's pretty normal. Just enjoy yourself, however you do so.

Crawl, Stuber, Dragon Quest, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3., The Lion King.

What a week and next week this is.
Just a side note, feel free to talk about Crawl if you enjoy the film post viewing lol. I'm just pissed at the production company, not the people watching it.

Whose with me here?

Dave Bautista for the role of Kratos in a live-action God of War film. I think nobody is perfect for the role other then him.
I could see it. I've been consistently impressed with his performances, especially Blade Runner 2049 (even if it was a short part). Pretty hyped for his part in the Dune film too.

D

Deleted member

X Men and F4 weren't brought back at seperate times
They were doh.

The X-Men got toys, game appearances and even clothing during the past years, while the F4 only started getting those since January of this year.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only movies I really have left this year I look forward to is Crawl, Stuber, Hobbs & Shaw, It: Chapter Two, Ad Astra and Abominable.

Out of the six current I'd say Hobbs & Shaw is my most anticipated followed by Ad Astra and Crawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They were doh.

The X-Men got toys, game appearances and even clothing during the past years, while the F4 only started getting those since January of this year.
Because the X Men are way more popular. Both the F4 and X-Men are owned by FOX, and when FOX was bought out, every FOX property became a Disney property, all at the same time.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I just feel like that would make it even more pointless as there’s no reason to watch it when it treads the same beats as the animated version just in different visuals and less charm.
Well, that's what I personally like seeing in live-action remakes. I enjoy watching the them going, "Hey, I remember that scene! That's exactly like the original!"

Add too many new things, and I'm sitting in the theater wondering if what I'm watching even counts as a "remake".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom