• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, think we discussed that yesterday. Honestly, it sounds good on paper, but I’m not liking what I see.

Also, Jared said something on an interview that was interesting.
Honestly, I would prefer it hand drawn, but this was the only option for a show like this.
O.o Ohhh, I didn't know about this! I hope it still has the catchy jazz music.

I mean, I was kind of skeptical when I read the original studio was not going to make it...but as long as Netflix stays on model with the style and characters, I think that despite the animations not being drawn paper won't be an issue, after all, they colored everything digitally afterwards for the original game and it still looked great and saved them a lot of time than by using actual animation cells for it.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
O.o Ohhh, I didn't know about this! I hope it still has the catchy jazz music.

I mean, I was kind of skeptical when I read the original studio was not going to make it...but was long as Netflix stays on model with the style and characters, I think that despite the animations not being drawn paper won't be an issue, after all, they colored everything digitally afterwards for the original game and it still looked great and saved them a lot of time than by using actual animation cells for it.
I pray that the art style shown in the poster isn't final, honestly.

AndreaAC

The promo image shown, not a poster. Sorry.
Ok, I just looked it up...and I think I'm going to pray too. :/ Was it really that hard to replicate the original's style? And the colors? I think the charm of the game is that it replicated all of the aspects of the 1930's style perfectly. A shame if it ends up not being the case here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ok, I just looked it up...and I think I'm going to pray too. :/ Was it really that hard to replicate the original's style? And the colors? I think the charm of the game is that it replicated all of the aspects of the 1930's style perfectly. A shame if it ends up not being the case here.
Reminds me of a Nicktoon, honestly. I like the art style, love it, in fact, but it just doesn't work for what Cuphead is trying to achieve.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

And we're finally back at it again. They're going to keep updating the Switch and make sure we don't forget it, like every other system.

AndreaAC

Reminds me of a Nicktoon, honestly.
Yup, I definitely see that too.

:/ Oh boy. Nope, not liking it.

The only game-related show I have seen and liked despite it including annoying yet funny buggers is the Rabbids Invasion one, the big difference here it being 3D and I think made by Ubisoft themselves.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Nintendo actually did it.

They made their first true handheld that is as strong as their console.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Huh, so the Switch Lite.

I play a lot in handheld , but I don't think I'll be getting this when there are certain titles (big adventure games, games that push the Switch to its limits) that I wanna see up on a bigger screen

Cool idea though

osby

Smash Obsessed
This just feels like a cashgrab. Is that just me?
Depends on your definition of "cashgrab".

I think Switch isn't a great portable console and Lite version seems a more practical way to play in handheld mode, especially if you don't already have a Switch.

D

Deleted member

Making some progress on the textures. Thoughts are appreciated.
1562764633061.png

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
and what does "Only games the support handheld mode" even mean?

Thete are games that dont support handheld mode?
There are some games that only support handheld mode, it stands to reason there might be some that only support TV mode, if not now then potentially in the future.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There are some games that only support handheld mode, it stands to reason there might be some that only support TV mode, if not now then potentially in the future.
I was about to be worried but I remebed the og switch Does everything pfff

i hope whoever buyss this switch, but not really switch, lite doesnt see a game they really want that cant be used on thr Lite. That would be pretty bad

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So guys.

Far From Home or Into the Spider-Verse? Which do you like more?
Into the Spider-Verse. FFH was pretty good, but it's not one of those films that's important on a grand scale.
Spider-verse, on the other hand, is unique from the other Spider-man films due to the alternate timeline plot point, and it pulls off the crossover tropes very well. It's more ambitious than FFM and yet it's executed very well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not being able to dock is a huge deal breaker if I didn't already had a Switch.

Also, I find the available colors ugly.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I’m in the middle of writing an AU Undertale fanfiction

Have I hit rock bottom, or have I ascended?:bobomb:
Dude, do it. I'd love to read it once you have a chapter or so finished. Just remember to respect the canon, and if you REALLY wanna go all out, find an editor or advisor to make your work shine.

D

Deleted member

That's what makes Mario fanfic so easy. There's hardly any canon to even respect :yoshi:
Mario fanfiction is quite interesting from a certain point of view. Waluigi's Taco Stand is over 500 chapters long :b

D

Deleted member

Still with my mind blown after watching such a love letter to the character of Mysterio.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
and what does "Only games the support handheld mode" even mean?

Thete are games that dont support handheld mode?
Super Mario Party is TV only, you can't even use the Pro Controller.

Tabletop Mode is fine though, because the main reason you can't do traditional handheld mode is because every player is required to play Single Joycon, which is probably why it won't work on Nintendo Switch Lite with the non detachable controller, unless you buy separate Joycons. No Kickstand on Lite would also make it considerably more difficult and inconvenient to play Tabletop, so all in all you would be FAR better buying regular Switch for that game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom