• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
They were doh.

The X-Men got toys, game appearances and even clothing during the past years, while the F4 only started getting those since January of this year.
Tbh this probably has more to do with how they've slowly phased the F4 out from their main comic and film lineups. They just don't get pushed at all, and their popularity has steadily dropped. They probably decided to do them as DLC to prioritize more popular franchises, unfortunately.

Only movies I really have left this year I look forward to is Crawl, Stuber, Hobbs & Shaw, It: Chapter Two and Ad Astra.

Out of the five current I'd say Hobbs & Shaw is my most anticipated followed by Ad Astra and Crawl.
IT 2 is going to be fun. I personally preferred the first film over the book, although they did remove a couple character arcs/traits that I would have preferred to have been kept. (Not the infamous and inappropriate-to-this-thread scene, I'm actually absurdly happy that got taken out)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I feel like all Disney’s doing way to many live action remakes. Just checked the list, and they’ve done a lot. I’d love to see them try something more original.

They have 26 live action remakes. (Important to note than included upcoming ones and ones that are already out.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
IT 2 is going to be fun. I personally preferred the first film over the book, although they did remove a couple character arcs/traits that I would have preferred to have been kept. (Not the infamous and inappropriate-to-this-thread scene, I'm actually absurdly happy that got taken out)
Fun fact.

When Stephen King wrote that part in the book. He never recalled doing so because back at that time he was a heavy drinker. He doesn't even remember writing Cujo as a result.

D

Deleted member

Tbh this probably has more to do with how they've slowly phased the F4 out from their main comic and film lineups. They just don't get pushed at all, and their popularity has steadily dropped. They probably decided to do them as DLC to prioritize more popular franchises, unfortunately.
No doubt due to the reception of Fant4stic. I'm not blaming Josh Frank for the movie's failure (it was mainly due to studio meddling), but I have no idea why he was hired at all. His gritty style does not mix with the F4 at all

D

Deleted member

IT 2 is going to be fun. I personally preferred the first film over the book, although they did remove a couple character traits that I would have preferred to have been kept. (Not the infamous and inappropriate-to-this-thread scene, I'm actually absurdly happy that got taken out)
Nah, Marvel has been giving the F4 an important push since the year started.

Not only their main comic run is back, but also....

>Got a full official week during January where thet got added to every current Marvel game both on phone and consoles.
>Announced many comic spin off such as a Susan Storm solo run and a one-book side story.
>Finally got Marvel Legends figures.
>Marvel Studios is currently trying to save the planned Doctor Doom solo movie.
>Promoted the hell out of the wedding between Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters.
>Used them on more promotional material.
>etc...

Marvel has been showing an important and deep care for the First Family since the year started.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I feel like all Disney’s doing way to many live action remakes. Just checked the list, and they’ve done a lot. I’d love to see them try something more original.

They have 26 live action remakes. (Important to note than included upcoming ones and ones that are already out.)
Ironically, the live-action Disney movie I wanted to see the most got cancelled.

I really wanted a live-action Phineas and Ferb with a realistic but still green Perry the Platypus.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Disney live-action remakes are lazy cash grabs trying to cash in on the nostalgia of the animated films. They have no reason to exist to begin with.

If people wants to watch the films they'll stick to the animated classics like myself which I'm doing with the 1994 film next week. I also don't see why Disney just can't re-release the animated films enhanced in theaters since kids would still go flock to see them.

The live-action Lion King just feels so...Lifeless...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Disney live-action remakes are lazy cash grabs trying to cash in on the nostalgia of the animated films. They have no reason to exist to begin with.

If people wants to watch the films they'll stick to the animated classics like myself which I'm doing with the 1994 film next week. I also don't see why Disney just can't re-release the animated films enhanced in theaters since kids would still go flock to see them.

The live-action Lion King just feels so...Lifeless...
All they're doing is taking the OG films and removing the magic and character. Miss me with that

D

Deleted member

Saying that Marvel does not currently care about the F4 is the same as saying that Nintendo doesn't care about Metroid.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait last one

Pokémon Chaos & Pokémon Cosmos Order

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Fun fact.

When Stephen King wrote that part in the book. He never recalled doing so because back at that time he was a heavy drinker. He doesn't even remember writing Cujo as a result.
Yup, lol. I'm a pretty big Stephen King fan. I actually just finished the Dark Tower series for the first time (no idea why it took me so long) and loved it, minus the second to last book.

No doubt due to the reception of Fant4stic. I'm not blaming Josh Frank for the movie's failure (it was mainly due to studio meddling), but I have no idea why he was hired at all. His gritty style does not mix with the F4 at all
Yeah that film is awful.

Nah, Marvel has been giving the F4 an important push since the year started.

Not only their main comic run is back, but also....

>Got a full official week during January where thet got added to every current Marvel game both on phone and consoles.
>Announced many comic spin off such as a Susan Storm solo run and a one-book side story.
>Finally got Marvel Legends figures.
>Marvel Studios is currently trying to save the planned Doctor Doom solo movie.
>Promoted the hell out of the wedding between Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters.
>Used them on more promotional material.
>etc...

Marvel has been showing an important and deep care for the First Family since the year started.
Oh awesome! I'm glad they're back to pushing F4; I remember hearing their comic had been canceled and felt a bit sad.

D

Deleted member

Truer words couldn't had been said better.
I can't believe you just mixed two phrases that mean exactly the same thing. You mixed the phrases "Truer words have never been said" and "Couldn't have said it better myself" into a disgusting, deplorable hodgepodge. You should be ashamed, young man
Pokémon Blue and Black Dress & Pokémon Gold and White Dress
Pokemon Grinch Leak and Pokemon Box Theory

D

Deleted member

Yup, lol. I'm a pretty big Stephen King fan. I actually just finished the Dark Tower series for the first time (no idea why it took me so long) and loved it, minus the second to last book.

Yeah that film is awful.

Oh awesome! I'm glad they're back to pushing F4; I remember hearing their comic had been canceled and felt a bit sad.
Yeah, they brought the main comic series back a bit before the year started.

Hell, during F4 they even made the best TV show of the characters (World's Greatest Heroes) available worldwide for free on the Marvel HQ Youtube channel for a limited time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , saw you tried my level, but you didn't finish it, any reasons for that?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, that's what I personally like seeing in live-action remakes. I enjoy watching the them going, "Hey, I remember that scene! That's exactly like the original!"

Add too many new things, and I'm sitting in the theater wondering if what I'm watching even counts as a "remake".
I just feel like that’s pandering way too much to people’s nostalgia. Maybe it’s because the original Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, but all I could do while watching it is think of how it compares to the original and how it feels I got so much less out of watching the remake. (Not to mention I wasn’t happy with a lot of the changes they made)

I’m just not a huge fan of the whole remake business in general no matter how much or how little they change mainly because so far I haven’t really seen any changes that were for the better or justified the remakes existence.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got a $25 GameStop gift card for helping a coworker out as a thank you like he said earlier.

I honestly thought he'd give it to me during or after the moment I'm helping him. I could just take the gift card and run, tee hee.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note. Shazam! is coming out on Blu-Ray next week. I can't wait to pick it up.

Followed by Missing Link the week after.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much every heavyweight in Ultimate is a meme in some sense, and that makes me happy

D

Deleted member

I just feel like that’s pandering way too much to people’s nostalgia. Maybe it’s because the original Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, but all I could do while watching it is think of how it compares to the original and how it feels I got so much less out of watching the remake. (Not to mention I wasn’t happy with a lot of the changes they made)

I’m just not a huge fan of the whole remake business in general no matter how much or how little they change mainly because so far I haven’t really seen any changes that were for the better or justified the remakes existence.
Instead of pandering to people's nostalgia and memories, Disney should focus on creating nostalgia and memories for the current generation. They've proved that they're capable of it, so they should just do it.

D

Deleted member

7 minutes have passed without anyone posting. Clearly, Galeem has captured everyone on the website, and I'm the only survivor

D

Deleted member

SPIRIT BATTLE: MICHAEL THE SPIKESTER

FIGHTER PUPPET: GREY GRENINJA
STAGE: DRACULA'S CASTLE
MUSIC: LUIGI'S MANSION (BRAWL)
CONDITIONS:
THE ENEMY WILL SOMETIMES BECOME INVISIBLE
THE ENEMY HAS INCREASED DEFENSE
HOSTILE ASSIST TROPHIES WILL APPEAR (YURI KOZUKOTA)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
7 minutes have passed without anyone posting. Clearly, Galeem has captured everyone on the website, and I'm the only survivor
You should be hear in the the mornings (Euro hours) when a whole hour can go by without posts

MainJPW

M.T.A
Earthbound on Gamecube was supposed to look like felt?

That could've looked really good actually.

I'm so sick of typos.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Pokémon Blue and Black Dress & Pokémon Gold and White Dress
xD I think there's gonna be a new one called Pokemon Teal and Gray Shoe and Pokemon Pink and White Shoe. Someone showed me that on facebook some days ago, and while I clearly saw the shoe pink and while, others saw it green and gray...weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom