• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh.

AmaLee did a cover of Black Lagoon's theme, and this may be the first time that I actually think the original is way better.

I don't think her style matches the song at all.
One of my favorite ones she's done is Cruel Angel's Thesis.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A thing I don't like about Pokemon is how they make almost all the Pokemon with the colour of their types.
There's so little variety of colour.

Almost all Fire Pokemon are orange or red.
Almost all Water Pokemon are blue (something completely ridiculous considering that in real life stuff like frogs and fishes can have amazing colours).
Almost all Fairy Pokemon are pink or white.
Almost all Electric Pokemon are yellow.
Almost all Poison Pokemon are purple.
Almost all Grass Pokemon are green.
Almost all Ice Pokemon are white or light blue.
Etc.

Bug and Flying are like the only exceptions.

They should make more Pokemon like Floatzel, with cool colours.
Drednaw was a cool surprise too.
Color coded for convenience--the only time I can tell what a Pokemon's element is, is by guessing based on their color. If it's mixed-matched, or ambiguous, I have no other way of telling, usually (look it up online? Nah). Looking at Floatzel, I can't tell what type they are--my guess would be flying only because the two tails remind me of Tails. *looks it up* Water type--float's the only real indicator from what I can initially see, and wouldn't be the first thing to come to my mind. (EDIT: Just also noticed the water droplet belly... I'd say that's good, though again, blended in way too easily so I overlooked it)

It's why Scorbunny's my favorite starter of Gen 8--their primary color is not red, so they look more unique than 90% of starters, and yet I can easily tell it's a fire type. I'd be cool with different colors from their elements so long as they make it really obvious with the rest of their design what element they are.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
i can’t wait to be dr captain falcon!
If they put him in I refuse to believe its not because he can say SHOW ME wear it hurts

Yeah I think he’s a little too doofy, not one of my favorite new Pokémon.
I just hope.that its his first or middle evolution and he will turn into something actually cool looking because his typing is really interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A thing I don't like about Pokemon is how they make almost all the Pokemon with the colour of their types.
There's so little variety of colour.

Almost all Fire Pokemon are orange or red.
Almost all Water Pokemon are blue (something completely ridiculous considering that in real life stuff like frogs and fishes can have amazing colours).
Almost all Fairy Pokemon are pink or white.
Almost all Electric Pokemon are yellow.
Almost all Poison Pokemon are purple.
Almost all Grass Pokemon are green.
Almost all Ice Pokemon are white or light blue.
Etc.

Bug and Flying are like the only exceptions.

They should make more Pokemon like Floatzel, with cool colours.
Drednaw was a cool surprise too.
It's been eighteen years and I still try to hit Sudowoodo with fire attacks because I think it's a tree. I literally still fall for its in-world gimmick.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is completely random, but I saw some crocs the other day that reminded me of Clanker. It looked like this, but with a grey camo pattern.
EE29701D-13F9-4F9D-A6D4-D964252DDFA2.jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone got cool game commercials they can think of?

Stuff like this I mean. Or really funny ones like the Tekken 3 commercial

I know the MMX1 ad got translated, with him saying "I am the lone Hero, Mega Man X!"

D

Deleted member

I know the MMX1 ad got translated, with him saying "I am the lone Hero, Mega Man X!"
Sister Location trailer.

that should be no surprise coming from me

This animated bit at 0:29 looks amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Also, did you guys see that S&S got a bit of a graphical upgrade?

I can't find the tweet, but it's gotten a bit better since 4 weeks ago.
Here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My paranoia is havin' a field day. How do you all deal with paranoia, anyway? Hearing that could prove useful for me.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

This is a very obscure commercial for the Mattel Intellivion console that would have been shown in movie theaters back in 1982. It features early rotoscoping, retrofuture aesthetics, and is one of the most 80's things I've ever seen.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
My paranoia is havin' a field day. How do you all deal with paranoia, anyway? Hearing that could prove useful for me.
Ill tell you as soon as I find out but for now the thing that I do is focusing on having fun and even more importantly running around spreading mirth to other people it takes your mind off your own anxietys and paranoias at least in my experience it does.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is a very obscure commercial for the Mattel Intellivion console that would have been shown in movie theaters back in 1982. It features early rotoscoping, retrofuture aesthetics, and is one of the most 80's things I've ever seen.
Dude, that's CLEAN! A really interesting style going on with it. Could be cool if a game had these style of cutscenes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I saw a few people talking about how the Pokemon we've seen so far are "meh". Here's where I stand based on what we have so far.

SuMo > SwSh > XY

Sun and Moon had designs that I liked back to back to back. Really impressed with the designs they came up with.
Sword and Shield has been hit-or-miss with me. Some I really like (Zacian, Corviknight, Alcremie, Sobble), while others aren't my cup of tea (Glossifleur, Drednaw, Rolycoly, Grookey).
X and Y was a terrible experience for me. I kept waiting for one Pokemon aside from the starters to stand out to me, but it never came. Mega Evolutions are the only new designs I really liked.

Helps if you go somewhere you feel safe and do something you enjoy. If you aren't able to do that, try distracting yourself with something else. Chewing gum and talking with a friend can take your mind off things.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Crash Bandicoot's classic commercials never fail to make me crack a smile.

Iridium

Smash Hero

SEGA Saturn's Theatre of the Eye is pretty deep for what it needed to be. Not Segata Sanshiro this time.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Color coded for convenience--the only time I can tell what a Pokemon's element is, is by guessing based on their color. If it's mixed-matched, or ambiguous, I have no other way of telling, usually (look it up online? Nah). Looking at Floatzel, I can't tell what type they are--my guess would be flying only because the two tails remind me of Tails. *looks it up* Water type--float's the only real indicator from what I can initially see, and wouldn't be the first thing to come to my mind. (EDIT: Just also noticed the water droplet belly... I'd say that's good, though again, blended in way too easily so I overlooked it)

It's why Scorbunny's my favorite starter of Gen 8--their primary color is not red, so they look more unique than 90% of starters, and yet I can easily tell it's a fire type. I'd be cool with different colors from their elements so long as they make it really obvious with the rest of their design what element they are.
It’s hard to strike this balance but I’d like to see more Pokémon that deviate from the stereotypical color schemes yet still are able to have their typing be easily recognized.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Can anyone explain to me why Heihachi is an interesting choice? Other than "because he's Namco" or "because Tekken is popular."

To me, he literally seems like the most boring choice they could make, especially when put up against the 3 other Fighters Pass characters we have so far.

This is probably generalizing to the extreme, and I admit that I know pretty much nothing about Tekken, but he seem like he would be Ryu, but old and without a projectile.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m in the middle of writing an AU Undertale fanfiction

Have I hit rock bottom, or have I ascended?:bobomb:
It's an odd mixture of both, really.
Not well versed in Fanfiction, what does AU mean in this case?
Alternate universe. Basically the main story, but one small thing changes. Like for example "What if Han didn't die in Star Wars?" etc.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Replaying the Nicktoons Unite series for both research and nostalgia's sake. And it took me to the end of level one to realize that my younger self had actually turned off the game's music. No clue why. Now that I'm actually listening to it, it's pretty good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So for those that saw spider man how would you feel if they took brad Davis and:
Made a version of mr negative? He already has a pretty good setup for it given his hatred towards peter for being competition and now that he knows he’s spider man, it might drive him over the edge and he could become mr negative. I know there’s no comic preset for this but brad’s nice on the outside cruel on the inside type of personality could easily setup mr negative. Plus they also introduced a feast like place in the story alongside brad as an Asian american(I presume) actor.

Feels like it could be a good setup for mr negative after a lot of people enjoyed him in the PS4 game and the fact that if done right he would be a pretty cool villain. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

Replaying the Nicktoons Unite series for both research and nostalgia's sake. And it took me to the end of level one to realize that my younger self had actually turned off the game's music. No clue why. Now that I'm actually listening to it, it's pretty good.
Nicktoons Unite Movie, When?

Jeez, I really like requesting movies

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It’s hard to strike this balance but I’d like to see more Pokémon that deviate from the stereotypical color schemes yet still are able to have their typing be easily recognized.
Well, there's Cyndaquil's line too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom