• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For Spirits determining if a character can be playable, I could see that if they already have a spirit they would just use their Smash Ultimate artwork for their Fighter Spirit like they did with Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighters, and Cloud
This is my thought process for Andy as well. He has his more well known AW1 pose to use as his Fighter Spirit. With his AT missing, not having a Mii Costume or any Music Tracks, and the Spirits situation I mentioned before, I honestly feel he has a chance pending his series being revived. People might think i'm wack but I don't care lol.
Me after getting Snake and Wolf back along with King K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo-Kazooie and watching the speculators tear each other apart discussing the last two characters:

Bruh I swear this would be me is Andy was in. Sure I want Isaac and Crash a lot but Andy is like the last character that I really REALLY want lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't care that much since this scene was during the credits, but I don't think the joke was inappropriate enough to warrant being removed.

Actually, I don't think it was inappropriate at all.
I actually completely forgot that joke lol.

But I can totally see why it was removed. It comes off as kinda wildly inappropriate after the whole #MeToo movement. Even more so because of what went down with John Lassiter specifically.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Megumi is my favourite Trophy Girl from the Crash franchise.

She is even based on the real life woman who created the iconic Crash dance.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I think it's most likely this is a troll account created by someone who is looking to get a rise out of NatDex supporters.

Video games were a mistake.
Regardless of it being a troll or not, things like this have a negative impact on the fanbase as a whole. It’s the same principle as thinking how since one item on the menu doesn’t sit well in your stomach, the whole restaurant is effectively one-star. Honestly, I was scared something like this would eventually happen, but the best we can do is hope it doesn’t get any worse from here...

D

Deleted member

C’mon I was trying to start a cool talk about our favourite Trophy Girls in CTR NF.

Why go back to the National Dex thing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, there goes a considerable amount of clout.

To those genuinely nice people in the movement, I’m sorry things like these are happening to you.
Anyone with any amount of common sense wouldn't generalize a whole movement based on the actions of one guy. It's like the Waluigi thing. If people make the choice to discredit a whole movement because of one person, it's a problem with them, not the movement.

And if it's anything like the Waluigi thing it'll just be used as fuel for people who already disliked the movement, a scapegoat. They don't actually care about Masuda, they care that "their side" looks better. Just like the Waluigi thing where so many people attempted to take the moral high ground by pretending to care about Sakurai because it gave them a reason to hate Waluigi.

tl;dr: The same song and dance.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Regardless of it being a troll or not, things like this have a negative impact on the fanbase as a whole. It’s the same principle as thinking how since one item on the menu doesn’t sit well in your stomach, the whole restaurant is effectively one-star. Honestly, I was scared something like this would eventually happen, but the best we can do is hope it doesn’t get any worse from here...
Okay seriously?

We're really going to believe everyone that just goes into every major hashtag movement and stirs up **** purely to discredit the entire thing?

D

Deleted member

Sigh

I’m gonna go check my AMA to see if someone wants to ask me stuff...

A bit dissapointing to see the National Dex talk back while I was trying to bring a neat topic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That National Dex troll just reeks of high school gossip and drama. I wouldn’t give it the time of day

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
C’mon I was trying to start a cool talk about our favourite Trophy Girls in CTR NF.

Why go back to the National Dex thing?
Sorry about that. I’ll say that they all look gorgeous, but I haven’t picked up the game myself yet, so that’s all I can really say.

Anyone with any amount of common sense wouldn't generalize a whole movement based on the actions of one guy. It's like the Waluigi thing. If people make the choice to discredit a whole movement because of one person, it's a problem with them, not the movement.

And if it's anything like the Waluigi thing it'll just be used as fuel for people who already disliked the movement, a scapegoat. They don't actually care about Masuda, they care that "their side" looks better. Just like the Waluigi thing where so many people attempted to take the moral high ground by pretending to care about Sakurai because it gave them a reason to hate Waluigi.

tl;dr: The same song and dance.
As an avid Waluigi fan, this speaks to me on a spiritual level. This is what I’m most worried about concerning the movement; people will wind up generalizing the whole National Dex movement as a hivemind of slanderous wads, when there are, in fact, genuinely good people who have convincing arguments.

I think I need a virtual hug...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My mistake I confused you too because there were so many frequent mods here now, I meant Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom since they wrote the article on it
I believe we can see the Hero make appearance before the summer vacation starts like how Joker was released prior to the Golden Week holidays. Summer vacation will start in two weeks.

That’s my own interpretation and it’s obviously speculation.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Okay seriously?

We're really going to believe everyone that just goes into every major hashtag movement and stirs up **** purely to discredit the entire thing?
Not what I was saying at all; I know it’s nothing but false slander, but even stuff like this will result in an exponential rise in the already vitriolic hostility the fandom is going through. That’s what I’ve been scared by.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jesus that person is ****ed yo. Honestly they could get in a lot of trouble for it too. Kind of hope for it to. You should never make up bull**** like this over a ****ing children’s game of all things.

Smh fan bases are becoming so toxic I wish it would stop

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I dislike something that is not even the fault of Masuda entirely? Better give him **** accusations.

Come on, these are coming from people who are against him. This is obviously fake.
Don't take people who are "against him" as the entire natdex group.

D

Deleted member

Of course not. I probably could have worded that better. What I meant was that the people accusing him of **** are most likely people who are against him.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's not fair to lump everyone together as extremists like the person who made this National Dex troll account on Twitter, but I have to admit that I've actually seen a few others try similar things. More than a few fans are going to unacceptable lengths to rouse anger and outrage within the Pokemon fanbase.

I've already given my position on how I feel like people are overreacting to SwSh and the National Dex. You're free to express your anger and frustration, but at least do it in a mature and responsible way. Stuff like this doesn't help anybody.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
“I dislike something that is not even the fault of Masuda entirely? Better give him **** accusations.”

Come on, these are coming from people who are against him. This is obviously fake.
That being said, I’m not trying to accuse the entire movement, I’m trying to spread awareness as to how stuff like this will cause a domino effect, eventually resulting in their reputation being torn to shreds. Not just natdexers, not just apologists, but the Pokémon fandom as a whole.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the fact that they use the natdex tag is just proof it's probably a troll for both sides just tryna see what they can stir up

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
the fact that they use the natdex tag is just proof it's probably a troll for both sides just tryna see what they can stir up
Not just that but the use of the word anus and the mentions of bugs clearly comes from someone who doesn’t probably knows Pokémon started because satoshi loved bug collecting which led to Pokémon or they are typing the dumbest **** they can find. If your using anus though I really doubt your any older then 16 tbh. Anyone older just says ass

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Sigh

I’m gonna go check my AMA to see if someone wants to ask me stuff...

A bit dissapointing to see the National Dex talk back while I was trying to bring a neat topic.
I’m sorry about that. You can pin the blame on me, I’m constantly out of the loop concerning this forum, so I have a bad habit of posting without seeing any previous posts.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Imagine taking video games so seriously that you spread false **** allegations because:
1. You're mad that a feature is gone
2. You're mad that people are rightfully upset over a missing feature and want to discredit them
3. You're a ****-stirring waste of oxygen.

Regardless of whichever it is, that's really ****ing pathetic. Go outside. It's summer. Silver eyes

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Imagine taking video games so seriously that you spread false **** allegations because:
1. You're mad that a feature is gone
2. You're mad that people are rightfully upset over a missing feature and want to discredit them
3. You're a ****-stirring waste of oxygen.

Regardless of whichever it is, that's really ****ing pathetic. Go outside. It's summer. Silver eyes
Yeah, get out there and do stuff! Play golf, grill, swim, birdwatch, draw...

Heck, anything is better than wasting your time over a game development snag you have no control over, especially if you’re willing to take it to an extreme extent.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oooh

Haven’t had good grilled chicken in a while
It's really tasty when done right. Im gonna be cookin some tomorrow.

If you like extra flavor, marinading chicken breats in a sauce or base of your choosing can give it a special kick in flavor. You can never marinade it for too long, especially if you use sweet baby ray's bbq sauce. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh hey, that falcon vs johnny cage thing from screwattack came out

im still the guy who did most of the falcon research that led up to this episode, they took our calc numbers and used the japanese name for ryu

you're welcome :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom