• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know what's kind of funny? Back in Gen 1, a ton of Pokemon were more kaiju inspired. Lots of bulky monsters who'd walk around on their hind legs like Charizard, Blastoise, Nidoking, Rhydon, Dragonite, ect. Some of them (Rhydon/Nidoking/Dragonite) would evolve from pokemon with different postures or body plans, making their evolutions kind of jarring in hindsight. Pokemon slowly shifted styles over the years and kaiju influence became less widespread (although not gone completely), so its funny to see them going back to it somewhat.

The anime series took notice and lots of giant versions of classic pokemon would appear giant in the show. There was a giant Dragonite, a giant Tentacruel, the island of giant pokemon...even normal sized pokemon like Ash's Charizard were animated to give a real sense of weight to them sometimes.

I feel like Dyna/Gigantamaxing makes a ton of sense if you consider Pokemon's routes. Combine that with how much sense Raid Battles make as a social feature and I feel like in an alternate time line without Z-moves or Megas, it'd be really well received. But as it is, I think most of us are kind of tired of Pokemon's gimmick of the week. Even I'm feeling the fatigue. I want to really love dynamaxibg but I just feel kind of indifferent.

Ah well...at least raid battles still look fun.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft Knight Dude Knight Dude

I'll retract what I said about him being just like Ryu because I can see that he's different enough (although I do still see some similarities, which might just be because you can only kick and punch so many ways), but I still don't see him being interesting enough to fit in with Joker, Hero, and Banjo.

To me, the Fighter Pass would end up being "all those interesting characters... And the spiky fighty guy." Not that I'm saying people can't want him, I just wouldn't feel any excitement for his inclusion. My number one Namco choice is still Agumon.

Also, I think I read that his Japanese voice actor died, which immediately sends up red flags for his inclusion to me.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

I'll retract what I said about him being just like Ryu because I can see that he's different enough (although I do still see some similarities, which might just be because you can only kick and punch so many ways), but I still don't see him being interesting enough to fit in with Joker, Hero, and Banjo.

To me, the Fighter Pass would end up being "all those interesting characters... And the spiky fighty guy." Not that I'm saying people can't want him, I just wouldn't feel any excitement for his inclusion. My number one Namco choice is still Agumon.

Also, I think I read that his Japanese voice actor died, which immediately sends up red flags for his inclusion to me.
Couldn't they just reuse his voicelines from the latest Tekken game?

D

Deleted member

I should make some movesets myself. I already made a Spongebob one.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I was hoping for the Hero video, but instead all I got was Donkey Kong 3, Wrecking Crew and a rewind system for the terrible classic game selection.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Couldn't they just reuse his voicelines from the latest Tekken game?
Apparently, from what I've read, Japan sees that as disrespectful and would rather retire a character. I guess they'll only recast an actor if the character has an important role in an ongoing story. For example, Phil from Hercules in Kingdom Hearts 3 had no lines and essentially became a background character, but Xehanort was recast.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

This is something I really hate about this current speculation cycle. Instead of keeping the focus of the discussion on characters with moveset potential and unique abilities, we're going down a checklist trying to find out which third-party from a company is next in line. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of third-parties who would make a very interesting fighter in Smash. I just don't like how we keep going back again and again to "which Namco/Capcom character is getting in?".

No offense, but putting that much of an emphasis on the companies who own these characters is a pretty crummy way to decide the DLC. I don't want a bunch of characters as DLC just so Nintendo can divvy up the attention between every third-party company.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey, I made another MM stage, uh...

B70-0CP-NWF

Now this one, 10 people played it already, but nobody cleared it. Think you can?
I can clear any level I try (outside of the crazy kaizo levels), so challenge accepted and completed. I did the thing where I got near the end on the first try, and then took a million attempts to get back to where I was--and now I know I was one challenge away from the end too. :rotfl: Tells me it's a good level--manageable, even on a first attempt, but plenty of opportunities to make stupid mistakes.

I might as well share my level. FT2-TW4-SYG. It's a recreation of a level I did for MM1, though I had to change things given the changes to 2, while I still learn how MM2 works.

It's a riff on one of the first trailers that showed what you can't do as you need to complete the level--so I decided to find my way around it. Still tried to make it fun and enjoyable, the only trolls I feel are fair ones, recoverable).

D

Deleted member

Well I'll be, someone finally beat my course.

It only took 71 attempts.

(It's okay though, I had to rearrange a lot of stuff for it to work.)
Fixed

Grammar Nazi, AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Last edited by a moderator:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I'm still holding for Doom Marine, Ryu Hayabusa, and Leon Kennedy for DLC.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
This is something I really hate about this current speculation cycle. Instead of keeping the focus of the discussion on characters with moveset potential and unique abilities, we're going down a checklist trying to find out which third-party from a company is next in line. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of third-parties who would make a very interesting fighter in Smash. I just don't like how we keep going back again and again to "which Namco/Capcom character is getting in?".

No offense, but putting that much of an emphasis on the companies who own these characters is a pretty crummy way to decide the DLC. I don't want a bunch of characters as DLC just so Nintendo can divvy up the attention between every third-party company.
I didn't mention that Agumon is my ideal Namco rep solely because I think there HAS to be a Namco character, I just mentioned him because to me it would be better than Heihachi. I do, however think there could be some truth to the "Mii Costume Theory", at least until Namco or Capcom Mii costume DLC is dropped separately or with an unrelated character.

Personally, there are characters outside of Namco and Capcom that I would prefer, but right now I think they are more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom