• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, I think I read that his Japanese voice actor died, which immediately sends up red flags for his inclusion to me.
Wouldn't be the first time his actor died.

This is something I really hate about this current speculation cycle. Instead of keeping the focus of the discussion on characters with moveset potential and unique abilities, we're going down a checklist trying to find out which third-party from a company is next in line. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of third-parties who would make a very interesting fighter in Smash. I just don't like how we keep going back again and again to "which Namco/Capcom character is getting in?".

No offense, but putting that much of an emphasis on the companies who own these characters is a pretty crummy way to decide the DLC. I don't want a bunch of characters as DLC just so Nintendo can divvy up the attention between every third-party company.
People are discussing characters they think are likely, which is how Smash speculation usually goes down. Not much to do at this point but wait for the final two. Plenty of the discussed characters would make for interesting fighters.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Tommy Wiseau's twitter is incredible. I legitimately can't tell if he's just embraced the memes or if he thinks he really made a masterpiece that the ironic praise is legitimate. He has a line of underwear.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tommy Wiseau's twitter is incredible. I legitimately can't tell if he's just embraced the memes or if he thinks he really made a masterpiece that the ironic praise is legitimate. He has a line of underwear.
I feel like he embraced it, and now it's just his character, you know, his Persona (copyright Atlus)

Or not, it is Tommy Wiseau

Noipoi

Howdy!
Would you feed your Dinosaur Dino nuggies?

On the one hand, it’s meat. On the other hand, you’re feeding it it’s people.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think it needs to be said that Nintendo is very likely using Japan's seasonal range when they say Summer and Fall for Hero and Banjo. Basically they use the range from the start of the month for the season to the end of the 3rd month. So Hero's deadline is August 31st instead of September 22nd and Banjo can release from September 1st-22nd and still be considered Fall and the deadline for him is November 30th.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Here's a question:

Would you be happier if Smash games going forward after Ultimate are brand new games each time, but have less characters, like Sakurai has said OR ports of Ultimate to each new console, keeping all current content and adding a handful of new characters and a couple new modes each time?

I think I would be perfectly content with the port route. I like where the graphics and gameplay are with Ultimate, so I don't need a new game from the ground up.

D

Deleted member

Here's a question:

Would you be happier if Smash games going forward after Ultimate are brand new games each time, but have less characters, like Sakurai has said OR ports of Ultimate to each new console, keeping all current content and adding a handful of new characters and a couple new modes each time?

I think I would be perfectly content with the port route. I like where the graphics and gameplay are with Ultimate, so I don't need a new game from the ground up.
I have no idea how a new Smash game would even work. The graphics and gameplay and roster seem to be as good as Smash could possibly be

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is something I really hate about this current speculation cycle. Instead of keeping the focus of the discussion on characters with moveset potential and unique abilities, we're going down a checklist trying to find out which third-party from a company is next in line. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of third-parties who would make a very interesting fighter in Smash. I just don't like how we keep going back again and again to "which Namco/Capcom character is getting in?".

No offense, but putting that much of an emphasis on the companies who own these characters is a pretty crummy way to decide the DLC. I don't want a bunch of characters as DLC just so Nintendo can divvy up the attention between every third-party company.
Well, I don't want a Tekken character because they are owned by Namco. I want a Tekken character, preferably Jin Kazama, because I've been a fan of the series for as long as I could remember. I also think the Mishima's could offer some really cool moves in the game.

I don't particularly care about the Mii Costume theory BS. So I'm not putting stock that a Capcom/Namco character is a sure-fire thing. I talk about them because I happen to like a lot of them.

I'm still holding for Doom Marine, Ryu Hayabusa, and Leon Kennedy for DLC.
Ryu Hayabusa would be really cool, so no complaints there.

D

Deleted member

I've said this before: but I'm going all in on this prediction:

Smash 6 in 2023

Exactly 100 Characters

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here's a question:

Ports for eternity. I don’t wanna lose anyone again, gotten so attached to everyone in the roster and it would be a shame to lose anyone. Even Banjo, hope Microsoft will allow it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom