• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I would love it if they made the series into a couple direct to netflix/dvd films. But what I really want is a new game with all the love and care of a Smash game or LEGO Dimensions. That's why I'm designing it.
If it doesn't have Robot and Monster, don't bother designing it

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So for those that saw spider man how would you feel if they took brad Davis and:
Made a version of mr negative? He already has a pretty good setup for it given his hatred towards peter for being competition and now that he knows he’s spider man, it might drive him over the edge and he could become mr negative. I know there’s no comic preset for this but brad’s nice on the outside cruel on the inside type of personality could easily setup mr negative. Plus they also introduced a feast like place in the story alongside brad as an Asian american(I presume) actor.

Feels like it could be a good setup for mr negative after a lot of people enjoyed him in the PS4 game and the fact that if done right he would be a pretty cool villain. Thoughts?
I'd be down with that. The MCU already has some differences with the comics, so I think that'd be pretty nice.
Nah it’s a legit story
Thank God, the transition to the dark side isn't completed yet.

D

Deleted member

Typically, the best MCU movies are the ones that aren't adapted from the comics (Guardians of the Galaxy, Endgame, Homecoming)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Can anyone explain to me why Heihachi is an interesting choice? Other than "because he's Namco" or "because Tekken is popular."

To me, he literally seems like the most boring choice they could make, especially when put up against the 3 other Fighters Pass characters we have so far.

This is probably generalizing to the extreme, and I admit that I know pretty much nothing about Tekken, but he seem like he would be Ryu, but old and without a projectile.
Heihachi is a martial artist with lightning powers. He'd have input commands that would would result in the same moves that he uses in Tekken. In terms of uniqueness they might incorporate multi hit follow ups as in the style of Tekken, silly stuff like ten hit combos and what not. I recommend watching this video to get a general overview of how he might look if he got picked for Smash. You can practically tell which moves would be his Smash/Tilt and whatnot.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Found my new favorite gym leader.
I never really had any favorite gym leaders, but lemme tell ya Allister and Bea are the first. If I had to choose, though, it'd be Allister. He's the ghost type leader, and ghost types are my favorite, and he has a Mimikyu, my favorite Pokemon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can anyone explain to me why Heihachi is an interesting choice? Other than "because he's Namco" or "because Tekken is popular."

To me, he literally seems like the most boring choice they could make, especially when put up against the 3 other Fighters Pass characters we have so far.

This is probably generalizing to the extreme, and I admit that I know pretty much nothing about Tekken, but he seem like he would be Ryu, but old and without a projectile.
Tekken's more juggle based than Street Fighter for one. And the style of Karate Heihachi uses is different enough from Ryu and Ken. If you don't want someone old, there's always Jin or Kazuya. And those guys have demon powers to make them more over the top if need be. Ideally, you'd be able to chain EWGFs with Heihachi even in this game, though I don't know if they'd go with the input system that Ryu and Ken have. Bayo has it for a move too if I'm not mistaken. So a Tekken character should have some cool strings at least. EWGFs also break projectiles in T7, so implementing that into Smash could help with their approach against zoning characters like Mega Man, R.O.B and Samus.

Heihachi for example has stuff like his Demon's Breath, Spinning Demon and Hell Axle that are mostly unique to him or the Mishima characters. The Shotos and Mishima's might have some similarities, but it'd be like saying Marth and Link are the same because they use swords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrfQq-k1qGA

That said, I'm a Jin main, so I'd prefer him as it is, but Heihachi would likely translate in a similar manner focusing on combo strings and juggling. If you don't like him, you don't like him. But hopefully I can give you an idea of why others might.

D

Deleted member

Heihachi is a martial artist with lightning powers. He'd have input commands that would would result in the same moves that he uses in Tekken. In terms of uniqueness they might incorporate multi hit follow ups as in the style of Tekken, silly stuff like ten hit combos and what not. I recommend watching this video to get a general overview of how he might look if he got picked for Smash. You can practically tell which moves would be his Smash/Tilt and whatnot.
So, Ryu.

Yeah, no. I'm good with just two Ryus

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
playing gamecube games on my huge HD roku game is... kind of surreal. Wish the Wii did some sort of uniform up scaling.
It's an absurd amount of money so I don't recommend people do it, but.

I got a framemeister for all my old consoles and it legitimately makes a huge difference, particularly when you're able to get an RGB cable for the console (which is also often rather expensive).

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
6048 8844 4289

Pokemon Go code. Do we have a place here that's made for sharing Go FCs?
Since we redid the gaming section, maybe we should make a thread for that.

D

Deleted member

Whew, head is mostly done.

MODEL - 70%
RIG - 0%
TEXTURES - 0%

Hoping this goes well.

D

Deleted member

You should check out Heihachi’s guest appearance in another platform fighter, where he’s got all kinds of different utilities that make him more than just another Ryu. It’s called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
I'd rather not check out this game. I'll just take your word for it

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So, Ryu.

Yeah, no. I'm good with just two Ryus
He wouldn't be like Ryu lol
They don't even share the same attacks and signature moves. Heihachi has EWGF, Battering Ram and many other moves that differtiate him from other martial artists. Saying he's a Ryu clone is like saying Hero is a Marth clone, they're waaay too different in terms of playstyle to call them the same.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's an absurd amount of money so I don't recommend people do it, but.

I got a framemeister for all my old consoles and it legitimately makes a huge difference, particularly when you're able to get an RGB cable for the console (which is also often rather expensive).
Looked up the prices and HOLY CRAP! I can't justify this purchase, especially since the Wii is my only pre-HDMI console.
You should check out Heihachi’s guest appearance in another platform fighter, where he’s got all kinds of different utilities that make him more than just another Ryu. It’s called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
Love that game. Really hope Sakurai sees is and realizes Heihachi in Smash isn't as impossible as he thinks. Really want Heihachi.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Wait, is Bayonetta a Nintendo character or not?
From what I understand, Nintendo owns the publishing rights to all the games since the first, Platinum Games actually creates the games, and Sega owns the IP itself.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Looked up the prices and HOLY CRAP! I can't justify this purchase, especially since the Wii is my only pre-HDMI console.
Yeah. I have no idea why it's so absurdly priced. But I bought a used one and use it for my Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii and it really makes everything crisp and clear on modern TVs. Long term, as an avid old school gamer, it's worth it. But not if you're not constantly using it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I rarely, if ever, use my Wii, but anytime I do I use an HDMI adapter for it. Sewell brand I think. Any other old game I usually have in some other form or use an emulator for.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I rarely, if ever, use my Wii, but anytime I do I use an HDMI adapter for it. Sewell brand I think. Any other old game I usually have in some other form or use an emulator for.
I mostly play Wii games on my Wii U. My Wii might as well be a GameCube at this point. Maybe I should just sell the Wii and buy an actual GameCube.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see that Dr. Mario World has 7 colors (the original 3, green, purple, cyan, and magenta).

I wondering if that was done for just aesthetic purposes or are there puzzles with 4 or more colors?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey, I made another MM stage, uh...

B70-0CP-NWF

Now this one, 10 people played it already, but nobody cleared it. Think you can?
I'll play it now.

I see that Dr. Mario World has 7 colors (the original 3, green, purple, cyan, and magenta).

I wondering if that was done for just aesthetic purposes or are there puzzles with 4 or more colors?
There are levels with those colors, yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom