• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so I think the reason on why I like Spiderman so much is because of how campy he is compared to other heroes of DC and Marvel.

Like, every chance he gets, he spouts srupid one-liners that I think are suppossed to be cool, but they come of as incredibly cheesy that you just can't help but laugh. And the character itself is just incredibly goofy, like, sometimes things are at stake, but his carefree attitude and comedic antics really sell him home.

Why is why I don't think Spiderman can work in an edgy enviroment like Spiderman 3 and especially the Amazing Spider Man 2 did.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ok, so I think the reason on why I like Spiderman so much is because of how campy he is compared to other heroes of DC and Marvel.

Like, every chance he gets, he spouts srupid one-liners that I think are suppossed to be cool, but they come of as incredibly cheesy that you just can't help but laugh. And the character itself is just incredibly goofy, like, sometimes things are at stake, but his carefree attitude and comedic antics really sell him home.

Why is why I don't think Spiderman can work in an edgy enviroment like Spiderman 3 and especially the Amazing Spider Man 2 did.
There are plenty of great Spider-Man stories with dark, mature storytelling. Movies like Spider-Man 3 and TASM2 fail because they aren't good movies.

The character has existed for almost 60 years, there is no "one" way to tell a story with him. Just gotta do it well. (Also, there are tooooooooooons of characters in DC/Marvel more campy than Spider-Man.)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

yeah but remember the clone saga from the 70s and 90s

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
That is the best thing I have ever heard
Haha well I live in Texas so I meet Spanish speakers everyday, as a 4 year old who was playing melee at the time It was the only other language I was exposed to.
Movies like Spider-Man 3 fail because they aren't good movies.
Just kidding, I like Spider-Man 3, but it dropped the ball in soo many places. I'm a Raimi fan at heart but I do like that Spider-Man can be protrayed in so many ways and different tones. It's a real testament to the strength of the character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Should I feel bad that I'm looking forward for the babies on Doctor Mario Wold?

I mean, just the concept is so freaking absurd that is funny. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if we get doctor versions of the viruses.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I stopped caring about the Pokémon anime a while ago, but I’m really interested in how the anime is gonna tackle the Galar region.

Especially when Ash tries to bring over his Heracross only for the border control to tell him to piss off.

StormC

Smash Hero
Just kidding, I like Spider-Man 3, but it dropped the ball in soo many places. I'm a Raimi fan at heart but I do like that Spider-Man can be protrayed in so many ways and different tones. It's a real testament to the strength of the character.
TASM2 makes Spider-Man 3 look like a masterpiece, to be honest.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I stopped caring about the Pokémon anime a while ago, but I’m really interested in how the anime is gonna tackle the Galar region.

Especially when Ash tries to bring over his Heracross only for the border control to tell him to piss off.
They're probably not going to address that at all. A new region means a new team for Ash anyway. Pikachu is the only constant.

When the league comes around and he tries to bring some old 'mons with him they might just not care and let Ash bring back whichever.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The Amazing Spider Man 2 mobile game essentially made the movie not worth watching. And you can swing from literally air in the sky. And you could download it for 2 bucks off the app store?

Except for I played it back when it first came out on my 4th gen iPod and it consumed 80% of my storage. Sometimes the hardest decisions require the greatest sacrafices.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I just want the Lizard to get a second chance in a Spider-Man film :yoshi:
Bring back Dylan Baker as Curt Connors, along with J.K. Simmons. The original Spider-Man films were full of great character actors, and prior to the reboot (and second reboot), I was looking forward to seeing Dylan Baker as the Lizard. Also, J.K. Simmons is J.K. Simmons.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So guys.

Far From Home or Into the Spider-Verse? Which do you like more?
I gotta get myself to watch Into the Spider-Verse since it's easy to see on Netflix, and I've heard spectacular things. If I see Far From Home, it'll only be if I get Disney Plus and watch it on that (and that's dependent on if they add So Weird--they're adding Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens, so it'll be the only chance my favorite childhood show sees the light of day. If I got that in addition to Banjo & Kazooie in Smash and Battle for Bikini Bottom being remade, that completes my childhood nostalgia impossible comeback trinity)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, and I know I'm late on this, but I am noticing a trend with game companies having more muscular girls to their games or at changing designs to be more toned and the such. If this trend continues, then I expect to see a girl who's 99% muscles, so much so that you can't see her head over her muscles.

OK, so this post was bad, but for the record, I'm not complaining about muscular girls, I mean, who would?

I'm tired...

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, and I know I'm late on this, but I am noticing a trend with game companies having more muscular girls to their games or at changing designs to be more toned and the such. If this trend continues, then I expect to see a girl who's 99% muscles, so much so that you can't see her head over her muscles.

OK, so this post was bad, but for the record, I'm not complaining about muscular girls, I mean, who would?

I'm tired...
Do you have any examples of this, I really haven’t noticed a change lately.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do you have any examples of this, I really haven’t noticed a change lately.
I know Tifa was made a bit more muscular in the Remake, the new gym leader that was revealed yesterday was, and...

I had a 3rd example, but I forgot.

Edit: I remembered, ZSS has been made more muscular in her later apperances, like in Samus Returns and Smash Ult.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smh people here forgetting Zarya.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Here's my list for a potential cast of 100 Smash characters.
1. Mario (Dr. Mario becomes an alt, fireballs are still pills)
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Daisy
5. Bowser
6. Rosalina
7. Bowser Jr.
8. Piranha Plant
9. Waluigi
10. Yoshi
11. Kamek
12. Wario
13. Ashley
14. Donkey Kong
15. Diddy Kong
16. King K. Rool
17. Dixie Kong
18. Link (alts for BotW, OoT, and TP)
19. Zelda (alts for BotW, OoT, and TP)
20. Sheik
21. Ganondorf (alt for TP)
22. Young Link (alt for ALBW)
23. Toon Link
24. Midna
25. Tetra
26. Samus
27. Dark Samus
28. Zero Suit Samus
29. Ridley
30. Kirby
31. Meta Knight
32. King Dedede
33. Waddle Dee
34. Fox
35. Falco
36. Wolf
37. Krystal
38. Pikachu
39. Jigglypuff
40. Mewtwo
41. Pokemon Trainer
42. Lucario
43. Greninja
44. Incineroar
45. Feraligatr
46. Salazzle or Mimikyu
47. Ness
48. Lucas
49. Another Mother/Earthbound character
50. Captain Falcon
51. Black Shadow
52. Ice Climbers
53. Marth
54. Lucina
55. Roy
56. Chrom
57. Ike
58. Robin
59. Corrin
60. Cordelia
61. Mr. Game & Watch
62. Pit
63. Palutena
64. Olimar
65. R.O.B.
66. Villager
67. Isabelle
68. Wii Fit Trainer
69. Little Mac
70. Shulk
71. Duck Hunt
72. Inkling
73. Chibi-Robo
74. Isaac
75. Arms character (my vote goes to Lola Pop)
76. Snake
77. Sonic
78. Shadow
79. Tails
80. Mega Man
81. Zero
82. Pac-Man (alt of Ms. Pac-Man)
83. Ryu
84. Ken
85. Chun Li
86. Cloud
87. Bayonetta
88. Simon
89. Richter
90. Alucard
91. Joker
92. Hero
93. Banjo-Kazooie
94. Shantae
95. Rayman
96. Bomberman
97. Agumon
98. Phoenix Wright or Morrigan
99. Bonk
100. Glover

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm tired...
Sakura Ogami from Danganronpa says hi.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I know Tifa was made a bit more muscular in the Remake, the new gym leader that was revealed yesterday was, and...

I had a 3rd example, but I forgot.

Edit: I remembered, ZSS has been made more muscular in her later apperances, like in Samus Returns and Smash Ult.
ZSS seems more like a return to form, as Samus was supposed to pretty amazonian in Super Metroid. But yeah as others have pointed out other characters, I am seeing more of trend.

C6E7F448-E3FF-44AC-B0BC-E2A84C4A8B45.jpeg

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
There are plenty of great Spider-Man stories with dark, mature storytelling. Movies like Spider-Man 3 and TASM2 fail because they aren't good movies.

The character has existed for almost 60 years, there is no "one" way to tell a story with him. Just gotta do it well. (Also, there are tooooooooooons of characters in DC/Marvel more campy than Spider-Man.)
TASM2 makes Spider-Man 3 look like a masterpiece, to be honest.
I still think TASM2 was just a legend that everyone loves to talk about how horrible it was, but nobody could remember what it was supossed to be.
Wow I love tasm2 so all this hurt its a comfort movie for me and Zinith Zinith the only thing I didnt like about lizard was his lack of snout other than that I thought he was great but hey this is all and admittadly unpopular opinion on my end

So guys.

Far from home I super loved it but I can tell alot of you have already disregarded my opinions cause I love the tasm movies but whatever ill just be here...irrelavant

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So guys.

Spider-Verse.

Maybe it’s just my bias as an animation major, but that movie had such a great stand alone Spider-Man story that managed to really stand out from the 6 (now 7) other Spider-Man movies, as well as stand out from every other animated movie ever made. So visually distinct and amazing, as the icing on the cake of a great character-driven story.

FFH was also awesome for what it was trying to do, and those scenes with the villain (you know what I’m talking about if you saw the movie) were super stimulating and cool.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X I tried out your Mother Brain Level. I liked it!

If I had one gripe though it is that it was kind of slow to play through. That had more to do with the fact that you can only have one Superball out at a time and it lasts quite a while, which means if you miss a shot you sometimes have to wait quite a bit for your next one. The level wasn't too difficult though, so thankfully that wasn't much of a problem. I'm not sure if there's much that could be done about that though since it's more of a problem with the game mechanics then the level design. Or maybe I'm just bad at aiming.

I also tried out your Revenge Against the Moon level and really loved that one. It was at a really satisfying level of difficulty and had great theming.
Nah, that's fair, I do wish you could shoot atleast two at a time, but hey, beggars aren't chooser.

Also, heyyy, glad you like my first level more! It's definitly more fast-paced and the difficulty here was much more easy to control compared to the second one, since you don't have to relie on 1 power-up all the way through, that and I had alot of fun with the theming too.

Really, I asked your opinion on the Metroid one because I knew it had some problems and I wanted to see how much you like it despite said problem, and that, tbh, I knew you love the first one more anyway.:p

Noipoi

Howdy!
Spider-Verse.

Maybe it’s just my bias as an animation major, but that movie had such a great stand alone Spider-Man story that managed to really stand out from the 6 (now 7) other Spider-Man movies, as well as stand out from every other animated movie ever made. So visually distinct and amazing, as the icing on the cake of a great character-driven story.

FFH was also awesome for what it was trying to do, and those scenes with the villain (you know what I’m talking about if you saw the movie) were super stimulating and cool.
Ooh you’re an animation major?

What’s it like?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I fear that since the Lizard was already tried in a movie they'll never implement him in the MCU...
There's been 500 MCU films, and there will likely be 500 more in the future. They'll eventually run out of "new" content and have to cycle back to pre-MCU stuff.

StormC

Smash Hero
Wow I love tasm2 so all this hurt its a comfort movie for me and Zinith Zinith the only thing I didnt like about lizard was his lack of snout other than that I thought he was great but hey this is all and admittadly unpopular opinion on my end
Just 'cause I don't like it doesn't make it any less valid that you do.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's been 500 MCU films, and there will likely be 500 more in the future. They'll eventually run out of "new" content and have to cycle back to pre-MCU stuff.
you know there's gonna be outrage when they pull a new tony stark iron man from some random parallel dimension and people across the street boycott that its not downey while you got some random buzzfeed article with the clickbait title "theres a new iron man, and here's why that's a GOOD thing!!!!"

it's a matter when, not if.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom