• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A lot better for the road than the regular Switch, but somewhat worse at home, although that depends on how you play. Given how much Nintendo seems to love the ability to use systems on the go, there's at least a reason for it.

It's probably cheaper too, so that gives those who haven't bought a Switch an incentive to buy it. I don't think I will, but there's likely a big audience out there.
It's $100 cheaper so it's kinda like a 2DS in that sense.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thats good as along there are triple AAA companies supporting it

Can you list them?
I saw some mobile games being ported for the switch.
I mean I like to think Switch’s eShop is vetted way better than Wii U’s glares at Meme Run

Mobile games can be decent too, Fallout Shelter is pretty good imo

I do however wish the Switch eShop had user reviews

Last edited:

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I mean I like to think Switch’s eShop is vetted way better than Wii U’s glares at Meme Run

Mobile games can be decent too, Fallout Shelter is pretty good imo
I remember seeing a crappy card games at the eshop

Also fallout shelter I remember having soo much progress in it I unlocked like nuclear core and stuff now I left my vault rot sadly

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Noipoi Noipoi
Undertale fanfic stuff:

Since you mentioned it earlier, a friend and I have been co-writing a UT fanfic for fun, lately. It's been really interesting and it's a great pasttime. If you're willing to exchange stories in the future, I'd love that. If you're interested, just lemme know. We could give suggestions for editing and making each others' stories something special...something above and beyond the typical fluff on the internet.

Just lemme know if you wanna read each others' fanfics. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Il commit the unstoppable and escaped by throwing myself into the window
All you do is crash yourself into the ground.

Your body may end up as a mess of realistic Tetris block, but your soul will still be ours for eternity.

Ț̵̨̧̛̮̜͎̗͕̩̫͚̘̠̹̿̓̑̈͐̎̚H̸̢̗̺̦̤̣͓̙̬̹̟͙̓͆͌̄̓̾̑͊Ẻ̴͉͎̈́R̵̨̛̦͖̬̭̓̔̀̅̈̇͋̈̊͘Ë̵̢̨̧̢̜̣̳̟͔̜̝̭̹͖̥́̿͆̓́͌̿͛̑̿̿͆͂̉͘ ̶̡̠̯̞̮͚͒̂́Ĭ̶̟͔͍̟͓͛̑̅̄̓͛̊̇̽̑̇̚͝͝Ŝ̷̨̗̼̳͚̭̜̎͠ͅ ̵͇͔̗͍͖̘͙͍̼̞̮͙͇͙̀͒̈̉̂͂̔ͅN̸̡̧͚̱̦̱̝̼̳̺̜̻̓O̵̡̡̜̣͇̟̼͚̠̤̳͂̑͊́͂̄́̀̽̍͛́͘ ̷̡̢̢̬̻̺̝̤̄̃͜ͅÈ̴̮̅̉̄̽̈́̀̕̚̚͝͠S̵̼̈͒̂̚C̷̢̘̹̱̻͔̦̝̯̬̞͓͉̹̓͗͋̔̔͐̃̽̆̂̍̽̚͘Ȧ̴̢̤̘̆̔̌͒̌̒̀͊̕̕͠Ṗ̵̧̮̘̳̭̞̟̯̊E̸̢̻̦̙̘̮̱͎̮̭̘̰̩͌̾̓̿́̚͜

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
All you do is crash yourself into the ground.

Your body may end up as a mess of realistic Tetris block, but your soul will still be ours for eternity.

Ț̵̨̧̛̮̜͎̗͕̩̫͚̘̠̹̿̓̑̈͐̎̚H̸̢̗̺̦̤̣͓̙̬̹̟͙̓͆͌̄̓̾̑͊Ẻ̴͉͎̈́R̵̨̛̦͖̬̭̓̔̀̅̈̇͋̈̊͘Ë̵̢̨̧̢̜̣̳̟͔̜̝̭̹͖̥́̿͆̓́͌̿͛̑̿̿͆͂̉͘ ̶̡̠̯̞̮͚͒̂́Ĭ̶̟͔͍̟͓͛̑̅̄̓͛̊̇̽̑̇̚͝͝Ŝ̷̨̗̼̳͚̭̜̎͠ͅ ̵͇͔̗͍͖̘͙͍̼̞̮͙͇͙̀͒̈̉̂͂̔ͅN̸̡̧͚̱̦̱̝̼̳̺̜̻̓O̵̡̡̜̣͇̟̼͚̠̤̳͂̑͊́͂̄́̀̽̍͛́͘ ̷̡̢̢̬̻̺̝̤̄̃͜ͅÈ̴̮̅̉̄̽̈́̀̕̚̚͝͠S̵̼̈͒̂̚C̷̢̘̹̱̻͔̦̝̯̬̞͓͉̹̓͗͋̔̔͐̃̽̆̂̍̽̚͘Ȧ̴̢̤̘̆̔̌͒̌̒̀͊̕̕͠Ṗ̵̧̮̘̳̭̞̟̯̊E̸̢̻̦̙̘̮̱͎̮̭̘̰̩͌̾̓̿́̚͜
Do you guys atleast have free ice cream

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I made a SMM2 stage a while back, and I wanted to see what you all think. It's a re-creation of the SMM2 box art. Had to make some minor tweaks for it to work, though.

ID: TTF-J5Y-JPF

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thats good as along there are triple AAA companies supporting it

Can you list them?
I saw some mobile games being ported for the switch.
This is going to sound like a cop out but there are literally too many to list lol. Most of them are download only eShop games, but there've been complaints about the system having too much shovelware since its first year, and the complaints have only gotten more commonplace.

It's actually the main reason people want user reviews to be added to the eShop.

Last edited:

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
This is going to sound like a cop out but there are literally too many to list lol. Most of them are download only eShop games, but there've been complaints about the system having too much shovelware since its first year, and the complaints have only gotten more commonplace.

It's actually the main reason people want user reviews to be added to the eShop.
I think I found one wich was in the free to play catagory of games
It games about colors and shapes it used touch even had the "made in unity" logo intro on it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw the switch lite trailer.

Pretty nice of Nintendo to give astronauts something to do in their spare time

:p

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, just stopping by to relay my realization that, if the Warrior cats movie is successful enough, the 6th Book's final battle will be coming to the big screen
that battle is basically the most epic battle in literature
:3

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ooh new Mario Maker level idea

... although it's not all that new, as Nintendo did it in SMB3 back in the 80s and I feel like it's a basic enough idea that it could be even be a whole sub-genre

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Me: Oh man, what a cool idea it be to have in my level, I'm going to try it and see if it actually work-

3D World Style:
View attachment 230716
Why does 3D World feel more limited than SMB1?
Because the game wasn't designed with 3D World in mind, so it feels tacked on.

I would go as far as to say 3D World was probably an afterthought, late in development. An executive was probably concerned that the new mechanics wouldn't be enough to convince players from the first game to pick it up, so they cobbled together assets from 3D World without worrying about making it cohesive with the rest of the styles.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Because the game wasn't designed with 3D World in mind, so it feels tacked on.

I would go as far as to say 3D World was probably an afterthought, late in development. An executive was probably concerned that the new mechanics wouldn't be enough to convince players from the first game to pick it up, so they cobbled together assets from 3D World without worrying about making it cohesive with the rest of the styles.
Eh, I don't think the 3d World style was added late in developpment, or if it was was, I don't think it's really THE problem, I feel like it's something else, but hey, gotta go to diner. So, won't go far on this.
I'm going to spite you and leave this site permanently.
Huh

OK

Have a good day then.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Switch Lite looks cool. Good to see Nintendo wants to appeal to those who prefer using their Switch as a portable console.

I think I’ll pass on this one though. I like playing games like Smash Ultimate to their full potential with a TV setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom