• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the switch lite better have a better battery life

imagine how dirty that screen is gonna get from just sitting there collecting dust

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
aw ****, no HD rumble on the lite?

i mean no one outside of mario odyssey is even gonna use HD rumble but damn that kinda actually really sucks

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wasn’t gonna get one anyway but man, that sucks.
The IR makes sense but the HD rumble really doesn't.

Did Nintendo realize that HD rumble wasn't actually that much of a revolutionary change that isn't "oh that feels kinda nice and very specific"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
aw ****, no HD rumble on the lite?

i mean no one outside of mario odyssey is even gonna use HD rumble but damn that kinda actually really sucks
IIRC HD Rumble was part of what made the Switch cost as much as it does. It makes sense that they wouldn't have it in the cheaper option.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
IIRC HD Rumble was part of what made the Switch cost as much as it does. It makes sense that they wouldn't have it in the cheaper option.
yeah but you know i want my new™ nintendo switch™ XL™ pro™

the new 3DS had some pretty neat exclusives only though they really only had like 3

- xenoblade 3D (i have it. graphically inferior, but damn that price was too good for me to pass up back in 2015.)
- MH4 Ultimate
- binding of isaac rebirth

but 2/3 ride off of the bigger hardware. i wonder if they'd do something like that again just so people will buy it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the switch lite is only $200 compared to the regular switch's $300

if the joycons tech was really that much of a hit to the price of the console then goddamn

Noipoi

Howdy!

if the joycons tech was really that much of a hit to the price of the console then goddamn
“Sir, this rumble feature is cool and all but it’s adding another hundred to the consoles price and-“

“I want. The joy-cons. TO SHAKE.”

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
actually doesn't the switch make VR Labo impossible

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Well, it would be more than just the HD rumble and IR sensor, the Joycon connectors are gone now that they don't detach, the dock connectors are gone apparently, the screen is smaller, and I guess it doesn't have a kickstand. $100 less sounds about right.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh **** dr. mario world is available today isnt it

maybe i'll download it, but idk if its like the OG doc

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
as a video game industry professional the term "HD Rumble" hurts my inner being. there is no way the rumble is occurring at 720p resolution.

StormC

Smash Hero
So... switch light.... why would anyone ever want this?
I like the idea of a Switch I could slip into my pocket. It's also good for kids who want Pokemon but their parents don't want to shell out $300 for a console on top of a $60 game.

Not a fan of those colors though. $200 is also a bit steep for a double dip, maybe if it was $150.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s cheaper, easier to pick up and take anywhere. Kids can’t throw the joy cons out of a moving car window (though they could throw the whole thing out of a moving car window...). There are valid reasons.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
right, the demographic for this is not usual gamers. You could say the same about the 2DS, but that still sold quite well. The D-Pad alone does make it appealing though. I hate the Joycon buttons lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's a cheaper alternative for people who really don't have a use for a dock due to lack of TV or being out and about, as well as being a cheaper product to those who already own a Switch, so for example, an older brother has a Switch of his own, but his little brother wants one too. Well, they already own a Switch with a dock, and they only have 1 TV, so his parents get the little one a Switch Lite. They save $100, and the boy gets a Switch.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I want a Switch Thicc *** Boy, not a Switch Lighty Tighty Whitey. Come on, now.
image.gif

I never wanna see you say that in this house ever again.

You could say the same about the 2DS, but that still sold quite well.
The regular 2DS is one of the most comfortable handhelds I ever had the experience of holding. You would have never expected that wedge of plastic to be comfy but Nintendo is full of surprises.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The thing won’t be able to play certain games. Things like 1 2 Switch and Super Mario Party just need detachable joycons.
That would be a problem if the games weren't 1 2 Switch or Super Mario Party. :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

I just got an email from a random guy asking me to do some voice over? Okaaaayyyyy?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just read about one of Sakurai’s Famitsu columns. Apparently gettin the rights for Banjo was “quite easy” and he was intimidated by including content from such a “legendary series” like Dragon Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom