• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I want to practice with my Pokemon Trainer and Zelda without the fear of getting them knocked out of Elite Smash, so I'm going to open an arena in around 40-50 minutes. Since I figure that there's probably not going to be a lot of people online willing to play, I'm probably going to make it password free though so any random stranger can hop in.

Anyone here who wants to join in is welcome to do so.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I liked TASM2 more than the first one. At least it was a zany comic book movie and made for a fun time at the cinema. The first was just an inert reboot with a bastardized lizard and “look at me I’m cool with the mumbling and the skateboards” Spider-Man.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I liked TASM2 more than the first one. At least it was a zany comic book movie and made for a fun time at the cinema. The first was just an inert reboot with a bastardized lizard and “look at me I’m cool with the mumbling and the skateboards” Spider-Man.
So the skateboarding is bad but the super hard brooklyn accent is totally Peter Parker?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
you know there's gonna be outrage when they pull a new tony stark iron man from some random parallel dimension and people across the street boycott that its not downey while you got some random buzzfeed article with the clickbait title "theres a new iron man, and here's why that's a GOOD thing!!!!"

it's a matter when, not if.
Since there's literally comics where we have a Teen Tony Stark who has to fight the OG one, that doesn't sound too far-fetched.

Or we just see Iron Man 2020, even though that's next year.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Since there's literally comics where we have a Teen Tony Stark who has to fight the OG one, that doesn't sound too far-fetched.
Don't ****ing remind me of CGI teenage Robert Downey Jr.

also, maybe they could make up for lost cause and redo riri williams except this time make everyone actually like her

maybe call it iririn man because the comics didnt care to make that totally obvious pun

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I liked the TASM movies up to a certain point, I felt that Spidey was more close to be Spiderman due to the snark but they really messed up with making Peter a bit more jocky. The Lizard was good but its kinda jarring to see they cut his family from the film, and both his design and plan were just quite generic. Electro was pretty corny and his origin in the film felt strange, like they were making it so heavy handed that he was set to become the villain by making every aspect of his origin more on your face (friendless, on his birthday, living in a crappy home, admirer of Spiderman). Harry as the true villain felt quite shoehorned. Gwen Stacy was one of the aspects I liked the most as I thought she was interesting.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mark my words, next "Iron Man" in MCU is either going to be Mr. Fantastic or Amadeus Cho (Champions movie when, Marvel?).

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I didn't like the way they made Curt Connors 100% all-in on the "lizard master race" motives the minute he transformed. In literally every other medium it was made clear that he was under duress as the Lizard, but there it just made him generic :yoshi:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I started Banjo-Kazooie today. It turns out the last time I played it and completely beat it was 2008, which has made me realize why i’ve forgotten things about the game...it seems so long ago. I would have been in 10th grade probably.

Anyway, I didn’t beat it today, and it’s taking m longer than I originally expected it to, but i’m close to the end...and then it’s time for Tooie!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I liked the TASM movies up to a certain point, I felt that Spidey was more close to be Spiderman due to the snark but they really messed up with making Peter a bit more jocky. The Lizard was good but its kinda jarring to see they cut his family from the film, and both his design and plan were just quite generic. Electro was pretty corny and his origin in the film felt strange, like they were making it so heavy handed that he was set to become the villain by making every aspect of his origin more on your face (friendless, on his birthday, living in a crappy home, admirer of Spiderman). Harry as the true villain felt quite shoehorned. Gwen Stacy was one of the aspects I liked the most as I thought she was interesting.
What’s interesting is that one of the best twists from homecoming, of vulture being peters love interests father, actually stems from their plan for spider man 4, which also impacted the amazing spider man film. In the original 4th draft for spider, Peter would fight the sinister six led by vulture who took over the bugle. He would also be mj’s dad, and obviously peters boss.

Vulture would have also made electro in a scene similar to his creation in the amazing spider man. Black cat was also gonna be there as a love interest and to help fight the sinister six vulture assembles.

Which was a really weird setup but it’s interesting how they took bits and pieces from the draft to flesh out the other two remakes. Makes me wonder if black car will also be bought in at some point in the tom holland era of Spider-Man.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mark my words, next "Iron Man" in MCU is either going to be Mr. Fantastic or Amadeus Cho (Champions movie when, Marvel?).
>no cho hulk

dude i miss amadeus cho hulk

but only when he was the villain, that was when the writers decided to make him good

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I mostly play Wii games on my Wii U. My Wii might as well be a GameCube at this point. Maybe I should just sell the Wii and buy an actual GameCube.
Go for the Gamecube and then try and find the Gameboy Player for it. They sadly run about $50 last time I checked, but it's such a good way to play Gameboy games as long as you're not blowing them up on the biggest screen you can find. Also, the Gamecube is such a pleasant little console to look at aesthetically too... OK, the Gamecube is my favorite console of all time...

Also, my recommendation if you're trying to play Gamecube games. Just see if you can find a cheap old CRTV somewhere. If you've got the room for it and can find one in decent condition, it's really how those games were meant to be played. Especially stuff like Donkey Konga which straight up doesn't really work on modern setups due to input lag.

Here's a question:

Would you be happier if Smash games going forward after Ultimate are brand new games each time, but have less characters, like Sakurai has said OR ports of Ultimate to each new console, keeping all current content and adding a handful of new characters and a couple new modes each time?

I think I would be perfectly content with the port route. I like where the graphics and gameplay are with Ultimate, so I don't need a new game from the ground up.
I'll echo other's sentiment. I want to see the next game just port over all the stages and characters from Ultimate and just bring in new stuff game mode wise and some additional characters. It's really weird to say that out loud considering how generally I'm against it, but Ultimate is just already the peak of Smash for me and I don't see how they'll top it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I didn't like the way they made Curt Connors 100% all-in on the "lizard master race" motives the minute he transformed. In literally every other medium it was made clear that he was under duress as the Lizard, but there it just made him generic :yoshi:
Here's something funny about the Lizard:

I've been researching the Stan Lee written comics of Spider-Man and I've come to find that Stan Lee pretty much made the Lizard the most powerful Spider-Man villain throughout all of the 100 original issues he had written for it. After about issue 50 or so, many of the villains are compared to him when they try to do something powerful. Connors even said he could **** up the Rhino, who was pretty much competing for that spot as is until he said it in his second appearance. He's just that powerful for some reason.

Also this is like the strongest thing Peter has punched within those 100 issues since I'm on the topic.

Amazing Spider-Man #77, Page 16, Panel 2, yes I remember don't nerdshame me. Doubt me? Look it up. I dare you to prove me otherwise.

1562735476516.png

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This would be neat. I have a feeling that physically the next iron man will be made up several characters who will rise up and work together to better the world. I think peter is part of that team and we will see this expand in phase 4. Physically the face of the overall mcu in the real world, I feel is going to Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, and probably Benedict Cumberbatch. It feels like a challenge to truly capture one person as iron man right now. Although we will need to see more on phase four to see where they go. I’m not sure we will see the FF too early but I do think they could squeeze into phase 4. On top of that I wouldn’t be surprised if we have to wait before anyone really rises up to full Iron Man’s shoes in the mcu.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay folks, it's arena time! It's a public arena with no password required.

The ID is 49XHP. Feel free to join if you'd like.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also through using my Scorpion Mii Brawler i've become somewhat of a mii brawler main

just by using it i've learned most of the combos pretty quickly. i don't use axe kick cause i think helicopter kick is more fitting for scorpion. it's also a pretty fun OOS option and a great suicide combo killer for hype endings.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Here's something funny about the Lizard:

I've been researching the Stan Lee written comics of Spider-Man and I've come to find that Stan Lee pretty much made the Lizard the most powerful Spider-Man villain throughout all of the 100 original issues he had written for it. After about issue 50 or so, many of the villains are compared to him when they try to do something powerful. Connors even said he could **** up the Rhino, who was pretty much competing for that spot as is until he said it in his second appearance. He's just that powerful for some reason.

Also this is like the strongest thing Peter has punched within those 100 issues since I'm on the topic.

Amazing Spider-Man #77, Page 16, Panel 2, yes I remember don't nerdshame me. Doubt me? Look it up. I dare you to prove me otherwise.

View attachment 230692
I guess Stan Lee wanted it to mean business whenever the Lizard transforms. Rhino can utilize his strength any time. Not Curt Connors :yoshi:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I forgot to share my new Mario Maker course, so here it is,

L1Y-1K8-WGG

simple puzzle level, I'm planning a sequel which expands on the concept much more.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I guess Stan Lee wanted it to mean business whenever the Lizard transforms. Rhino can utilize his strength any time. Not Curt Connors :yoshi:
Curt Connors transformations are on a whim. He "feels" the Lizard coming at absolutely random times even though he's been cured just as easily because of chemicals or whatever. His defeats slowly decrease in making sense, too. He was beaten through:

- Injection
- Locked in a freezer

and my personal favorite

- Being reminded that he was a person and had a kid and PTSD reverted him back

They did this to Green Goblin too.

1562736980294.png

That child support must be traumatizing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually osby osby with how packed far from home is, I forgot about this line that could answer your question:
Happy tells peter he isn’t tony and can’t live up to Tony. Not even tony could live up to tony.

I feel like this is going to be a very important line and theme going forth in the mcu. That not just one person can be tony, but a group work towards the ideals he wanted can become the new tony in the world’s eyes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know if anyone in this thread actually joined my arena but there's this Wii Fit player named Pedro who's tilting me so hard.

They aren't even spammy or anything, they're just better then me.

D

Deleted member

I remember when Overwatch was the "TF2 killer"

Jokes on you, VALVe killed it first. :4pacman:
Depends on how you define "dead".
Updates? Yeah that **** is in the grave. Playerbase? Still miraculously going strong, usually within the top 10 games played on Steam at any given time.
The Heavy update will arrive any second now

.... any second now.
>tfw Jungle Inferno came out over a year ago and we've gotten no major updates since + no signs of a new update in the future
1562739056836.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't know if anyone in this thread actually joined my arena but there's this Wii Fit player named Pedro who's tilting me so hard.

People who are superior to me must me destroyed

So there goes 84% of humanity

osby

Smash Obsessed

Good :ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm: players are scary.

I play as them since Smash 4 and I'm still not great. Super fun character, though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now they've switched to Icies and they're still beating me.

I'm kind of tired of playing but at the same time I don't want to just like, give up.
Good :ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm: players are scary.

I play as them since Smash 4 and I'm still not great. Super fun character, though.
Their trickshots were 3,000 IQ.
I didn't even know they could launch their volley ball in some of those angles.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so can i save progress on a build during a course or do i have to do it all in one go

cause im tryin to do my ideas on the SMM2 level

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Today I learned that Icies with the proper tech skill can punish you for grabbing them. Like half my gameplan is grabbing.

Luckily they're shut down pretty hard by Razor Leaf and Flamethrower but I wanna play aggressive.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Depends on how you define "dead".
Updates? Yeah that **** is in the grave. Playerbase? Still miraculously going strong, usually within the top 10 games played on Steam at any given time.

>tfw Jungle Inferno came out over a year ago and we've gotten no major updates since + no signs of a new update in the future
View attachment 230694
At this point I just want them to finish the comic series, it’s been over 2 years since the last issue.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just saw Far From Home and... Damn. I thought they topped Spider-man 2 with homecoming but holy ****.
  1. Spider-man: Far From Home
  2. Spider-man 2
  3. Spider-man: Homecoming
  4. Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
  5. Spider-man
  6. Spider-man 3
  7. The Amazing Spider-man 2
  8. The Amazing Spider-man
This movie is so damn good. Yes, it does help that one of my favorite actors ever, if not my most favorite, is playing one of my favorite, if not most favorite, Spidey villains. And this comes off the back of them doing the same thing with Michael Keaton as Vulture and Tom Hardy as Venom. It's like Marvel and Sony are specifically trying to make these movies for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom